The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #1381  
Old 11-16-2016, 10:00 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Washington DC, United States
Posts: 337
Meghan will have a ring on her finger soon!

I also predict that when she and Harry will engaged when she returns from her trip with Harry and that their wedding will be in early 2017.
__________________

  #1382  
Old 11-16-2016, 10:06 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Marietta, United States
Posts: 139
See,im thinking a June 2017 wedding.I can't see him letting this one go.She is too perfect for him.
__________________

  #1383  
Old 11-16-2016, 10:32 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 4,462
I do love weddings, especially Royal ones! However, I'm being a bit more cautious than some here. IF they are serious about each other longterm, and it is still a question really of whether it's going to last, then I certainly don't think it's going to take years for Harry and Meghan to be married.

Meghan's age alone would mean a fairly short dating then engagement period, I would have thought, if there are going to be children. I don't think the process can be speeded up too much though. The BRF is a cautious institution.

Still, what do I know! I was convinced Cressida was The One in spite of Harry looking less than enthusiastic when they were out together! I still think that was a serious romance that was killed off by social media commentary.
  #1384  
Old 11-16-2016, 10:41 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Marietta, United States
Posts: 139
I'm sure the reason Harry dated Chelsy and Cressida for over a year both was because he wanted them to get used to the idea of being royal and charitable.The reason he seems so stuck on Meghan is because she already knows what to do because she already does it and is willing to take on the role.His other serious girlfriends didn't want to.They were rich blondes and Meghan actually has a job and is successful.Many members of Royal families INCLUDING his marry after 6-18 months although some do not last.These two seem so compatible its inevitable for a wedding and hopefully with many years.
  #1385  
Old 11-16-2016, 11:02 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: st. paul, United States
Posts: 1,340
All this talk of Harry and Meghan sprinting to the altar makes me grimace a bit. The BRF tends to have bad luck with quick courtships.

Successful Marriages-

~The Queen and Prince Philip. The Queen was in love with him for 8 years before marrying him.
~Charles and Camilla. Well, they had a 30+ year marathon to the altar.
~Tim and Anne. We believe they were together about 6 years before marrying. The timeline is a little vague because she was still legally married to Mark during that time.
~Edward and Sophie. Married after 6 years together.
~Peter and Autumn. Married after 5 years together.
~William and Catherine. Married after 9 years together.
~Mike and Zara. Married after 7.5 years together.

Unsuccessful Marriages-

~Mark and Anne. Married after 1 year together.
~Charles and Diana. Married after 1 year together.
~Andrew and Sarah. Married after 1 year together.




If they marry before 2019, I'll be very wary of their longterm success.
  #1386  
Old 11-16-2016, 11:18 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 2,459
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilacmagnolia View Post
I'm sure the reason Harry dated Chelsy and Cressida for over a year both was because he wanted them to get used to the idea of being royal and charitable.The reason he seems so stuck on Meghan is because she already knows what to do because she already does it and is willing to take on the role.His other serious girlfriends didn't want to.They were rich blondes and Meghan actually has a job and is successful.Many members of Royal families INCLUDING his marry after 6-18 months although some do not last.These two seem so compatible its inevitable for a wedding and hopefully with many years.

What do you mean she knows what to do ??


Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
  #1387  
Old 11-16-2016, 11:21 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 4,462
I agree that Meghan has a proven record in charity work since 2014 and can certainly make successful speeches. She's also used, because of her profession, to meeting and greeting all sorts of people in a pleasant manner. I hope Meghan will learn quickly about British customs and traditions and the protocol that is so important in the public life of the BRF. It will be a lot to absorb but if she is determined to do it for Harry's sake she will, IMO.

Even if Chelsy had dated Harry for ten years not five she would still have rejected the Royal lifestyle IMO. She was never interested.

I do think Cressida would have been willing to take Royal life on, but whatever love was there between herself and Harry couldn't withstand social media trolls.
  #1388  
Old 11-16-2016, 11:29 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Marietta, United States
Posts: 139
I don't think it has anything to do with how long they dated before...The royal family are notorious for their infidelities and most of their "long term" marriages are from cheating on their first partner and finding someone else as they get older than they were when they married.We don't know if Peter &Autumn,William&Catherine,Zara&Mike will last because those are more recent marriages...When people are younger they will date for many years but when they get more mature in age they know what they want...It shouldn't take 3 years if she's "The One"...Just like Meghan dated her previous husband for a decade before they married and they divorced 18 months later.Everyone works at their own paces.I think they will last just like Princess Grace and Prince Rainier after their 3 dates or whatever the story is.
  #1389  
Old 11-16-2016, 11:36 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 4,462
Yes, of those mentioned as having disastrous marriages, two were quite young when they wed, Diana was just 20, Anne 23. There's a great difference in maturity between those who marry into Royal/married life in their early to mid twenties and those who embark on matrimony and Royal life in their 30's.

If Meghan and Harry wait for over well over two years before they wed then the likelihood of them having more than one child will appreciably diminish.
  #1390  
Old 11-16-2016, 11:36 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Marietta, United States
Posts: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
What do you mean she knows what to do ??


Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

I am saying she is dedicated to her work as an philanthropist and is a very hard worker,a great speaker,bilingual,very well educated...That is a major role for a future princess and she has all the qualities...
  #1391  
Old 11-16-2016, 11:37 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: st. paul, United States
Posts: 1,340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
I agree that Meghan has a proven record in charity work since 2014 and can certainly make successful speeches. She's also used, because of her profession, to meeting and greeting all sorts of people in a pleasant manner. I hope Meghan will learn quickly about British customs and traditions and the protocol that is so important in the public life of the BRF. It will be a lot to absorb but if she is determined to do it for Harry's sake she will, IMO.

Even if Chelsy had dated Harry for ten years not five she would still have rejected the Royal lifestyle IMO. She was never interested.

I do think Cressida would have been willing to take Royal life on, but whatever love was there between herself and Harry couldn't withstand social media trolls.
I think the bigger hinderance was her lingering feelings for Harry Wentworth-Stanley. Throughout her romance with Prince Harry it was reported he was worried he would lose her to her ex, and once they split she ran back to her ex's arms. Presently the two seem very happy and committed, they might be the pair to announce an engagement after the holidays, instead.
  #1392  
Old 11-16-2016, 11:38 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 2,459
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilacmagnolia View Post
I don't think it has anything to do with how long they dated before...The royal family are notorious for their infidelities and most of their "long term" marriages are from cheating on their first partner and finding someone else as they get older than they were when they married.We don't know if Peter &Autumn,William&Catherine,Zara&Mike will last because those are more recent marriages...When people are younger they will date for many years but when they get more mature in age they know what they want...It shouldn't take 3 years if she's "The One"...Just like Meghan dated her previous husband for a decade before they married and they divorced 18 months later.Everyone works at their own paces.I think they will last just like Princess Grace and Prince Rainier after their 3 dates or whatever the story is.

Theirs was more or less arranged by his priest. It also included money her father paid for her dowry It has been said it wasn't a really happy marriage. She was upset she couldn't act anymore and he had affairs from what I have read over the years


Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
  #1393  
Old 11-16-2016, 11:42 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Marietta, United States
Posts: 139
Meghan is a very fit woman so I don't think she will have problems producing children but Harry did strike me as a man who wanted 3 children instead of the typical 2...I do think she has a higher likelihood for multiples at 35...I don't understand why some people are saying 35 is too old for children...If a woman is in good shape she could could continue having children into her early 40's...
  #1394  
Old 11-16-2016, 11:57 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: st. paul, United States
Posts: 1,340
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilacmagnolia View Post
Meghan is a very fit woman so I don't think she will have problems producing children but Harry did strike me as a man who wanted 3 children instead of the typical 2...I do think she has a higher likelihood for multiples at 35...I don't understand why some people are saying 35 is too old for children...If a woman is in good shape she could could continue having children into her early 40's...
I agree that Meghan having children at a later age shouldn't be a problem. Sophie Wessex had her first child when she was two months shy of her 39th birthday, and she had James at 42. Donna Air is currently 37, and James Middleton has talked about their future together and how he would like children-plural.

If Harry and Meghan marry in 2019, depending on their breastfeeding viewpoints, they could still have between 2-4 children. Now if some people were expecting Harry to have a gigantic, Queen Victoria sized family, then yes, Meghan probably couldn't do that, even if she raced to the altar in 2017.
  #1395  
Old 11-17-2016, 12:12 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 4,462
Fertility does decrease once a woman nears forty, however.
  #1396  
Old 11-17-2016, 12:29 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: st. paul, United States
Posts: 1,340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
Fertility does decrease once a woman nears forty, however.
Decreases, sure. Disappears, no.

The Queen wasn't a spring chicken when she had Prince Edward, and that was before all the new IVF technology. If Harry's wife struggles to conceive, he has the resources and the contacts for her to visit the best fertility doctors in the UK. If Meghan can't do it naturally, you'll very likely read about 40-year-old Meghan having twins/triplets/quads/quints; and the following year her doctors receiving a OBE for their help.
  #1397  
Old 11-17-2016, 12:36 AM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 2,459
It doesn't matter how fit you are once you hit the late thirties the chances of having a healthy baby drop. The older you are the older your eggs are and all sorts of problems happen. And who are we to say she wants children enough to take this risk .
These are real people with all problems that happen in life they are not living a fairytale
  #1398  
Old 11-17-2016, 01:07 AM
Countessmeout's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: alberta, Canada
Posts: 5,914
Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
I agree that Meghan having children at a later age shouldn't be a problem. Sophie Wessex had her first child when she was two months shy of her 39th birthday, and she had James at 42. Donna Air is currently 37, and James Middleton has talked about their future together and how he would like children-plural.

If Harry and Meghan marry in 2019, depending on their breastfeeding viewpoints, they could still have between 2-4 children. Now if some people were expecting Harry to have a gigantic, Queen Victoria sized family, then yes, Meghan probably couldn't do that, even if she raced to the altar in 2017.
Sophie is a bad example. She had major issues with both pregnancies. Just because you can get pregnant at that age dissent mean you will have a healthy pregnancy or baby. Doesn't mean you so t either. But like decreased fertility, thus is very much a reality.
  #1399  
Old 11-17-2016, 01:30 AM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 2,459
http://yourfertility.org.au/for-women/age/
This is the last I will comment on this


Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
  #1400  
Old 11-17-2016, 01:32 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: st. paul, United States
Posts: 1,340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Sophie is a bad example. She had major issues with both pregnancies. Just because you can get pregnant at that age dissent mean you will have a healthy pregnancy or baby. Doesn't mean you so t either. But like decreased fertility, thus is very much a reality.
Sophie's issues likely had very little to do with her age considering she had an ectopic pregnancy in 2001. Even people in their 20's can be in need of IVF doctors.

The fact that even with her numerous health hurdles, she still had two healthy children bodes well for Meghan on the unlikely chance she will need to use the same doctors.
__________________

Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Popular Tags
albania best outfit birthday carl gustaf chris o'neill crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion crown princess victoria current events denmark fashion poll general news hereditary grand duchess stéphanie hereditary grand duke guillaume infanta cristina infanta leonor infanta sofia iñaki urdangarín king felipe king felipe vi king philippe letizia monarchy news november 2016 october 2016 picture of the week prince alexander prince carl philip prince charles prince daniel prince felix prince gabriel prince nicholas prince oscar princess claire of luxembourg princess estelle princess leonore princess madeleine princess mary princess mary eveningwear princess mary fashion princess of asturias princess sofia princess victoria queen elizabeth ii queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen mathilde queen mathilde daytime fashion queen mathilde fashion queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania queen silvia state visit stephanie sweden swedish royal family the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats victoria


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:45 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017
Jelsoft Enterprises