The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2016, 06:51 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
If some of the comments/approach that I have read on various sites from US contributers are anything to go by, there is a real lack of understanding about the mechanics of royal life.

On his v successful tour, Harry spoke about the enormous responsibility inbeing royal and how he has to earn the privileges that being royal brings him.

Any future wife has to understanding that, be willing to take it on, and really get to grips with the mechanics of how it all works.

Its been hard enough for British women having been brought up in the country, (QEQM turned down Bertie twice because of her concerns about royal life and she knew them well) but I think those not used it, possible used to celebrity but not royalty, it will take time. IM reminded of Grace Kelly who felt the restrictions at the time.

This is not a celebrity life where eventually you are not recognised in the street and can live yr ownlife. This is for all time, with every word, tweet, letter, passing comment, frown, laugh and sigh analysed and written about. Same applies to yr friends and family.

They need time and that is going to be very difficult. And fans (click bait) wont be helping.
I hope she knows what she is getting herself into. It comes with alot of baggage and unfortunately alot of misinformation has tainted the country against Meghan. She has spoken very little. Tweets for her fans does not count. Her fans know her, the British public does not. If they are serious then they need to hit the reset button and reintroduce her to the British public. She should spend some time getting to know about the history and institution before making a rash decision. As she has already seen the British media and public opinion can be harsh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
I love this post. He is Royal prince but he is also a man. I wish they would leave him alone!

AlowVera....the people calling Harry's girlfriend a "booty call" are engaging in wishful thinking, maybe with sour grapes thrown in for a chaser. There are zillions of those all over Britain and America and every other place in between IF that's what he wants.

Not convinced yet he will marry her or if I even want him to, but she sure as heck isn't a cheap thrill for him.

Anyone who thinks so is being blind and deaf and dumb.
Right! I mean what about all the European princesses that are somehow deemed appropriate. Love knows nothing about being appropriate. The heart wants what it wants and it is better to be selfish in choosing your mate than let others choose the wrong person for you.

Save

Old 12-06-2016, 07:02 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlowVera View Post
I hope she knows what she is getting herself into. It comes with alot of baggage and unfortunately alot of misinformation has tainted the country against Meghan. She has spoken very little. Tweets for her fans does not count. Her fans know her, the British public does not. If they are serious then they need to hit the reset button and reintroduce her to the British public. She should spend some time getting to know about the history and institution before making a rash decision. As she has already seen the British media and public opinion can be harsh!
JUst so right. you can like/love the person but they all come with baggage and this is 24/7/365 media baggage. And as they will go on about - a taxpayer funded public position.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 12-06-2016, 07:26 PM
Aristocracy

Meghan seems to be a strong, intelligent and determined woman, she will not be intimidated by the British media
Old 12-06-2016, 07:29 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel.10 View Post
Meghan seems to be a strong, intelligent and determined woman, she will not be intimidated by the British media
it is more to the point whether she or any potential wife of a member of the RF is intimidated by the job. the media is just another issue, its the job that counts.

Old 12-06-2016, 07:43 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
it is more to the point whether she or any potential wife of a member of the RF is intimidated by the job. the media is just another issue, its the job that counts.
The love she and Harry share will carry her through (if anything becomes official in the future). The job she will have to learn, just like Catherine and other wives before her. Without love, support and understanding, nothing works.

A.W. TOZER
Old 12-06-2016, 08:31 PM
Heir Apparent

And the spotlight and scrutiny isn't going to stop after any wedding, it going to continue plus add comparisons with Diana and Kate.
Old 12-06-2016, 08:36 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess of Durham View Post
Where are you seeing that his personal life is taking preference over the job? The press have been reporting continuously during the tour. The tour is OVER, this is his free time to do as he chooses and I'm sure he is paying his own way. The press need to quite whining .......
I hope he did take care of the costs Even IF he paid his way the RPO and visit. He blurred the lines and that's not a good thing. If it were PA who did this there would be no Sympathy. Anyways, I found this interesting comment. Don't know if there's any truth to this
Quote:
December 6, 2016 at 4:36 pm (4 hours ago)
We know Harry didn’t fly back with KP team on commercial flight. What everyone skipped was the St Lucia extra activity and extra night. It involved John Warren who is in charge of QE racehorses. $2.6 billion Pearl of the Caribbean development set for St. Lucia - UPI.com St. Lucia Soon to be the ‘Pearl of the Caribbean’ | TDN | Thoroughbred Daily News | Horse Racing News, Results and Video | Thoroughbred Breeding and Auctions https://stluciatimes.com/2016/11/28/...e-second-time# It was suspected that H&M had rendezvous in August. See lovelolaheart blog. Misha Nonoo and Suzanne Warren are friends. Jake Warren and Misha soon to be ex husband are longtime friends of Harry. Meg had friends in Toronto take various pictures to be leaked to press to cover the fact she was with Harry in St Luci with the Warrens. When news broke that he didn’t fly home with Team everyone assumed he flew to Toronto. He rejoined Meghan and the Warrens in Barbados and flew on private jet. KP covering by letting the Toronto story distract from worse truth that he spent time with her while on tour.
Old 12-06-2016, 08:50 PM
Nobility

I don't get this, if he spent his money to do whatever on an off day why does it matter? William and Kate have taken off one or two days to do private events during a tour. If Meghan is with friends and Harry just shows up privately why should it matter?
Old 12-06-2016, 08:58 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Observer7 View Post
Ya know, the fact that Harry has done all this tell me he is going to propose soon and he may do it over their one week vacation.

Suits has been renewed for a seventh season, which Meghan is likely under contract for. I wouldn't bet on an engagement until her contract with Suits is up as if she marries Harry she's not likely to continue acting.
Old 12-06-2016, 09:05 PM
Heir Apparent

the "problem" is two-fold

1. in 2004, because of an issue where P Andrew melded both public and private events together (ie going on an official tour and adding private event on the end) - this was queried and the National Audit Office (those who check that the royals are doing it right financially with public money) were told it would not happen again. Royal policy is that it will not happen again (that's like carving in stone).
However, it looks like that is exactly what Harry has done, plus the media were explicitly told he was NOT going to Canada but going directly home.

2. second problem is linked to the 1st. The media were asked the question re going to Canada and were told explicitly he was going home. They hate being lied to. So they will moan but this really isn't the main issue.

Main issue is it looks like a breach of Royal policy (not media policy) set out in 2004.

On its own I don't think its big, but a disgruntled media and some public complaining (cost of BP) adds up to a bigger problem.

People need to understand that Harry does not act on his own. Everything he does reflects on the Monarchy. That's what he meant when on the tour, he talked about his responsibilities as a royal

Old 12-06-2016, 09:13 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish View Post
Suits has been renewed for a seventh season, which Meghan is likely under contract for. I wouldn't bet on an engagement until her contract with Suits is up as if she marries Harry she's not likely to continue acting.
I bet it does happen and soon! I also heard that there is no reason why she can't continue acting. So, we'll see.
Old 12-06-2016, 09:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Observer7 View Post
I bet it does happen and soon! I also heard that there is no reason why she can't continue acting. So, we'll see.

She could also be written off the show pretty easily. Actors are all the time.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 12-06-2016, 09:27 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
My memory isn't what it used to be and even sometimes goes missing in action. I do seem to recall something about being out of the country. Is it possible that with this trip to Canada on his way home from Barbados that it has been approved by HM, The Queen herself? I don't imagine it would be overly hard for Harry to phone his grandmother and ask for an OK to make a detour on the way going home. He probably sought approval also for his extended stay in Nepal after the tour was done.

Whatever happened, wherever he went and where he is now shows that Harry really is getting good at keeping things under the radar and out of sight of prying eyes.
Old 12-06-2016, 09:37 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
My memory isn't what it used to be and even sometimes goes missing in action. I do seem to recall something about being out of the country. Is it possible that with this trip to Canada on his way home from Barbados that it has been approved by HM, The Queen herself? I don't imagine it would be overly hard for Harry to phone his grandmother and ask for an OK to make a detour on the way going home. He probably sought approval also for his extended stay in Nepal after the tour was done.

Whatever happened, wherever he went and where he is now shows that Harry really is getting good at keeping things under the radar and out of sight of prying eyes.
he would have to pay for it and the fares of his RPOs from his personal funds.

Old 12-06-2016, 09:39 PM
Nobility

Welp it seems these two are crazy in love. If the palace seeks to force them apart, that clearly would not work. They need to draw her closer to the fold and start unofficial princess lessons. They need to be seen together to legitimize the relationship, perhaps at something Christmassy.
Old 12-06-2016, 09:46 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlowVera View Post
Welp it seems these two are crazy in love. If the palace seeks to force them apart, that clearly would not work. They need to draw her closer to the fold and start unofficial princess lessons. They need to be seen together to legitimize the relationship, perhaps at something Christmassy.
There is NO evidence of the Palace seeking to force them apart. Where did that come from?

Old 12-06-2016, 09:49 PM
Nobility

In America there are some blind items saying The Palace does not approve, but that could just be untrue since they are blind items and American. Also the American tabloid press is running with the Palace not approving of this relationship story.
Old 12-06-2016, 09:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
If some of the comments/approach that I have read on various sites from US contributers are anything to go by, there is a real lack of understanding about the mechanics of royal life.

On his v successful tour, Harry spoke about the enormous responsibility inbeing royal and how he has to earn the privileges that being royal brings him.

Any future wife has to understanding that, be willing to take it on, and really get to grips with the mechanics of how it all works.

Its been hard enough for British women having been brought up in the country, (QEQM turned down Bertie twice because of her concerns about royal life and she knew them well) but I think those not used it, possible used to celebrity but not royalty, it will take time. IM reminded of Grace Kelly who felt the restrictions at the time.

This is not a celebrity life where eventually you are not recognised in the street and can live yr ownlife. This is for all time, with every word, tweet, letter, passing comment, frown, laugh and sigh analysed and written about. Same applies to yr friends and family.

They need time and that is going to be very difficult. And fans (click bait) wont be helping.

Thank you so much for a great post I couldn't agree more. The life of a royal is no fairy tale with a fairy princess and happy ever afters

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 12-06-2016, 09:58 PM
Heir Apparent

If Harry did not go to Toronto however, but instead chose to stay in Barbados for a couple of days with MM who flew in, and then he catches a plane back to the UK in order to perform his engagement on the 7th, technically the aide telling the media in Guyana that Harry would be going straight to London from Barbados, wouldn't be lying. It would just be another day, another time, another commercial flight!

There are a lot of lovely places to hide out in Barbados, or surrounding small islands, deserted beaches, private chalets, sunshine....
Old 12-06-2016, 10:01 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
he would have to pay for it and the fares of his RPOs from his personal funds.
That pretty much is a given that Harry would finance having a layover (isn't that really what it was? Kind of a like a flyby visit?) in Toronto. My thinking was along the lines (after reading so much on royal protocol and procedures brought up recently here) that he would have to keep the monarchy informed of his plans and his movements. He may be able to disappear off the radar of the public and the press but never under the radar of Granny and The Firm.