The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2017, 02:03 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiaMia_53 View Post
Well, possibly Meghan was/is ready to move on from Suits. Watchers of the show suggest that latest storylines are setting up the possibility for her character to be written out. In any case, a parting with the show is probably somewhat bittersweet for Meghan, particularly if the show is signed up for an 8th season. That possibility should also be announced soon one way or the other.

Since Meghan's character is part of an ensemble cast, there's the possibility for someone else to build up a similar character role that can somewhat fill the vacuum of Meghan leaving. Another important character (Jessica Pearson) was basically written out when actor Gina Torres left the show after season 5. Torres has come back to guest star. She had made the decision to leave the show in order to move back to L.A. for family reasons.
It was reported awhile back that she wanted to have a family and long term relationship/marriage and was willing to change her career if that came along.

LaRae

Old 08-04-2017, 03:01 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
If, and I say again if Harry and Meghan are still an item and I am inclined to believe they are as 'The Tig" or a newer incarnation has not made an appearance, I believe Meghan is putting her all into what must surely be her last season on 'Suits'. We know there is a break somewhere around the Jul/Aug and if it has started who knows as it seems the entire cast and crew are all keeping their mouths firmly shut.

I find this an interesting development. Yes I would love to see the odd shot of the pair of them, yes I wouldn't mind the odd shot of either heading across the Atlantic and yes the less sensible part of me would love some gossip. But just think, whether they are or are not still an item, it takes a pretty special sort of lady to inspire that sort of loyalty among her friends let alone her co-workers as either way they have totally closed protective ranks around her.
Indeed, Meghan is as she expressed to her Tig fans, much more than 'enough'! She's the bees knees and the cat's whiskers! Best wishes to Meghan and her loved ones on her 36th birthday!

And yes @MARG, your comments make perfect sense. BTW, the picture I'd most like to see is of Meghan and Prince Harry with her two sweet dogs, Bogart and Guy. I so wish the media would back off and get a clue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
It was reported awhile back that she wanted to have a family and long term relationship/marriage and was willing to change her career if that came along.
Absolutely. I'm happy for Meghan and Harry if they are true soulmates. And yet, I have mixed feelings about her having to be so undercover these days when she was such an accessible and delightful person with everyone she met previously in her life and career.

Old 08-04-2017, 03:26 PM
Majesty

I really don't have any torn feelings in regard to how she is having to conduct things/make changes in her life ...she was well aware of how it can go when dating a member of the BRF. If it was too much for her she'd of already gone her own way.

She is freely choosing to be part of it all. Of course I think the media is overly intrusive and shameful with how they conduct themselves most of the time too.

LaRae
Old 08-04-2017, 03:36 PM
Courtier

personally, where ever they are or whatever they are doing, I'm glad that the hoopla has died down around them and I hope they are able to have some sort of normalcy in their relationship before they either decide to stay together or separate. You can tell that Harry wants to settle down with the right woman, and he definitely deserves the chance to try and find her w/o the press hounding them!
Old 08-04-2017, 03:57 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by sesa View Post
... I'm glad that the hoopla has died down around them ...
Unfortunately, there's no indication that media hoopla has died down. It's just that Meghan, Harry and all of Meghan's friends and co-workers have closed protective ranks, while M&H have pulled back and gone undercover even more than they had previously.

That's why Patrick J. Adams seems upset with himself for posting the harmless pic that was snapped up in an instant and ran with irresponsibly by the tabloids. Tabs apparently can't wait to get their hands on anything they can regarding M&H. And in the absence of anything at all, they resort to making stuff up out of thin air.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
I really don't have any torn feelings in regard to how she is having to conduct things/make changes in her life ...she was well aware of how it can go when dating a member of the BRF. If it was too much for her she'd of already gone her own way.

She is freely choosing to be part of it all. Of course I think the media is overly intrusive and shameful with how they conduct themselves most of the time too.
You are right. I don't know Meghan personally, so it's just the way I'm feeling and not a reflection on how she feels and is moving forward with her life. I only got to know Meghan from afar after hearing the news she was dating Prince Harry. I would not have been that interested had I not discovered (due to her accessible public profile) what a cool, sweet, fun-loving and caring person Meghan is. What @MARG posted earlier is right. The way Meghan's friends and co-workers are backing her up is telling of what a wonderful person she is, and Harry obviously sees something special in Meghan too. That doesn't make her a saint. It just speaks volumes about her worth as a down-to-earth human being. Too bad that the media won't temper their snarky OTT intrusiveness.

Patrick J. Adams just removed his Instagram today because Hello mag copped an innocuous picture he posted from an old Suits photo-op of Meghan kissing his cheek. Hello ran with it to create a made-up story, and Daily Fail and other irresponsible tabs have followed suit (no pun intended). What a shame that Patrick felt the need to completely delete his Instagram. He also called out Hello mag on his Twitter account, and apologized indirectly to Meghan. Fans are supportive of Patrick and not happy that he felt forced to remove the cute pic of him and Meghan sweetly goofing on Suits set years ago.

https://twitter.com/halfadams/status/893511072778506240

If I had known of Meghan sooner via Suits and all her interviews, articles, etc., I would have totally been a fan prior to the 'dating Prince Harry' circus and tiresome undercover intrigue. As I said earlier, I'm happy for Meghan and Harry if they are true soulmates, but I'm sad that the media won't temper their OTT intrusiveness.
Old 08-04-2017, 04:29 PM
Courtier

