The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2016, 05:02 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
That is why the best match for a royal prince still is another princess of the blood, preferably from a reigning royal family, who has lived that kind of life since childhood and is therefore used to it. Unfortunately, there are few reigning royal families left in Europe and the opportunities for dynastic matches are scarce. Madeleine of Sweden was the best choice for Diana's sons, especially William who is of the same age, but both William and Madeleine ended up marrying rather unsuitable commoners instead.

In any case, Harry would still be better off marrying a foreign, non-reigning dynast or a daughter of a British peer rather than marrying a divorced American activist actress. On your point though, I am pretty sure there are plenty of girls who would date Harry regardless of the press scrutiny. In fact, I suspect many of her girlfriends like Cressida and possibly Meghan actually enjoyed/enjoy the publicity they got/are getting by dating Harry.

It blows my mind when "commoners" are more snobbish than the royals themselves. Royals are not some paragon of respectability and decency.

Old 11-03-2016, 05:06 PM
Majesty

True, but they at least seemed to try and make the attempt to seem so.

Their public facades and their privates lives are another story entirely.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 11-03-2016, 06:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
True, but they at least seemed to try and make the attempt to seem so.

Their public facades and their privates lives are another story entirely.

So very true

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 11-03-2016, 06:28 PM
Heir Presumptive

More insight.

US Weekly reports Prince Harry invited Meghan Markle to join him at Balmoral for his birthday
Old 11-03-2016, 06:47 PM
Royal Highness

Meghan Markle's High School Yearbook Photos
Old 11-03-2016, 07:04 PM
Heir Apparent

I'm not being bitchy but I've just got a feeling that something might have happened to Meghan's nose (a visit, heaven forbid to a cosmetic surgeon) in the years since High School! I like that she was optimistic and focused and wanted to do something with her life. I think she's a very sassy and animated woman who is probably a lot of fun, regardless of what happens or doesn't with H.

I'm not sure that I believe that Harry has introduced Meghan to Charles or to any other members of his family, except perhaps Eugenie, or that she was staying at Birkhall. I know Harry is sometimes a bit precipitate but that's taking it a bit far, IMHO!
Old 11-03-2016, 07:26 PM
Majesty

Prince Harry's American girlfriend is pictured for the first time since their romance was revealed* | Daily Mail Online
Old 11-03-2016, 07:30 PM
Majesty

Immaculate Heart is a very beautiful and exclusive Catholic girls school here in the LA area, directly across the road from UCLA.

When I was in public high school years ago "the girls from Immaculate Heart" were considered posher than thou and in a couple of cases(the late John Wayne's granddaughters come immediately to mind) rumored to be ultra snobbish. Kim Kardashian also attended and supermodel Tyra Banks has alleged that she was bullied there.

Meghan was always pretty but yes indeed...her nose has...shrunk over the years!

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 11-03-2016, 09:58 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
That is why the best match for a royal prince still is another princess of the blood, preferably from a reigning royal family, who has lived that kind of life since childhood and is therefore used to it. Unfortunately, there are few reigning royal families left in Europe and the opportunities for dynastic matches are scarce. Madeleine of Sweden was the best choice for Diana's sons, especially William who is of the same age, but both William and Madeleine ended up marrying rather unsuitable commoners instead.

William hardly knew Madeleine, so I don't see how you can say she'd be the best choice.

Frankly, those dynastic marriages seldom seemed very happy. The couples often ended up living completely separate lives, married in name only. Why would anyone choose that? I'm sure both William and Madeleine were pleased to be able to make their own choices, and I don't see anything so unsuitable about either of them.
Old 11-03-2016, 10:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

The one thing I have learnt from all this is that sometimes the media are right !!!! We all or almost all dismissed it.
Now when they tell me Kate is pregnant with twins I will have to stop and think. 😱😱

Old 11-04-2016, 12:43 AM
Majesty

I've seen nothing confirming the media is right about this.

LaRae
Old 11-04-2016, 01:19 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
William hardly knew Madeleine, so I don't see how you can say she'd be the best choice.

Frankly, those dynastic marriages seldom seemed very happy. The couples often ended up living completely separate lives, married in name only. Why would anyone choose that? I'm sure both William and Madeleine were pleased to be able to make their own choices, and I don't see anything so unsuitable about either of them.
They are both royals. And both close in age. For a few posters that is all that matters. They could meet on the wedding day and it would be ideal. Of course the princesses of former monarchies are a step below. Now I bet An actress would be less trashy in a bride if we were talking Theodora. I mean she is On a trashy soap opera, and has no education or humanitarian experience, but she is a royal so that is all that matters

Ranks Of suitable brides

Princess of a reigning monarchy
Princess of a former
Aristocrat with a pedigree as close to royal as possible
Blue blooded virgin of the highest social class with pristine background
Last resort anyone who isn't divorced, has a kid, of worked a blue collar job

Education, knowing each other, things in common.....matter little to blood
Old 11-04-2016, 03:02 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post

Ranks Of suitable brides

Princess of a reigning monarchy
Princess of a former
Aristocrat with a pedigree as close to royal as possible
Blue blooded virgin of the highest social class with pristine background
Last resort anyone who isn't divorced, has a kid, of worked a blue collar job

Education, knowing each other, things in common.....matter little to blood
I love your summary!
Old 11-04-2016, 03:46 AM
Majesty

Posters looking with dédain to fellow posters which hold some expectations on a certain standard, class, background or prestige for royal partners forget that they are looking and contributing to the Royal Forums and it is exactly that certain standard, class, background or prestige which makes royalty and nobility what it is.

Last week an Italian nobleman died tragically in a bicycle accident in London. These accidents happen every day, in every country. But here it was a scion of a centuries old Florentine family which delivered princes, cardinals and popes. That spoke to the imagination and that was why in all media, from the Daily Mail to the Guardian, this accident was mentioned.

When Pierre Casiraghi married Donna Beatrice Borromeo, here on the forum and in general media people were fascinated by the bride with two aristiocratic parents, marrying on one of the Borromean (!) Isles where they own a fabulous castle. That spoke to the imagination indeed. The Daily Mail had the headline: "Your castle, or mine?"

So when a Prince of the blood royal comes home with a Meghan Markle, hmmm, yes... celebbie loving Daily Mail will splash it all out but is it good for the monarchy as an institute? I dare to doubt it. It needs some decorum, distance and yes, may I use the word: some mystique.
Old 11-04-2016, 04:13 AM
Nobility

Prince Harry: Relationship Suggestions and Musings 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
Posters looking with dédain to fellow posters which hold some expectations on a certain standard, class, background or prestige for royal partners forget that they are looking and contributing to the Royal Forums and it is exactly that certain standard, class, background or prestige which makes royalty and nobility what it is.

Last week an Italian nobleman died tragically in a bicycle accident in London. These accidents happen every day, in every country. But here it was a scion of a centuries old Florentine family which delivered princes, cardinals and popes. That spoke to the imagination and that was why in all media, from the Daily Mail to the Guardian, this accident was mentioned.

When Pierre Casiraghi married Donna Beatrice Borromeo, here on the forum and in general media people were fascinated by the bride with two aristiocratic parents, marrying on one the Borromean (!) Isles where they own a fabulous castle. That spoke to the imagination indeed. The Daily Mail had the headline: "Your castle, or mine?"

So when a Prince of the blood royal comes home with a Meghan Markle, hmmm, yes... celebbie loving Daily Mail will splash it all out but is it good for the monarchy as an institute? I dare to doubt it. It needs some decorum, distance and yes, may I use the word: some mystique.

I agree totally! There is no mystique about this girl. An American divorcee who is three years older than Harry, who works as an actress and who seems to just love attention and who seems to be little discrete, is not my idea of a Princess in waiting.
I did not 'know' her untill Sunday but in just a few days I have seen so many pictures of her and know so many things about her and her opinions, just from her own mouth through interviews an her Twitter account. There is no mystique here for me. What I love about Catherine is that we actually don't know much about her and her beliefs and opinions. I also liked that about Cressida. I also think Meaghan wil totally upstage Catherine IF she becomes a Duchess.
IF this proves to be the real deal for Harry, I wish him luck but I for one will lose interest in the couple. I think he should have set his standards a way bit higher. But that is my personal opinion.
Old 11-04-2016, 06:51 AM
Heir Presumptive

I don't see what's the problem with Meghan having strong opinions and beliefs. Personally, I think it's extremely important that someone has them because why else bother? The days where women were supposed to be obedient and soft are gone and thankfully they are.

I have always found it a shame that Kate has yet to find something that really gets her and is something that she wants to fight for. Mental health is shared with her husband and brother-in-law, it's not something that is entirely her. Not in the way micro-financing is Màxima's, or education for girls is Mary's.

Her work for the UN and charities speak for themselves. She has worked for her own money for years and is more than capable of supporting herself. She has passions and opinions and is a very good looking woman. Harry is doing well for himself here.

A lot of objections to her seem racially rooted, which is worrying. Besides the fact that she's going to receive a lot of hate for being bi-racial, she'd have to give up her career. Don't think many women should envy her for that position.
Old 11-04-2016, 07:51 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress Merel View Post
I don't see what's the problem with Meghan having strong opinions and beliefs. Personally, I think it's extremely important that someone has them because why else bother? The days where women were supposed to be obedient and soft are gone and thankfully they are.

I have always found it a shame that Kate has yet to find something that really gets her and is something that she wants to fight for. Mental health is shared with her husband and brother-in-law, it's not something that is entirely her. Not in the way micro-financing is Màxima's, or education for girls is Mary's.

Her work for the UN and charities speak for themselves. She has worked for her own money for years and is more than capable of supporting herself. She has passions and opinions and is a very good looking woman. Harry is doing well for himself here.

A lot of objections to her seem racially rooted, which is worrying. Besides the fact that she's going to receive a lot of hate for being bi-racial, she'd have to give up her career. Don't think many women should envy her for that position.

I haven't heard anyone mention race we need to be careful to not make a problem that isn't there.
A royal has to toe the line and as wonderful it is that she has her charities they would have to be ticked off by the government.

Old 11-04-2016, 08:03 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress Merel View Post
I have absolutely no problem with her racial background. I do think she has other disadvantages like her age and divorce. That I don't find ideal.
But race is absolutely not important for me. I do think she is very pretty although I would rather see Harry with a blonde woman because I think that would be a nice contrast to Catherine. But that is my personal preference.
Old 11-04-2016, 08:18 AM
Heir Presumptive

Her background has come up on various platforms. The (British) media has done a lot of coverage on her family background so far. Which is why Lainey has been saying that it seems like the US media gets ''inside'' details, which are positive, and the British media gets none as long as they cover her in a negative light.
Old 11-04-2016, 09:54 AM
Serene Highness

Saying her divorce is a disadvantage, when the future King and Consort and 3/4 of HMs children are divorced, is ironic.
And where is the mystique about Prince Henry? We all know how his bottom looks like. I think if he doesn't bothers with being mystique, why should he look for Cinderella?