The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #721  
Old 11-03-2016, 04:02 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Charlotte, United States
Posts: 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
That is why the best match for a royal prince still is another princess of the blood, preferably from a reigning royal family, who has lived that kind of life since childhood and is therefore used to it. Unfortunately, there are few reigning royal families left in Europe and the opportunities for dynastic matches are scarce. Madeleine of Sweden was the best choice for Diana's sons, especially William who is of the same age, but both William and Madeleine ended up marrying rather unsuitable commoners instead.

In any case, Harry would still be better off marrying a foreign, non-reigning dynast or a daughter of a British peer rather than marrying a divorced American activist actress. On your point though, I am pretty sure there are plenty of girls who would date Harry regardless of the press scrutiny. In fact, I suspect many of her girlfriends like Cressida and possibly Meghan actually enjoyed/enjoy the publicity they got/are getting by dating Harry.


It blows my mind when "commoners" are more snobbish than the royals themselves. Royals are not some paragon of respectability and decency.
__________________

  #722  
Old 11-03-2016, 04:06 PM
Moonmaiden23's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 7,158
True, but they at least seemed to try and make the attempt to seem so.

Their public facades and their privates lives are another story entirely.
__________________

__________________
"Be who God intended you to be, and you will set the world on fire" St. Catherine of Siena

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
  #723  
Old 11-03-2016, 05:19 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 2,455
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
True, but they at least seemed to try and make the attempt to seem so.



Their public facades and their privates lives are another story entirely.

So very true


Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
  #724  
Old 11-03-2016, 05:28 PM
Empress Merel's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: -, Netherlands
Posts: 1,917
More insight.

US Weekly reports Prince Harry invited Meghan Markle to join him at Balmoral for his birthday
  #725  
Old 11-03-2016, 05:47 PM
Blog Real's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Lisboa, Portugal
Posts: 1,816
Meghan Markle's High School Yearbook Photos
__________________
Acclamation Manuel II of Portugal: 6 May 1908
  #726  
Old 11-03-2016, 06:04 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 4,453
I'm not being bitchy but I've just got a feeling that something might have happened to Meghan's nose (a visit, heaven forbid to a cosmetic surgeon) in the years since High School! I like that she was optimistic and focused and wanted to do something with her life. I think she's a very sassy and animated woman who is probably a lot of fun, regardless of what happens or doesn't with H.

I'm not sure that I believe that Harry has introduced Meghan to Charles or to any other members of his family, except perhaps Eugenie, or that she was staying at Birkhall. I know Harry is sometimes a bit precipitate but that's taking it a bit far, IMHO!
  #727  
Old 11-03-2016, 06:26 PM
eya eya is offline
Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: -, Greece
Posts: 8,395
Prince Harry's American girlfriend is pictured for the first time since their romance was revealed* | Daily Mail Online
  #728  
Old 11-03-2016, 06:30 PM
Moonmaiden23's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 7,158
Immaculate Heart is a very beautiful and exclusive Catholic girls school here in the LA area, directly across the road from UCLA.

When I was in public high school years ago "the girls from Immaculate Heart" were considered posher than thou and in a couple of cases(the late John Wayne's granddaughters come immediately to mind) rumored to be ultra snobbish. Kim Kardashian also attended and supermodel Tyra Banks has alleged that she was bullied there.

Meghan was always pretty but yes indeed...her nose has...shrunk over the years!
__________________
"Be who God intended you to be, and you will set the world on fire" St. Catherine of Siena

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
  #729  
Old 11-03-2016, 08:58 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Philadelphia, United States
Posts: 3,698
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
That is why the best match for a royal prince still is another princess of the blood, preferably from a reigning royal family, who has lived that kind of life since childhood and is therefore used to it. Unfortunately, there are few reigning royal families left in Europe and the opportunities for dynastic matches are scarce. Madeleine of Sweden was the best choice for Diana's sons, especially William who is of the same age, but both William and Madeleine ended up marrying rather unsuitable commoners instead.

William hardly knew Madeleine, so I don't see how you can say she'd be the best choice.

Frankly, those dynastic marriages seldom seemed very happy. The couples often ended up living completely separate lives, married in name only. Why would anyone choose that? I'm sure both William and Madeleine were pleased to be able to make their own choices, and I don't see anything so unsuitable about either of them.
  #730  
Old 11-03-2016, 09:05 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 2,455
The one thing I have learnt from all this is that sometimes the media are right !!!! We all or almost all dismissed it.
Now when they tell me Kate is pregnant with twins I will have to stop and think. 😱😱


Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
  #731  
Old 11-03-2016, 11:43 PM
Pranter's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 4,902
I've seen nothing confirming the media is right about this.


LaRae
  #732  
Old 11-04-2016, 12:19 AM
Countessmeout's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: alberta, Canada
Posts: 5,886
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
William hardly knew Madeleine, so I don't see how you can say she'd be the best choice.

Frankly, those dynastic marriages seldom seemed very happy. The couples often ended up living completely separate lives, married in name only. Why would anyone choose that? I'm sure both William and Madeleine were pleased to be able to make their own choices, and I don't see anything so unsuitable about either of them.
They are both royals. And both close in age. For a few posters that is all that matters. They could meet on the wedding day and it would be ideal. Of course the princesses of former monarchies are a step below. Now I bet An actress would be less trashy in a bride if we were talking Theodora. I mean she is On a trashy soap opera, and has no education or humanitarian experience, but she is a royal so that is all that matters

Ranks Of suitable brides

Princess of a reigning monarchy
Princess of a former
Aristocrat with a pedigree as close to royal as possible
Blue blooded virgin of the highest social class with pristine background
Last resort anyone who isn't divorced, has a kid, of worked a blue collar job

Education, knowing each other, things in common.....matter little to blood
  #733  
Old 11-04-2016, 02:02 AM
SLV's Avatar
SLV SLV is offline
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 1,017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post

Ranks Of suitable brides

Princess of a reigning monarchy
Princess of a former
Aristocrat with a pedigree as close to royal as possible
Blue blooded virgin of the highest social class with pristine background
Last resort anyone who isn't divorced, has a kid, of worked a blue collar job

Education, knowing each other, things in common.....matter little to blood
I love your summary!
  #734  
Old 11-04-2016, 02:46 AM
Duc_et_Pair's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: City, Netherlands
Posts: 6,979
Posters looking with dédain to fellow posters which hold some expectations on a certain standard, class, background or prestige for royal partners forget that they are looking and contributing to the Royal Forums and it is exactly that certain standard, class, background or prestige which makes royalty and nobility what it is.

Last week an Italian nobleman died tragically in a bicycle accident in London. These accidents happen every day, in every country. But here it was a scion of a centuries old Florentine family which delivered princes, cardinals and popes. That spoke to the imagination and that was why in all media, from the Daily Mail to the Guardian, this accident was mentioned.

When Pierre Casiraghi married Donna Beatrice Borromeo, here on the forum and in general media people were fascinated by the bride with two aristiocratic parents, marrying on one of the Borromean (!) Isles where they own a fabulous castle. That spoke to the imagination indeed. The Daily Mail had the headline: "Your castle, or mine?"

So when a Prince of the blood royal comes home with a Meghan Markle, hmmm, yes... celebbie loving Daily Mail will splash it all out but is it good for the monarchy as an institute? I dare to doubt it. It needs some decorum, distance and yes, may I use the word: some mystique.
  #735  
Old 11-04-2016, 03:13 AM
Hendrik-Jan77's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Arnhem, Netherlands
Posts: 314
Prince Harry: Relationship Suggestions and Musings 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
Posters looking with dédain to fellow posters which hold some expectations on a certain standard, class, background or prestige for royal partners forget that they are looking and contributing to the Royal Forums and it is exactly that certain standard, class, background or prestige which makes royalty and nobility what it is.

Last week an Italian nobleman died tragically in a bicycle accident in London. These accidents happen every day, in every country. But here it was a scion of a centuries old Florentine family which delivered princes, cardinals and popes. That spoke to the imagination and that was why in all media, from the Daily Mail to the Guardian, this accident was mentioned.

When Pierre Casiraghi married Donna Beatrice Borromeo, here on the forum and in general media people were fascinated by the bride with two aristiocratic parents, marrying on one the Borromean (!) Isles where they own a fabulous castle. That spoke to the imagination indeed. The Daily Mail had the headline: "Your castle, or mine?"

So when a Prince of the blood royal comes home with a Meghan Markle, hmmm, yes... celebbie loving Daily Mail will splash it all out but is it good for the monarchy as an institute? I dare to doubt it. It needs some decorum, distance and yes, may I use the word: some mystique.

I agree totally! There is no mystique about this girl. An American divorcee who is three years older than Harry, who works as an actress and who seems to just love attention and who seems to be little discrete, is not my idea of a Princess in waiting.
I did not 'know' her untill Sunday but in just a few days I have seen so many pictures of her and know so many things about her and her opinions, just from her own mouth through interviews an her Twitter account. There is no mystique here for me. What I love about Catherine is that we actually don't know much about her and her beliefs and opinions. I also liked that about Cressida. I also think Meaghan wil totally upstage Catherine IF she becomes a Duchess.
IF this proves to be the real deal for Harry, I wish him luck but I for one will lose interest in the couple. I think he should have set his standards a way bit higher. But that is my personal opinion.
__________________
HRH
  #736  
Old 11-04-2016, 05:51 AM
Empress Merel's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: -, Netherlands
Posts: 1,917
I don't see what's the problem with Meghan having strong opinions and beliefs. Personally, I think it's extremely important that someone has them because why else bother? The days where women were supposed to be obedient and soft are gone and thankfully they are.

I have always found it a shame that Kate has yet to find something that really gets her and is something that she wants to fight for. Mental health is shared with her husband and brother-in-law, it's not something that is entirely her. Not in the way micro-financing is Màxima's, or education for girls is Mary's.

Her work for the UN and charities speak for themselves. She has worked for her own money for years and is more than capable of supporting herself. She has passions and opinions and is a very good looking woman. Harry is doing well for himself here.

A lot of objections to her seem racially rooted, which is worrying. Besides the fact that she's going to receive a lot of hate for being bi-racial, she'd have to give up her career. Don't think many women should envy her for that position.
  #737  
Old 11-04-2016, 06:51 AM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 2,455
Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress Merel View Post
I don't see what's the problem with Meghan having strong opinions and beliefs. Personally, I think it's extremely important that someone has them because why else bother? The days where women were supposed to be obedient and soft are gone and thankfully they are.

I have always found it a shame that Kate has yet to find something that really gets her and is something that she wants to fight for. Mental health is shared with her husband and brother-in-law, it's not something that is entirely her. Not in the way micro-financing is Màxima's, or education for girls is Mary's.

Her work for the UN and charities speak for themselves. She has worked for her own money for years and is more than capable of supporting herself. She has passions and opinions and is a very good looking woman. Harry is doing well for himself here.

A lot of objections to her seem racially rooted, which is worrying. Besides the fact that she's going to receive a lot of hate for being bi-racial, she'd have to give up her career. Don't think many women should envy her for that position.

I haven't heard anyone mention race we need to be careful to not make a problem that isn't there.
A royal has to toe the line and as wonderful it is that she has her charities they would have to be ticked off by the government.


Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
  #738  
Old 11-04-2016, 07:03 AM
Hendrik-Jan77's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Arnhem, Netherlands
Posts: 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress Merel View Post
A lot of objections to her seem racially rooted, which is worrying. Besides the fact that she's going to receive a lot of hate for being bi-racial, she'd have to give up her career. Don't think many women should envy her for that position.
I have absolutely no problem with her racial background. I do think she has other disadvantages like her age and divorce. That I don't find ideal.
But race is absolutely not important for me. I do think she is very pretty although I would rather see Harry with a blonde woman because I think that would be a nice contrast to Catherine. But that is my personal preference.
__________________
HRH
  #739  
Old 11-04-2016, 07:18 AM
Empress Merel's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: -, Netherlands
Posts: 1,917
Her background has come up on various platforms. The (British) media has done a lot of coverage on her family background so far. Which is why Lainey has been saying that it seems like the US media gets ''inside'' details, which are positive, and the British media gets none as long as they cover her in a negative light.
  #740  
Old 11-04-2016, 08:54 AM
Fürstin Taxis's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Neuschwanstein, Germany
Posts: 1,263
Saying her divorce is a disadvantage, when the future King and Consort and 3/4 of HMs children are divorced, is ironic.
And where is the mystique about Prince Henry? We all know how his bottom looks like. I think if he doesn't bothers with being mystique, why should he look for Cinderella?
__________________

Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Popular Tags
albania aristocracy best outfit best outfit october 2016 birthday child crown prince frederik crown princess mary crown princess mary evening dresses crown princess mary fashion crown princess victoria denmark duchess of cambridge visit to canada duke of edinburgh elia zaharia fashion poll kate king abdullah ii king abdullah in australia love maxima in australia and new zealand monarchy monarchy versus republic natural disasters november 2016 october 2016 picture of the week prince charles princess marie princess mary princess mary casual style princess mary fashion princess mary hats princess sofia queen elizabeth ii queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia cocktail dresses queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia eveningwear queen letizia fashion queen letizia gowns queen mathilde queen mathilde daytime fashion queen mathilde fashion queen mathilde in jordan queen mathilde style queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania queen rania casual outfit queen rania eveningwear queen rania fashion queen rania in australia romanov royal wedding soderberg state visit state visit from argentina succession sweden swedish royal family the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:59 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017
Jelsoft Enterprises