The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2017, 02:59 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by iisuzieii View Post
he looks genuinely happy....i think an engagement is gonna happen on this trip...(even if its not announced)...its really nice to see him looking so happy...I hope they are left alone on their trip.

I dont think i have ever seen him look this happy.
I give Harry a bit more credit then that. I am sure he can come up with a more romantic proposal then copying his brother.

Besides I doubt they could hide an engagement till end of November. Not going to be able to continue filming her show after one is.

Old 08-05-2017, 04:02 AM
Nobility

I'm so glad we got to see this extremely happy picture of Meghan and Harry. Im glad that's in a public place like airport, where both of them accept being photographed, and are fine with it, and not at a friend's private wedding.

I'm even more inclined to believe, that by the end of 2017 they'll announce their engagement and wedding will be in 2018.

Old 08-05-2017, 04:17 AM
Nobility

I never thought that Meghan became involved with Prince Harry for any kind of publicity. I don't think her mind even works that way. As soon as I read her essays and inspirational quotes, checked out her Instagram, viewed her interviews and other videos, including her U.N. speech, I could see she's not the type of person to use a personal relationship to gain 'publicity' for her career (despite the negative, off-base claims by her half-sister). Also Harry's not stupid, and he would not allow himself to be used in that way. He certainly has plenty of people around him as advisers and mentors to protect him from that kind of thing. If the relationship was just a fling and they had not hit it off and bonded fairly quickly, it would have ended well before the press sniffed it down.

In fact, prior to Harry stepping into her life, Meghan's career was doing quite fine and really taking off in many ways (with the Reitmans contract and lots of exposure amongst a variety of movers and shakers in fashion, beauty, food industry, entertainment outlets, etc., as a result of her Tig site and her ever-expanding Suits profile). It's Meghan who has made the most sacrifices in order for this relationship to work. Meanwhile, Harry is holding onto her for dear life, and I don't blame him.

The coinciding of the launch of Meghan's second Reitmans fashion line after Harry's press release last November, was just that, a coincidence. That fashion launch had been planned months in advance. The whole brouhaha over the pic of the cuddling bananas was much ado about nothing. A friend sent Meghan that pic and she posted it in fun. I'll bet Harry and all of Meghan's friends and Harry's friends enjoyed a smile and a chuckle about it. Personally, I'm surprised that the kvetching and pearl-clutching wasn't also being done over the earlier 'matchsticks tips forming a heart' pic that someone also sent to Meghan and she posted. Most royal-protocol-concerned busybodies probably missed that one.

And btw, Meghan's rescue dog Bogart wore that British flag sweater long before it was even in the cards that Harry and Meghan would meet. After Bogart outgrew the sweater, it was passed on to cutie pie beagle, Guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
I give Harry a bit more credit then that. I am sure he can come up with a more romantic proposal then copying his brother.

Besides I doubt they could hide an engagement till end of November. Not going to be able to continue filming her show after one is.
But it's entirely possible Meghan is being or has already been written out of the show and won't be needed back for full filming because she won't be appearing in many scenes. For all we know, she could have filmed a few scenes in advance that may effectively end her full participation on the show. And if she's needed back, it might only be for a short period of time.

I don't get people framing a proposal in Africa as Harry "copying his brother." Should Harry decide to propose in Africa, it will be in his own way after all, and frankly we won't be witnessing it anyway. Was William "copying" his grandparents when he proposed to Kate in Africa? Nope, I would call it more of a romantic tradition, which doesn't mean that it's not special and unique for each of these different Mountbatten-Windsor couples. If a proposal happens, we may hear about only a few small details, not the full in-living-color reality. Even the inevitable television film about the M&H romance (following in the footsteps of all the W&K overwrought dramas) will be fantasized by screenwriters.
Old 08-05-2017, 04:30 AM
Nobility

I have to add, that it's a bit hmmm in my book, that these people working bts for invictus games or any other activity, where the royals are going to attend, and spilling info to their friends are doing a huge disservice to the event. I hope no specific details were leaked, but there's so much work to secure these events as safe etc, that loose lips makes that even harder. I know that the security people take this all in account too, but still, it annoys me.

I love the fact, that Meghan and Harry seem to gets stronger in their relationship and manage to keep it so private. And like someone pointed up thread (sorry, I'm too lazy to look up the username) Meghan must be a special kind of person and well respected for there not be any leaks or gossip from her close friends, co workers etc. Everyone is so tight lipped around her.
Old 08-05-2017, 05:12 AM
Nobility

I think it was @MARG who first referenced that about Meghan's friends and co-workers closing ranks, and several of us agreed with MARG, including me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
As the couple gets more serious and some time has passed since they started dating, the conversation of Meghan moving to London and the couple possibly live together for awhile comes up more often. I'm wondering how would the British public feel about them living together at Kensington Palace/ Nottingham Cottage before marriage?

I don't think there is any issues with them living together, but what about Meghan living at a royal palace before marrying into the family? I know she's stayed there when she's visiting Harry, but if she moves, that's more of a permanent thing.
I'm not British and I don't live there, though I'd love to visit. I think I might fall in love with living there, as I've always had a long time interest in British history and culture.

Anyway, we are all speculating from piecing together the little we do know. It's not clear how this fascinating romance will proceed. We are certainly kept guessing, but then it's none of our business really. It's just that they seem to be a cool couple who are also genuinely caring individuals. Most well-meaning people enjoy rooting for a couple like Meghan and Harry (who apparently share such wonderful qualities). I'm sure they also have some less than wonderful sides to them, but likely nothing major. The obvious thing is that they appear to bring out the best in each other, and above all, seem to have fun being together.

I doubt that either Meghan or Harry will be overly concerned with detractors whether they are British, American, or some other nationality. But yes, Meghan moving full time into KP may not occur. However, Meghan might move to another well-secured location in London for a few months prior to an engagement announcement. Her mother might even stay with her for a short time. If she's bringing her dogs (which I sincerely hope she is), there will be rules and logistics involved in the dogs being screened before being allowed to safely enter the country. I recall there was a discussion here awhile back regarding Meghan obtaining British citizenship. Living in country for awhile is surely part of that process.
Old 08-05-2017, 07:07 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiaMia_53 View Post

I don't get people framing a proposal in Africa as Harry "copying his brother." Should Harry decide to propose in Africa, it will be in his own way after all, and frankly we won't be witnessing it anyway. Was William "copying" his grandparents when he proposed to Kate in Africa? Nope, I would call it more of a romantic tradition, which doesn't mean that it's not special and unique for each of these different Mountbatten-Windsor couples. If a proposal happens, we may hear about only a few small details, not the full in-living-color reality. Even the inevitable television film about the M&H romance (following in the footsteps of all the W&K overwrought dramas) will be fantasized by screenwriters.
Balmoral (where E&P got engaged) is in Scotland, not Africa. Unless you were referring to Johnny and Frances, did they get engaged in Africa?
Old 08-05-2017, 07:41 AM
Heir Presumptive

I doubt it.
Old 08-05-2017, 07:47 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapstar View Post
Hmm. Back-to-back holidays to Italy then Africa. He’s lucky he isn’t the Yorks or the Cambridges or the British press would rake him over the coals.

But this is a very nice gesture to Meghan. A far cry from the Harry who ditched Chelsy on her birthday to go to Paris with his friends and watch rugby.

He’s either learnt his lesson regarding how he treats his girlfriends or he feels a deeper love for Meghan than his previous gfs.

These do seem like statement pictures, maybe not an engagement in the near future but Harry is trying to send out a message.
Old 08-05-2017, 07:51 AM
Heir Presumptive

Possibly he's just older and more serious minded, though I'm not relaly convinced of that. He may just be fonder of Meghan and n ot wanting to upset her, as she is a busy lady and if she takes time off for being with him, he does not want to let her down.
Old 08-05-2017, 08:04 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I don't think any of us can presume to know what Harry is thinking or feeling or planning to eat for breakfast tomorrow. Other than the very few rare photos we have of this couple together, we have nothing to really go by.

This time of the year is when all the BRF take summer breaks as the Queen heads to Balmoral so its not surprising that Harry is pretty much clear to follow his own inclinations of what he wants to do with his time. As for a possible engagement, all we will ever know will be told when they publicly announce an engagement. The details most likely will remain private between the two people getting engaged. For all we know, they could already be privately engaged and just waiting for the best opportune time to make a public announcement.

One thing seems apparent though and that is that they're still together and still extremely happy with each other and are still spending time together with each other when they possibly can.
Old 08-05-2017, 08:32 AM
Aristocracy

Really nice seeing the pictures of Harry and Meghan. They look so lovely together. I hope that they have a safe and happy holiday! In regards to a future engagement, there are only 7 continents in this world, wherever Harry chooses to propose, it's a given that he'll be 'copying' someone. I'm sure it will be special regardless of wherever and whenever it takes place.
Old 08-05-2017, 08:32 AM
Heir Apparent

How much time usually elapses between an engagement announcement and a Royal wedding?
I can't remember, but I know it isn't usually a full year.
Old 08-05-2017, 08:37 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:

I don't think there is any issues with them living together, but what about Meghan living at a royal palace before marrying into the family? I know she's stayed there when she's visiting Harry, but if she moves, that's more of a permanent thing.
It would be unprecedented, wouldn't it ? I don't think the Queen would agree to it.
Old 08-05-2017, 08:48 AM
Heir Presumptive

I should think that if he is serious about Meghan, the queen will endorse his living iwht her discreetly perhaps at some private location. IMO they need to have a chance to live together for a bit, in as "ordinary" a way as possible so that she has more experience of the UK than holiday trips before she commits to it.
Old 08-05-2017, 09:09 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
It would be unprecedented, wouldn't it ? I don't think the Queen would agree to it.
The Queen approved her son, Prince Edward living with then Sophie Rhys-Jones in a royal palace for years before they were married.
Old 08-05-2017, 09:14 AM
Heir Apparent

I won't believe it until I see matching tattoos. That's real commitment.

I got sucked in when they became 'beanie buddies' but not again. It's not real until I see tattoos
Old 08-05-2017, 09:25 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeT View Post
The Queen approved her son, Prince Edward living with then Sophie Rhys-Jones in a royal palace for years before they were married.
That's right! She was also part of the family even before she was officially part of the family. The Queen just allows her children and grandchildren to live their lives.

A.W. TOZER
Old 08-05-2017, 09:42 AM
Heir Presumptive

yes and no. she allowed the Edward and Sophie relationship to be live in, because she was aware that she could not afford her last child to end up in a divorce.. However harry is always moving around it seems and I don't think his apartemetn at KP is that big. So possibly as Meg is also a well known person, for the sake of discretion and avoiding the press, she would problaby authorise them living somewhere "off site" of the royal palaces.
She can't entirely allow them to lead their own lives because they are part of the monarchy, and she has a responsibility, unless they drop out of royal life, to see that they behave sutiably. She can't stop affairs and foolish behaviour but she can make some demands such as making sure that they marry someone that they at least have spent a good deal of time with, rather than the shorter courtships that they used to have. She used to ignore things, but now I thik she is more pro active.
Old 08-05-2017, 09:47 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiaMia_53 View Post
But it's entirely possible Meghan is being or has already been written out of the show and won't be needed back for full filming because she won't be appearing in many scenes. For all we know, she could have filmed a few scenes in advance that may effectively end her full participation on the show. And if she's needed back, it might only be for a short period of time.

The Queen and Prince Phillip got engaged in England..as did Johnny and Frances.

So there is no real tradition of BRF getting engaged in Africa.

LaRae

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
Possibly he's just older and more serious minded, though I'm not relaly convinced of that. He may just be fonder of Meghan and n ot wanting to upset her, as she is a busy lady and if she takes time off for being with him, he does not want to let her down.

Really? Sorry there is no guy in the world going to do what Harry has been doing if he's just in a casual relationship...and the same applies to Meghan.

LaRae

Quote:
As the couple gets more serious and some time has passed since they started dating, the conversation of Meghan moving to London and the couple possibly live together for awhile comes up more often. I'm wondering how would the British public feel about them living together at Kensington Palace/ Nottingham Cottage before marriage?

Well when she's there visiting Harry she pretty much is living with him and if he goes to Toronto he's pretty much living with her.

In this day and age I don't think folks would turn a hair if she moved in with Harry in his cottage. I think all of them after Charles and Diana era have quietly 'lived together' prior to their wedding...however IIRC it's only been with those they have ended up marrying. Edward, William, Zara etc all have.

LaRae
Old 08-05-2017, 10:04 AM
Heir Apparent

Shade from the Telegraph?

Quote:
It is not the first time the prince has used the location to impress women, having previously taken his former girlfriend Chelsy Davy on a number of holidays to the destination prior to them splitting up.
Read more: Prince Harry wows Meghan Markle with an African safari and sunset to celebrate her 36th birthday