Prince Harry: Relationship Suggestions and Musings 2016-2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The DM as usual trying to be snide. So Meghan played with her nephew, so what? With the exception of one half-sister that the family dislike they haven't been able to find one relative saying bad things about Meghan.

People make money by writing blogs, some people make it their full time career to write a blog. These blogs aren't simply a hobby, it take a good amount of time to set one up and write one.

Many people do write a blog as a hobby. I know quite a few :flowers:

If she gets money from advertisers I dont know. She first have ads on her blog. This is not a career or financial source for her. It's not like writing a book and getting money from sales. The blog is out there free for the world to see. Just like people who write food blogs, travel blogs, blogs about pets and so on. Believing you can make a career of a blog is like those people who think they will get rich off YouTube videos. Yes some do, but for the majority it is simply going to be a hobby and creative outlet.

People make money by writing blogs, some people make it their full time career to write a blog. These blogs aren't simply a hobby, it take a good amount of time to set one up and write one.

The most important factor of setting up a blog and writing one and taking the time and energy to maintain one is the belief that they actually have something to say that is of worth passing onto someone else.

A good example of this and is mostly on the humorous side is the vlog (video blog) that is maintained by Outdoor Man, Mike Baxter (Tim Allen) in the situation comedy "Last Man Standing". A venue to get his message across and generate business for the sporting orientated business he works for.

The blog or vlog is a venue that is easily accessible to anyone, anywhere for whatever purpose that can be thought of. Its a medium that is here to stay regardless of how we would use one.

Geesh. I must really be getting on in my years as I can remember when the message board concept was the state of the art and mostly on a local hobby level. Then came actually font to font chatting then the internet took off and then.. and then...

Before I go and read a book, where do you all think Harry and Meghan will celebrate ringing in the new year? My guesstimate would be a secluded residence somewhere on the Balmoral estate. :D

Last edited:
:previous: My guess is Toronto for the New Year. I'm sure Meghan and Harry will celebrate either at a party or club there. However, I can see them having a short break somewhere warm shortly afterwards. I certainly would if I'd been enduring a cold and icy winter. Some island in the Pacific perhaps!

Blogs are huge money earners that's why the celebs have them. Same as Instagram snapchat etc. all they have to do is throw in product name or a product placement and they get the $$$

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Or... in the case of young royals, even just wear them. :)

In an Indian Jewelry store weeks before his Girlfriend goes to India and DM is right there to ruin the surprise...

How gauche of them. :rolleyes:

It could have been much worse with them reporting that Harry is having a copy made of a symbolic Buddhist necklace Kate received in Bhutan so that Meghan will fit right in with his family.

Tis the silly season for sure.

May not be brain surgery but is a major business. Do you realize how many millions are spent on decorating and hosting every year? Some people don't have a creative bone. They buy books, or go on line, for ideas. Neither woman may be Martha Stewart, but there is nothing wrong with giving advice.

The difference pippa is selling her advice. You have to pay money to have her teach you to fill ice cube trays. Meghan does it for free. Unlike pippa who has tried to make it a career, Meghan writes a blog as a hobby, outside her job. Her advice is free and out there for all.

If there is a person out there who hasn't looked at Pinterest at least once for ideas..... Blog is no different.

Yes, which i do believe is what i said. They can't be faulted for giving advice that is not new because that is what lifestyle blogs, magazines, and books all say. It's not anything that various other celebrities don't also do and none of them are being criticized for the regurgitating the same advice. Blogs and books are quite similar and both require self-promotion. I don't see that as a critique on either woman, but I also don't want to sit and pretend as if it is any different.

Yes, which i do believe is what i said. They can't be faulted for giving advice that is not new because that is what lifestyle blogs, magazines, and books all say. It's not anything that various other celebrities don't also do and none of them are being criticized for the regurgitating the same advice. Blogs and books are quite similar and both require self-promotion. I don't see that as a critique on either woman, but I also don't want to sit and pretend as if it is any different.

If you don't get the difference between getting over $250,000 advance and portion of sales for a book is different then writing a blog that is free for anyone to access :bang:

Me, if I spent twenty bucks on a book which told me to make ice in ice cube trays, I would be demanding a refund. Where if a blog gave me such into I would find a new website. Google is much cheaper and easier than refunds.

But maybe we look at money differently. If I am going to spend money, I expect tips a preschooler couldn't give me:whistling:

So because it is free it's better advice? I suppose maybe we do look at this differently. Nothing much that can be done about that.

I don't think anyone is saying it's better advise. Rather that free advise is... well, free so the quality doesn't necessarily matter. Where as the advise in a book is advise you're spending money on, so it should be of some quality.

It's self promotion which ever way you look at it.

It's self promotion which ever way you look at it.

If we're talking about Pippa here, I probably would do the same thing she's done. Its the publishers that print the books expecting to make money off of them that is the primary focus of any contract Pippa had with them. Pippa's rocket to stardom because of a bum and being the sister of a future Queen of the UK put dollar signs in publisher's eyes and wanted to milk it for what its worth. Most likely they approached her and she wasn't going from publisher to publisher to hawk how to make ice cubes.

With Meghan having the blog that she has maintained it for a while before Harry even stepped into her line of sight, I would bet there are quite a few publishers casting eyes on her blog and devising devious methods on how they can convince her to be "exclusive" to them for a grand fee. Personally, I don't see Meghan buying into it. She doesn't need to.

With Pippa, it fell into her lap and she took advantage of it. I don't blame her one bit. Tit for tat so to speak with being in the public eye.

As far as Meghan not needing it she's an actor they more than anyone need to be in peoples face

^I certainly agree on that point. I just don't understand the reason to deny it. She has a television show and a fashion line. Promotion is the name of the game. Social media is a big part of that. That blog doesn't just exist randomly. The Martha Stewart craze has been going on for quite some time. That Pippa and Meghan try their hand on it is hardly surprising. Both advise sounds reasonable, neither is novel because the topic doesn't lend itself for novelty. But of course, it always dissolves into who did it better, which is exactly what the Daily Mail wants to have happen so I suppose they've succeeded as they always seem to.

:previous: My guess is Toronto for the New Year. I'm sure Meghan and Harry will celebrate either at a party or club there. However, I can see them having a short break somewhere warm shortly afterwards. I certainly would if I'd been enduring a cold and icy winter. Some island in the Pacific perhaps!

Is her show on a break or something? Wondering how she's going to pop off to a sunny island if she's in the middle of filming?

LaRae

As far as Meghan not needing it she's an actor they more than anyone need to be in peoples face

My best friend is the ultimate Martha. She's the way she is because its her nature. The need to express and pass on creativity is a human expression and not always done because of exterior motives.

It would be like me saying that because some people post negative comments to posts, they have the need to be self righteous and in other poster's face to demean things. This is the job of the Daily Mail and a lot of people fall for it. ;)

Is her show on a break or something? Wondering how she's going to pop off to a sunny island if she's in the middle of filming?

How I see it is that there's a filming period then a promotional period and then a viewing period. Many shows that "premiere" on a network were actually filmed many months before airing. When Suits starts up again with a new season, its a down time for the cast. Their work has been done and they pursue other things.

Ok I thought she had gone back to work filming the last season of suits and that's why she was back in Canada ....at least that's what I thought I read a couple weeks ago when the story was coming out about she and Harry dating etc.

LaRae

For the past two seasons at least, Suits has filmed from April to November, with a break in the summer.

The season (with exception of the first season) runs from June/July to March/April with a break from September to mid-January.

They had their wrap party for Season 6 on November 20 so she's currently free. The season started with the first table read on April 2, so I'd anticipate a similar schedule. With that said, based on her instagram, she spent most of March flying around to do promotional work.

I was under the impression that they wrapped up filming Season 6 and won't start filming Season until March or early summer. So basically her time is her own. The split seasons always throw me off...most shows that start airing in Sept and end in May they usually start filming the summer and finish by early fall/winter.

Ok I thought she had gone back to work filming the last season of suits and that's why she was back in Canada ....at least that's what I thought I read a couple weeks ago when the story was coming out about she and Harry dating etc.

LaRae

Season 7 doesn't start filming until March. She lives in Toronto when not traveling.

Oh cool, the report I read must of been wrong (imagine that)...so she will have some free time then for when Harry isn't working.

LaRae

Suits is very similar to a lot of different series I watch via satellite. One example for me is the Hallmark channel. Shows like "The Good Witch" and "When Calls the Heart" show for a time then you get months of previews and trailers for the upcoming season that may be almost a year before a new episode airs.

With being an avid sucker for the Hallmark season of continuous "feel good" holiday movies, I've also noticed that key characters that play in series I follow also seem to be on constant contract with the Hallmark channel to star in various roles for these movies over the years. Its like finding a list of characters and their actors/actresses that a producer named Norman Lear created and contracted.

We do not know what Meghan's contract involves. Part of it probably is making appearances to promote Suits and who knows what else.

Dang. And to think there was such a beast as gathering around the TV set because "Uncle Miltie" was coming on and it was a live broadcast. :D

Last edited:
Prince Harry: Relationship Suggestions and Musings 2016

Osipi And some people see what they want to see.

I watch several shows that do that split season thing.

2 weeks left until Grimm is back!!!!

LaRae

And I can't wait until When Calls the Heart comes back..

I believe most contracts include promotional work for everything. Haven't you noticed that before a season/movie comes out...all of a sudden the actor is appearing on magazine covers or articles in magazines, on chat shows to talk about the season and what fans should expect. They even have premiere parties and actors tweet while the show is on...participate in podcasts, etc.

You don't just film a show and hope people watch it. You are out there promoting your show. A lot of television actors use their hiatus to either make television movies [the Hallmark Christmas movies typically film in the summer] or a studio movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom