The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-26-2016, 10:56 PM
Heir Apparent

I wonder whether we can believe THIS article. Still, it does have a couple of nice photos from the tour.

Antigua PM hits back at claims he embarrassed Prince Harry with beauty queen photo shoot* | Daily Mail Online

Old 11-27-2016, 12:09 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
I wonder whether we can believe THIS article. Still, it does have a couple of nice photos from the tour.

Antigua PM hits back at claims he embarrassed Prince Harry with beauty queen photo shoot* | Daily Mail Online
While I do think it was an awkward foot in mouth moment, I don't think there was any kind of serious harm intended or came anywhere close to trying to embarrass Harry. The new romance had gone viral right before the tour started and when it did, Meghan was the invisible elephant on the island and like everyone else that doesn't live under a rock, the PM knew about it and was trying to be lighthearted about it.

Do I think he needs to apologize? No.

Old 11-27-2016, 01:03 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
While I do think it was an awkward foot in mouth moment, I don't think there was any kind of serious harm intended or came anywhere close to trying to embarrass Harry. The new romance had gone viral right before the tour started and when it did, Meghan was the invisible elephant on the island and like everyone else that doesn't live under a rock, the PM knew about it and was trying to be lighthearted about it.

Do I think he needs to apologize? No.
I think Harry has moved on. It was tactless though.
Old 11-27-2016, 01:52 AM
Nobility

Quote:

DM aren't even trying to be sneaky with that last little paragraph.
Quote:
Meanwhile, it was suggested yesterday that Prince William is dismayed at Harry’s decision to confirm publicly his romance with Miss Markle as he believes this will only serve to fuel speculation.
Didn't KP just release a statement, that William supports Harry completely about the statement? How fitting that DM chose not to mention that part.
Old 11-27-2016, 08:08 AM
Heir Apparent

Harry is due back from his tour on December the 4th. Meghan's new film, a British thriller, is being given a British release on Monday 5th. I'm not sure whether 'release' means a full-blown premiere. I wouldn't think so for such a minor film, but Meghan may well be in London promoting it in that week. Paps and photographers' field day if she is.

Meghan Markle's movie set for release
Old 11-27-2016, 08:46 AM
Courtier

Quote:
I thought the whole incident was kind of cute. It certainly made the day for one woman. I don't think Harry was lying either when he said "Love you!" to someone else. Harry is just naturally the kind of person that has a deep love and respect for other people that he just happens to share the planet with. People matter to him which shows in how important it is to him to make a difference in this world.

There is also a big difference between being loving and being in love.
Absolute!

Harry was being his own self! I don't doubt he loves many people and several of them he will never see again, such is the job (as apposed to "role") he has.

That having Meghan in his life makes that all the easier is great!

Unlike William who got together with a girl he knew briefly as school age teenagers and then in collage, Harry has had a few girlfriends. This could very possibly be the last!
Old 11-27-2016, 10:11 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Harry is due back from his tour on December the 4th. Meghan's new film, a British thriller, is being given a British release on Monday 5th. I'm not sure whether 'release' means a full-blown premiere. I wouldn't think so for such a minor film, but Meghan may well be in London promoting it in that week. Paps and photographers' field day if she is.

Meghan Markle's movie set for release

Seriously doubt she will be promoting.....like everything else they are just trying to piggy back on her newfound notoriety.
Old 11-27-2016, 02:35 PM
Majesty

Prince William in support of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle
Old 11-27-2016, 02:59 PM
Nobility

So how many KP endorsements do they have to release so that people get the picture that the letter was approved by all involved. This relationship for whatever faults they may have is pretty legit and KP has not walked away from it.
Old 11-27-2016, 05:05 PM
Majesty

Meghan Markle enjoys cocktails with Quantico star Priyanka Chopra while Prince Harry tours the Caribbean* | Daily Mail Online
Old 11-27-2016, 06:13 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
I thought the whole incident was kind of cute. It certainly made the day for one woman. I don't think Harry was lying either when he said "Love you!" to someone else. Harry is just naturally the kind of person that has a deep love and respect for other people that he just happens to share the planet with. People matter to him which shows in how important it is to him to make a difference in this world.

There is also a big difference between being loving and being in love.
As usual, I agree with Osipi. I don't often like comparing royals with celebrities but it's a bit like when celebrities say they love their fans. They're not lying, because most of them genuinely appreciate their fans and love them for their support, but they don't mean that as a romantic kind of love. Harry seems to be, as I said in a post in his tour thread, a "people person" and has a natural compassion and consideration for others. It was a sweet gesture of him but for now, I don't believe that Meghan has much competition, as the article says.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 11-27-2016, 10:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

Well Meghan's last couple of instagrams make it clear LA is home and she loves it.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 11-28-2016, 12:30 AM
Nobility

Good for her for loving to be at home and loving to be with family.
Old 11-28-2016, 04:43 AM
Heir Apparent

Yes, the place where you were born and grew up will always have a special place in the heart, I think. I have seen a video though, in which Meghan shows some of her favourite parts of Toronto, and she has praised Toronto's casual lifestyle. She also loves Italy and Greece, so maybe she's happy in a few places!
Old 11-28-2016, 10:33 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
Well Meghan's last couple of instagrams make it clear LA is home and she loves it.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Then she is just like me. Most Americans went home this weekend and more than likely posted about being in their hometown.
Old 11-30-2016, 06:55 AM
Majesty

Prince Harry's girlfriend*Meghan Markle in new trailer for Anti-Social: Special Edition | Daily Mail Online
Old 11-30-2016, 06:17 PM
Nobility

Prince harry ditches royal family holiday tradition to be with girlfriend meghan

Prince Harry Ditches Royal Family Holiday Tradition to Be With Girlfriend Meghan Markle in the U.S. (EXCLUSIVE) - In Touch Weekly

Ya'll could this be true? It totally sounds like Harry. Unless this all happened before he took for his tour.

If Kate had to wait, then so should Meghan.
Old 11-30-2016, 06:34 PM
Majesty

I would surmise that this article is just based on rumor as Harry is still in the Caribbean and isn't going around announcing his holiday plans.

If I'm not mistaken, William spent holidays with the Middletons before marriage and Harry doing the same will be no different. Just a few more miles to travel to be with Meghan's family in the US. If true, I don't think the Windsors would see it as a huge breach of family tradition but rather smile, let out a sigh and maybe mutter "ahhh.... our boy has found someone".
Old 11-30-2016, 06:43 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
I would surmise that this article is just based on rumor as Harry is still in the Caribbean and isn't going around announcing his holiday plans.

If I'm not mistaken, William spent holidays with the Middletons before marriage and Harry doing the same will be no different. Just a few more miles to travel to be with Meghan's family in the US. If true, I don't think the Windsors would see it as a huge breach of family tradition but rather smile, let out a sigh and maybe mutter "ahhh.... our boy has found someone".
I don't recall William ever spending Christmas with the Middletons prior to marriage. Could you give a year? Maybe a couple New Years, but Christmas, I have big doubts.
Old 11-30-2016, 06:49 PM
Majesty

I don't have any specific dates or times but seem to recall that he did go home for the holidays at the Middletons. May not have been the actual Christmas Eve and Christmas Day festivities though. I just don't think it'd be unusual if Harry skipped Sandringham for California.