The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2016, 07:28 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish View Post
By "traditional" you'll find Duc means "a member of a foreign royal family or at worse some English noble's daughter."

If Duc had his way, William would have married Madeleine of Sweden, while Harry would be engaged to Alexandra of Luxembourg (who of course would be converting to Anglicanism).
Yes, note he puts Cressida in a different pool. She is with thecharlotte Wellesley, amanda knatchbull and that category. Even though she is an actress or dancer, depending what year you ask her, and known party life, she is a very suitable bride. Why? Because her mothers aristocratic roots erase her own shortcomings. Now if only Meghan had a earl for a grandfather, all could be forgiven. Heck even poor autumn is being drug through the mud though her husband is a private citizen who doesn't even have a title. I guess even remote royals have to marry aristocrats

Old 11-06-2016, 09:37 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrik-Jan77 View Post
Hear hear! I could not agree more. It is all a big IF but I think Meghan is just not the type of person that will fit into the role as senior member of the Royal Family. We will see but I predict trouble. All that talk about bringing the Royals closer to the public and make the Royal Family more relevant. The Monarchy is an ancient institution and I like the people in it to look up to. There has to be distance otherwise it is just like watching the Kardashians to me. Criticise me all you want but that is how I feel.
Same here.

While the BRF has had a bad streak in regards to marriages, it should take more than a title to engage respect. There should be more, much more and I wonder if whether or not Kate should have gotten into the RF. Kate spent her uni years living with William in his home (paid for by the taxpayers/RF) and she clubbed all the time and jet-setted while doing nothing. Then she gets a title and that is suddenly making her past drifting okay? That suddenly she's entirely respectable and due deference just because she has that HRH slapped on her name?

Old 11-07-2016, 01:14 AM
Heir Presumptive

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...EU-speech.html
Maybe Meghan should read this to see what belonging to the BRF means before she gets too involved

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 11-07-2016, 01:49 AM
Heir Apparent

I think Meghan would have more common sense than Andrew, who after decades in the Royal family still can't keep his mouth shut. Even so, Charles has signalled that when he is King he wants to speak out on people's concerns, so in the next reign there will probably be bigger targets than Harry's wife (IF she becomes so), such as the monarch himself.

And, after all people can be favourable to that sort of interference; witness the approval of many people to the Prince of Wales's black spider letters.
Old 11-07-2016, 03:30 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by AristoCat View Post
Same here.

While the BRF has had a bad streak in regards to marriages, it should take more than a title to engage respect. There should be more, much more and I wonder if whether or not Kate should have gotten into the RF. Kate spent her uni years living with William in his home (paid for by the taxpayers/RF) and she clubbed all the time and jet-setted while doing nothing. Then she gets a title and that is suddenly making her past drifting okay? That suddenly she's entirely respectable and due deference just because she has that HRH slapped on her name?
It was ever thus. When Princess Elizabeth became Queen in 1952 what had she really done for the monarchy? Spent enormous sums of public money renovating Clarence House. Months on end living in Mediterranean paradise in a gorgeous villa in Malta with her husband, away from her children, not doing public engagements of any real heft. Rarely coming home, rarely visible to the public. I believe she went quite often to get her hair done? All this while rationing and austerity were still the order of the very grey world of the British public.

Other than a couple of Commonwealth tours, Elizabeth could well be accused of 'drifting' during the period before she became Queen. I know she had small children, but her father was clearly in extremely poor health for a good few years before he died. You could say she should have been shadowing him closely during those years to ensure she was ready for the role, but she didn't.

The title changes everything completely. It's not really the bloodlines or the arranged marriages or the fancy palaces that make these people royal, it's the title and the position along with the public's willingness to accept them.
Old 11-07-2016, 04:12 AM
Serene Highness

I do think that she should have been better educated, with a real background in almost every subject that could be crammed into her head. as for Malta and other such things, you're right about that too. For some reason, the reigning dynasties apparently prefer to basically learn as little as possible and be as unprepared as possible.
Old 11-07-2016, 04:52 AM
Majesty

Prince Harry's girlfriend Meghan Markle is 'firm friends' with Princess Eugenie | Daily Mail Online
Old 11-07-2016, 07:37 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Ok... ok. After reading through all the information and the rumor mill about Harry's relationship with Meghan, I believe at this point I'm going to give it the four paws seal of approval all the way around.

I know I've stated quite a few times that what Harry needs is a dog and what pushed me over to the positive side of cheering for this relationship is that with this relationship comes not one but two rescue dogs that they both have been reported to love spending time playing with. I seriously have to believe too that this fact alone will be one that endears Meghan to the Duchess of Cornwall.
Old 11-07-2016, 07:47 AM
Heir Apparent

Eugenie being best friends with Cressida was used as proof Harry would marry her, now the tabloids seem to be using the same tactic with Meghan.

My advice is Harry needs a new matchmaker
Old 11-07-2016, 09:15 AM
Aristocracy

I just think if Harry is not even with her, then he should deny, because the girl is being targeted by racist and prejudiced attacks on social media. It is unfortunate that in the 21st century, some people still judge others by skin color or ethnicity
Old 11-07-2016, 09:59 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel.10 View Post
I just think if Harry is not even with her, then he should deny, because the girl is being targeted by racist and prejudiced attacks on social media. It is unfortunate that in the 21st century, some people still judge others by skin color or ethnicity

I think he must be with her, or surely someone would have denied it by now?
But whether or not it is serious, only Harry and Meghan know.
Old 11-07-2016, 10:15 AM
Heir Apparent

Harry and KP don't typically make a habit of acknowledging or denying his relationships.

If anyone is going to deny it, it'll have to be Meghan. No one is likely to confirm it.
Old 11-07-2016, 10:23 AM
Aristocracy

How so? they have denied several rumors: Brazilian girl, Olympia of Greece, Pippa ...
Old 11-07-2016, 10:53 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish View Post
Harry and KP don't typically make a habit of acknowledging or denying his relationships.

If anyone is going to deny it, it'll have to be Meghan. No one is likely to confirm it.
Kp declined to confirm the emma Watson rumor, the story about hm giving her approval for Harry and Cressida being engaged was denied and the only thing Clarence house denied approving of the relationship between h and meghan. Not sure why they denied the rumor of antonia months before she was photographed leaving a club in eugenie's car. The dm wrote another article referring antonia as his ex. It was based on nothing despite kp denial months ago. Perhaps kp gave up on answering questions about his love life or lack thereof, after pippa they probably felt it wasn't worth an answer. I'm convinced that reporters are getting info from tumblr, Labelle was on the cover of the sun in February, at least a month ago when it was a hot topic on tumblr. The photo of harry showing Bidwell something on his phone was taken off ig and posted on tumblr. The anon's wrote that he was probably showing Adam or some blonde, pictures of his summer in sa. Lo and behold, later on the dm writes an article with the same description. Markle will have to deny eventually considering no actual evidence and not just some pics of bananas spooning, bracelets and an estranged family member or pr agency unsure if it's true.
Old 11-07-2016, 11:02 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrik-Jan77 View Post
Hear hear! I could not agree more. It is all a big IF but I think Meghan is just not the type of person that will fit into the role as senior member of the Royal Family. We will see but I predict trouble. All that talk about bringing the Royals closer to the public and make the Royal Family more relevant. The Monarchy is an ancient institution and I like the people in it to look up to. There has to be distance otherwise it is just like watching the Kardashians to me. Criticise me all you want but that is how I feel.
I do understand the points that you and Duc are making, and to a certain extent I also agree with them. But what truly confuses me is that I have seen posts where you lauded the choice of Sofia Hellqvist for Carl-Philip of Sweden as "true love"...?

Do or did you look up to her?

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 11-07-2016, 11:14 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
If Harry is really intent on keeping his private life under the radar, we're not going to get any kind of reliable information whatsoever about his relationship with anyone at this point. If he's setting up smokescreens to keep the media and the public guessing, its not going to be some little whiff of smoke but a blazing forest fire almost impossible to penetrate.

If this is true, they will go public with it in their own time and not before. Personally, I hope he keeps his private life private for a very long time and use that time (if applicable) to cement a solid relationship with Meghan before the craziness all begins. Harry, well enough, knows from experience of what his mother had to deal with and the mass media mania that surrounded his brother and Kate and even from his former relationships exactly what to expect if and when his relationships become fodder for all kinds of speculations, microscopic examination and having anyone he's involved with preyed on by a snarling pack of wolves after a good meal 24/7.

Its not exactly the best milieu for a royal courtship at all.
Old 11-07-2016, 03:18 PM
Aristocracy

Wow, it's been a while since I've posted. Late to the party, but does anyone know how this Meghan Markle story first came to light? Sorry I've it's already been answered.
Old 11-07-2016, 03:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by AristoCat View Post
I do think that she should have been better educated, with a real background in almost every subject that could be crammed into her head. as for Malta and other such things, you're right about that too. For some reason, the reigning dynasties apparently prefer to basically learn as little as possible and be as unprepared as possible.
That seems to be the case for the Windsors, but not for reigning dynasties in general. King Felipe VI of Spain for example, in addition to his military training, has a law degree from the Autonomous University of Madrid and a master's degree in foreign relations from Georgetown.
Old 11-07-2016, 03:41 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistoryGirl View Post
Wow, it's been a while since I've posted. Late to the party, but does anyone know how this Meghan Markle story first came to light? Sorry I've it's already been answered.

Camilla Tominey broke it in the Daily Star 2 Sundays ago and we have had daily stories since.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 11-07-2016, 04:03 PM
Majesty

Prince Harry met Meghan Markle through her close friend Markus Anderson | Daily Mail Online