The using of that pix from a friend's instagram is just the most recent example of overstepping by the press. We've seen lots of friends of royals facebook pix used and the like. That's an example of the abusive creepiness of the press. While it's wrong that they subject the individual they are hounding to the stalking and the like, they also stalk, harass, etc. all of that person's family and friends. Very distressing that just because you are friends or a co worker or related to or with some one who dates a royal that suddenly everything about your past is exhumed and revealed, that you become fair game for written revelations and attacks and staked out in case their quarry shows up at your place, etc.. There really needs to be huge penalties for this intrusiveness, it's really gotten out of hand, IMO.
Old 08-04-2017, 04:32 PM
Nobility

Someone just pointed out on another site that Meghan shares her birthday with President Barack Obama.

Cool. Both are August 4th lionhearts!
Old 08-04-2017, 04:47 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiaMia_53 View Post
Someone just pointed out on another site that Meghan shares her birthday with President Barack Obama.

Cool. Both are August 4th lionhearts!
Yeah, I noticed. She's 36 and he's 56. I hope they are enjoying their birthdays with their loved ones.

A.W. TOZER
Old 08-04-2017, 04:58 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Happy birthday to Meghan (and Barack Obama!) - I hope she had a great day.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 08-04-2017, 05:17 PM
Nobility

Yep, 'having' a great day, as it isn't over yet. Surely, Meghan is relaxing and enjoying a divine time in which to savor treats, open gifts, and relax with loved ones and special friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sndral View Post
The using of that pix from a friend's instagram is just the most recent example of overstepping by the press. We've seen lots of friends of royals facebook pix used and the like. That's an example of the abusive creepiness of the press. While it's wrong that they subject the individual they are hounding to the stalking and the like, they also stalk, harass, etc. all of that person's family and friends. Very distressing that just because you are friends or a co worker or related to or with some one who dates a royal that suddenly everything about your past is exhumed and revealed, that you become fair game for written revelations and attacks and staked out in case their quarry shows up at your place, etc.. There really needs to be huge penalties for this intrusiveness, it's really gotten out of hand, IMO.
Sadly too true, unfortunately.

But it's looking like Prince Harry and Meghan are geared up to weather the storm. Certainly, Harry and the royals will not passively brook a repeat of the media 'hounding' and isolated trial-by-fire that his mother, Diana, struggled through.
Old 08-04-2017, 05:19 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Well, a lot of people often finish their celebrations by now unless they are having parties, which is why I used the past tense. Perhaps Meghan's having a party and therefore is still 'having a great time'

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 08-04-2017, 05:22 PM
Commoner

Man people are mean online - they must have attack her costar Patrick Adams for posting that picture of him and Meghan so much that he deleted his IG ..
Old 08-04-2017, 06:11 PM
Nobility

I think Patrick deleted his Instagram in order to head off at the pass trolling by the tabloids and stealing of anymore innocuous pics. Hello had also linked to his Instagram, so it's understandable he didn't want the whole world crashing it.

Too bad Patrick felt the need to delete his Instagram account, but clearly it was necessary in his estimation. He may have felt there were other old pics of him and Meghan up and it was easier to remove everything rather than going through to edit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
Well, a lot of people often finish their celebrations by now unless they are having parties, which is why I used the past tense. Perhaps Meghan's having a party and therefore is still 'having a great time'
Sure, and yes, I totally forgot about the time difference between Eastern North America and Great Britain.
Old 08-04-2017, 06:36 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Meghan and Harry are in Africa.

https://twitter.com/RoyalReporter/st...85615219982338
Old 08-04-2017, 06:50 PM
Imperial Majesty

Hope the two of them are having an exciting time.

A.W. TOZER
Old 08-04-2017, 07:33 PM
Aristocracy

he looks genuinely happy....i think an engagement is gonna happen on this trip...(even if its not announced)...its really nice to see him looking so happy...I hope they are left alone on their trip.

I dont think i have ever seen him look this happy.
Old 08-04-2017, 07:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

Oh this is a bitter sweet photo.

On one hand I am so happy to see it. He looks so besotted with her.😍😍

However on the other hand, I feel bad as now the world knows were they are and more pap pics are likely to follow.😔
Old 08-04-2017, 07:38 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapstar View Post
Harry looking like the cat who got the cream. I hope they have a good time and some good news.

It has been so long since we have seen them together. They look do darn cute and happy.
Old 08-04-2017, 07:52 PM
Heir Presumptive

They look SO happy and cute! I agree, I hope this is a very special occasion.

I really like them as a couple
Old 08-04-2017, 07:52 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa View Post
Oh this is a bitter sweet photo.

On one hand I am so happy to see it. He looks so besotted with her.😍😍

However on the other hand, I feel bad as now the world knows were they are and more pap pics are likely to follow.😔
To be fair, both China and India fit together into sub-Saharan Africa, and the article wasn't any more specific than "Africa". They also pixilated out the blue folder the airport worker was carrying, I'm guessing to obfuscate the specific airport.

Hopefully they'll have some peace and privacy.

I feel bad for Patrick having to shut down his IG. It's also a loss for fans who enjoyed the glimpses into the behind-the-scenes on Suits.