The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2016, 11:59 AM
Nobility

I just found out that the press and the others that were with him on his tour confirmed on Twitter that he flew to see Meghan instead of going back to London from this tour in the Caribbean.

Old 12-06-2016, 12:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

Combining private and public engagements in the same trip is actively discouraged

Royal Household 2004 report

http://www.express.co.uk/news/royal/...-Palace-denial

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Old 12-06-2016, 12:17 PM
Heir Apparent

I think there was a lot of frustration among the press corps that chaotic and inefficient practices on a local airline caused them to miss a connecting flight to London from Guyana. Not to mention the fact that Richard Palmer's luggage was lost going to Barbados! However, I believe British Airways came to the rescue, at least where Camilla Tominey was concerned!
Old 12-06-2016, 12:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

Prince Harry flies to Toronto to see Meghan Markle following Caribbean tour

He's in Toronto
Old 12-06-2016, 12:22 PM
Nobility

Yep!! He's in Toronto!!

Prince Harry went to see Meghan Markle after Kensington Palace denied rumours | Royal | News | Daily Express
Old 12-06-2016, 12:27 PM
Nobility

I bet Harry has clothes and things that he keeps at Meghan's house. That made it easy for him to ditch his group. Also they are not going to be seem in public together until they are good and ready! And I don't blame them!! The press and social media are most likely getting on their nerves and they refuse to appease them.
Old 12-06-2016, 01:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think a bit of common sense is in order here. Did the press really expect KP to say " Yes, Prince Harry will be flying to Toronto to see Megan"? So that the press and paps could detour and head to Toronto? Come on😒
Old 12-06-2016, 01:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Observer7 View Post
I bet Harry has clothes and things that he keeps at Meghan's house. That made it easy for him to ditch his group. Also they are not going to be seem in public together until they are good and ready! And I don't blame them!! The press and social media are most likely getting on their nerves and they refuse to appease them.
I think so too. I think the couple are very deliberate in their actions and are doing things on their own terms.
Let them enjoy each other as privately as possible. Good for them!😊
Old 12-06-2016, 01:55 PM
Heir Apparent

Press isn't happy with Harry at the moment.

Prince Harry breaches Royal policy as he jets off to see Meghan Markle at end of Caribbean tour
Old 12-06-2016, 02:01 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa View Post
I think a bit of common sense is in order here. Did the press really expect KP to say " Yes, Prince Harry will be flying to Toronto to see Megan"? So that the press and paps could detour and head to Toronto? Come on😒
Exactly.

I don't get what the press were expecting, either. What difference does it make to them if Harry is in Toronto or London. I get that theyre generally frustrated about lost luggage and flight schedules, but thise aren't Harry's or KP fault.
Old 12-06-2016, 02:17 PM
Heir Apparent

Yes, they've done nothing but bitch for days about lost luggage and missed British Airways connections and the iniquities of the local airline. I get that they all want to get home from Guyana but these things haven't helped!

Anyway, there's been no breach.
Harry and his entourage at the end of a successful tour used a private chartered plane to leave Guyana and take them all back to the large airport at Barbados.

From there Harry (a) nipped onto a commercial plane to Toronto, with ticket paid by himself, and will pay to get back to London by commercial plane.

Or (b) this story is tabloid rubbish and Harry and entourage returned to London from Barbados as arranged. In which case Harry is in London.

In any case, from the time of departure from Guyana Harry was officially off duty. He doesn't have to inform the press of his every move. I wouldn't say the Press as a whole is annoyed, with the exception of Richard Palmer. Judging by her Twitter it's not bothering Emily Andrews too much, whatever the truth of this is.
Old 12-06-2016, 02:25 PM
Aristocracy

I also don't understand why both brouhaha.
Had he not finished the tour ? What is the problem of going to visit the girlfriend?
Old 12-06-2016, 02:31 PM
Majesty

The Telegraph is correct that royal policy has been breached. I can remember the row over Prince Andrew. Lots of people want to give Harry a pass on that - but individual royals cannot pick and choose the rules. If it was Andrew again for example, there would be no sympathy.

I agree that really KP was between a rock and a hard place re "Is Harry flying straight home?" But I also think that there are ways around a flat denial. Alternatively H made his mind up at the last minute, his staff didn't know about the policy and off he went.
Tricky.

Not all the royal reporters went on the tour so this isn't about all of them fed up over flights.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 12-06-2016, 02:50 PM
Heir Apparent

The Telegraph though is taking it that the DM story is gospel. No member of the media was there at Barbados airport to see who got on what plane. Unless Harry hired a charter plane to Toronto it's extremely odd that no fellow passenger saw him on the Toronto flight by commercial plane, no tweets, no cell phone snaps, nothing. Likewise, he must have passed through Toronto airport, a busy place, like a phantom. No photos taken there, no Tweets from anyone at all. Everybody's taking it for granted that he's shot off to see Meghan but Harry may very well be in London and has been from the beginning.
Old 12-06-2016, 02:54 PM
Aristocracy

Hmm, i think it’s kind of bad when a working royal’s personal life takes preference/gets more attention over the job. Looks like PH is kind of mixing Business with pleasure recently. kind of disappointing.
Old 12-06-2016, 03:01 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
The Telegraph is correct that royal policy has been breached. I can remember the row over Prince Andrew. Lots of people want to give Harry a pass on that - but individual royals cannot pick and choose the rules. If it was Andrew again for example, there would be no sympathy.

I agree that really KP was between a rock and a hard place re "Is Harry flying straight home?" But I also think that there are ways around a flat denial. Alternatively H made his mind up at the last minute, his staff didn't know about the policy and off he went.
Tricky.

Not all the royal reporters went on the tour so this isn't about all of them fed up over flights.
On the one hand, no, the press doesn't need to know about Harry's private activities and movements. On the other, if he has taken the requisite security personnel with him to Toronto, he's created a tricky situation for the accountants who need to sort out which costs associated with those men are paid for by the taxpayer, which ones come out of his own pocket, and whether the necessary prorating and transfers of money are handled correctly. There are very good reasons for the royals to draws a clear and hard line between personal trips and professional ones, and he seems to have just muddied the waters in a risky way.
Old 12-06-2016, 03:25 PM
Heir Apparent

It's definitely messes up the accounting. You have tickets from Barbados to London that weren't used by Harry and the RPOS that would have been paid from Government money. Add the extra security costs for the RPOS to go to Toronto and next back to London the next day. Meghan's Toronto pad doesn't have the security that a royal residence would have. So you have to get local police in Toronto to provide extra security.
Old 12-06-2016, 03:39 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
The Telegraph though is taking it that the DM story is gospel. No member of the media was there at Barbados airport to see who got on what plane. Unless Harry hired a charter plane to Toronto it's extremely odd that no fellow passenger saw him on the Toronto flight by commercial plane, no tweets, no cell phone snaps, nothing. Likewise, he must have passed through Toronto airport, a busy place, like a phantom. No photos taken there, no Tweets from anyone at all. Everybody's taking it for granted that he's shot off to see Meghan but Harry may very well be in London and has been from the beginning.
If so, KP would've said so, I think.

A.W. TOZER
Old 12-06-2016, 03:43 PM
Heir Apparent

It also would have been in the Court Circular but it wasn't
Old 12-06-2016, 03:51 PM
Heir Apparent

There were a couple of things on the tour such as Investitures that should have been listed in the CC but weren't. I prefer to see some evidence from somewhere that he was in Toronto besides a report in the DM before I make my mind up. I'm sitting on the fence here!