The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2016, 08:28 AM
Heir Apparent

This is British tabloid 'journalism' 101

The DM says Meghan comes from a broken home... not that's anything wrong with that.

The DM says Meghan is a divorcee.... not that's anything wrong with that

The DM says Meghan is a 'sassy' brunette.... not that there's anything wrong with that.

The DM says Meghan does steamy nude scenes on television... not that's there's anything wrong with that.

It's like Antony's speech about Brutus, the DM keeps saying there is nothing wrong with Meghan knowing it will provoke it's readership into saying there is.

Notice the frequent comments now about Meghan being a 'social climber', remind you of anybody?

Old 11-12-2016, 08:51 AM
Heir Apparent

The DM constantly plays good cop, bad cop, with its readers, in search of clickbait. That's what British tabloids do. I don't take any notice of it.

Actors and actresses constantly play love scenes in bed, since things started changing in the 1960's and 70s. They're contracted to do so in both film and on television. I don't think sometimes it's completely necessary but times have changed and no-one takes any notice of 'sex' scenes in mainstream media outlets any more.

Old 11-12-2016, 09:08 AM
Majesty

And to think that many approve of Sofia's nude "career" but have much to say about Meghan's sex scenes... ;-)
Old 11-12-2016, 09:26 AM
Nobility

Meghan actually spoke with the producers to limit scenes where her character comes to the room with only a towel on, in her opinion they started to become pointless, and tge producers listened.

There are a lot of interesting interviews she's given, over the years, about her work with the UN etc, if anyone is interested.
Old 11-12-2016, 10:20 AM
Courtier

Harry and Meghan

He has made a never before statement via KP acknowladging his relationship with the lovely Meghan Markle.

The lady is a EU embassador.

https://www.gnoogle.ie/?gws_rd=ssl#q...+markle+speech
Old 11-12-2016, 10:27 AM
Heir Apparent

Below is just a short clip showing Meghan on a trip to Africa.

Old 11-12-2016, 10:33 AM
Commoner

i'm torn about all of this. as a woman, i was proud to see a man standing up for his woman who was being mercilessly attacked by many simply because she doesn't fit their description of who he should date. i also felt it was out of place given they aren't engaged and believe it will only make things worse. i do believe she is enjoying some of the attention and think had she really wanted to keep this secret she could have. that leaves me wondering has he just made a fool of himself if indeed it was one of her people who leaked it.

When you said we'd all be friends in the end I hope you find what you need
I hope you'll find what you need But can I have my heart back 'cause it's starting to b l e e d

Oh, oh, oh, you were my s t a r now
Oh, oh, oh, you're my favorite s c a r

Old 11-12-2016, 10:34 AM
Heir Apparent

Prince Harry 'to take new girlfriend Meghan Markle to Twickenham for England vs South Africa' - Mirror Online

Is Harry at the rugby yet and is Meghan with him?
Old 11-12-2016, 10:44 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoySetsFire View Post
i'm torn about all of this. as a woman, i was proud to see a man standing up for his woman who was being mercilessly attacked by many simply because she doesn't fit their description of who he should date. i also felt it was out of place given they aren't engaged and believe it will only make things worse. i do believe she is enjoying some of the attention and think had she really wanted to keep this secret she could have. that leaves me wondering has he just made a fool of himself if indeed it was one of her people who leaked it.
I do think it was an impulsive gesture and a very chivalrous one on Harry's behalf. Whether he's made a fool of himself time will tell. I do think they are serious about each other, though. My feeling is, and it's only a feeling, that Prince Harry's staff at KP were fully briefed about Meghan in August, or so I've read.

I think that people on staff realised that Harry was keen on her, that she was American and different to his other girlfriends and may have talked to others and so it spread, around Clarence House staff as well, perhaps. Camilla T heard rumours about who Harry's new girlfriend was, perhaps did a bit of snooping, heard about her previous visits to Nott Cott and therefore got herself a scoop.

Meghan's two IGs and bracelet (apparently for a men's' health charity she's done an ad for) are neither here nor there.
Old 11-12-2016, 11:06 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
Yes he is there - it is an official engagement. He has laid a wreath at the new memorial gates

No she isn't - he's there with Princess Charlene of Monaco

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 11-13-2016, 03:20 AM
Imperial Majesty

Meghan Markle's gone home: Prince Harry's girlfriend back in Canada | Royal | News | Daily Express

I'm sure they had a good time together.

A.W. TOZER
Old 11-13-2016, 03:56 AM
Nobility

That sort of blows the 'she asked time off Suits' story out of the water.

Harry looked really handsome yesterday.
Old 11-13-2016, 05:26 AM
Super Moderator

Please note that a number of argumentative and disruptive posts have been removed. The Royal Forums is fundamentally a board to discuss royalty and this thread specifically to discuss Prince Harry's relationship/s. Further discussions relating to race, ethnicity etc will be removed without notice.
Old 11-13-2016, 11:09 AM
Heir Apparent

What do people make of this? It was from back in June. Meghan messages Piers Morgan on Twitter to meet up while she's in London. She then discuses dating and relationships and some other things.

I don't believe in coincidences. What timing she talks to Piers just before her relationship with Harry goes public. I know she's a celebrity and she's going talk to tabloids but still the timing.

What do people think?

Meghan Markle opens up to PIERS MORGAN about dating and death threats | Daily Mail Online
Old 11-13-2016, 11:30 AM
Nobility

Well if she talks to much I don’t think this relationship will last long...
Old 11-13-2016, 11:31 AM
Aristocracy

Was she promoting her show at the time? Or was it just a random, "I'm in London, let's have a chat"?
Old 11-13-2016, 11:31 AM
Heir Apparent

"Just before" is a bit of a stretch... she met with him 6 months ago.
Old 11-13-2016, 11:32 AM
Nobility

She's given 100s of interviews over the years, this is nothing different. Nothing in this interview is about Harry, except him being maybe one of the guys asking her out and texting her.
She had been tweeting with Pierce from before, she likes his stance on gun control. They messaged here and there a few times. Then she was in London, she suggested they meet up. They talked about life and all that. How she received hate when her character messed up on the show. Nothing she said was about Harry. Pierce wrote this article, because Meghan left a good impression on him, and he (Pierce) wants to say his opinion about everything.
It wasn't even an interview, just her meeting up with Pierce for drinks.
Old 11-13-2016, 11:33 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistoryGirl View Post
Was she promoting her show at the time? Or was it just a random, "I'm in London, let's have a chat"?

The article basically says that Piers Morgan followed her on Twitter about a year ago and the two have been DMing on it since then. When she was going to London she sent him a message suggesting they meet up at some point.
Old 11-13-2016, 11:36 AM
Aristocracy

Hmm makes sense. If they share similar views on gun control. However, Piers Morgan did not release this simply because she left a good impression on him, he released it because he's an attention seeker who will do anything to remain relevant. It would be best to stay away from him.