The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #1641  
Old 12-03-2016, 02:44 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: central valley, United States
Posts: 829
Reminds me of the photos of Catherine pushing a shopping cart (trolley in UK speak?) years ago.
I have a job that occasionally lands my name in the local news - I'll never forget the time I was in a grocery store and some stranger started following me around yelling out my name and my job while pointing at me. I abandoned my half full shopping cart & split, I can only imagine what it's like to be constantly hunted as the Wale's brothers' girlfriends have been. IMO the press pack are despicable.
__________________

__________________
  #1642  
Old 12-03-2016, 03:42 PM
Skippyboo's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Atlanta, United States
Posts: 4,108
That's a paparazzi picture not really the royal press pack which are royal correspondents and royal photographers like Chris Jackson who some are covering Harry's tour.
__________________

__________________
  #1643  
Old 12-03-2016, 03:57 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 750
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
That's a paparazzi picture not really the royal press pack which are royal correspondents and royal photographers like Chris Jackson who some are covering Harry's tour.
Not only is that a paparazzo picture; it is an example of harassment, taken without the victim's consent and published without regard for previous palace privacy pleas! I am pleased to report that it was not published in our local Toronto papers, clearly the great British press and public are more interested in this person than we are here in her privacy.
__________________
  #1644  
Old 12-03-2016, 04:00 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: central valley, United States
Posts: 829
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
That's a paparazzi picture not really the royal press pack which are royal correspondents and royal photographers like Chris Jackson who some are covering Harry's tour.
I probably used the wrong words & agree it's either a papped shot or a fellow shopper who snapped the pix then sold them for $$. Either way I dislike the portion of the so called press that creates/profits from intrusive shots like these.
__________________
  #1645  
Old 12-03-2016, 04:20 PM
Skippyboo's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Atlanta, United States
Posts: 4,108
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerry View Post
Not only is that a paparazzo picture; it is an example of harassment, taken without the victim's consent and published without regard for previous palace privacy pleas! I am pleased to report that it was not published in our local Toronto papers, clearly the great British press and public are more interested in this person than we are here in her privacy.

She is in a public space and a public figure just from her acting career. Not really harassment. The person in Toronto who took the photos doesn't care a fig what the palace has to say. The statement which confirmed their relationship just increased the markets and the price for those photos.
__________________
  #1646  
Old 12-03-2016, 05:15 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Somewhere in, United Kingdom
Posts: 465
I'm pretty sure, that she's expecting to be papped at public places, she is dating Prince Harry after all. It's not nice, but if they keep a safe distance, nothing she can do about it.
__________________
  #1647  
Old 12-03-2016, 11:49 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 2,554
Quote:
Originally Posted by sndral View Post
Reminds me of the photos of Catherine pushing a shopping cart (trolley in UK speak?) years ago.

I have a job that occasionally lands my name in the local news - I'll never forget the time I was in a grocery store and some stranger started following me around yelling out my name and my job while pointing at me. I abandoned my half full shopping cart & split, I can only imagine what it's like to be constantly hunted as the Wale's brothers' girlfriends have been. IMO the press pack are despicable.

But we are discussing what's in her trolley ! Why ?


Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
__________________
  #1648  
Old 12-04-2016, 04:00 AM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: *******, Canada
Posts: 6,001
Quote:
They are already startlingly alike in looks – but now Prince Harry’s girlfriend Meghan Markle and Royal sister-in-law Pippa Middleton are starting to sound alike too.

The actress moonlights as a blogger and offers ‘mantras’ of a type not seen since Miss Middleton recommended putting water in the freezer to make ice.

Miss Markle breathlessly describes her lifestyle website The Tig, named after her favourite wine, as a ‘breeding ground for ideas and excitement for an inspired lifestyle’.
Read more: Prince Harry's girlfriend Meghan Markle's slogans are as obvious as Pippa Middleton's | Daily Mail Online
__________________
  #1649  
Old 12-04-2016, 04:12 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: st. paul, United States
Posts: 1,402
The Fail has a lot of gall critiquing anyone's writing quality. In writing an article bashing the pot, the kettle has shown zero self-awareness.
__________________
  #1650  
Old 12-04-2016, 04:30 AM
Dee Anna's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Here, Ireland
Posts: 599
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
All I know is I wouldn't want to be in Meghan's shoes right now. How horrible it must be to know that tabs are being kept of every little move you make, every little thing you buy and gremlins are lurking in the shadows anxiously watching to see what you're going to do next and where you're going to go and who you're going to see and heavens forbid should you have to sneeze or cut the cheese as it'll be major news around the world in an instant.

Sounds like a recipe for high stress living to me.
You and me both!

Hopefully her already public persona will provide a bit of personal armour against the gaping masses!
__________________
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken ..... Oscar Wilde
  #1651  
Old 12-04-2016, 05:19 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: st. paul, United States
Posts: 1,402
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
All I know is I wouldn't want to be in Meghan's shoes right now. How horrible it must be to know that tabs are being kept of every little move you make, every little thing you buy and gremlins are lurking in the shadows anxiously watching to see what you're going to do next and where you're going to go and who you're going to see and heavens forbid should you have to sneeze or cut the cheese as it'll be major news around the world in an instant.

Sounds like a recipe for high stress living to me.
On one hand it's a shame she's having to live in a state of hyper awareness and possibly paranoia. On the other hand, it's good she's getting a taste of what the fishbowl life is like. This way she can make an educated choice on whether she can handle a future with Harry. It would be much worse if she was treated with kid gloves during their courtship, then was suddenly thrown to the media wolves after joining the BRF. That might be a recipe for a very short-lived marriage.

This is trial by fire, and if she can't stand the heat she'll get out of the kitchen. Add a few extra clichés.
__________________
  #1652  
Old 12-04-2016, 11:48 AM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: *******, Canada
Posts: 6,001
Quote:
Actress Meghan Markle is reportedly willing to do whatever it takes to make her relationship with Prince Harry work.


The Suits star (35) has been dating the 32-year-old royal for six months and while the long distance has been a strain, they're keen to make it work.

Markle films in Canada for the hit US legal drama and Harry is at the end of a two-week tour of the Caribbean. With the festive season in full swing, the actress will reportedly spend Christmas with her family in Los Angeles and fly to London after.

She is said to be "head over heels" for her new beau and is willing to drop her schedule in order to make it work.
Read more: 'It's been a fairytale' - Meghan Markle 'wants a future' with boyfriend Prince Harry - Independent.ie
__________________
  #1653  
Old 12-04-2016, 12:45 PM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 13,466
The tabs are desperate for some sightings and news on this relationship.
__________________
"WE CANNOT PRAY IN LOVE AND LIVE IN HATE AND STILL THINK WE ARE WORSHIPING GOD."

A.W. TOZER
  #1654  
Old 12-04-2016, 05:09 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 2,554
We'll she does give it to them if you see her last Instagram. If she really didn't want attention she would be off social media or at least not posting photos that will bring out the trolls.
So I think all the attention isn't worrying her


Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
__________________
  #1655  
Old 12-04-2016, 05:17 PM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 13,466
Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
We'll she does give it to them if you see her last Instagram. If she really didn't want attention she would be off social media or at least not posting photos that will bring out the trolls.
So I think all the attention isn't worrying her


Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
I don't think the attention is bad until it's abusive. She has a social media life established before the relationship. She can't just shut it down. Her professional life requires her to be on social media.

The media should leave her alone. Just don't overstep the mark with her.
__________________
"WE CANNOT PRAY IN LOVE AND LIVE IN HATE AND STILL THINK WE ARE WORSHIPING GOD."

A.W. TOZER
  #1656  
Old 12-04-2016, 05:25 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 2,554
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
I don't think the attention is bad until it's abusive. She has a social media life established before the relationship. She can't just shut it down. Her professional life requires her to be on social media.

No it doesn't plenty of actors aren't on social media. She doesn't need to post photos that will bring headlines because of their content. She's playing games with the media.


Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
__________________
  #1657  
Old 12-04-2016, 05:39 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 2,554
Prince Harry: Relationship Suggestions and Musings 2016

My last say about it for the day. Some of her "fans" on insta are posting pretty nasty things about Kate might be a good idea for her to block them.


Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
__________________
  #1658  
Old 12-04-2016, 06:03 PM
Osipi's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 9,676
Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
No it doesn't plenty of actors aren't on social media. She doesn't need to post photos that will bring headlines because of their content. She's playing games with the media.


Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Lets face it. The only way Meghan is going to be absolutely able to avoid the media and headlines and the gazillion of gawkers that follow her on social media since the news broke that she is dating Harry is to lock herself away in a convent in a remote rural village somewhere in France and preferably an order that doesn't allow contact with the outside world.

I'm sure she could find herself a nice nun habit in wardrobe.

I think if and when there is PR that is needed, I'm assuming that Meghan has an agent for that. The social media sites are her personal ones.
__________________
“In my walks, every man I meet is my superior in some way, and in that I learn from him.”
~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
  #1659  
Old 12-04-2016, 06:38 PM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 13,466
Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
No it doesn't plenty of actors aren't on social media. She doesn't need to post photos that will bring headlines because of their content. She's playing games with the media.


Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Younger actors are on social media. She have a group of fans out there and she interact with her fans through her social media.

Remember, she already have a media profile before it was officially known that she's in a relationship with Harry. No one should be wanting her to now shut her life down because she's dating him. She have her life to live and people shouldn't have a problem with it. This is her life.

I would suggest people stop following her on social media just because she's dating Harry. If you're a fan of her work as an actress and admire her philanthropy work, that's all different.
__________________
"WE CANNOT PRAY IN LOVE AND LIVE IN HATE AND STILL THINK WE ARE WORSHIPING GOD."

A.W. TOZER
  #1660  
Old 12-04-2016, 07:26 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Woodbridge, United States
Posts: 375
Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
No it doesn't plenty of actors aren't on social media. She doesn't need to post photos that will bring headlines because of their content. She's playing games with the media.


Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Other than the bannana the stuff she posts is what she always posts. Even the dog picture, if you look back in 2015 you will find the same union jack dog jumper. She has yet to say one word publically about Harry and I'm sure Harry is ok with her social media presence afterall this tour has relied heavily on social media even more than before. Maybe its the Meghan effect on their social media presence.
__________________

__________________
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 19 (1 members and 18 guests)
ACO
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Popular Tags
austria birthday carl gustaf chris o'neill crown princess mary crown princess victoria current events denmark duchess of cambridge eveningwear earl of snowdon family french general news gloucester hereditary grand duchess stéphanie hereditary grand duke guillaume infanta cristina infanta leonor infanta margarita infanta sofia italy iñaki urdangarín juan urdangarín king felipe king felipe vi king philippe king willem-alexander letizia liechtenstein monarchy morgan news nobel 2017 prince alexander prince carl philip prince daniel prince felix prince gabriel prince harry prince liam prince nicholas prince oscar prince sebastian princess beatrice princess claire of luxembourg princess estelle princess leonore princess madeleine princess mary casual style princess mary current events princess of asturias princess sofia princess sofia eveningwear princess victoria queen elizabeth ii queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen mathilde queen mathildes hats queen maxima queen silvia state visit stephanie sweden swedish royal family the duchess of cambridge fashion vatican victoria



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:08 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017
Jelsoft Enterprises