Prince Harry: Relationship Suggestions and Musings 2016-2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I also don't understand why some people still doubt the relationship. Why would Harry tell the whole world that he's dating her if it were not true?

I think the anticipation of seeing the couple out and about together for the very first time is getting to people.

Just be patient folks. That day will come.

Honestly, I think the people delusional about this relationship probably spent too much time on Tumblr and believe Harry hasn't met the one. In other words: themselves.

I mean, Tumblr also still believes Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart are married and raising 2 children together in secret. They're quite a bunch.

It always amazes me on social media there stances on this relationship...If men are jealous of Harry they always claim Charles isn't his father(Which I think he is growing into the spitting image of with exception to the spencer family hair :ermm: ) and the women who are jealous of Meghan will call her ugly,a social climber or that she looks like a man,will bring up her marital status and even will say "why couldn't he find a white girl" ...Her mother may be black but she is lighter in person than most white women.This hatred isn't even honestly about race.It's jealousy which I don't get.Don't they see Harry looking so down playing 3rd wheel to William and Catherine...He is always left out and has found a serious potential partner but many Brits don't think she is for him AFTER the man walked up to her and asked for her number...He chose/pursued her,she wasn't staking out a prince like Catherine-I like her but its true,sorry. I don't see how she can be a social climber when she has already made it to the top.She is Successful,A Millionaire,A world Ambassador,and she has 1.3 millions Instagram followers.People like her and want to be in tune with her life obviously.She doesn't need the title princess in front of her name because she already does the things a princess does.....She knows who she is and he knows who she is so the people on social media will have to trust their judgement.Also the people on social media saying the queen "won't allow it"...I think Meghan and Harry together would be doing more philanthropic work than William and Catherine combined,they genuinely enjoy doing it and the queen will admire that.If the queen would let her divorced children remarry it shouldn't be a problem for Harry.It doesn't seem like a problem for this family to accept,I think they will just want him happy and he seems happy so I'm sure they are.I mean seriously,it's not like she was married 10+ years.If was a long term relationship that turned into a short marriage.Not a big deal.People make mistakes.

It's been less than two weeks since the relationship was confirmed, and Harry is smack dab in the middle of "easy to keep a private life away from cameras" season, since his set aren't really holding social events outdoors right now (polo games, etc.) I'd be really surprised if we saw photos of them together before ski trip season.

That said, both of them are at a stage in life where a lot of couples are able to see very quickly if a relationship has legs or not. I'm not talking about anyone's fertility -- just to be clear! I just mean that they've lived enough adult life to have settled into really knowing their likes and dislikes, both about the way they want a relationship to work and how they want to live their lives.

Plus, their lives are so complicated that it has to be a lot of work for them to see each other. I have a gut feeling these two will either get serious rather quickly or break up before long, if only because there are too many moving pieces for a more casual relationship to work. And if it is a move towards getting serious, the speed isn't necessarily a bad thing, regardless of the track record in his extended family.

Elizabeth and Philip took a long time, yes, but that's partly because she was still a child when she fell in love with him. Charles and Anne's current courtships were long because divorce is complicated; Edward's may have been longer than he liked to put some space between the annus horribilis and his happy day. What's more, the fast courtships that lead to rough marriages also had the complicating factors of including either (a) one individual who hadn't finished maturing yet or (b) personalities that were never going to be bound for smooth sailing. Moving fast didn't help in those situations, but it wasn't the root problem, either.

Radio Presenter Chris Evans confirmed it was her and also Not everyone can walk straight through the gates of Kensington like that.

I believe it was Meghan. But I have read comments from people on social media who are sceptical because the palace gate where Meghan is standing in one of the photos is closed! People are suspicious that it was just a PR exercise on Meghan's behalf as she went to shop at a store so near to the offices of the DM.

Someone should tell the guy who was seen from the Google Street View van entering the park from that very gate that he shouldn't be doing that.

As for the gate being closed, while it looks to me from the pictures like the car gate is closed, the pedestrian gate looks open.

And, certainly, the gates are open in every single street view taken from 2008 to 2015. It'd be surprising if they were closed on that one day.

the gates are open

Indeed that gate is permanently open as another gate [with the security checkpoint] is set further back towards the private entrance to the Palace 'compound'.. ANYBODY may walk through that particular gate.

It always amazes me on social media there stances on this relationship...If men are jealous of Harry they always claim Charles isn't his father(Which I think he is growing into the spitting image of with exception to the spencer family hair :ermm: ) and the women who are jealous of Meghan will call her ugly,a social climber or that she looks like a man,will bring up her marital status and even will say "why couldn't he find a white girl" ...Her mother may be black but she is lighter in person than most white women.This hatred isn't even honestly about race.It's jealousy which I don't get.Don't they see Harry looking so down playing 3rd wheel to William and Catherine...He is always left out and has found a serious potential partner but many Brits don't think she is for him AFTER the man walked up to her and asked for her number...He chose/pursued her,she wasn't staking out a prince like Catherine-I like her but its true,sorry. I don't see how she can be a social climber when she has already made it to the top.She is Successful,A Millionaire,A world Ambassador,and she has 1.3 millions Instagram followers.People like her and want to be in tune with her life obviously.She doesn't need the title princess in front of her name because she already does the things a princess does.....She knows who she is and he knows who she is so the people on social media will have to trust their judgement.Also the people on social media saying the queen "won't allow it"...I think Meghan and Harry together would be doing more philanthropic work than William and Catherine combined,they genuinely enjoy doing it and the queen will admire that.If the queen would let her divorced children remarry it shouldn't be a problem for Harry.It doesn't seem like a problem for this family to accept,I think they will just want him happy and he seems happy so I'm sure they are.I mean seriously,it's not like she was married 10+ years.If was a long term relationship that turned into a short marriage.Not a big deal.People make mistakes.

These people who point out faults and offend others in social media are bitter and unhappy people who offend others to discharge their frustrations.

It seems to me, that after the statement Harry put out, the tone of reporting about Meghan has changed. I'm betting her mother has been left alone, and no more break in attempts have been made. Also, she seems to have a good group of friends, exes etc, because none have sold her out to the press. They only have her sister's comments, which I understand, were taken from her facebook page, they were posted a while back, and her few tweets clarifying it all. I'm going to say, that it was a good call from him to make the statement.

Meghan's association with Harry and the BRF looks to be a win for her

“It will be extremely commercially beneficial for her, both as a star and as a personal brand for broader commercial efforts like this,” said Robert Haigh, marketing and communications director at London-based consultancy Brand Finance, which calculates the financial value of brands.

....“It’s positively impacted her brand. … One could argue that she was not a household name. She’s not an A-lister,” said Kevin Adler, president of Chicago-based Engage Marketing, which consults with companies thinking about using celebrities and athletes as spokespeople.
Read more: As Meghan Markle’s star rises, can Reitmans take advantage of a halo effect? - The Globe and Mail

Well, that's good. Even if they break up Meghan can assist the Reitman brand and take up offers elsewhere. If she and Harry marry then she will eventually have to give up her career. Until they get engaged however, she is a free agent. Meghan has said nothing to publicise this romance. Naturally people are interested and it was the media storm originally started by Camilla T that forced Harry to act, and confirm they were boyfriend/girlfriend, so Meghan can hardly be accused of gold-digging.

Last edited:
It reads as, Reitmans MIGHT benefit most. I have no doubt Meghan is getting all kinds of offers, though, but I think her hands are tied a bit, I don't think she can take many.

HMQ will simply LOVE that....

She hasn't done anything to publicise her romance with Harry, though, or profit by it. If it becomes serious the Queen would probably be glad that Harry's girlfriend has a profession that she's worked at for years, and a blog that has made money that she began years ago. It shows initiative, IMO.

The media and others will accuse her of gaining extra benefits for being Harry's girlfriend because she's an actress. If people bothered to look, Meghan already have a nice public profile and have been on the media scene for awhile now.

For some odd reason, people always seem to think the royals don't have legitimate relationships. They think the royals are always being used and abused.

Catherine used to be accused of using William to climb the social ladder, she liked to smile at the camera too much, and just wanted some attention.

Since the break up, people have said the same thing about Dave Clark.

Last edited:
:previous:

Not all royal girlfriends are created equal in the sense they will benefit financially from dating a prince.

Of course Harry can have legitimate relationships but that doesn't change the fact that an actress or celebrity has much more to gain from dating him than someone without a public profile.

Meghan Markle is a brand and the publicity gained from dating Harry helps her brand.

All previous royal girlfriends and spouses have to through the scrutiny so I don't think Meghan should be exempt from it.

Last edited:
:previous:

Not all royal girlfriends are created equal in the sense they will benefit financially from dating a prince.

Of course Harry can have legitimate relationships but that doesn't change the fact that an actress or celebrity has much more to gain from dating him than someone without a public profile.

Meghan Markle is a brand and the publicity gained from dating Harry helps her brand.

All previous royal girlfriends and spouses have to through the scrutiny so I don't think Meghan should be exempt from it.

Yes, I know Meghan will go through some scrutiny for dating Harry. Especially, since she's an accomplished actress. I'm just saying the media and folks online will start accusing her of cashing in on her royal connections.

The same was said about Cressida.

Of course there's the attention though. It comes with the territory. I just hope everyone will respect the fact that Meghan is already successful, despite dating Harry.

I don't think anyone deserves the scrutiny, but it's going to happen, so IMO it balances out if there's some benefit too.

I don't think anyone deserves the scrutiny, but it's going to happen, so IMO it balances out if there's some benefit too.

No, no one derserves this kind of scrutiny, but some people think it's all justified since one decide to get involved with these high profile royals. Also, some people enjoy going after these women.

I am now questioning this relationship but only on Harry's part...He met Meghan in late may/early june but he was talking to that Burberry Model Sarah Ann Macklin around that time too...I can only assume Meghan and Harry got serious after he "Branded" her with his bracelets like Chelsy and Cressida had and that was late August...The model never got branded with his bracelets from what I can see but is it normal to date 2 women at once because it feels wrong...It's just weird that they still follow each other on Instagram.I know they said they were still on friendly terms ...I hope Prince Harry is not still a playboy,even his father settled down around his age...He is just getting too old for that and Meghan seems really sweet so I don't want him to hurt her and start seeing someone else while he is with her.I don't know him personally and apparently his Instagram has Meghan all over it but harry seems to have a system...Ask for a girls number and beg her for a date through texts and then starts showering her with flowers and dinners...I hope Meghan is different for him because I like her and I'm sure she wants to be settled for good.It seems only the special ones get the bracelets and him and the model only had a few dates but who knows...

I am now questioning this relationship but only on Harry's part...He met Meghan in late may/early june but he was talking to that Burberry Model Sarah Ann Macklin around that time too...I can only assume Meghan and Harry got serious after he "Branded" her with his bracelets like Chelsy and Cressida had and that was late August...The model never got branded with his bracelets from what I can see but is it normal to date 2 women at once because it feels wrong...It's just weird that they still follow each other on Instagram.I know they said they were still on friendly terms ...I hope Prince Harry is not still a playboy,even his father settled down around his age...He is just getting too old for that and Meghan seems really sweet so I don't want him to hurt her and start seeing someone else while he is with her.I don't know him personally and apparently his Instagram has Meghan all over it but harry seems to have a system...Ask for a girls number and beg her for a date through texts and then starts showering her with flowers and dinners...I hope Meghan is different for him because I like her and I'm sure she wants to be settled for good.It seems only the special ones get the bracelets and him and the model only had a few dates but who knows...

Only the statement he gave, admitting to the entire world that is dating Meghan, already shows his interest and seriousness toward her. I don't know to what extent the story with this model was true.

Wow. I go without internet connection for 10 days and I return to confirmation of the Harry/Meghan relationship and a whole lot of discussion. :D

Personally, I think its fantastic these two are giving it a shot to see where it takes them. They are both very strong, independent people as individuals and have more accomplishments under their belts than most 30 somethings do. With the involvement that Meghan has had with her career and her different interests, she's more suited to be able to handle the pack of wolves that is called the media than most women would be. With having her own interests and involvements, she wouldn't be the type of a person that had to be in Harry's back pocket 24/7 and this would bode well should they marry. Meghan probably would take to doing royal engagements like a duck takes to water and excel at them. I think Meghan and Harry would make a wonderful team together.

I am mostly happy for Harry as in choosing someone to be a big part of his private life, his heart told him that he meshed well with this woman, he enjoys being with her and they connect in ways that only they can really understand and if it is to be that they spend the rest of their lives together, more power to them.

I had to laugh going through some of the previous posts about Meghan "passing for white" and looking like a sun worshiper and such. When we really think about it, a lot of importance is put on tan lines and there's a fortune being made in tanning salons and tanning products. Meghan just happened to come naturally into a very beautiful complexion and doesn't really have to work at it. I also think she is the best looking companion that Harry has had to date and he's got good taste.

Regarding the dating timeline, I often see people discounting the time when Harry was in Africa. Even during his time in Africa although not physically together they could of called each other or facetimed each other and perhaps having that period to know each other as friends helped accelerate their relationship once he returned.....just a thought.

Was'nt Meghan involved in a "its complicated" relationship at the time. I imagine that Harry was single and free to mingle and he meets alot of beautiful women all the time, but Meghan was kinda with somebody and Harry was with kinda somebody and when they both got out of those relationships they got together.

Last edited by a moderator:
No-one really knows when this relationship started. I don't think it started in Toronto in May, simply because Harry was only there for one day. If they did meet it would simply have been a 'Hallo and Goodbye' sort of thing. Meghan was with her chef boyfriend in May but by June they had split up.

Meghan was in England in June, which was when she met up with Piers Morgan for drinks and was then seen with Harry at the Soho House in Gloucestershire. They were meeting I think over the summer, which eventually gave Camilla T the scoop. I don't think Harry was serious about Meghan in June, as he was also pursuing this English model, apparently.

Harry left England for Africa in late July and was there until September. However, up till late July he was a free agent. Who knows whether they met in July? I think they must have done because Camilla said that his team at KP was informed about Meghan in August and they were told, seemingly, that the romance was serious. However, unless she went to Africa in August, possible but unlikely, whatever there is between them seems to have begun earlier. (July?)

Last edited:
I think they both seem to move on quickly with new relationships not always a good idea. Overlapping relationships doesn't give you time to work out what went wrong so you continue to make the same mistakes.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Maybe Meghan did with this one, though I did read a Toronto Star report that said the relationship with the chef had been under strain for some months before it finished in May.

However, with Harry there were years between serious girlfriend number one Chelsy and serious gf number two Cressida B (many years if like me you think that the relationship basically ended on a holiday in Feb 2009 and ignore the reconciliations and breakups that occurred between then and the Spring of 2011 when Chelsy attended the Royal wedding and the party afterwards.) Then there was more than a year after that before Cressida was noted by the Press. They were supposed to have met in May 2012 at a music festival before Harry went to Afghanistan in 2012, (introduced by Eugenie.)

There has also been a long time between Cressida and Meghan, if you discount the Press reporting that they were reconciling all the time. He and Cress broke up just before Guy Pelly's wedding in the Spring of 2014, as Cressida was widely tipped to attend. So it's been more than two years since Harry last had a serious girlfriend.

Last edited:
Your right about Harry but I meant the model he was supposed to be seeing before/ sometime as Meghan

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

We don't know what part, if any, of the story about the other model is true though, beyond a bit of texting perhaps. And even if it is, it appears to me that Harry was in single mode throughout much of the early summer. Just because he was seen with Meghan at Soho House in June doesn't mean she was his girlfriend and they were deep in a relationship. He could have been with a large party of friends, perhaps she was with others and they met there. We really don't know. It's just my opinion/feeling but I do think the Meghan/Harry relationship deepened in some way in July, before Africa. By that time the model was forgotten.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom