Prince Harry: Relationship Suggestions and Musings 2016-2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Harry changed his plans and decided to go to Toronto for a few hours and members of his entourage didn't bother to inform the Press. It's not a hanging offence to want to go and see your girlfriend and Harry might not have wanted a stream of media following his every move in Toronto!
The Presx are very annoyed at the moment about their luggage and some chaotic arrangements to do with the local airlines. They are all dribbling back to London now.

I'm not suggesting he got to the airport and changed his plans, but the change could have happened prior to that. As lomg as security was not compromised, I don't see what the issue was.

There's no problem, but the press were told he was going straight home after the tour. They don't like finding out he made a last unknown change and went to Toronto to see Meghan. They wanted an official heads up.

If Harry's managed to fool the paps to spend a little time with his girlfriend, then good for him. He's allowed to have private time and he'll be back on duty soon enough.

Richard Palmer is throwing a rant down as we speak. Accusing KP of misleading the press.

There is no news about him having arrived back in London from his tour. I think he is in Canada! And he could have contacted Wills to fill in for him in this next engagement so he could visit Meghan.

the british press always seem to feel like they are entitled to know everything...they aren't and they need to get over that...all of them were stuck on that island anyway..so what does it matter..

I might be missing something, but I don't see the big deal. He's on his free time, right? If he changed his mind at some point, and decided to visit Meghan, it's quite understandable, that he wouldn't inform the press about it. Is he dutybound to keep tge press informed about his whereabouts at all times?

I don't get it either. Lets say that maybe Harry did make plans in advance but did not tell all his people so they could have deniability. The person who answered the question was telling the truth.

Quite frankly I just don't get how Harry dating Meghan is a big deal. It's not a scandal and Meghan is no more suitable or unsuitable than any of the current royal family. Other than posting a bananna??!! she has not done anything wrong. Smiling at the paps? Diana posed for the paps wearing a see through skirt, she even answered questions. Call me when we get toe sucking pics, or Harry wishing he was a tampon. Meghangate is NOTHING compared to real royal scandal. Just shaking my head over all this commotion.

When I stop and think about it, when it comes to the media, the only thing they needed to be informed of is Harry's official itinerary for the Caribbean tour. The press was there and they covered it and that is all that was needed to be done.

Harry's private time is his own and other than his family and his protection officers, he is not obligated to inform anyone else of his plans or his whereabouts.

Then KP shouldn't have answered the initial question about going straight back to London in the pre tour briefing. Then per Richard Palmer's tweet reaffirmed the straight to London 30 minutes before Harry's charter left Guyana.

True, I think the KP person should of said it was his private time, but non answers would be misconstrued as confirming that he was going to Toronto.

I don't get it either. Lets say that maybe Harry did make plans in advance but did not tell all his people so they could have deniability. The person who answered the question was telling the truth.

Quite frankly I just don't get how Harry dating Meghan is a big deal. It's not a scandal and Meghan is no more suitable or unsuitable than any of the current royal family. Other than posting a bananna??!! she has not done anything wrong. Smiling at the paps? Diana posed for the paps wearing a see through skirt, she even answered questions. Call me when we get toe sucking pics, or Harry wishing he was a tampon. Meghangate is NOTHING compared to real royal scandal. Just shaking my head over all this commotion.

I posted this same sentiment when "Meghangate" (thanks I love it!:lol:) first broke.

This young lady is quite tame to some of her recently married in "Royal" peers.;)

Call me crazy but I actually kind of feel bad because some of the reporters that went along on the tour were still stuck there as of last night and now I'm feeling maybe that was done purposely so they couldn't find out his plans...Oh my goodness,he really wanted to see Meghan.Im all for this relationship but to see the reporters still posting about waiting on a plane to get home to London makes me feel really bad when harry just soared out of there! I hope they are finally home though... :ROFLMAO:

I just found out that the press and the others that were with him on his tour confirmed on Twitter that he flew to see Meghan instead of going back to London from this tour in the Caribbean.

I think there was a lot of frustration among the press corps that chaotic and inefficient practices on a local airline caused them to miss a connecting flight to London from Guyana. Not to mention the fact that Richard Palmer's luggage was lost going to Barbados! However, I believe British Airways came to the rescue, at least where Camilla Tominey was concerned!

I bet Harry has clothes and things that he keeps at Meghan's house. That made it easy for him to ditch his group. Also they are not going to be seem in public together until they are good and ready! And I don't blame them!! The press and social media are most likely getting on their nerves and they refuse to appease them.

I think a bit of common sense is in order here. Did the press really expect KP to say " Yes, Prince Harry will be flying to Toronto to see Megan"? So that the press and paps could detour and head to Toronto? Come on?

I bet Harry has clothes and things that he keeps at Meghan's house. That made it easy for him to ditch his group. Also they are not going to be seem in public together until they are good and ready! And I don't blame them!! The press and social media are most likely getting on their nerves and they refuse to appease them.

I think so too. I think the couple are very deliberate in their actions and are doing things on their own terms.
Let them enjoy each other as privately as possible. Good for them!?

I think a bit of common sense is in order here. Did the press really expect KP to say " Yes, Prince Harry will be flying to Toronto to see Megan"? So that the press and paps could detour and head to Toronto? Come on?

Exactly.

I don't get what the press were expecting, either. What difference does it make to them if Harry is in Toronto or London. I get that theyre generally frustrated about lost luggage and flight schedules, but thise aren't Harry's or KP fault.

Yes, they've done nothing but bitch for days about lost luggage and missed British Airways connections and the iniquities of the local airline. I get that they all want to get home from Guyana but these things haven't helped!

Anyway, there's been no breach.
Harry and his entourage at the end of a successful tour used a private chartered plane to leave Guyana and take them all back to the large airport at Barbados.

From there Harry (a) nipped onto a commercial plane to Toronto, with ticket paid by himself, and will pay to get back to London by commercial plane.

Or (b) this story is tabloid rubbish and Harry and entourage returned to London from Barbados as arranged. In which case Harry is in London.

In any case, from the time of departure from Guyana Harry was officially off duty. He doesn't have to inform the press of his every move. I wouldn't say the Press as a whole is annoyed, with the exception of Richard Palmer. Judging by her Twitter it's not bothering Emily Andrews too much, whatever the truth of this is.

Last edited:
I also don't understand why both brouhaha.
Had he not finished the tour ? What is the problem of going to visit the girlfriend?

The Telegraph is correct that royal policy has been breached. I can remember the row over Prince Andrew. Lots of people want to give Harry a pass on that - but individual royals cannot pick and choose the rules. If it was Andrew again for example, there would be no sympathy.

I agree that really KP was between a rock and a hard place re "Is Harry flying straight home?" But I also think that there are ways around a flat denial. Alternatively H made his mind up at the last minute, his staff didn't know about the policy and off he went.
Tricky.

Not all the royal reporters went on the tour so this isn't about all of them fed up over flights.

The Telegraph though is taking it that the DM story is gospel. No member of the media was there at Barbados airport to see who got on what plane. Unless Harry hired a charter plane to Toronto it's extremely odd that no fellow passenger saw him on the Toronto flight by commercial plane, no tweets, no cell phone snaps, nothing. Likewise, he must have passed through Toronto airport, a busy place, like a phantom. No photos taken there, no Tweets from anyone at all. Everybody's taking it for granted that he's shot off to see Meghan but Harry may very well be in London and has been from the beginning.

Hmm, i think it’s kind of bad when a working royal’s personal life takes preference/gets more attention over the job. Looks like PH is kind of mixing Business with pleasure recently. kind of disappointing.

The Telegraph is correct that royal policy has been breached. I can remember the row over Prince Andrew. Lots of people want to give Harry a pass on that - but individual royals cannot pick and choose the rules. If it was Andrew again for example, there would be no sympathy.

I agree that really KP was between a rock and a hard place re "Is Harry flying straight home?" But I also think that there are ways around a flat denial. Alternatively H made his mind up at the last minute, his staff didn't know about the policy and off he went.
Tricky.

Not all the royal reporters went on the tour so this isn't about all of them fed up over flights.

On the one hand, no, the press doesn't need to know about Harry's private activities and movements. On the other, if he has taken the requisite security personnel with him to Toronto, he's created a tricky situation for the accountants who need to sort out which costs associated with those men are paid for by the taxpayer, which ones come out of his own pocket, and whether the necessary prorating and transfers of money are handled correctly. There are very good reasons for the royals to draws a clear and hard line between personal trips and professional ones, and he seems to have just muddied the waters in a risky way.

It's definitely messes up the accounting. You have tickets from Barbados to London that weren't used by Harry and the RPOS that would have been paid from Government money. Add the extra security costs for the RPOS to go to Toronto and next back to London the next day. Meghan's Toronto pad doesn't have the security that a royal residence would have. So you have to get local police in Toronto to provide extra security.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom