Prince Harry: Relationship Suggestions and Musings 2016-2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well.... I think I can let go of the idea that Harry gets a dog for Christmas now.

I hope whatever gifts they do exchange remain private between the two of them. We don't have to know everything and anything.

The fact that she has rescued this adorable doggie and given him the name "Bogart"...same as my rescued tomcat:p...gives me a sort of built-in soft spot for the lady.

But Daily Fail is becoming a parody with their Meghan headlines:

MEGHAN DOES YOGA!
MEGHAN GLOWS AFTER A NIGHT WITH HARRY! **wink wink*
MEGHAN BUYS GROCERIES!
MEGHAN WALKS THE DOG!!
MEGHAN BUYS FLOWERS!!

Reactions: eya
We're going into the December/January quiet period.. I anticipate that the papers will run any Meghan story they can since general royal news will mostly dry up for a couple of months.

What I am intrigued by is that Meghan is back in Toronto, since filming has wrapped on Suits. It pretty much confirms that she lives there, rather than being there when the show is filming. But, generally, if you're an LA person, you'd usually need a reason to decide to live through Toronto winters if you have other options. Who knows, maybe it's just the dogs, but I find it interesting.

We're going into the December/January quiet period.. I anticipate that the papers will run any Meghan story they can since general royal news will mostly dry up for a couple of months.

I agree - it appears that the silly season has started (although, with this particular tabloid, it seems that it's the silly season most of the time ;)).

If her first wedding was a civil wedding there would be no problem with her having a church wedding at all. The reason Charles and Camilla had to marry in a register office is because the C of E can't marry divorced people who have married in a church previously. They may give a blessing to them but they can't marry them. They take the view that Christian marriage is for life and don't recognise divorce, the same as the Catholic Church. For example, if Andrew and Sarah wanted to remarry they could do so civily to make it legal again but they wouldn't require a blessing as the C of E will still regard them fully as man and wife. Camilla and her first husband are in the same position in the eyes of the church and that's why she and Charles had to marry in the register office. If Mr Parker Bowle should die before Camilla she and Charles could then remarry in church as both would be classed as being widowed (and I think they would definitely do this) So the bottom line is that Meghan's first marriage will be considered irrelevant as long as it wasn't in a church just as Letizia of Spain's was.

Last edited:
This is such an interesting topic. If Harry chooses to marry Meghan I think his wedding will be grand but not in the scale of his brothers. I think perhaps Windsor Castle would be an appropriate and still beautiful location.

I think the type of wedding Harry chooses will reflect a lot of things. For instance if he marries in the next few years the economic climate will be taken into consideration. No one knows how Brexit will affect our economy. HM has a keen instinct on how to tread tricky times like recessions.

On a personal level Harry may prefer a quiet wedding. Or, he may want to give Meghan (or whoever he weds) the full on Pomp and circumstance. So it all depends on so many levels.

If Harry takes his time and there is a coronation before a wedding then that may be factored in as two state events in a short period may be too expensive.

My instinct though gears towards Windsor with a still impressive location whilst not affecting the city of London, as policing theses events must be huge operational wise.

YES, WE MIGHT! But I Harry may surprise those that insist it's too soon or premature during Christmas or New Years. We'll see.:D

I'm curious, why are you so determined that they should get engaged/married ASAP? I know there's the dreaded phrase that "neither are getting any younger" etc but as far as we know they haven't actually spent huge amounts of time together, lived on the same continent, seen if she can handle the royal circus that will last for the rest of her life if they get married or for that matter if she wants to effectively give up her acting career.

I have no objection to them getting married, (not that anyone is asking me!) but with so many potential deal breakers the very worst thing they could do would be to rush it IMHO.

I'm reasonably certain that the C of E does now recognise divorce and allows divorcees to be remarried in church - at the discretion of the local Vicar, cases of marrying the mistress may still be looked on with askance etc.

I'm curious, why are you so determined that they should get engaged/married ASAP? I know there's the dreaded phrase that "neither are getting any younger" etc but as far as we know they haven't actually spent huge amounts of time together, lived on the same continent, seen if she can handle the royal circus that will last for the rest of her life if they get married or for that matter if she wants to effectively give up her acting career.

I have no objection to them getting married, (not that anyone is asking me!) but with so many potential deal breakers the very worst thing they could do would be to rush it IMHO.

I'm reasonably certain that the C of E does now recognise divorce and allows divorcees to be remarried in church - at the discretion of the local Vicar, cases of marrying the mistress may still be looked on with askance etc.

Because so many are against her for stupid reasons, the primaries being that she is half black and American to boot. Secondly, I am sick of reading that it's too soon etc. as if they had a say in what is soon enough. You may think it's too soon but chances are Harry would disagree and he would not care what you thought about this. He is going to what he wants and with his grandmother's blessing if she hasn't given it to him already.

I use "You" for generally speaking by the way...

Anyway, I also support this because I called this, I said that Harry would fall for an American woman and he has. So many doubted the possibility.

And finally, the prospect of seeing the first British/American Princess of color is exciting to me especially since so many are against her.

Last edited:
You don't know anymore than we do A.O. ...none of us know what Harry is or isn't thinking. It's all a guess at this point.

LaRae

You don't know anymore than we do A.O. ...none of us know what Harry is or isn't thinking. It's all a guess at this point.

LaRae

We can deduce by how protective he is of her and his actions but otherwise you're right it's all a guess.

Last edited:
The fact that she has rescued this adorable doggie and given him the name "Bogart"...same as my rescued tomcat:p...gives me a sort of built-in soft spot for the lady.

But Daily Fail is becoming a parody with their Meghan headlines:

MEGHAN DOES YOGA!
MEGHAN GLOWS AFTER A NIGHT WITH HARRY! **wink wink*
MEGHAN BUYS GROCERIES!
MEGHAN WALKS THE DOG!!
MEGHAN BUYS FLOWERS!!
Me, as a Torontonian, I love all the free publicity for our city; especially as none of the papers here give Ms Markle any notice!:cool::previous::D

Well, it looks like Harry is happy and he really loves her. I hope her divorce is not a hindrance to their future together. I mean with three of her Majesties children are divorced as is her daughter in law. From what we can see Meghan looks like a lovely lady and he racial background should not be an issue at all. As for it being to soon only the couple in question would have the answer to that. Look, when you find the right one, you find the right one. With the world such a mess at it is a love story is a bright spark. Who cares about richer or poorer, what colours we are. Love is love. I for one hope it works out for them. Like all couples in love, they deserve a happy ending. Let's pray that they get one.

^

Did someone actually get paid to write that article?!

As for keeping the reationship front and centre.. IG post of bananas cuddling vs a press release from KP saying Meghan is PH's girlfriend, telling the press to not harass her & flying to meet her right in front of the said press knowing it will be front page news soon. I'd say Prince Harry is shouting his adoration for Meghan from the rooftops.

I see a laughing Meghan and a smiling happy Harry (who apparently broke protocol and took a Canadian detour en route back to the UK following his Carribean suite of engagements), these two are having fun; until and if it becomes legal, only then can royal protocol (whatever that would entail) can get involved.

If I were those two I would keep it just so for as long as they can.

Well until they are thinking of extending that happy family of two!

Well, it looks like Harry is happy and he really loves her. I hope her divorce is not a hindrance to their future together. I mean with three of her Majesties children are divorced as is her daughter in law. From what we can see Meghan looks like a lovely lady and he racial background should not be an issue at all. As for it being to soon only the couple in question would have the answer to that. Look, when you find the right one, you find the right one. With the world such a mess at it is a love story is a bright spark. Who cares about richer or poorer, what colours we are. Love is love. I for one hope it works out for them. Like all couples in love, they deserve a happy ending. Let's pray that they get one.

I love this post!! I agree 100%!!

The UTTER desperation of some Americans to see an 'American Princess' is laughable, given their oft emphasised devotion to equality and their republican constitution, but I suppose Disney has coloured their view...

Well it is good you get a laugh out of it, the world still turns, people have a right to their opinions. I'll be here picking out china patterns.

It's a great temporary diversion from the awfullness of 2016. You laugh at us carrying on....we all win.

There's a few historic 'American Princesses' (so to speak) who might be looked at for the reality of noble households/families.

LaRae

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes the Worth family. Frances Ellen Worth.

:previous: I believe the surname was Work. :D

The UTTER desperation of some Americans to see an 'American Princess' is laughable, given their oft emphasised devotion to equality and their republican constitution, but I suppose Disney has coloured their view...

Indeed. As an American I'm cringing so bad at some of the Disneyesque giddiness. It's like they see the BRF as a super sized Debutante Ball, or a Dumbo the Flying Elephant Ride for adults. I partly blame shows like The Crown on Netflix for this, they highlight the glamour and intrigue and underplay the tediousness. People are having trouble distinguishing between fantasy and reality.

Is Harry finished for the holidays with royal engagements?

If so Meghan doesn't start filming Season 7 of "Suits" until March and if Harry is free until after the new year, I wonder if he'll head back to Canada for a few days before Christmas.

I am sure they send New Years Eve and Day together. I know she'll be going to India for two weeks for a School Project she's working on. Him in the Caribbean for 2 weeks and she'll be in India for 2 weeks in January. Wow! Those two...

How do they do it?? Impressive!!!

Last edited:
Speaking as an American, I can understand the attraction that the British Royal Family has for the everyday American with their remarkable expertise at pomp and circumstance and the glamor and the glitter of the royal crowns and tiaras and the continuity of it all put into one very nicely wrapped package. It is easy for the average American to equate the glitz and the glitter of public appearances and royal weddings with living in the extreme lap of luxury and butlers to provide anything wished for on a whim.

Coming here to TRF and actually paying attention to the details of these people, one comes to realize that within the gilded fishbowl, there is also a lot of loss of freedom, duties and responsibilities to uphold even if the royal happened to wake up with a headache that day and most importantly, just how much this family does believe in giving back and trying their hardest to make a difference in this world.

Some of my fellow Americans like to laugh and make fun of royalty, but usually the first ones in line to see a senior royal visiting and would kill to be in their presence at a event.

Disney has ruined people's idea of royalty. The hard work is never highlited, but the glitz and glamour of royal life is always front and center.

Personally I'm more baffled at the need to tear down every person (mostly the ladies, though) whom the royals happen to date. Some people seem to think Harry is a naive teenager who needs their motherly control and 'advice' so he won't fall into the traps of evil golddigging women.

I'm not particularly following this romance but would like to say that this is getting very little press attention in the quality papers in the UK

The Mail Online is a beast and is run separately from the Daily Mail paper. The people who respond on the Mail Online site are mainly trolls. So please do not think that these represent the view of the general public of the UK.

Interest will sharpen when/if the couple are seen together - Harry knows this. He would also agree with posters on here that real life isn't Disney and BRF life is difficult. It's the price you pay for privilege.

Good luck to them and I hope it works out how they want it to.

Personally I'm more baffled at the need to tear down every person (mostly the ladies, though) whom the royals happen to date. Some people seem to think Harry is a naive teenager who needs their motherly control and 'advice' so he won't fall into the traps of evil golddigging women.

Oh, that part is always disgusting. It's part of the effort to infantilize men and not hold them accountable for their actions. For many actions that would have a royal lady facing condemnation, a royal man will get a slap on the wrist and a "isn't he a naughty lad, tee-hee!". A rowdy male royal gets called a rock star, a rowdy female royal gets called a train wreck.

It's not just with royals. For example, when Tony Romo choked in the playoffs, media and fans were eager to blame his gf Jessica Simpson. She was a bad influence on him, a distraction, a jinx, yada yada yada. Of course they've been broken up for almost a decade now and he still hasn't been to a Super Bowl, but it must be the work of some she-devil. :whistling:

I know. Some folks somehow think they have to tear down these royal girlfriends and basically put them in the trash box. It's usually other women doing this though. A woman will tear down another woman in a hot second, and think nothing else about it.

This same thing was done to the then Kate Middleton. They tried to have her for breakfast, lunch and dinner whenever possible. Some still do this.

Can someone please explain what is known of Meghan's India project? I heard of it a few weeks back assuming it was a rumor...Is there any information about her trip? Sorry in advance,I know its not a topic that's usually discussed here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom