The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2016, 10:15 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
If Harry did not go to Toronto however, but instead chose to stay in Barbados for a couple of days with MM who flew in, and then he catches a plane back to the UK in order to perform his engagement on the 7th, technically the aide telling the media in Guyana that Harry would be going straight to London from Barbados, wouldn't be lying. It would just be another day, another time, another commercial flight!

There are a lot of lovely places to hide out in Barbados, or surrounding small islands, deserted beaches, private chalets, sunshine....
It sounds like I'm being bloody-minded but I'm not. He can laze around with his girl which is good and be happy - however...

He would still be in breach of the royal policy ( ie doing exactly what P Andrew did which caused the problem way back when)

and less importantly IMO, he didn't fly directly to London as told to journos. I don't worry about this but the first is a concern.

Lots of people ready to give Harry a pass cos its Harry and he's in "lurve".
I don't - I go with what he said about being responsible and earning his privileges.

I'm done with this cos I've stated my view. But he really is going to have a hard time relationship wise cos neither his "fans" or the media will give him a break. Poor devil.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 12-06-2016, 10:24 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Observer7 View Post
I bet it does happen and soon! I also heard that there is no reason why she can't continue acting. So, we'll see.

You aren't going to see Meghan continue acting if she and Harry were to marry. They will be expected to work full time for the family business.

He's not a minor royal who gets pulled out couple times a year for an event. He's never going to be one...until maybe George becomes King. Even then as uncle to the King..no small thing.

LaRae

Old 12-06-2016, 10:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I bet it does happen and soon! I also heard that there is no reason why she can't continue acting. So, we'll see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
She could also be written off the show pretty easily. Actors are all the time.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

If the show wanted to write her off they could, but if she's under contract they're under no obligation to do so. Typically actors are written off when shows continue and contracts aren't renewed. Sometimes actors under contract can be fired, but it's rare for an actor under contract to quit as they risk being sued.

I believe contracts are typically 5-7 years for a new show. Gina Torres left Suits at the mid-season finale when her contract was up, and the show's creator signed a 2-year contract with the network before this season started airing. That to me kind of implies that a number of contracts were up for renewal before season 6 started filming, and renewals were probably for 2 years (covering season 6 and a possible season 7). I wouldn't be surprised if Meghan is under contract for another season.

There is no legal requirement that Meghan cease acting if she marries Harry, but it is incredibly unlikely. For starters, Harry is based out of the UK and his housing and security is paid for by the British taxpayer. Any wife of his is going to require the security... but the British tax payers aren't likely to be wanting to pay for full time security in Canada (and the Canadian taxpayers certainly won't; they made a fuss about having to pay for the Prime Minister's nannies).

Second of all, there would be a huge conflict between being an actress who has to do talk shows and interviews and answer press questions to promote her show, and the Princess who has to have a very carefully guarded relationship with the press. Meghan Markle, Suits star is going to have to appear on talk shows. The Duchess of Sussex, however, is probably someone the BRF does not want appearing on talk shows. And that's not even taking into consideration whether or not the BRF wants the Duchess of Sussex filming romantic scenes with a costar. Meghan is the female romantic lead in Suits, which airs on cable TV. I don't think there's been any actual nudity on it, but there have definitely been sex scenes and scenes where Meghan is scantily clad. All fine and dandy while she's Meghan Markle, but when she's HRH The Duchess of Sussex... different story.
Old 12-06-2016, 11:10 PM
Nobility

Prince Harry stays with her one more day?

Prince Harry extends controversial vacation with Meghan Markle | Page Six

Does this mean Harry is staying with Meghan an extra day in Toronto?
Old 12-06-2016, 11:12 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
You aren't going to see Meghan continue acting if she and Harry were to marry. They will be expected to work full time for the family business.

He's not a minor royal who gets pulled out couple times a year for an event. He's never going to be one...until maybe George becomes King. Even then as uncle to the King..no small thing.

LaRae
I stand by what I said and by what I think will happen. As I said, we'll see.
Old 12-06-2016, 11:26 PM

Aron Korsh, the creator of suits, gave an interview with Collider earlier this year and said all cast members were under contract through season 7. I too doubt that Meghan the Dutchess would be able to keep her acting career, but what about Meghan the fiancée? IF Harry and Meghan were to become engaged in the near future, would there be any issues with her finishing out her contract through season 7?
Old 12-06-2016, 11:32 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

Does this mean Harry is stay with Meghan an extra day in Toronto?
I don't believe Harry's in Toronto, I believe he's enjoying a break in Barbados with MM. Nevertheless, I don't think a site that has other offerings like 'Kanye's out of hospital but not living with Kim' and 'Anthony Weiner too broke to stay in sex rehab' is exactly a credible source. I think Harry will turn up to his engagement in London in the 7th, wherever he is.
Old 12-06-2016, 11:33 PM
Heir Apparent

Prince Harry: Relationship Suggestions and Musings 2016

Quote:

Does this mean Harry is staying with Meghan an extra day in Toronto?

He would have to leave Canada, Caribbean where ever in the Western Hemisphere he is by this evening to fly overnight to get back to London for Wednesday's ICAP charity day that's he going to.
Old 12-06-2016, 11:50 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlytheAnne View Post
Aron Korsh, the creator of suits, gave an interview with Collider earlier this year and said all cast members were under contract through season 7. I too doubt that Meghan the Dutchess would be able to keep her acting career, but what about Meghan the fiancée? IF Harry and Meghan were to become engaged in the near future, would there be any issues with her finishing out her contract through season 7?

Hmm...

I don't think we'll see an engagement announcement (if at all) until she's done promoting Suits in any way. The BRF isn't likely going to want her to be appearing on Jimmy Kimmel or Ellen or what have you after the engagement is announced.

I wouldn't be surprised if an engagement is announced during the later half of season 7, particularly if season 7 is already announced to be the show's last season, with a wedding to take place after the finale, but I also wouldn't be surprised if any engagement announcement waited until Meghan's departure from the show had already happened.

I'm kind of interested in seeing how all this focus on Meghan affects Suits' ratings when it returns in January.
Old 12-07-2016, 12:01 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
He would have to leave Canada, Caribbean where ever in the Western Hemisphere he is by this evening to fly overnight to get back to London for Wednesday's ICAP charity day that's he going to.

If he went to Toronto, he's looking at a 7 hour flight and a 5 hour time difference to get to London. Leaving at 6PM in Toronto would have him arriving at 7:30AM in London.

I've not looked it up, but he's likely looking at similar flight times if he's in the Caribbean.

So, either he's on a plane already or he's not making the Wednesday event.
Old 12-07-2016, 12:23 AM
Courtier

There is the Tiny inconvenience that Ms Markle is a divorced woman whose former husband is, I believe, still alive. I would think that the chances of the prince considering a more formal relationship with her are small, with a view to the Royal Family's history on such matters.

Old 12-07-2016, 12:23 AM
Nobility

How unlucky for PH, that he will never have a chance to build a relatiobship with a woman out of the public eye, within months the press will have the scoop, and everything he does will be looked thtough a magnifying glass. In this case, he hadn't seen Meghan in weeks, probably missed her, and wanted a quick visit with her. Very normal and very human. But I understand he breached a royal policy in doing so. He will be under more scrutiny, Meghan will be judged more harshly.

Looking from outside, I can't help but feel sorry for PH, and Meghan. I'm hoping they'll get a happy story, but she'll have to be very understanding, patiend, thick skinned and very in love to be abe to handle it all.
Old 12-07-2016, 12:40 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerry View Post
There is the Tiny inconvenience that Ms Markle is a divorced woman whose former husband is, I believe, still alive. I would think that the chances of the prince considering a more formal relationship with her are small, with a view to the Royal Family's history on such matters.
I really don't see being divorced as being a problem at all. The future Queen Consort (or whatever she is then known by) is in the exact same situation as Meghan would be marrying into the family.
Old 12-07-2016, 12:50 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

The Prince of Wales is a divorced man married to a woman whose first husband is still alive.

One of his brothers is also a divorced man. As is his sister, who is remarried despite her first husband still being alive.

The rules that affected Edward VIII in 1937 and Princess Margaret in 1955 are no longer in effect.
Old 12-07-2016, 01:16 AM
Nobility

Quote:

Hogwash! Charles is heir to the throne! He has been divorced and married to a divorced woman.

I'm not even going to debate this!
Old 12-07-2016, 01:26 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocoasneeze View Post
Looking from outside, I can't help but feel sorry for PH, and Meghan. I'm hoping they'll get a happy story, but she'll have to be very understanding, patiend, thick skinned and very in love to be abe to handle it all.
That is all that anyone can say. The press, the public, the fans, the royal watchers and Aunt Prunella down the street are all looking at a private relationship from the outside through murky windows.

These are two adults in their 30s that have full, rewarding lives independent of each other and not two lovestruck teenagers with stars in their eyes and need to be in each other's back pockets all the time.

For now, we've not even seen these two together at all and hopefully won't for a very long time because that gives them time to write their own story how they want it to be.
Old 12-07-2016, 11:02 AM
Heir Apparent

Well they can say that...but there's no pic of Harry. All I see is pics of cars. He's probably been there...but you'd think if they can say he was wearing a hoodie etc etc..they would of gotten a pic of him.

LaRae
Old 12-07-2016, 11:05 AM
Heir Apparent

For those interested, Victoria Arbiter will be on CNN Headline News to discuss the 'celebrity romance' of the year.

Apparently they had 2 days in Toronto, 4 days over Halloween and 2 days in Nov.
Old 12-07-2016, 11:16 AM
Heir Apparent

If you can believe the media.

LaRae

Closed Thread