The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2016, 05:04 PM
Heir Apparent

She has a fairly big "Self" listing on IMDB. Likely because she is an activist and a foodie.
Her quotes page is no War and Peace, but it is not Woodhouse, either. She has a wit: "Every day after school for 10 years, I was on the set of 'Married... with Children,' which is a really funny and perverse place for a little girl in a Catholic school uniform to grow up." Meghan Markle - Biography - IMDb

Old 11-13-2016, 05:11 PM
Imperial Majesty

Harry has chosen well, I know that much.

A.W. TOZER
Old 11-13-2016, 05:40 PM
Majesty

I am very skeptical about that interview. It doesn't reflect well on Meghan, even if it was conceded before meeting Harry.

Now, Aside from that, this curiosity surrounding her is getting quite obnoxious and nasty. A pic of a topless Meghan has surfaced on the net. It could be photoshopped, but it seems directly taken from snapchat... like it was very intimate and destined for private use. hope it is just a hoax.
Old 11-13-2016, 05:49 PM
Majesty

I'm not convinced yet Harry has chosen well at all. Time will tell.

LaRae
Old 11-13-2016, 05:50 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
I am very skeptical about that interview. It doesn't reflect well on Meghan, even if it was conceded before meeting Harry.

Now, Aside from that, this curiosity surrounding her is getting quite obnoxious and nasty. A pic of a topless Meghan has surfaced on the net. It could be photoshopped, but it seems directly taken from snapchat... like it was very intimate and destined for private use. hope it is just a hoax.
She's now officially confirmed as Harry's girlfriend. People now have it out for her. It's important to not give any attention to those who are energized to step all over her and paint her in a bad light.

A.W. TOZER
Old 11-13-2016, 05:54 PM
Majesty

Dman is right.

I've been told that there are a number of photoshopped pix circulating.

Trolls are out to get her now. She is used to fans and professional criticism but it must be hard to feel you are hated.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 11-13-2016, 05:54 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
She's now officially confirmed as Harry's girlfriend. People now have it out for her. It's important to not give any attention to those who are energized to step all over her and paint her in a bad light.

If you are making reference to the (maybe) fake pic,I absolutely agree. Sadly, I'm not of the same opinion about her interview.
Old 11-13-2016, 05:58 PM
Heir Apparent

I don't think Piers interviewed Megan, otherwise it would have been published earlier. They were Twitter 'friends' for some time, in agreement over things like gun control in the US.

They just caught up in a pub for a drink while Meghan was in London and their talk ranged over all sorts of subjects, including her getting death threats because of something her character did in 'Suits', which seems to me to have probably been a natural extension of the chat about guns.

In the body of the article there is no impression of it being a formal interview, just two friendly acquaintances having a drink and a chat.
Old 11-13-2016, 06:04 PM
Nobility

She didn't have an interview with Piers. They met for drinks one night when she was in London. That's it. I'm wondering how it reflected badly on her? She said nothing scandalous, Piers only complimented her.
Old 11-13-2016, 06:05 PM
Administrator

It wasn't an interview...it was a meeting with someone she has communicated with on Twitter. Who choose to speak about it after her relationship went public. If anyone is taking advantage of the situation, its Piers.

This interview also happened during the early stages of her 'relationship' with Harry while they were in the getting to know you stages. How was she to know it would go from 'strength to strength.' She had know way of knowing that they would still dating six months from now.

I really don't know how this reflects badly on her. Did anyone actually read the article with the misleading headline [surprise, surprise]. Some key points;
  • she was bombarded with hate messages when her character in the US drama series Suits, Rachel Zane, cheated on her boyfriend in the show.
  • She said: 'People wanted to kill me! Not Rachel… ME. I never knew there were so many emojis with guns and knives. It was very unpleasant. Fortunately, Rachel got back on her pedestal and it stopped.'
  • 'I'm recently single again, so I've got a few guys being a little… persistent! I'm just out of practice with the dating scene.'
  • most embarrassing television moment...I was a briefcase girl on Deal or No Deal... I cringe when I think about it now, but it paid the rent.

Old 11-13-2016, 06:05 PM
Majesty

I haven't read the piece but I did see the banner on the front page.

But it would seem that a "friend" (Piers Morgan) has used a friendly chat to make money for himself and the DM.

Doesn't seem v friendly to me. He's always been a slimeball.

Old 11-13-2016, 06:07 PM
Majesty

I dunno...not sure what it says about her judgement that she'd think it a good idea to go have drinks and a chat with someone like Morgan.

LaRae
Old 11-13-2016, 06:08 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
Dman is right.

I've been told that there are a number of photoshopped pix circulating.

Trolls are out to get her now. She is used to fans and professional criticism but it must be hard to feel you are hated.
It's going to get interesting no doubt. She's dating Prince Harry, and folks are going to go into overdrive on what a royal girlfriend should be like. People are going to be all over her like white on rice.

She's in a profession in which she knows how to handle the media, but the media and people online will go above and beyond in giving her some hell. We've been down this road before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
I dunno...not sure what it says about her judgement that she'd think it a good idea to go have drinks and a chat with someone like Morgan.

LaRae
She's focused on their shared social interests. She's not confiding in him like others may think.

A.W. TOZER
Old 11-13-2016, 06:10 PM
Majesty

Hey there is brown rice out there too!!!!!

LaRae
Old 11-13-2016, 06:11 PM
Nobility

Whatever Piers's intentions are about writing the article, Meghan said nothing wrong or revealing when they met up.

I feel bad for her. There's so many downsides to this relationship for her, and people are nitpicking her apart. I'm hoping she stays strong, because even if they would break up, the attention would still be on her for a very long time.
Old 11-13-2016, 06:15 PM
Majesty

I agree with you and here she has a "friend" using her.

UK press are going overboard - its not all negative stuff. Its just over the top. Even the Telegraph writing stuff on "the making of a modern princess".

If it goes nowhere, the fallout will be huge and picked over. If it works out, the outcome will be huge and picked over.

Old 11-13-2016, 06:19 PM
Heir Apparent

I'd be interested to know how many reporters she meets up with after they follow her on Twitter. I still think it's odd to meet up like that. The stars were certainly aligned perfectly for the DM

B-C list actress meets for drinks with the Mail Online and a few months later she's Prince Harry's confirmed girlfriend.

Piers' reputation as a tabloid slime-ball is legendary. Not sure what Meghan wanted to accomplish by the meeting
Old 11-13-2016, 06:24 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I still haven't made up my own firm personal view on Meghan yet, but it's sad to see her receive so much hate already - as Cocoasneeze has said, I hope she manages to pull through as she will be in the spotlight when it comes to Harry's relationships for longer than the time she has had now. I looked at her Instagram and she appears to have a supportive fanbase of 3million+ followers, so I hope that she remembers them whenever she feels low about the hate she's been getting.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 11-13-2016, 06:28 PM
Heir Apparent

We've already discussed it, that they had become Twitter 'friends' largely because of gun control issues. Meghan said nothing in that chat about Harry or anybody else. And people in show business/the acting profession generally do know media people socially. It's not an unknown phenomenon.
Old 11-13-2016, 06:28 PM
Heir Presumptive

Wonder what the Queen thinks about her?