Prince Harry: Relationship Suggestions and Musings 2016-2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry but I cant agree I'm sure there will be no end of who did more who looked better etc etc

Then again these two women may get along as best friends, enjoy each other and even work in tandem on certain appeals as it would be likely that if Meghan marries Harry, she'll also have a part in the Royal Foundation. Both ladies seem to be comfortable enough in their own skins to shrug off any differences.

My opinion anyways.

I don't think the British people know Meghans full potential yet.If she and Harry married I honestly think they would outshine both William and Catherine...Kate doesn't like to be Outshined/Outshone so that could be bad for Meghan even though it wouldn't be her fault.I just think Meghan is more natural than the Duchess...

^I think if Meghan marries Harry she'll overshadow Kate anyway, she has a lot more charisma and personality than Kate. And comparisons will be inevitable

I think this is a potentially a big issue. The Queen like most people is a product of her environment and may have very deep-rooted views on blacks or non-whites entering the royal family.

Many people say they are OK or are "fine" with interracial marriages. However when it happens to their family things change.?

Once again the Queen had a set of grandparents in an interracial relationship and it's in her DNA as well...It's not the first Royal interracial relationship...No way would Harry and Meghan be dating going on 8 months and the Queen and DofE don't know about it...I can only assume that Harry speaks to his grandparents like every other grandchild does...And you can bet his father knows and if Charles knows Camilla knows and Camilla ran and told the Queen...There is just no possible way at all that the family isn't aware...

What I think is kind of weird is that Meghan is a Model/Actress in real life and a Paralegal on tv...And the exes were Cressida (wannabe) Actress/Model and Chelsy Model/Lawyer...Harry and his serious relationships all have that in common...It is weird.I know this is random but just wanted to point it out.

I think this is a potentially a big issue. The Queen like most people is a product of her environment and may have very deep-rooted views on blacks or non-whites entering the royal family.

Many people say they are OK or are "fine" with interracial marriages. However when it happens to their family things change.?

The Queen is the head of a multi racial Commonwealth, with many countries from Africa, India and Asia and the West Indies in its ranks. I don't think she is racially prejudiced at all. She has got on exceptionally well on a personal level with several leaders from African countries. There are members of the extended BRF who have already married or are dating non-white people.

Once again the Queen had a set of grandparents in an interracial relationship and it's in her DNA as well...It's not the first Royal interracial relationship...No way would Harry and Meghan be dating going on 8 months and the Queen and DofE don't know about it...I can only assume that Harry speaks to his grandparents like every other grandchild does...And you can bet his father knows and if Charles knows Camilla knows and Camilla ran and told the Queen...There is just no possible way at all that the family isn't aware...

What? Where are you getting that from?

The Queen's grandparents were George V, Queen Mary, Claud Bowes-Lyon, and Cecilia Bowes-Lyon, née Cavendish-Bentinck... all very white.

Below is a link to a picture of the Queen, her parents, and all 4 of her grandparents.

http://66.media.tumblr.com/fb4e6290364c7d31db41af2dbdf9c0cd/tumblr_na61ciPYaE1qg0umko1_1280.jpg

Don't forget she won't ever ever be allowed to outshine Kate when doing her duties there will be a lot of walking the line. Kate is going to be Queen and will and must come first.
Just the way it is that's why I hope there is no rushing to the church

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

That may be out of anyone's control. Meghan is American and bi-racial. Everybody going to want to see her at every royal event because of those differences. Just watch! She will become has popular as Princess Diana. And the US is Meghan's birth place. Kate won't be able to compete with that should Harry decide to marry her.

Wasn't there some theory put about that King George III's wife Queen Charlotte may have had an African ancestor? William and Harry apparently had an ancestor a dozen generations back in the Work family line that may have been Indian, was housekeeper to a Scottish merchant in the days of the East India Company and had children by him. That's all the bi-racial history I can think of, re the BRF, but who knows there may be more!

Last edited:
Thanks Ish thought I was losing my mind when I read that post phew !

Well who were they? I would be interested to know

The ones Curryong pointed out.King George lll and Queen Charlotte (African Portuguese) That is an interracial relationship.I could have SWORN the Queen admitted this a decade ago.I know she has mentioned it before...

What's all this talk about Kate competing with Meghan. They aren't silly girls in high school

It would be very unlikely for Harry to marry someone who doesn't mesh well with the Cambridges, or someone who is immature enough to make things into a competition.

LaRae

What's all this talk about Kate competing with Meghan. They aren't silly girls in high school

It would be very unlikely for Harry to marry someone who doesn't mesh well with the Cambridges, or someone who is immature enough to make things into a competition.

LaRae

I completely agree. I have no reason to think why Meghan and Kate wouldn't get along well. Both seem like kind, caring, SANE, well adjusted women. They might even become good friends. Women tend to do that more often than not, actually.

The ones Curryong pointed out.King George lll and Queen Charlotte (African Portuguese) That is an interracial relationship.I could have SWORN the Queen admitted this a decade ago.I know she has mentioned it before...

Hadley the biracial grandparent. Charlotte was the queen's four time great grandmother. And even in Charlotte the African blood is remote. Her seven time great grandmother Maria is the source of speculation. Maria Castro is said to be a descendent of Alfonso III and his mistress, a mistress that was reported to be a moor. That is fifteen generations removed from Charlotte, and a further duc from the queen. I wouldn't call 21 generations separated, having a biracial grandparent.

Last edited:
I don't think that Kate and Meghan would make it into a competition or that other members of the BRF would. The media ... Yes, I think they have been dying for something like this since Sarah and Diana left the royal family.

If Anne were more interested in fashions and Sophie Wessex more prominent the media would have been printing stories about their rivalry for the past 15 years, lol.

However, two sisters in law, about the same age, fashionable, undertaking lots of engagements, photos, lots of material there. I bet there are some tabloid editors, columnists, rubbing their hands in glee at the prospect!

Hadley the biracial grandparent. Charlotte was the queen's four time great grandmother. And the reported African relative was charlottes seven times great grandmother, that is eleven generations removed from the queen.

Queen Charlotte was the Queens 3rd grandmother and was physically depicted as a light skinned woman...I was comparing it as an interracial marriage because Meghan is light skinned and Harry is plain Vanilla...It's the same circumstance...I was saying it's not the first time there has been a relationship like theirs...

I don't think that Kate and Meghan would make it into a competition or that other members of the BRF would. The media ... Yes, I think they have been dying for something like this since Sarah and Diana left the royal family.

If Anne were more interested in fashions and Sophie Wessex more prominent the media would have been printing stories about their rivalry for the past 15 years, lol.

However, two sisters in law, about the same age, fashionable, undertaking lots of engagements, photos, lots of material there. I bet there are some tabloid editors, columnists, rubbing their hands in glee at the prospect!

We know the media will do this, no way around that. They compare Kate to Diana already etc etc. Camilla was compared to Diana, Sohpie and Fergie were compared to Diana.

Harry's wife, no matter who she is, is going to be compared to Diana and Kate (and vice versa).

Another poster here is who raised the issue that Kate is going to have a problem with Meghan (scroll up on this page) and be in competition with her. Which is just silly talk IMO.

LaRae

Okay...time to move on...... we know that Meghan is biracial. It's not a big secret and since its 2016 not 1787 and it doesn't matter to Harry...it need not matter to us.

Any and all additional posts will be deleted without notice.

Could Harry and Meghan be on their Holiday already? I know he has to be back by the 19th but I hope they still got to go...Or was that a rumor?

For sure it will happen I'm surprised we haven't had any of it yet.
..Meghan copies Kate's hair "etc

For sure it will happen I'm surprised we haven't had any of it yet.
..Meghan copies Kate's hair "etc

Along with endless wardrobe comparisons!!!:whistling:

We know the media will do this, no way around that. They compare Kate to Diana already etc etc. Camilla was compared to Diana, Sohpie and Fergie were compared to Diana.

Harry's wife, no matter who she is, is going to be compared to Diana and Kate (and vice versa).

Another poster here is who raised the issue that Kate is going to have a problem with Meghan (scroll up on this page) and be in competition with her. Which is just silly talk IMO.

LaRae

I agree. Whoever Harry marries is going to face comparisons to Diana, Kate, likely all of Harry's ex-girlfriends but especially Chelsy, Sarah, the Queen... It doesn't necessarily mean there'll be conflicts between her and Kate, though. The clashes between Diana, Sarah, and Anne were more owing to their different personalities than to anything caused by the media. As Harry and William are fairly close, it's reasonable to think that Kate will get along with any future wife of Harry's.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry but I cant agree I'm sure there will be no end of who did more who looked better etc etc

The point I was making was that it didn't matter that Diana & Sarah were compared, whoever won that weeks tabloid stakes was inconsequential. The problem was when either Diana or Sarah overshadowed or stepped on toes of HM, Philip, and Charles. That is when the royal daughter-in-law starts to become bigger than the monarchy, and problems arise.

Catherine has done a pretty good job of not overshadowing HM, Philip and Charles. It helps she's a part-time royal and a bit of an introvert. During HM's reign Meghan would likely be a part-timer, too, So it will be hard to overshadow the main 3 unless she's prone to saying controversial things.

During Charles' reign things will shift. The big 3 will be Charles, Camilla, and William. Both Catherine and Meghan will struggle to stay in the background of those 3, Meghan especially because she seems to be a social butterfly. The tabloid press can compare Meghan and Catherine all they want, like Diana and Sarah it's inconsequential. The problem will be if Meghan is seen as trying to elevate herself above Charles, Camilla, and William.

When the big 3 is William, Catherine , and George. This is the only time Meghan and Catherine comparisons might rock the boat , but Meghan would likely be a middle-age Duchess then, and the media would have lost most interest in her. So I don't see a problem there.

That's what I was trying to explain before.

Last edited:
Reactions: hel
The royals never really worry about overshadowing each other. They all have jobs to do.

I think it is more a problem of the "fans" and royal watchers supporting one royal or another that want this competitions... so, if Meghan will join the british royal family one day, she is going to be subjected to this comparisons as all the members have been so far...

The point I was making was that it didn't matter that Diana & Sarah were compared, whoever won that weeks tabloid stakes was inconsequential. The problem was when either Diana or Sarah overshadowed or stepped on toes of HM, Philip, and Charles. That is when the royal daughter-in-law starts to become bigger than the monarchy, and problems arise.

Catherine has done a pretty good job of not overshadowing HM, Philip and Charles. It helps she's a part-time royal and a bit of an introvert. During HM's reign Meghan would likely be a part-timer, too, So it will be hard to overshadow the main 3 unless she's prone to saying controversial things.

During Charles' reign things will shift. The big 3 will be Charles, Camilla, and William. Both Catherine and Meghan will struggle to stay in the background of those 3, Meghan especially because she seems to be a social butterfly. The tabloid press can compare Meghan and Catherine all they want, like Diana and Sarah it's inconsequential. The problem will be if Meghan is seen as trying to elevate herself above Charles, Camilla, and William.

When the big 3 is William, Catherine , and George. This is the only time Meghan and Catherine comparisons might rock the boat , but Meghan would likely be a middle-age Duchess then, and the media would have lost most interest in her. So I don't see a problem there.

That's what I was trying to explain before.

That assume that the media will care about Meghan and that the public will connect with her.
Its also possible that only the daily mail tries to make these comparison.

I completely agree. I have no reason to think why Meghan and Kate wouldn't get along well. Both seem like kind, caring, SANE, well adjusted women. They might even become good friends. Women tend to do that more often than not, actually.

No one is saying that they will not get along, just I said there will be inevitable comparisons, I've seen several comments on the web comparing the two, imagine after the wedding.

As I've just woken up and have only had two sips of coffee, I had to check twice while reading through the posts here and make sure I wasn't at a Daily Mail meeting of royal reporters deciding on how to handle things that haven't even a glimmer of possibility of becoming a reality yet.

All I will say is that from what I know of *now*, should Meghan marry into the BRF and William and Kate continue to work together as a unified team with Harry on their Foundation and different causes, it would be a probable reality that Harry and Meghan would be a unified team and work with William and Kate as a unified team. Instead of the three musketeers, it'd be the four musketeers.

As far upstaging and overshadowing anybody, I don't see any of those people as being the "me" type that has those kind of activities in their makeup. Not intentionally. All for one and one for all describes it best for me.

The Daily Mail and outsiders will do as trolls do and invent things that aren't there. Such is life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom