The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2017, 05:36 PM
Nobility

I hope M & H are having a great time in Africa during her birthday. The paps are definitely going to checking for the fourth finger on her left hand after this trip.

Old 08-05-2017, 06:00 PM
Heir Apparent

There would be an official announcement from the palace before we'd ever see a ring on her hand...at least that ring.

LaRae

Old 08-05-2017, 06:05 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
I think though they won't announce anything till after they finish shooting her show..she would be over-run by paps going to/from work otherwise.

LaRae
Oh my goodness!!! I just thought about something. I imagine when they get back she will be overrun by paps who are assuming they are engaged. I hope they will leave her alone.
Old 08-05-2017, 06:10 PM
Heir Apparent

My understanding is she has gotten some very good security recently and after the first few hours back, nothing happens, the media will go back to making up more stories.

LaRae
Old 08-05-2017, 07:39 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Three previous girlfriends have joined the Royal on safari and on houseboats in the region, which makes Meghan the fourth lucky lady he has romanced in the African wild.

Sky Sports presenter Natalie Pinkham was reportedly the first to go on safari with the Prince in 2004 before he began seeing Chelsy Davy the following year.

Now that filming has wrapped on the latest series of Suits, Meghan may find herself with more time on her hands. Perhaps she will use it to rehearse for her most serious role yet – a bone fide member of the Royal Household

Zimbabwean-born Chelsy enjoyed numerous holidays with Harry in Botswana, including one on a houseboat called the African Queen where pals joined them for a raucous party to celebrate his 21st birthday.

The couple made annual visits out there during their seven years together.

The Prince also chose Botswana as a destination to take his next girlfriend Cressida Bonas – this time on safari.

It is understood he has been planning to make his trip with Meghan extra-special.
Read more: Meghan follows Prince's exes in joining him in Botswana | Daily Mail Online
Old 08-05-2017, 07:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiaMia_53 View Post
Right, The Sun exaggerates and embellishes, as well as making things up in the absence of real news.

Maybe the public will be given some real details of M&H's Africa adventure at some point. Or not, since it's between them and not an official royal visit.

Some fascinating comments are circling around and percolating in here. I find the subtle shade from some naysayers rather humorous. Obviously, we all have different levels of interest, motivation and attraction to following this delightful relationship. It's certainly not a run-of-the-mill, casual relationship. Those who keep referencing Harry's youthful past and playboy behavior seem a bit sour and most definitely way off base.

As has been pointed out by calmer and more reasonable well-wishers, Prince Harry is a lot more mature as he nears age 33. And over the past year, he seems to have grown in confidence while displaying a strong sense of purpose, happiness and ease with his royal duties that he hadn't necessarily been showing to this extent previously. He seems much more comfortable in his own skin. There are plenty of past video interviews where he expressed a desire to find the right person who could "take on" the burdens that come with marrying into the firm. And he's always emphasized that he looks forward to having children.

When you meet someone you are attracted to and then you get to know that person and you find similar interests in common and something deep clicks between you, why would you treat that casually when it's what you've been missing and seeking for a long time? There's plenty of evidence that Meghan and Harry are the real deal. They seem to be enjoying each other and keeping the progress of their relationship largely out of the public eye, which to me signals there is something valuable there that they both want to protect, nurture and preserve.

And @Mbruno, I understand your tempering the whole "true love" and "soulmate" references. But get this: If you haven't experienced it yourself, it's difficult to judge whether it's real or possible for other people. It doesn't mean that life is a piece-of-cake and lovers live happily-ever-after. It just means that a deep and giving love is possible between two people who bring out the best in each other, and who are able to see each other's flaws and look past those shortcomings to see and encourage each other's best qualities. In essence, that's what true love is about.

Haven't we already seen that to a large degree between William and Kate? Their entire relationship is quite different and it proceeded very differently as their personalities and life trajectories are quite different. But at essence, they too, seem to share a deep and lasting love, not entered into lightly as a matter of convenience. I'm sure that living with a Prince is not all it might be chalked up to be unless you are in it for deeper, heart-based and truly caring reasons.

Sure, we don't know with certainty where M&H's particular relationship is heading, but M&H seem to have a pretty good handle on it, at least for now, and for the foreseeable future.
Lovely message and well said....
Old 08-05-2017, 07:53 PM
Nobility

As I was opening up the daily fail to view HM at the games in Scotland, there was an article that came up on Prince Harry...

As one who does not believe a word from the *daily fail*, that says that Prince Harry is in Botswana on a house boat where he used to take his other lady friends..not sure if he would even go there for that is the past and this is now, a new wonderful girl whom he apparently cares deeply for.
Old 08-05-2017, 08:07 PM
Heir Apparent

Unless I see proof of exactly where they are in Africa or Harry/Meghan confirm it...then they could be anywhere in Africa...the media is wrong enough about these things.

LaRae
Old 08-05-2017, 10:23 PM
Nobility

It sounds line the Daily Mail is trying to sell this trip to Africa as Harry's MO for romance. Meghan is just like the others; there's nothing special about this trip and she will go the way of her predecessors. Trash this relationship all it wants, I would like to see egg on the DM editors faces when the competition scoops it on an engagement announcement.
Old 08-05-2017, 10:48 PM
Imperial Majesty

I know a great many wish this couple well and hoping for that big announcement soon, but we should really wait and allow Harry and Meghan the time and space to get to that point.

A.W. TOZER
Old 08-05-2017, 10:58 PM
Nobility

While some seem anxious for an engagement and wedding sooner rather than later, a great many of us, while wishing for a marriage for Harry and Meghan (if that is what they want), figure some more life and career stuff has to wrap up first. I think it will be at least several more months.
Old 08-05-2017, 11:02 PM
Heir Apparent

Actually, I remember those days well. Natalie Pinkham was a great friend of Harry and of Will. She wasn't alone on a houseboat with Harry anywhere.

And the Press, mainly the DM, ALLEGED that Harry took Cressida on safari to Africa. No reports of this trip, no Twitter or any photos ever emerged.

Yes, Chelsy holidayed with Harry in Africa. She was born in Zimbabwe. They would holiday on occasions with her parents and brother at various places. They took ONE trip on that houseboat that was pictured, pursued by paps, press photographers every inch of the way. Pictures the Daily Fail bought. They certainly weren't on that boat annually.
Old 08-06-2017, 01:58 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
This is a pointless arguement. Harry will propose how he best see fit for the couple. If it's in Africa on a safari, so be it. If that's what he feels defines him and Meghan best and is special to them, then that's just what it is. Will and Kate doesn't have monopoly over Africa safaris. Besides, I highly doubt Harry cares what the public will say regarding how he proposed. As long as it's special to him and Meghan, assuming he at some point proposes to her, that's his prerogative.
Just lets make this clear at No Point was I stating my opinion. He can propose at McDonald's over a Big Mac if it makes them happy

My point was what the headlines would say. It would be Harry proposed in African Safari like his brother. We all know people follow media like a pack of sheep. Just look at the board, we font have far to look for people who have fed into the he roll be engaged by Invictus and are now sure he is set to propose.

IMO Harry will want Meghan to have her Own special moment. No one elses. It is him to decide.
Old 08-06-2017, 03:00 AM
Nobility

According to Niraj Tanna, all the agencies have photographers on the way to Botswana. It's not looking good for a private holiday for the two of them.
Old 08-06-2017, 03:32 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by hel View Post
According to Niraj Tanna, all the agencies have photographers on the way to Botswana. It's not looking good for a private holiday for the two of them.
Unless Botswana is a red herring. Harry and Meghan wouldn't be advertising where they're going and being tipped off in a certain direction would be a perfect foil if they were somewhere else.

I just keep thinking back that Harry wanted to take Meghan to Sentebale in Lesotho. I could imagine Harry looking at Meghan and saying something like "Think you could make these kids your own too?" and proposing right then and there and a grand engagement party happens with all the kids around them.

ETA: I just was curious and ended up going to the website for Sentebale. Learned something new too. As per the website, it states: "We help the most vulnerable children in Lesotho and Botswana get the support they need to lead healthy and productive lives.". So, maybe, Botswana is in the picture for Harry and Meghan but in relation to Sentebale? Its possible.

http://sentebale.org/who-we-are/

Fanciful thinking I know but with what I know about Harry, he'll be as unique and as sincere in a proposal as he is about everything else he's passionate about.
Old 08-06-2017, 04:14 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
... We all know people follow media like a pack of sheep. Just look at the board, we font have far to look for people who have fed into the he roll be engaged by Invictus and are now sure he is set to propose.

IMO Harry will want Meghan to have her Own special moment. No one elses. It is him to decide.
^^ And none of us know regarding a proposal or when it will come, but it does seem imminent, although it may not be announced right away for a variety of logistical reasons (one being as reported, that the Palace will have to make preparations and scheduling regarding the wedding a bit in advance of an engagement announcement). I agree with you that Harry feels Meghan is special and he treats her that way. We are all trying to figure it out and sharing our perceptions for various reasons of feeling intrigued and enchanted, or simply engaging in the pleasure of vicarious royal-watching, or wallowing in the peevishness of jealous and/or annoyed royal watching, or wink-wink detachment, or whatever.

One thing's for certain, Harry is picking his spots in terms of sharing anything about this relationship. And I don't think that will change. (I agree with @Osipi that it's possible Botswana has been tactically used to throw pap hounds off the scent.) There will apparently be a protective wall put up permanently around this relationship in order to keep the inanity and petty intrusiveness at bay. Harry will not allow Meghan to be disrespected, hounded, slighted, or pretentiously pitted in faux write-ups vs any members of the royal family.

Meghan herself is clearly no one's fool, and she's also a very accomplished, genuine, kind and caring person. So even the most skeptical members of the royal family will likely be won over by her down-to-earth charm and delightful presence. Above all, Harry's family surely see how much Meghan means to him and what a difference their connection and blossoming of their relationship has had on him. And also how gracefully and calmly Meghan has conducted herself in the midst of the OTT media storm, and what she has been willing to give up, which is not insubstantial.

What more concrete signs are needed to see how serious M&H are about each other, and also how suited they seem to be for each other?
Old 08-06-2017, 04:33 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
Denville, If Harry wanted a 'friends with benefits' relationship with someone there are plenty of women in Britain he could do that with. He'd hardly choose a woman who lives in another country whom he's only been able to see on average every three weeks or so.
She might be the one he likes at present. And He may enjoy a relationship where he is not with his loved one all the time. I was merely pointing out that I don't see that the fact that harry spends time with her when she comes to the UK, instead of hopping off to Paris to watch the rugby as he apparently did when Dating Chelsey, (which was another long distnance relationship) is an indication that he is truly madly deeply in love.
Old 08-06-2017, 05:40 AM
Nobility

Well, it doesn't matter what any of us think anyway. It's their relationship. And, as Prince Harry famously declared in last November's warning to the press: "This is not a game. It's my life and hers..."

Of course neither Harry nor Meghan are just simply 'do-gooders'. I think their humanitarian endeavors are a huge part of their connection. But at the tail end of the comment Harry made in the linked documentary, he added: "It's fun to be good, and boring to be bad [pause], but you can be naughty too." I think both Harry and Meghan have a sense of fun and a mischievous quality. They both clearly enjoy the good things in life, as well as giving back. It's not everyone though who grows to recognize that being in a prominent, influential position brings with it enormous responsibility that you can either ignore and shirk, or go out of your way to uphold and commit to fulfilling in beneficial ways.

Another aspect of their connection I see is how Harry is known to be a very competitive person, as he emphasized during the documentary. He fully commits to what he believes in. Meghan has expressed a similar sentiment when she spoke in a pre-Harry interview of having 'endless ambition,' and desiring to 'exceed expectations.'

In the documentary, Harry apparently is trying to articulate that he found his soul and his life's purpose in Africa. The work he has done with his charity, Sentebale, was not an easy process, but he persevered and it came together. This work helped him heal, even as he contributed mightily to the lives of these needy children. The name Sentebale (in honor of his and his friend, Prince Seeiso's mothers, means: Forget-me-not. A poignant and fitting tribute. I have no doubt that one of the things Prince Harry looks forward to doing while in Africa, is sharing with Meghan all that Sentebale means to him.

No matter the petty, negative slants, nor even the positive, fanciful views surrounding this fascinating couple, what will be, will be. I wish them well. As Harry said, "Why not try to increase good in the world any way you can?"
Old 08-06-2017, 05:48 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
Actually, I remember those days well. Natalie Pinkham was a great friend of Harry and of Will. She wasn't alone on a houseboat with Harry anywhere.

And the Press, mainly the DM, ALLEGED that Harry took Cressida on safari to Africa. No reports of this trip, no Twitter or any photos ever emerged.

Yes, Chelsy holidayed with Harry in Africa. She was born in Zimbabwe. They would holiday on occasions with her parents and brother at various places. They took ONE trip on that houseboat that was pictured, pursued by paps, press photographers every inch of the way. Pictures the Daily Fail bought. They certainly weren't on that boat annually.
Ah! Thanks for clearing that one up!

I wondered who the "third" girlfriend was, the only ones with any sort of official status I could recall are Chelsy and Cressida. I'm sure Harry dated others before, in between and after them over the years, but nothing really serious.

No recollection of hearing anything about Harry and Cressida in Africa. Chelsy well yes, it's her home.
Old 08-06-2017, 03:55 PM
Aristocracy

I could see them being engaged by December 2017

I could see Harry and Meghan being engaged by December or January.

It's a very emotional process, committing to someone for the rest of your life and starting a family.

Closed Thread