Prince Harry: Relationship Suggestions and Musings 2016-2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They are already startlingly alike in looks – but now Prince Harry’s girlfriend Meghan Markle and Royal sister-in-law Pippa Middleton are starting to sound alike too.

The actress moonlights as a blogger and offers ‘mantras’ of a type not seen since Miss Middleton recommended putting water in the freezer to make ice.

Miss Markle breathlessly describes her lifestyle website The Tig, named after her favourite wine, as a ‘breeding ground for ideas and excitement for an inspired lifestyle’.
Read more: Prince Harry's girlfriend Meghan Markle's slogans are as obvious as Pippa Middleton's | Daily Mail Online

Last edited:
The Fail has a lot of gall critiquing anyone's writing quality. In writing an article bashing the pot, the kettle has shown zero self-awareness.

All I know is I wouldn't want to be in Meghan's shoes right now. How horrible it must be to know that tabs are being kept of every little move you make, every little thing you buy and gremlins are lurking in the shadows anxiously watching to see what you're going to do next and where you're going to go and who you're going to see and heavens forbid should you have to sneeze or cut the cheese as it'll be major news around the world in an instant.

Sounds like a recipe for high stress living to me.

You and me both! :ermm:

Hopefully her already public persona will provide a bit of personal armour against the gaping masses! :lol:

All I know is I wouldn't want to be in Meghan's shoes right now. How horrible it must be to know that tabs are being kept of every little move you make, every little thing you buy and gremlins are lurking in the shadows anxiously watching to see what you're going to do next and where you're going to go and who you're going to see and heavens forbid should you have to sneeze or cut the cheese as it'll be major news around the world in an instant.

Sounds like a recipe for high stress living to me.

On one hand it's a shame she's having to live in a state of hyper awareness and possibly paranoia. On the other hand, it's good she's getting a taste of what the fishbowl life is like. This way she can make an educated choice on whether she can handle a future with Harry. It would be much worse if she was treated with kid gloves during their courtship, then was suddenly thrown to the media wolves after joining the BRF. That might be a recipe for a very short-lived marriage.

This is trial by fire, and if she can't stand the heat she'll get out of the kitchen. Add a few extra clichés. :lol:

Actress Meghan Markle is reportedly willing to do whatever it takes to make her relationship with Prince Harry work.

The Suits star (35) has been dating the 32-year-old royal for six months and while the long distance has been a strain, they're keen to make it work.

Markle films in Canada for the hit US legal drama and Harry is at the end of a two-week tour of the Caribbean. With the festive season in full swing, the actress will reportedly spend Christmas with her family in Los Angeles and fly to London after.

She is said to be "head over heels" for her new beau and is willing to drop her schedule in order to make it work.
Read more: 'It's been a fairytale' - Meghan Markle 'wants a future' with boyfriend Prince Harry - Independent.ie

The tabs are desperate for some sightings and news on this relationship.

We'll she does give it to them if you see her last Instagram. If she really didn't want attention she would be off social media or at least not posting photos that will bring out the trolls.
So I think all the attention isn't worrying her

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

We'll she does give it to them if you see her last Instagram. If she really didn't want attention she would be off social media or at least not posting photos that will bring out the trolls.
So I think all the attention isn't worrying her

I don't think the attention is bad until it's abusive. She has a social media life established before the relationship. She can't just shut it down. Her professional life requires her to be on social media.

The media should leave her alone. Just don't overstep the mark with her.

Last edited:
I don't think the attention is bad until it's abusive. She has a social media life established before the relationship. She can't just shut it down. Her professional life requires her to be on social media.

No it doesn't plenty of actors aren't on social media. She doesn't need to post photos that will bring headlines because of their content. She's playing games with the media.

Prince Harry: Relationship Suggestions and Musings 2016

My last say about it for the day. Some of her "fans" on insta are posting pretty nasty things about Kate might be a good idea for her to block them.

No it doesn't plenty of actors aren't on social media. She doesn't need to post photos that will bring headlines because of their content. She's playing games with the media.

Lets face it. The only way Meghan is going to be absolutely able to avoid the media and headlines and the gazillion of gawkers that follow her on social media since the news broke that she is dating Harry is to lock herself away in a convent in a remote rural village somewhere in France and preferably an order that doesn't allow contact with the outside world.

I'm sure she could find herself a nice nun habit in wardrobe. :D

I think if and when there is PR that is needed, I'm assuming that Meghan has an agent for that. The social media sites are her personal ones.

Younger actors are on social media. She have a group of fans out there and she interact with her fans through her social media.

Remember, she already have a media profile before it was officially known that she's in a relationship with Harry. No one should be wanting her to now shut her life down because she's dating him. She have her life to live and people shouldn't have a problem with it. This is her life.

I would suggest people stop following her on social media just because she's dating Harry. If you're a fan of her work as an actress and admire her philanthropy work, that's all different.

Other than the bannana the stuff she posts is what she always posts. Even the dog picture, if you look back in 2015 you will find the same union jack dog jumper. She has yet to say one word publically about Harry and I'm sure Harry is ok with her social media presence afterall this tour has relied heavily on social media even more than before. Maybe its the Meghan effect on their social media presence.

To even suggest, that she's supposed to close down all social media because she's dating Harry is crazy. They're not engaged, they have not been seen together, but she has to change her life around just because she's dating Harry. Crazy.

Someone commented on the daily fail comments section, that if the paparazzi bothered her, she should do her shopping online. And she's attention seeking going out in the first place.

:previous: agreed. Social media is a reality. You will be hard pressed to find a celebrity today who doesn't have it. Well anyone under seventy and betty white probably does. The days when you could rely on an agent to get interviews and events and that was enough ate long gone. Even royals are seeing the power of social media. People thinking she should delete her accounts and blog, are loving a decade ago. She shouldn't have to sacrifice her career for a new relationship.

there are so many actors with social media accounts from young to old. It is the new normal as many actors now tweet their fans while their show is on. Meghan is not doing anything out of the ordinary, it is the new normal.

:previous: agreed. Social media is a reality. You will be hard pressed to find a celebrity today who doesn't have it. Well anyone under seventy and betty white probably does. The days when you could rely on an agent to get interviews and events and that was enough ate long gone. Even royals are seeing the power of social media. People thinking she should delete her accounts and blog, are loving a decade ago. She shouldn't have to sacrifice her career for a new relationship.

If you are being harassed as she was ( Harry told us she was )the first thing she would be told would not be on social media for a while.
I'm not living a decade ago I know the world is on line myself included.
A photo of her dog in a jumper with a Union Jack on it is going to bring a lot more followers and trolls ( I know she put a similar photo up a long time ago so why do it again now )with it comes the terrible replies and Kate is dragged into. If you think the comments on the daily mail are bad the ones on personal accounts on line are worse. She will have gotten a lot more followers than pre Harry and lot more bullying trolls her choice but then you can't complain. You invite people into your life

You are living a decade ago if you think she can just disappear. Shopping online and closing social media will do nothing but cause the media to go crazy looking for her. She has a career and it relies on her public image.

Wake up. Celebrity fans live On social media. They live to ge pictures of dogs and turkey sandwich hints. The more followers, the more likely she is to say get other jobs, helps her profile. Asking her to disappear is asking her to destroy her career prospects for a brand new relationship. Unlike Kate who was willing to not to work and wait around for years, Meghan has a career and her other activities to think of and not simply Harry.

Last edited:
If I remember correctly, Harry mentioned racial undertones, harassing her mother, and trying to break into her home. If she gets racist abuse on social media, of course it should be called out.

Many actors promote themselves through social media, it's part of today's pop culture. Harry, or anyone, would be out of line to even suggest that she shut it down for a few month long relationship. A relationship, that many people don't even think will last, but she should change her life around for it anyway.

It also sounds awfully like victim blaming to tell her what she has to change, so she won't get harassed. She has done nothing wrong, she shouldn't have to change.

We all know, that if this relationship lasts, they get engaged etc, she will have to do huge changes in her life, closing her social media down being one of the minor changes. But to demand she change already, 6 months or so into the relationship is just not right.

The Daily Mail doesn't have photos yet of Harry and Meghan. That's the big one that they are really waiting for. Then they can write their headlines. Until then all the tabloids are scratching around like hens in a farmyard.

In case you didn't know what she's up to yesterday. Same headline writer for Pippa

Meghan Markle struggles to hide her smile while carrying a fresh bouquet | Daily Mail Online

Thank goodness for the mail informing me that it's flowers she's carrying not like her shopping trip when people got upset because all they could see was toilet paper.
Where would we be without the daily mail and it's update about " what's Meghan got today ". Another couple of months of this plus a bit of instra in jokes and goodness we might look to Trump for light relief
Call me when she's flashing the ring

The biggest mistake that Meghan could ever make is changing who she is because of who she is dating. I've already seen the change in how she is perceived just in a recent post. "Prince Harry's girlfriend, Meghan Markle....".
I seriously doubt that she's up for a role in a movie just because she's dating Harry.

Like a lot of celebrities and high profile people, Meghan probably has social media sites that are public but also has a private account also. She probably uses the public one to post to people that follow her and the private one to talk to her friends. Harry included.

I know Facebook pages can be public or private and Twitter doesn't seem to be private at all and know nothing really about Instagram. I agree with the statement that social media is the new normal and its not going away anytime soon.

Last edited:
Oh, no-one takes any notice of the DM. Except for its photographs it's just a ridiculous newspaper.

She can have a private Instagram account and most likely does as well as her fan based one

Twitter allows you to protect your tweets so only the people you allow can see them. So you can definitely still be online via social media but with tighter private settings so everyone can't see everything.

While I think that it would be better of Meghan protected her social media for any good reason, I see why (even if I don't agree) she is not taking any measure: she is an actress, and not in the same "private person" mode Chelsy or Cressida were, more or less.

What people have to understand is that Meghan is an actress, is acting in a TV series, has fans and thousands of followers. Why should she close her social networks? And she is not posting anything about the relationship, people who are guessing things, even the bananas I didn't find anything too much.

While I think that it would be better of Meghan protected her social media for any good reason, I see why (even if I don't agree) she is not taking any measure: she is an actress, and not in the same "private person" mode Chelsy or Cressida were, more or less.

The more I think about it, the more I'm inclined to think that the social media pages that the public can access is where she'll just post general information, photos and nothing indicative of her private life (well... other than those bananas I heard about). She most likely does have other accounts that has very secure privacy settings and most likely under a pseudonym.

As has been stated before, she's been running these social media accounts and her blog long before she even met Harry and there's really no need to change what she has been doing. All public pages are subject to idiots, flamers and trolls. Hers just attracts more basically because she is an actress in a relatively successful TV series who is dating a man that has been deemed the "most eligible bachelor in the world" by some accounts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom