Prince Harry: Relationship Suggestions and Musings 2016-2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Never heard of this lady before she became liked to the Prince. She´s pretty (well,that´s what some might call her at least...) and she performs in some sort of dubious soap (sorry, series) that will be forgotten in a few years time, like many girls without any real talents do. If this is what some people call "working" I wished she wouldn´t work at all...
Still I hope Harry or she herself come to their senses, have a nice little affair and end it in a couple of months!

Last edited:
I'd say an actress is a pretty good background for a royal wife. Already used to the publicity to certain extent. Already used to the 'red carpet' side of the royal life. Already used to PR. That's a hge part of the public royal life, and actresses already are used to it.

And on a side note, soap actors are some of the hardest working people in the industry.

So actors and actresses who appear in Drama series on cable networks aren't actors and actresses? Perhaps you should argue that out with the producers of those shows! Acting is a profession in which there is a 95% unemployment rate at any one time. Would you characterise Cressida Bonas (another ex of Harry's) as an actress? After all, she's appeared on the London stage in a few productions. An actress? Or are only people who appear in prestigious productions 'true' actors and actresses.

Meghan has made her living from film and TV roles since the early 2000's. She's appeared in small parts in eleven films. She's also had roles in TV films and other shows. Not an actress, then, remembering the huge unemployment rate in the profession?

There are huge differences between Meghan and Princess Sofia. Without going into excruciating details, Sofia was a nude model for men's magazines as a teenager. She was a Miss Slitz in Sweden. She appeared in an extremely tacky reality show in which she kissed another woman. She, again without going into detail, led a very colourful private life during this time.

Slight differences? Can you point me to any nude modelling for men's magazines that Meghan has done? Any reality show work in which she showed herself off, to put it politely!

Charles is heir to the throne. He is a divorcee and he is married to one and he was a cheat!

Now, what makes him acceptable and his divorce and that of his current wife a non issue?

It's non issue for them but it's an issue for Harry and Meghan if they want to marry? Oh! That makes a lot of sense!! It's hogwash is what it it is!!

It's an issue to some simply because it's Meghan.

Because Charles is an Heir to the throne and Camilla comes from one of the oldest British aristocratic families, they can can away with a lot just by the virtue of their birth
Megan is a divorced soap opera American actress - British taxpayers should not have to support her

I dont find her suitable at all. Not because she is a commoner or something, not at all! But I just cannot think of a soap star in a tacky series as a british royal duchess! Reminds me much too much of a certain Sophia Hellqvist....

But there's already an actress in the family (Lady Frederick Windsor) and let's not forget that Mike Tindall has been on a few reality shows. So it's kind of hard to argue that Meghan is unsuitable because of her profession.

Meghan may not be an Oscar nominated actress, but she is an actress. Not every actor will get an Oscar, or achieve worldwide fame. And don't knock soaps, many actors have launched their careers there (Julianne Moore, Morgan Freeman, Brad Pitt, Meg Ryan, Leonardo DiCaprio, Ricky Martin, Sigourney Weaver).

Because Charles is an Heir to the throne and Camilla comes from one of the oldest British aristocratic families, they can can away with a lot just by the virtue of their birth
Megan is a divorced soap opera American actress - British taxpayers should not have to support her

I would agree with you if it was up to the British taxpayer to determine who Harry marries and would actually be the sole support of her life with Harry. Seeing as neither of those are applicable in this case, it doesn't ring true with me.

Meghan could be a fortune teller with a traveling circus going from town to town and if Harry deems that is good enough for him and its who he wants, that's good enough for me. :D

British tax payers are not one unified group with an unified opinion, we have nor should we we have any say in who Harry should marry.

I would agree with you if it was up to the British taxpayer to determine who Harry marries and would actually be the sole support of her life with Harry. Seeing as neither of those are applicable in this case, it doesn't ring true with me.

Meghan could be a fortune teller with a traveling circus going from town to town and if Harry deems that is good enough for him and its who he wants, that's good enough for me. :D

yes, but why have the Royal Family then, if it's a just a half Royal half common. In a few generations, it will be just another common family - if they want to stay Royal, then they have to have Royal blood, and it's getting thinner every time they bring a commoner into it. They can't have it both ways, either they are Royal or at least noble/aristocratic or they are not. British women should not have to curtsy to Meghan Markle ( an American ) , that's just ridiculous.

Last edited:
So actors and actresses who appear in Drama series on cable networks aren't actors and actresses? Perhaps you should argue that out with the producers of those shows! Acting is a profession in which there is a 95% unemployment rate at any one time. Would you characterise Cressida Bonas (another ex of Harry's) as an actress? After all, she's appeared on the London stage in a few productions. An actress? Or are only people who appear in prestigious productions 'true' actors and actresses.

Meghan has made her living from film and TV roles since the early 2000's. She's appeared in small parts in eleven films. She's also had roles in TV films and other shows. Not an actress, then, remembering the huge unemployment rate in the profession?

There are huge differences between Meghan and Princess Sofia. Without going into excruciating details, Sofia was a nude model for men's magazines as a teenager. She was a Miss Slitz in Sweden. She appeared in an extremely tacky reality show in which she kissed another woman. She, again without going into detail, led a very colourful private life during this time.

Slight differences? Can you point me to any nude modelling for men's magazines that Meghan has done? Any reality show work in which she showed herself off, to put it politely!

I know nothing about Bonas except she was said to be Harry´s girlfriend for a while - so I do not know what she did or if she was an actress or not. To tell you the truth I don´t care.

No, by just standing on stage in a prestigious production without talent does not make an actor/ actress. But being appointed to a prestigious show or piece makes it pretty probable being talented cause otherwise you won´t have chances to be chosen to do the job.
But I´m not here on this board argueing about the profession of actors or wannabes....

I am not debating the points any longer!!

Harry is going to EXACTLY what he wants to do! And we all know it!! And he should! He doesn't care what you or anyone else thinks!

That KP statement he had released made that point clear to the British public.

If Harry decides to marry Meghan, there is not one thing you or anyone else can do about it!

At this point, its time for this thread to calm down. Surely we can have a civil discussion without the ALL CAPs and the constant exclamation points.

If that is not possible, than we will have to do what is necessary so that it is possible to have a civil discussion.

I couldn't care less if he marries her or not but issues, such as what the state if this marriage will be in the eyes of the Church of England, do matter as the British Monarchy, to which Harry belongs, has a significant link to it. I've got to laugh at the irony of people insisting that monarchies should be all modern in this day and age. The very idea of a family that is taxpayer funded and unelected is technically ridiculous but if we're going to have this old fashioned notion then we can't expect it to go hand in hand with modern ways of thinking. People who want to retain royal families simply don't want to have seen their princesses simulating sex scenes and being divorced etc. I have nothing against Meghan or Sophia of Sweden, as another example, but as I have said before, for those who hate Monarchy they hate it and that is that but people who support it have certain expectations and if they are not met you also lose your supporters and the end won't be far away. I don't say this as a condemnation of individuals but as an acknowledgement of the way things are. Similarly, will Harry be judged for his past relationships and naked behaviour in the same way Meghan is? No way. Is it fair? No. Does that sound old fashioned? Yes. Is it the truth nonetheless? Absolutely.

So very well put, Sophie! I agree with you 100%. Don´t understand Harry doesn´t seem to have these instincts. If he wants to sleep with her, fine! But thinking about marriage is just laughable!

I am not debating the points any longer!!

Harry is going to EXACTLY what he wants to do! And we all know it!! And he should! He doesn't care what you or anyone else thinks!

That KP statement he had released made that point clear to the British public.

If Harry decides to marry Meghan, there is not one thing you or anyone else can do about it!

this is from my earlier post -
he can marry her of course but: why have the Royal Family then, if it's a just a half Royal half common. In a few generations, it will be just another common family - if they want to stay Royal, then they have to have Royal blood, and it's getting thinner every time they bring a commoner into it. They can't have it both ways, either they are Royal or at least noble/aristocratic or they are not. British women should not have to curtsy to Meghan Markle ( an American ) , that's just ridiculous.

Someone said she didn't have anyone between her marriage and Harry. I thought there was hockey player, a golfer , and a well known chef who she was with when Harry first started texting her. Also I haven't read where she was married but guess it wasn't a church still not sure that means she wasn't married by the Church of England. This has most likely been asked before but as we don't know what religion she is but guessing not CoE would she have to agree to bring any children up CoE

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
The hockey player came out after the relationship rumors started. She was taking some serious beating by the media. Both her rep and the hockey player's rep came out and said they haven't even been in the same room alone. And as for Rory? That was denied long ago. The celebrity chef was the second long term relationship.

he can marry her of course but: why have the Royal Family then, if it's a just a half Royal half common. In a few generations, it will be just another common family - if they want to stay Royal, then they have to have Royal blood, and it's getting thinner every time they bring a commoner into it. They can't have it both ways, either they are Royal or at least noble/aristocratic or they are not. British women should not have to curtsy to Meghan Markle ( an American ) , that's just ridiculous.

It used to be a long, long time ago that the idea of the "blood royal" was considered to be passed down through the female line and in order for the Pharaoh to be a legitimate king, he needed to marry his sister or half sister in order to rule. Science has since found out that intermarriage within blood lines is really not a great idea and we just have to look to the Habsburgs to confirm this.

Today the monarchy is an institution more than it is a bloodline and we've become intellectually advanced to the point where marriages are made between two people that choose to make that commitment rather than for alliances and land grabs.

If I'm not mistaken, it is no longer a requirement to curtsy to anyone and is done by choice out of respect should one choose to do so.

Just for the halibut, it may be interesting to note that Harry also has American blood. His great-great grandmother was an American socialite by the name of Frances Work.

Last edited:

But British Princes began to marry commoners after World War One (and Earls' daughters are commoners in one sense, not royals.) Does Harry have to marry a peer's daughter or a foreign princess then, to meet some criteria, even if he isn't in love with her?

Do Danes object to curtseying to Crown Princess Mary who is Australian born (a foreigner) and a commoner before marriage ? Or to Princess Marie, Prince Joachim's wife, who was French? Queen Maxima has no royal blood and is also not from the Netherlands. She was Argentinian. Do other royals object to curtseying to her when they meet? I think not!

A Royal wife takes on the status of her husband when they marry (unless she has a higher title.) There are no morganatic marriages in England. Before any marriage to Harry Meghan will, I am sure, become a naturalised British citizen, so it will be English women curtseying to an English woman.

Not that there is much curtseying going on nowadays, even when meeting the Queen, who is half Scottish and the product of a union that would have been considered unequal under the rules of many pre-war Royal families.

Last edited:
I would hardly call marrying a foreign commoner modern. The Denmark family did that almost two decades ago with the then Alexandra Manley. Then Crown Princess Mary, and then Princess Marie. The days of inbreeding between royals and aristocracy are over, and thank god for that. Btw, did you have a problem with Duchess of Cambridge as well since she was a commoner? Or is this an American thing?

I would hardly call marrying a foreign commoner modern. The Denmark family did that almost two decades ago with the then Alexandra Manley. Then Crown Princess Mary, and then Princess Marie. The days of inbreeding between royals and aristocracy are over, and thank god for that. Btw, did you have a problem with Duchess of Cambridge as well since she was a commoner? Or is this an American thing?

I did have a problem with the Duchess of Cambridge, they are plenty of princesses and aristocrats to choose from. With Meghan it's more so because of an American thing. Americans did not want the British Monarchy, they went to war in order to get rid of us, why should they now be able to have an American born princess - I find it ironic to say the least. And we should not compare continental monarchies to the BRF. Not the same status or history or influence at all.

I did have a problem with the Duchess of Cambridge, they are plenty of princesses and aristocrats to choose from. With Meghan it's more so because of an American thing. Americans did not want the British Monarchy, they went to war in order to get rid of us, why should they now be able to have an American born princess - I find it ironic to say the least. And we should not compare continental monarchies to the BRF. Not the same status or history or influence at all.

Wait....what:ermm::ermm:

Because the American founders decided in 1776 to form a democracy as opposed to a monarchy, a girl who was born over two hundred years later...meets and dates [because that's all it is at this point] member of the British Royal family doesn't get the option to marry [if this even becomes an option] because something that was decided centuries ago:sad:

Oh, and they didn't go to war to get rid of us...we went to war to declare our independence.

I have been around for a long time and there have been many many discussions on almost every royal/commoner courtship/marriage in the last ten years with those who are in favor or against the relationship for a variety of different reasons. I have never had someone [in this case Meaghan] found to be wanting or not qualified because of circumstances completely out of her control.

I am completely outdone.

There's no such thing as 'royal blood'. The BRF isn't any more noble or royal than any other person in the world. They just had the luck (or bad luck considering how they live in a fish bowl) to be born into a family that is in some form of monarchy in their country.

The Brit nobles have been marrying commoners for awhile now (many Americans in that mix).

In this day and age it's just surprising that there are people who think the BRF (or any royal family) have some sort of superior bloodlines. Really?

LaRae

As if the British royal family were perfect. There have been so many scandals that it would be better not to comment.What's wrong with her being divorced? In royalty there are several divorced. And Harry does not have a simple affair with her, after the statement he gave, it is clear that it is a serious relationship,

I am so confused to some reasons why Meghan is not good enough...The same people who now do not like Meghan are the ones who now want Chelsy back...Chelsy was born in Africa and was not British Either but now they prefer a White African woman to a Biracial African American/European woman...Who has closer ties to Europe through her father but now they prefer the one from Africa who happens to be completely white?
Why is it being ignored Meghan is half European?
I just find it weird that the same people Cheering Chelsy back on are quick to forget she isn't British Either...Ever consider maybe Harry doesn't like British Women as much as Foreign Women?
There are many foreign Princesses and Duchesses but maybe this one isn't good enough for another reason I'm sure...? Her problem with some of these negative posters on here and on the DM is because she's 2-3 shades darker than Harry...She doesn't have to apologize for being mixed,she caught the Prince's eye so obviously she was good enough for him...

This is such a creepy perspective to me. Those who act like aristocracy/royalty should only marry each other are espousing ideas deeply related to eugenics/white supremacy and that's troubling.

The part about American independence being a reason a British prince shouldn't date an American is just silly at least, rather than an idea tied to some of the worst parts of human history.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

I am so confused to some reasons why Meghan is not good enough...The same people who now do not like Meghan are the ones who now want Chelsy back...Chelsy was born in Africa and was not British Either but now they prefer a White African woman to a Biracial African American/European woman...Who has closer ties to Europe through her father but now they prefer the one from Africa who happens to be completely white?
Why is it being ignored Meghan is half European?
I just find it weird that the same people Cheering Chelsy back on are quick to forget she isn't British Either...Ever consider maybe Harry doesn't like British Women as much as Foreign Women?
There are many foreign Princesses and Duchesses but maybe this one isn't good enough for another reason I'm sure...? Her problem with some of these negative posters on here and on the DM is because she's 2-3 shades darker than Harry...She doesn't have to apologize for being mixed,she caught the Prince's eye so obviously she was good enough for him...

Yes, I've said that from the beginning. People point to other things, but in reality the problem is she is biracial. I have not seen Harry's ex girlfriends being attacked like this. Chelsy was not English and Cressida was an actress and no one cared.

I don't believe in royal blood etc or that royals shouldn't marry "commoners"
But I am concerned that Meghan is an actor for most actors acting is a passion and not something they can walk away from. Look at actors who act on long after most people have retired. Everything I have read about Princess Grace says she missed her acting and was very sad she couldn't continue.
I would hope that if Meghan does marry Harry she can be happy without acting anymore because I don't think anyone would be ready for a wife and possible mother of a member of the BRF to be living in another country while she makes a movie etc
Harry's wife needs to join the firm do her job and be happy doing that , there is no other option.
Anyway just my take on it marriage isn't a Mills and Boon book especially a royal one
I don't think Cressida was an actor just trying to be one

For starters, as Zonk has already pointed out, a war 300 years ago doesn't mean that Americans can't marry Brits, be they commoners, aristocrats, or nobles.

Edward VIII already married an American. Many, many British nobles have married Americans over the years.

And to make it clear, she won't be an American princess. In all likelihood, she'll become a dual citizen if they marry.

Yes, I've said that from the beginning. People point to other things, but in reality the problem is she is biracial. I have not seen Harry's ex girlfriends being attacked like this. Chelsy was not English and Cressida was an actress and no one cared.

I have been around for a bit and honestly, it's been much worst. Both of these young ladies were also found to be less desirable candidates for Harry's girlfriend and potential wife. It's only when you get a newbie than the old girls don't seem so bad.

We have to expect it. Anyone that seems to have a relationship that may result in a trip up the aisle at Westminster Abbey will have every nook and cranny of their lives, their lineage and their idiosyncrasies analyzed to the max. I half expect an article to surface in the Daily Mail on how Harry and Meghan are 27th cousins, fourteen times removed due to a common ancestor back in the 14th century somewhere. Ridiculous? Nope. Kate also ran the gauntlet of having these kind of "links". From CBS News when Kate was engaged to William:

"According to the New England Historic Genealogical Society in Boston, Middleton is an eighth cousin eight times removed to George Washington. Their common ancestor, Sir William Gascoigne, died in 1487."

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/kate-middleton-has-famous-family-ties-in-america/

Go figure. Its like a couple should sit down and trace their ancestors back to the stone age before they even consider dating each other and enjoying each other's company. I'm glad that isn't a mandatory thing in this day and age as drawing up my family lineage would take as long as to say "not applicable". :lol:

Last edited:
I thought I heard Kate was half Jewish herself did they bug her about that? Some will say she (Meghan) straightens her hair to look white but both Meghan and Kate have naturally curly hair and tanned skin...I've seen some Middletons darker than Meghan and she is still getting bashed...I've even heard she will never be a "princess" or accepted by the Queen because she has brown eyes (Which are a honey color to me) as if the heir to the throne Prince George doesn't have Brown eyes! It's a shame.

Out in the real world, the British people are not discussing her ethnicity, nationality, career, age, religion or previous marriage.

Harry has a girlfriend - thats it. There is probably a hope that he's happy but thats it.

Media has a job to do, but so does Troll Central. Ignore Troll Central as it doesnt reflect British opinion.

Come on folks. They are dating. Thats it. Chill!

The BRF really wont be as concerned as some people on this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom