Prince Harry: Relationship Suggestions and Musings 2016-2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The media is the one hounding her family. It all will be fine though. Nothing will harm the couple unless the couple give an interview and give very personal info, of which should be private.

The firm knows they're dealing with a new media system when it comes to personal relationships.

True, did'nt the letter mention bribing family and ex husbands.....this is par for the course and just how it has always been. If Kate can survive that fake friend who owns that sex shop, Meghan can withstand half brothers and sisters looking to make a quick buck.

This (PM's comment) is the rather unfortunate consequence of releasing the statement confirming their relationship so soon before going on this tour.

No we haven't, at least not within the first month. WIlliam and Catherine dated for years.

Yes a cousin spoke out but not anyway near to what's coming out from Meghan's family.

No one was on Entertainment Tonight

To keep saying we went through this with Kate's family just isn't accurate.

I'm not saying it was from Catherine immediate family, but we did hear from a cousin, her uncle, old school chums and past friends. Especially after the split. Lots of people were talking and offering opinions. There were word from unnamed sources too.

Yes, some did appear on ET and other media shows.

I've been following the royals for years, and my memory is long. I'll never forget the endless debates about William and Catherine's relationship and what others were saying about them.

Again, the press do hound and press family and friends to say a little something. The paps do the same thing. We have been here before. Nothing to be alarmed about.

I guess it's all relative. William and Catherine dated for 9 years. Harry and Meghan for a 'few months'

Meghan's family have talked more in the last few weeks than Kate's family did in years.

We certainly didn't hear a peep from Carole, Mike, Pippa or James.

I guess it's all relative. William and Catherine dated for 9 years. Harry and Meghan for a 'few months'

Meghan's family have talked more in the last few weeks than Kate's family did in years.

It's because William and Catherine were given a great deal of time to date at university and her family learned about the art of royal discretion early on.

I would suggest the media stop looking for Meghan's family and her family stop looking for the media. Folks just need to leave the girl alone for crying out load.

Then again, this is how dating is for the young royals in this day and age.

The big story is if Harry or Meghan comes out with an interview and mention their relationship. All this stuff you see now is pretty small and not important. The two biggest stories to come out so far and mean anything was Harry's official statement and her sighting at Kensington Palace.

As it said before, once their relationship was officially confirmed by the letter, the media and others will go after her and her family.

Last edited:

Meghan's immediate family...her mom and dad have kept quiet....

The fringe members....that half sister and brother from the dad's 1st marriage have dollar signs in their eyes. Funny the sister started out by shaming Meg about taking care of her. Family memebers like that are a DRAIN!!!

That sister was 17 years older...I doubt they where close at all.

Meghan's immediate family...her mom and dad have kept quiet....

The fringe members....that half sister and brother from the dad's 1st marriage have dollar signs in their eyes. Funny the sister started out by shaming Meg about taking care of her. Family memebers like that are a DRAIN!!!

That sister was 17 years older...I doubt they where close at all.

Not sure it's about "dollar signs", but some other family members wanting to straighten out some reporting and they are getting calls from press offices. We have to remember the media is calling them. Some will take the bait and others will not.

I would imagine that Meghan's half siblings and whomever else the media has been pumping for information kind of feel blindsided and like a deer caught in the headlights. Up until now, they've all led a life of being pretty obscure and even with Meghan's rise in the entertainment industry, there probably was no interest in her familial background to be of any note.

Now they face a media that wants to be the first to report to the world if Meghan sneezes. They've gone from being ordinary, everyday people of relatively no importance in a world that categorizes people in "lists" to being related to someone who is perhaps one of the most sought after women in the world today because she is involved with a man who is the grandson of the most recognized and loved Queen in the known world, is top news all on his own when he sneezes and had someone who is perhaps the most photographed woman of her time as his mother.

I would bet my defrosting turkey in the refrigerator that none of these people that are quasi related to Meghan have even had the opportunity to meet the man Meghan is involved with let alone actually know anything about her relationship with him. I'm sure that if I was plummeted into the media frenzy that surrounds Meghan right now, my cousin, who I've not seen or heard of in over 25 years, wouldn't really have much of importance to relay to the media about me but would feel obligated to at least acknowledge knowing me and maybe remember the time at Aunt Gertrude's wedding eons ago that I spilled grape juice all over the bride's dress.

Being media savvy when you least expect the media to be even remotely to be even interested in you or even have never paid much attention to said media can shell shock a person into deep confusion and trip them up to say things without the chance to prepare one for the implications and the backlash that can follow.

I think there's a cultural difference at play. The Middletons are British and were taught to have high regard for the BRF and to be discreet. It's why Diana's public war against the BRF caused so much shock, it went against the formula. Meghan's family are American, The Queen isn't their head of State, they probably just see her as a stodgy old lady with corgis. Harry is equal to Meghan in their eyes, they might even see her as superior to Harry, so they're letting their viewpoints be heard.

I don't have a problem with them talking about the couple. Meghan is their blood. Harry rightly or wrongly has decided to be in a relationship with her, making him fair game for their input. The only part I don't like is when they talk about other royals like George, Charlotte etc.. These other royals had no choice in Harry's romantic pursuits, and they shouldn't be exploited by being included in these media statements by her family. Bad form, there.

... I would bet my defrosting turkey in the refrigerator that none of these people that are quasi related to Meghan have even had the opportunity to meet the man Meghan is involved with let alone actually know anything about her relationship with him...

In the interest of context, turkey is dead cheap at this time of year. A nice frozen 14 pounder at my local mega mart is coming in at 60 cents a pound or less than 7 British Pounds total. To compare, ground beef is about $5.oo/lb and 14 lbs of it would run 56 British Pounds.
That does not count the fact that an undefrosted bird on Thursday has almost no value. One is forced to get up before the sun rises and run cold water in a stream over until it de-ices. That is, IF it de-ices.
I had to do this, Osipi! :lol::lol::lol:

Gotcha on the turkey shopping expedition. Got a 14 pounder at .39 cents a pound here.

Turkeys make the holiday. They get to go swimming, get stuffed with a good blend of stuffing stuffs with good herbs and seasoning and whatever else can be thrown into the mix and go camping in a tent in a very warm environment for a good amount of time and then make a whole lot of people very very happy and satisfied.

Hmmm.... how can this post stay relevant to the topic at hand? Lessee.... I got it! Its hard for Harry and Meghan's relationship to soar like an eagle when they have to deal with so many turkeys afoot. :whistling:

"Meghan Markle half-sister compares her to Princess Diana"

Meghan Markle's sister compares her to Princess Diana

OK. I have to admit at first that from the title of this article and not being overly familiar with Female First (I actually confused it with Daily Femail part of the Daily Mail) and seeing the words "compared to Princess Diana" and "half sister" I was tempted to just bypass this link but after reading it, I'm glad I didn't.

Samantha Grant did point out the various ways that Meghan reminds her of the late Diana, Princess of Wales and from reading the blips from an essay written for Elle UK, I can see the similarities were well made. Meghan seems to be very much a woman of substance who genuinely wants to give back and make a difference where she can. A lot of people will just see "actress" and "steamy scenes in Suits" and think this represents the sum total of who this person is.

I'm starting to think that Harry has found a gold mine in the dating stakes. To quote an old fashioned song, he's found "a girl just like the girl that married dear old dad" in his eyes. :D

http://www.hellomagazine.com/celebri...s-giving-back/

I like the quotes coming from this woman. This one was made even before she met and started a relationship with Harry. To me, it sounds even like something Harry would say.

"Who you are as a person will only be amplified once you are 'famous' so if you had a good heart then, I would imagine you'll have the same good heart, but the means to do even more with it."

They've both been involved in humanitarian causes in Africa and from the recent articles it looks like she's really wanting to start a family to be "grounded in one place". So many boxes are being ticked off by me for reasons these two people are suited for each other.

And she has rescue dogs. Ahhh Harry! You've found a prize to go with the dogs I told you that you needed!! :D

Last edited:
Meghans the poor persons Angelina Jolie :p

Every C-list celebrity is an 'activist' and 'humanitarian' nowadays.

They make the obligatory trip to Africa to be photographed with children. It gets them lots of publicity and they feel better about themselves.

They say all the right things. Social justice for all, blah. blah, blah.

In this respect Meghan is indistinguishable from any other 'right on' actress.

Not really. Some are willing to walk the walk, not just talk the talk. Many don't talk at all about any causes. I'd rather have actresses who are involved in charities, than not.

They make the obligatory trip to Africa to be photographed with children. It gets them lots of publicity and they feel better about themselves.

Its kind of ironic how these words have often been applied to working royals too now and then.

Personally I don't see where just because someone is "famous" or "royal" or on a alphabetical list somewhere that it automatically deems them as being shallow people out for their own publicity.

I agree it doesn't automatically make them shallow. But celebrities and 'hollywood' types are notorious for their 'activism' and 'humanitarian' work.

It's as much about self promotion as anything else. It's rare to find someone in Hollywood who isn't a self described 'humanitarian'

There are plenty of people who work for good causes and are also in show business. It doesn't always follow that these actors and actresses are self-seeking at all.

I think it definitely helps that Meghan has been involved in charity work both in Africa and for the UN. Of course it's very different doing the sort of charity work that the BRF involve themselves in, but at least there seems to be a willingness there to seek out challenges and try to do something about them. If Meghan joins Harry in a trip to Lesotho in the next few weeks he will be able to show her the progress being made by Sentabale, and that will be fabulous. She has already been to Rawanda.

Last edited:
I agree it doesn't automatically make them shallow. But celebrities and 'hollywood' types are notorious for their 'activism' and 'humanitarian' work.

It's as much about self promotion as anything else. It's rare to find someone in Hollywood who isn't a self described 'humanitarian'

The girl simply want to make a difference. If you bother listening to her, she has been interested in making a difference in the world since she was a kid. Her profession is being an actress, but her job give her a plate form to do some amazing things for other people.

Not a huge fan of Ms. Jolie-Pitt at the moment but she has done a heck of a lot more than take politically correct publicity photos.

She and her estranged husband have used their considerable influence and fame to shine the spotlight on some very real problems in the Third World..genocide, displacement of refugees, exploitation of women and girls.

They have backed up those blah blah photos with millions upon millions of their personal fortune.

They are also responsible for providing housing to the people of Louisiana in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina.

They have talked the talk AND walked the walk, in other words.

If that is the kind of "right on" actress Ms. Markle aspires to be she is in great company. We need more of that kind of "blah blah blah political correctness" not less, imo.

Last edited:
Thankfully some artists do social work, otherwise the world would be worse than it already is. And to say they do this to promote themselves, sorry, but I think a poisonous and stingy comment. what matters,They have already changed thousands of lives with charity

Where would the world be without Hollywood luvvies preaching to the rest of humanity

For me, we would all be better off without Angelina, George Clooney, Emma Watson et al and their politically correct mumbo jumbo.

Meghan is harmless enough. She eats kale and does yoga. She tells people to vote. She travels to Africa.

She just needs to practice scientology and she has all the boxes checked.

I'd rather have the Angelinas and Clooneys doing what they do than the Charlton Hestons and their incoherent quasi-senile blathering that don't inspire or help anyone in a tangible way.

Unless you believe implying that Almighty God is a rifle toting right winger is a great service to humanity.

Not a fan of Hollywood, but to each his/her own. I think Meghan has her priorities just right.

Last edited:
Let's stay on topic.

Yes, Moonmaiden, so do I. Meghan is already used to working with international charitable organisations, is intelligent, confident and can deliver a good speech or two! Nothing wrong with that at all, actress or no! She's an attractive woman as well. IF she and Harry wed then I'm sure Meghan will try to continue make a difference as a member of the BRF.

I don't recall Harry's friends or family speaking out.

It appears just about everyone close to Prince Harry and Meghan Markle approves of the relationship!

Harry confirmed he was dating the gorgeous 35-year-old actress earlier this month, and in a new interview, Meghan's Suits co-star, Sarah Rafferty, gives her two cents on the new couple.

"I don't comment on my castmates' personal lives, but of course, it's very exciting," Sarah tells the AP. "And I'm very happy for her."
Read more: Meghan Markle's 'Suits' Co-Star Sarah Rafferty Talks Prince Harry Relationship: 'It's Very Exciting'

Meghan's sister on ET last night to set the record straight!

Meghan's sister was on ET last night to set the record straight. There is no real family conflict. They got into an argument 5 or 6 years ago over their parents. Meghan took her mother's side and her sister took their father's. They were out of touch for a while but talked last week she said. She also told Meghan, that she was so proud of her. She got teary eyed and emotional. She said that the person that interviewed her lied and twisted what she said etc. She never said anything negative about her.

She came forward she said because she did not want lies about their family impacting Meghan's relationship with Harry.

Meghan's sister also said that this stuff needs to stop and that Harry and Meghan are entitled to their privacy. She is 100% spot on! She is SO RIGHT!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom