The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2016, 09:20 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish View Post
Because it fell off? Because it was on one jacket and she forgot to transfer it over when she changed? Because it was on a shirt and she didn't move it to her jacket when she went out?

All reasons.

Or even it could be that being an American she never thought of it (despite having lived in Canada for 6 years) until she went to the UK to spend the weekend of Remembrance Day/Remembrance Sunday with her boyfriend the army veteran.

Doesn't mean she went out wearing a poppy just to be photographed. As a Canadian I can assure you that people living in Canada wear poppies just to go grocery shopping in poppy season, and I'd bet that Brits and other members of the Commonwealth realms do as well.
Exactly. It's not out of the realm of possibility someone said "hey by the way you may be photographed. Here's a poppy"

Old 11-10-2016, 09:21 PM
Nobility

How do we know if she never wore poppy before? Most people say they have never heard of her until the past 2 weeks or so, we have no clue if she wore one before. She would no doubt get called out if she didn't wear one.

Old 11-10-2016, 09:21 PM
Majesty

I have a poppy on right now, and I'm sitting in my living-room checking out the Royal Forums. I had it on my sweater when I went out earlier and didn't bother taking it off when I came in.

What I'm thinking is this: I'd expect that most ladies dating a Prince would want to keep a low profile until things were official. So why is she wearing a cap that Harry is known to wear and going out grocery shopping?
Old 11-10-2016, 09:28 PM
Nobility

There's no low profile for her right now, unless she never goes out, the paparazzi are working over time to get her pictures.

I'm thinking she's continuing to act as she did before their dating was out in the open, and won't change her habits (like wearing her boyfriend's hat) just to worry about the press.
Old 11-10-2016, 09:33 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocoasneeze View Post
How do we know if she never wore poppy before? Most people say they have never heard of her until the past 2 weeks or so, we have no clue if she wore one before. She would no doubt get called out if she didn't wear one.
Your right. We don't know for sure. A quick Google search showed no images of her wearing one. Honestly I would be surprised if she has worn one in the past due to the American factor.
Old 11-10-2016, 09:48 PM
Heir Apparent

Prince Harry: Relationship Suggestions and Musings 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocoasneeze View Post
There's no low profile for her right now, unless she never goes out, the paparazzi are working over time to get her pictures.

I'm thinking she's continuing to act as she did before their dating was out in the open, and won't change her habits (like wearing her boyfriend's hat) just to worry about the press.

The paparazzi didn't have to work overtime to get that picture. William was hosting a large gala at KP for Centrepoint that evening the paparazzi were probably already hanging out in front of KP.

Why not have her stay in less obvious place than where he lives? Stash her at Clarence House since Charles and Camilla are on tour. Put her up at a friends apartment or even a hotel room.

Harry has engagements the next 3 days. I bet Meghan gets mentioned in every article except the Cenotaph service on Sunday.

Or they could have met in Miami next week ahead of his tour of the Caribbean. Probably go completely under the radar or they could have gone to Highgrove , Windsor, Sandringham or even Balmoral.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 11-10-2016, 09:51 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanyT View Post
Your right. We don't know for sure. A quick Google search showed no images of her wearing one. Honestly I would be surprised if she has worn one in the past due to the American factor.
But she has also spent a significant amount of time in Canada for the last six years, and as you state, we don't know if she has worn one in the past or not. I am going to give her the benefit of the doubt.

In regards to the Hat and actually meeting during Remembrance weekend...seriously

In reference to the hat, I could go so many places with why she is wearing this hat...like...I don't know of any woman who at one time or another has not walked out of the house to do errands without wearing an article of clothing that doesn't belong to her boyfriend/husband [i.e. hat, sweat shirt, etc.]. Because they haven't dated for a lot, she doesn't know this is his signature hat....she forgot her hat and just picked up his because it sitting around his home, etc. So many potential reasons on why she is wearing it.

According to some source she has asked for time off from the filming of Suits, I think that is nonsense and they either aren't actually filming right now or she is not needed this weekend for filming. I would imagine that they have a filming schedule that they use [actors don't just sit by waiting to be filmed and specific scenes are filmed in a particular order] and unless its an emergency, her not showing up for work could impact the filming schedule. If she is a specific scenes with other actors, they would need to have her lines either deleted or given to other actors. And if she is key to a specific scene [say a scene with her love interest Mike], they would need to reschedule the shooting entirely. I have read various sources that either they have finished filming for season 6 [the 2nd part which airs in early 2017] or they haven't started season 7, which isn't scheduled to air until the summer. And since Harry should be starting his tour in the Caribbean and they know they will not be able to see each for at least a week...why not now. Who know what she has planned when he comes back.

Why shouldn't' Harry's girlfriend stay with him while she is visiting. Neither of them have anything to hide. Why stay at your boyfriend's parents home, whom you have never met...that's kind of rude and presumptuous.....and they aren't even there...and he doesn't live there. Why stay in a hotel....so we can get shots of Harry coming and going...imagine if there are overnight stays. At least in the confines of KP, there are no pics being taken and they can have abit of privacy.

Old 11-10-2016, 10:02 PM
Heir Apparent

The tour doesn't start until the 20th. Harry is at the National Arboretum for Armistice Day service on Friday. He is watching Rugby on Sat. The rest of the family will be a Royal Albert Hall for the Festival of Remembrance and then Sunday is the Cenotaph service. So while Harry is busy doing those three engagements. Meghan is going to be trailed by the paparazzi if she steps outside of KP again which will then be all over the papers like the Whole Foods pictures is today.

Old 11-10-2016, 10:07 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
The paparazzi didn't have to work overtime to get that picture. William was hosting a large gala at KP for Centrepoint that evening the paparazzi were probably already hanging out in front of KP.

Why not have her stay in less obvious place than where he lives? Stash her at Clarence House since Charles and Camilla are on tour. Put her up at a friends apartment or even a hotel room.

Harry has engagements the next 3 days. I bet Meghan gets mentioned in every article except the Cenotaph service on Sunday.

Or they could have met in Miami next week ahead of his tour of the Caribbean. Probably go completely under the radar or they could have gone to Highgrove , Windsor, Sandringham or even Balmoral.

She's staying at the place where he lives, what's wrong with that? Why go way out of the norm and go stay somewhere else but his home? Perhaps they want to spend as much time together as possible, she might be busy next week. They're doing things easier for themselves, and might not even want to keep things hush hush, have her hide away.
Old 11-10-2016, 10:16 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
The tour doesn't start until the 20th. Harry is at the National Arboretum for Armistice Day service on Friday. He is watching Rugby on Sat. The rest of the family will be a Royal Albert Hall for the Festival of Remembrance and then Sunday is the Cenotaph service. So while Harry is busy doing those three engagements. Meghan is going to be trailed by the paparazzi if she steps outside of KP again which will then be all over the papers like the Whole Foods pictures is today.

I don't recall that any of these events as being all day events. I would also imagine that prior to coming to the UK, Harry and Meaghan discussed his schedule so that she knew he had these three engagements. For all we know, she could by watching the rugby match with him on Saturday or made plans. She's a big girl...I am sure she can entertain herself.

Help me out here..is there a problem with her coming to the UK while has royal engagements.

Old 11-10-2016, 11:00 PM
Heir Apparent

I came in from shopping to hear this news of Meghan being with Harry (am wearing a poppy too. They are sold in Australia, and I'm sure in Canada and NZ.) This is very interesting. And to think that a fortnight ago none of us knew of her link with Harry or anything about her really! I do think this is serious. She may stay in England until the Christmas/New Year period, it may be just a flying visit, but this romance is going at a speed that's even taking the media by surprise.
Old 11-10-2016, 11:44 PM
Serene Highness

For those saying that maybe Harry has been dating Meghan longer than a few months, the rumour is that he met her when he was in Toronto in May. I actually saw him on May 2nd outside an event for his Invictus Games athletes...so this, combined with the fact that the press release said they were in a relationship of a few months, suggests that Harry and Meghan have only been dating since the spring.

If there seems to be a rush, I'm guessing that it's because they both want a family and feel they're on the same page.
Old 11-10-2016, 11:58 PM
Heir Apparent

I'm expecting to wake up tomorrow and find they married in Scotland overnight!
Old 11-11-2016, 01:09 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
I have a poppy on right now, and I'm sitting in my living-room checking out the Royal Forums. I had it on my sweater when I went out earlier and didn't bother taking it off when I came in.

What I'm thinking is this: I'd expect that most ladies dating a Prince would want to keep a low profile until things were official. So why is she wearing a cap that Harry is known to wear and going out grocery shopping?
Maybe she needed to buy some groceries? People do go to the store. Catherine, Sophie, Diana and others went to the grocery store and shopping when dating their prince's. Meghan is doing this same thing.

I just think people are over thinking here. They're dating, she's visiting and went to the store. It's pretty simple stuff.

A.W. TOZER
Old 11-11-2016, 01:18 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

I disagree, I think these pictures were planned. There is no need to be seen, let alone go grocery shopping, when you are dating Prince Harry and want to avoid the press.
I think they wanted to take off some steam of the situation, letting the press have some pictures.
Old 11-11-2016, 01:19 AM
Imperial Majesty

Even so, her visiting and going to the store is pretty simple. She can't avoid the press, because she have to go outside to go to work and do other things. There is no reasons why she have to live her life underground now.

People have to relax and let these people live. She's an actress and have to work and go about her business. Catherine was allowed to go about her life, dating and married, Meghan should be afforded the same freedom.

Let's not lock her away in a dungeon. No human relationship can thrive that way.

A.W. TOZER
Old 11-11-2016, 02:40 AM
Nobility

She's not going to be secluding herself inside or hide away in hotels to avoid the press. Why would she, she's done nothing wrong. She's visiting her boyfriend, and is going to go about her life as normal as possible, which is going to the shop etc when she needs to. I don't get why she shouldn't do this, or act any different than she is doing right now. She and Harry are well aware, that she's going to be pictured by the paps, but she's not going to let that limit her life. IMO that's a good thing, and a promising thing for this relationship.
Old 11-11-2016, 04:13 AM
Super Moderator

I'm sorry, but fuzzy side-shots of a woman with dark hair in a hat out shopping on the
say-so of a tabloid newspaper does not, in my mind, constitute it being Meghan Markle...let alone it being Meghan Markle, staying in Kensington Palace and wearing a Remembrance Day poppy, which there are no images of anyway.

The very idea that this was somehow a contrived set-up by the Palace or the pictures were planned is quite beyond my realms of understanding - the mind simply boggles how or why this would have been done.
Old 11-11-2016, 04:56 AM
Heir Apparent

Someone on another forum regularly posts on photographer Niraj Tanner's Twitter page. She said she asked him what he thought of the photo taken near KP and he replied that it looked to him as if it was taken with an ordinary cell phone. If that's so, either no paps were hanging about or they'd forgotten to bring their cameras.
Old 11-11-2016, 05:01 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
Someone on another forum regularly posts on photographer Niraj Tanner's Twitter page. She said she asked him what he thought of the photo taken near KP and he replied that it looked to him as if it was taken with an ordinary cell phone. If that's so, either no paps were hanging about or they'd forgotten to bring their cameras.
Then my theory of this being organized by Harry/Meghan was completely wrong. Nothing new there. Someone snapping her picture while out and about, and selling it to daily mail is a high possibility.

Closed Thread