The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2016, 03:52 PM
Imperial Majesty

It's love folks. The man is in love! In Toronto or not.

A.W. TOZER
Old 12-06-2016, 03:55 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
There were a couple of things on the tour such as Investitures that should have been listed in the CC but weren't. I prefer to see some evidence from somewhere that he was in Toronto besides a report in the DM before I make my mind up. I'm sitting on the fence here!
the story started as an exclusive in the Sun this morning - now with DM, Telegraph, Express ... haven't looked any further,

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 12-06-2016, 04:09 PM
Nobility

These newspapers, forums, and social media sites need to leave Harry alone!! The guy is in love and I for one am happy for him. If the press and the British public would mind their own business at times, perhaps Harry would not have to do these things.
Old 12-06-2016, 04:13 PM
Heir Apparent

Well, they all play Tag with these stories. What about the end of the Nepal trip when Harry, having finished the official tour, stayed behind for several days to help rebuild a village school. I believe that was an impulsive decision. Was that private time and was his arrival in London recorded in the CC on that occasion?
Old 12-06-2016, 04:37 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
the story started as an exclusive in the Sun this morning - now with DM, Telegraph, Express ... haven't looked any further,

It's in People Magazine now. And ABC!!
Old 12-06-2016, 05:06 PM
Super Moderator

Lets get back on topic please - Prince Harry's relationship. We can discuss what the media writes about members of the Royal Family in the following thread:

The Royal Family and the Media
Old 12-06-2016, 05:12 PM
Heir Apparent

Perhaps a little tacky buy I'm not an expert on affairs of the heat

Meghan Markle Wears Personalized Necklace for Prince Harry: Pics - Us Weekly
Old 12-06-2016, 05:25 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Perhaps a little tacky buy I'm not an expert on affairs of the heat

Meghan Markle Wears Personalized Necklace for Prince Harry: Pics - Us Weekly
Awe! She was so happy in that picture ...I hope this works out because Harry is definitely into her.
Old 12-06-2016, 05:25 PM
Courtier

Edited to add, oops Jacknch, sorry, it took me so long to compose my reply that your request to take the discussion elsewhere posted in the meantime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loonytick View Post
On the one hand, no, the press doesn't need to know about Harry's private activities and movements. On the other, if he has taken the requisite security personnel with him to Toronto, he's created a tricky situation for the accountants who need to sort out which costs associated with those men are paid for by the taxpayer, which ones come out of his own pocket, and whether the necessary prorating and transfers of money are handled correctly. There are very good reasons for the royals to draws a clear and hard line between personal trips and professional ones, and he seems to have just muddied the waters in a risky way.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the RPOs for the main Royals like Harry are paid for 24/7 by the taxpayers. Charles when he is at Highgrove, William and Catherine when they are at Amner or George when at his grandparent Middleton's home, have 24/7 RPOs and I don't believe that they pay for them out of their own pockets. So Harry going to Toronto, Scotland, London, or Timbuktu after the tour is a non issue vis a viz. the cost of the RPOs.
I'm a bit confused, but is this what happened - I assume there was never a promise to the press that they would fly back on the same plane as Harry, but they were told in the pre briefing that he was returning to London after the tour and perhaps he did not board the plane to London they assumed he would board?
Everyone had to fly from Guyana to Barbados to make connecting flights. Harry went on a private plane. The press did not and had issues w/ their Guyana flight to Barbados and missed their connecting flight to London and were not happy about that and to add insult to injury one reporter lost his luggage (because it's all about him, right?) Meanwhile their prey, er Harry, somehow managed to escape Barbados w/out them & they don't know where he went, therefore he must have snuck off to see his GF who they know was in Toronto buying groceries and flowers as well as doing yoga recently. Does this summarize this tempest in a teapot accurately?
Old 12-06-2016, 05:26 PM
Nobility

Ya know, the fact that Harry has done all this tell me he is going to propose soon and he may do it over their one week vacation.
Old 12-06-2016, 05:37 PM
Majesty

I agree with that. She must have an assistant who can watch her social media if she's working.

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
My last say about it for the day. Some of her "fans" on insta are posting pretty nasty things about Kate might be a good idea for her to block them.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 12-06-2016, 06:20 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Observer7 View Post
Ya know, the fact that Harry has done all this tell me he is going to propose soon and he may do it over their one week vacation.

I really can't see him doing that so soon. I can only imagine his father would not be supportive of that either considering that his own quick proposal time didn't work out so well.

LaRae
Old 12-06-2016, 06:29 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
I really can't see him doing that so soon. I can only imagine his father would not be supportive of that either considering that his own quick proposal time didn't work out so well.

LaRae
I agree it's too soon to propose but two things are different.Charles and Diana only had a handful of dates before he proposed and Diana was a Naïve young woman.Their union was a forced proposal by a heir...If Harry were to propose after a year it would not be forced ,he is 5th in line and they are both in their 30's and know what they want...That is a HUGE difference but I agree,too soon.I would assume he would want to marry before both of his grandparents died though and the queen being so elderly would possibly be happy to have another wedding before she passed.Not saying the DofE and Queen are unhealthy but the Queen loves a wedding!
Old 12-06-2016, 07:12 PM
Majesty

At this point Harry has to have the permission of the Queen to marry anyway. Presumably that would be given unless there's something that is totally unsuitable about her comes out.

I'm not sure how much time Harry has actually been able to spend with Meghan, it doesn't seem like much based on the time frame and their situation. They can't exactly date in a normal way with her living in Canada and he in England. I think if she were to move to the U.K. it would be a strong signal as to their intentions.

LaRae
Old 12-06-2016, 07:16 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by duchesschicana View Post
Hmm, i think it’s kind of bad when a working royal’s personal life takes preference/gets more attention over the job. Looks like PH is kind of mixing Business with pleasure recently. kind of disappointing.
Where are you seeing that his personal life is taking preference over the job? The press have been reporting continuously during the tour. The tour is OVER, this is his free time to do as he chooses and I'm sure he is paying his own way. The press need to quite whining .......
Old 12-06-2016, 07:17 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
At this point Harry has to have the permission of the Queen to marry anyway. Presumably that would be given unless there's something that is totally unsuitable about her comes out.

I'm not sure how much time Harry has actually been able to spend with Meghan, it doesn't seem like much based on the time frame and their situation. They can't exactly date in a normal way with her living in Canada and he in England. I think if she were to move to the U.K. it would be a strong signal as to their intentions.

LaRae
I think they will figure it all out.

A.W. TOZER
Old 12-06-2016, 07:21 PM
Aristocracy

I don't think it takes a picture to prove that Harry was in Toronto. Also there is no photograph of him with Meghan and it is clear that they are together.
Old 12-06-2016, 07:37 PM
Majesty

If some of the comments/approach that I have read on various sites from US contributers are anything to go by, there is a real lack of understanding about the mechanics of royal life.

On his v successful tour, Harry spoke about the enormous responsibility inbeing royal and how he has to earn the privileges that being royal brings him.

Any future wife has to understanding that, be willing to take it on, and really get to grips with the mechanics of how it all works.

Its been hard enough for British women having been brought up in the country, (QEQM turned down Bertie twice because of her concerns about royal life and she knew them well) but I think those not used it, possible used to celebrity but not royalty, it will take time. IM reminded of Grace Kelly who felt the restrictions at the time.

This is not a celebrity life where eventually you are not recognised in the street and can live yr ownlife. This is for all time, with every word, tweet, letter, passing comment, frown, laugh and sigh analysed and written about. Same applies to yr friends and family.

They need time and that is going to be very difficult. And fans (click bait) wont be helping.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 12-06-2016, 07:44 PM
Nobility

I think they are fairly serious given all the obstacles they have jumped in order to be together. As far as proposing I think they should take this time to live together on the same continent for a while before making such an important decision.

One thing that really grinds my gears is when Meghan is called a booty call....I'm sorry but if that is all Harry wanted their are plenty of willing women in Britain. He surely knows that. But the fact that he has made a public statement along with the constant travel and breaking of rules after the tour, that is enough for me to know that this is not a simple fling and Meghan is not just a stereotypical booty call. Like them or hate them, whether they last of not, she is not a booty call.
Old 12-06-2016, 07:44 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess of Durham View Post
Where are you seeing that his personal life is taking preference over the job? The press have been reporting continuously during the tour. The tour is OVER, this is his free time to do as he chooses and I'm sure he is paying his own way. The press need to quite whining .......

I love this post. He is Royal prince but he is also a man. I wish they would leave him alone!

AlowVera....the people calling Harry's girlfriend a "booty call" are engaging in wishful thinking, maybe with sour grapes thrown in for a chaser. There are zillions of those all over Britain and America and every other place in between IF that's what he wants.

Not convinced yet he will marry her or if I even want him to, but she sure as heck isn't a cheap thrill for him.

Anyone who thinks so is being blind and deaf and dumb.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Closed Thread