The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2016, 06:39 AM
Super Moderator

Yes indeed:

I am glad this statement has been issued and that the matter will no longer be subject to rumour and speculation. I only hope that Harry and Meghan can continue to develop their relationship as they wish.

Old 11-08-2016, 07:06 AM
Majesty

I understand the statement but in the churning minds of sociopathic tabloid editors a warning can easily be perceived as a dare. They will harass Meghan even more just to prove a point.

Tabloids certainty aren't going to back off

Old 11-08-2016, 07:26 AM
Heir Apparent

I wish Harry and Meghan all the best in their relationship and that now have time to enjoy themselves without media attention.
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 11-08-2016, 07:28 AM
Heir Presumptive

I agree this won't stop anything. But I'm going to try and not post on this topic again. I say try because I'm not sure I will be able to resist.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 11-08-2016, 07:31 AM
Courtier

Oh no... I must say I hoped Harry would have some sense. And no, I don't care what nationality, ethnicity etc. Harry's girlfriend is, I just feel terribly disappointed that most younger royals seem to go after people with narcissistic tendencies. I guess no-one else is interested in the title anymore.
Old 11-08-2016, 07:36 AM
Heir Apparent

Prince Harry: Relationship Suggestions and Musings 2016

I don't think this will do much. Social media has no rules basically. Where there was still some doubt about the relationship but now with KP confirming it. That's all gone. So she will become a target for 3 countries media-US, Canada and U.K. The paparazzi will now be trying to get that first picture of them together for big money. The TMZs of the world don't care what KP says. KP can't do anything thing about them.

This statement kind of reminds me of the statement about the paparazzi pictures of George & Charlotte last summer. However those two are small kids who had no choice to be born who they are. Meghan is a grown adult who chose to date a Prince.

Diana onwards to Kate, they all get the press prying treatment. I don't think the press will just stop because Harry asked them too.

Ideally the situation would be much better if they could have kept unwraps longer. I wonder who Camilla Tominey's source for the initial story was.

Old 11-08-2016, 07:58 AM
Heir Apparent

Prince Harry condemns abuse of girlfriend Meghan Markle | Daily Mail Online

There will be more and more of this, for as long as the relationship endures.
Old 11-08-2016, 07:59 AM
Heir Apparent

I wish the couple well. I think this statement was issued because the tabloid attention and speculation in the media was just getting out of hand with no sign of it stopping. I hope the two of them get some peace and quiet and time to themselves in the future, but I doubt it. The next thing the tabs will be baying for will be an engagement, and then Camilla T and co. will be booking the Abbey!
Old 11-08-2016, 08:12 AM
Majesty

mmm... interesting press release.

am i the only one who read the press release in its entirety and found it a most strange statement? the informal tone it is written in, the specificities, the 'let's break the news out - yes, it is his GIRLFRIEND, meghan'. it is just not the done thing. i even doubt kensington ever confirmed that harry was going out with any of his previous girlfriends, cressida and chelsy, and they went out for a long time. what made them release this makes me extremely curious. it is a strange move.

anyway, if by releasing this they thought they would decrease media pressure on her and her circle, they've done the exact opposite. in doing so they confirmed their relationship and as a result, more and more will come. this is only just the start.

it is strange they would release this - as if they didn't know how diana and kate were harrased by the paps. are they seriously expecting a press release to stop all that behaviour? i thought they (kensington palace, harry, meghan or whoever had the idea to do this) would know better.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 11-08-2016, 08:17 AM
Heir Apparent

Is this statement a way of preparing people for an engagement ???
Old 11-08-2016, 08:23 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by rominet09 View Post
Is this statement a way of preparing people for an engagement ???

I'm thinking so. This relationship was actually confirmed by Kensington.....strange
Old 11-08-2016, 08:33 AM

I don't think so. Meghan is a different ball game- she's a person of mixed heritage and much of the nasty comments were about her race. She's also divorced! *trolls clutch their pearls*.
Old 11-08-2016, 08:40 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
an engagement ???
Heaven forbid.. If they have been 'seeing one another' for a few Months [and 'Long distance'] how can they POSSIBLY have laid the groundwork for the MASSIVE change marriage would bring to both their lives ..

'Marry in haste, repent at leisure'..
Old 11-08-2016, 08:44 AM
Majesty

There are people on TRF still today who think Kate is unsuitable as a bride simply because her parents had the nerve to becomes self made millionaires in their 30s.

It may not be fair but Meghan's life will be picked apart. Including her past relationships and career. What her parents do or don't do. The whole shebang.
Old 11-08-2016, 08:54 AM
Heir Apparent

We saw it all with Kate. They combed through her life , tried to get stories from old school mates, explored the family history. Lucky for Kate, only thing found where the fashion show see through dress, James Middleton wearing his sister's dress and blabby Jessica Hay.

Rupert Finch probably got offered money to talk just like Meghan's exes. But being offered money for a story isn't illegal. Just say no.

Old 11-08-2016, 08:58 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

I understand where Harry comes from but this statement won't change anything. Meghan is an actress, a public person, feeding her instagram with private infos. Either she (and her family) is naive or clueless about the tabloids with relation to Harry.
I don't condone harrassment, not at all, but the sad truth is that it will continue.

The only way to end this is to become engaged with Meghan moving into KP. Her life as is was only a few days ago is over, either they split up or they become engaged. I don't think they will date like this for much longer as the press will be relentless.
Old 11-08-2016, 09:00 AM
Heir Apparent

There is a slight difference between the harassment suffered by Kate and by Chelsy Davy in the days of rampant papparazi and now, though. They had the British press pack to contend with, yes. However, Meghan is a US citizen living in a Canadian city. Therefore the British, Canadian and to a certain extent the US media, are interesting themselves in this, now and in the future.

I don't think Harry is under any illusion that the baying media pack are going to now calm themselves down with mugs of cocoa and a good lie-down.

However, the media preventing Meghan's mother from entering her home, hassling exes for paid stories, and other delightful actions were at least partly a result of Harry's side/ KP remaining silent. The KP press office and Harry realised that this furore wasn't stopping and therefore it was best that a statement be issued.

We don't know what her completely innocent mother, brother, ex husband etc have been going through in the past week and so KP decided that a statement would at least clear the air.
Old 11-08-2016, 09:10 AM
Heir Apparent

If I was Harry, I would be getting Meghan's mom Carole Middleton's number. The mom is in America. There is freedom of the press here. You can stand in a public space with a camera and ask people questions. That's what TMZ does every episode.

Old 11-08-2016, 09:15 AM
Majesty

I don't know anything about her family, but we've heard more from her people in ten days than we did from the Middletons in 8 years.

Maybe because Meghan is an actress and her father was in the industry as well, maybe her sister and nephew think there isn't anything wrong with speaking to the media.

If I were Meghan though, to the best of my ability I would circle the wagons and keep my head down for awhile.
Old 11-08-2016, 09:19 AM
Heir Apparent

Some Americans aren't knowledgable about the British media who've been trolling the neighbourhood apparently. The US media is just as bad. And her half brother confined himself to supportive statements and her half-sister later denied that she had said anything. Her mother stated that she was sorry she couldn't say anything.

How do we know that members of the media pack have been confining themselves to public places? They may well have been attempting to weasel their way onto private property. There were stories that reporters/photographers were on doorsteps and even trying to break into garages, forcing doors etc.