The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2016, 12:34 PM
Imperial Majesty

It wasn't an interview folks. She just had a chat with him a while back. He's just now releasing it because it's been officially confirmed that she and Harry are dating. He's trying to give an opinion of her to his readers.

The story about her attending the game with Harry was totally false, because she's now back in Canada for filming.

I hope everyone keep in mind that Meghan Markle is a professional actress and have a public and social media profile. She's have to go about promoting her show, do interviews (I'm sure her dating life is likely off limits), pose for mags, etc. She's got to live her life. I hope her career is respected by all.

A.W. TOZER
Old 11-13-2016, 12:35 PM
Aristocracy

I can certainly understand that. Although, I'll take it up a notch and say that someone that would have the easiest time adapting would be an upper-class Englishwoman. However, I doubt Harry chooses his women by what's best for the RF, but by how they make him feel like most people.

Old 11-13-2016, 12:47 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
It wasn't an interview folks. She just had a chat with him a while back. He's just now releasing it because it's been officially confirmed that she and Harry are dating. He's trying to give an opinion of her to his readers.

The story about her attending the game with Harry was totally false, because she's now back in Canada for filming.

I hope everyone keep in mind that Meghan Markle is a professional actress and have a public and social media profile. She's have to go about promoting her show, do interviews (I'm sure her dating life is likely off limits), pose for mags, etc. She's got to live her life. I hope her career is respected by all.
Exactly. There was nothing in this article that reflected badly on Meghan (or her then beginning relationship with Harry.) I'm making a wild guess, that Meghan told Harry she met up with Piers, and what they talked about. And it's a non issue.
Old 11-13-2016, 01:00 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
what's best for the RF
Not so much that, but how his wife will cope with the changes demanded of her in her new role.

Catherine and Sophie, altho' not aristocratic or 'upper class' will have had an innate understanding of the role and 'place' of the Royal family in Britain, [because they are British], that would be very rare in someone from elsewhere.
Old 11-13-2016, 01:06 PM
Aristocracy

We'll have to disagree some on that point. I think Kate and Sophie both had a bit of a rocky start. Kate more than Sophie. I think there's something to be said for two people in a relationship having similar upbringings. However, things don't always work out that way. You fall in love and all that goes out the window.
Old 11-13-2016, 01:20 PM
Nobility

I think it depends on a person more than their nationality. Harry pursued a relationship with an American actress, who's job requires PR and interviews. He's fully aware of his limitations etc. He's very openly claiming her and made a very public statement. I'm thinking the 'rules' aren't that strict for him.
Old 11-13-2016, 01:22 PM
Aristocracy

They never did seem to be. I suppose a consolation for those that are upset is that he won't ever be king. Harry will be a member of the RF but hardly the most senior. William is the one and he seems as traditional as a man from the 21st century can be.
Old 11-13-2016, 01:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

My thoughts too. I think Harry has enough respect for women in general for him to let her have her freedom and be able to do her work. Which consists out of talking to the press.
Old 11-13-2016, 01:30 PM
Majesty

This is what I don't like. Had it been an official interview set up to promote her tv show or business, okay.

That kind of thing is usually done through pr people or tv executives and set up in advance.

But.... for her to ring up Piers Morgan and arrange to have drinks with him after she started texting/flirting/dating Harry seems odd.

Again, I don't believe in coincidences. She obviously knows he's a former editor of the Daily Mirror and current online editor for Mail Online.

Once the Harry story broke, she must have know Piers would blab everything to the DM

Am I wrong?
Old 11-13-2016, 01:40 PM
Nobility

She caught up with Piers, because she liked his thoughts on various subjects. They talked on twitter way before she had even met Harry. They didn't talk about Harry at all. Not everything in her life has to do with Harry, she can meet up with people, because she finds them interesting.
Old 11-13-2016, 01:51 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
because she finds them interesting.
Then IMO she must be remarkably blinkered judge of character... a cursory glance at Morgans Wikipedia entry would be enough to warn anyone that he's not to be trusted...
Old 11-13-2016, 02:16 PM
Heir Apparent

Well, if it was a planned master stroke by Meghan, Piers has taken his time in cooperating and blabbing about his innocuous little chat with her. It's been well over a week since the story broke and days since the KP statement confirming the romance. How do we know, anyway, that the Soho House excursion was the first date for the couple?
Old 11-13-2016, 03:31 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoySetsFire View Post
you seem like an angry person...why don't you search canada and the poppy. could it not be that she was showing respect in the same way many canadians do? she does work there and spend an inordinately large amount of time there.
Yes I am very angry she wore a poppy...
I am well aware of Canadians and the poppy.
Old 11-13-2016, 03:59 PM
Aristocracy

Now even montages with the photos of Meghan are doing. They put her face on a woman's body with huge breasts of top-less and spread across the web. At what point people are coming!
Old 11-13-2016, 04:30 PM
Heir Apparent

I wonder why Meghan only spent two days in London.
It hardly seems worth flying over for such a short time, she would scarcely get over the jet lag.
Old 11-13-2016, 04:31 PM
Heir Apparent

Angel10, People are totally and completely disgusting about such things and will stop at nothing. Presumably they're making money from this.

Mirabel, You ought to experience flying to and from Europe/Britain to Australia. It takes about four days to recover!

I think she wanted to consult him about something important. Maybe something legal?
Old 11-13-2016, 04:41 PM
Heir Presumptive

Has she done anything else besides the TV show any movie etc? So much is said about her being an actress but to what standard ? So would giving up her career be that hard for her.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 11-13-2016, 04:48 PM
Nobility

This is just my opinion, not based on anything Meghan has said, but she might be happy doing projects with the UN, and give up acting. She's been working here and there, guest episodes etc, but nothing big. Suits is bound to end after season 7, I think, she might think other career options after that.

Maybe they don't have time to meet up before his trip to the Caribbean.
Old 11-13-2016, 04:51 PM
Heir Apparent

Just bit parts in small films like 'Remember Me' with Robert Pattison, I believe, and some Hallmark films for TV. 'Horrible Bosses' is another one she was in, I think. Comedies and romantic dramas. Though, I always think that for actors and actresses getting any work is some sort of an achievement! About 90% are unemployed at any one time, I believe.
Old 11-13-2016, 04:52 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
I wonder why Meghan only spent two days in London.
It hardly seems worth flying over for such a short time, she would scarcely get over the jet lag.
What's the flight time between Toronto and London...if it's five to six hours [like from DC], it's not so hard if you sleep on the plane. And it might have been the only time she was free from filming. Which goes to show how much of this reporting is so off. Some of the reporting has stated that she has been here for a week, other two days, etc.

Closed Thread