The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2017, 04:56 PM
Nobility

Meghan isn't a household name, and isn't that recognizably looking. Using fake names, dressing down and using vip and private entrances etc makes it easier to get by without being seen. It just proves, to me, that it's not that hard to avoid being papped, if one makes effort to keep their whereabouts secret. It would be lovely to get pictures, but it'll happen in due time. I love that Meghan has her mom with her.

There's been a noticeable shift in the visits, I'm thinking that UK is becoming their more permanent place slowly but surely. And it seems to be OK with Meghan, I doubt she'll have any problems settling in UK, and making it her home.

Old 07-28-2017, 05:11 PM
Commoner

The thing about the hello report.. is that non of the other media has picked it up to consign it , None.. just HELLO.. that tells me the other outlet were not able to verify that information, leading me to think it may not be true.

Old 07-28-2017, 06:52 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
There aren't so many paps around in London as there once were, if there were there would be more photos of the Cambridges when they are in London.
Isn't it possible that they are just missing their shots? Why would there be less paps in London now? Has there been some kind of crack down?
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 07-28-2017, 06:58 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
Isn't it possible that they are just missing their shots? Why would there be less paps in London now? Has there been some kind of crack down?
Summer hols - not many high profilers to find inside London until September.
Old 07-28-2017, 07:29 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunfuntrave View Post
The thing about the hello report.. is that non of the other media has picked it up to consign it , None.. just HELLO.. that tells me the other outlet were not able to verify that information, leading me to think it may not be true.
Im beginning to believe the same. Meghan in London with her Mom is a pretty big story. Not a peep from the usual suspects about it. Maybe they are double checking their sources for a big Sunday paper story. Or HELLO jumped the gun on a false sighting
Old 07-28-2017, 10:28 PM
Majesty

Yeah..and no pics at all, or a 'eye witness' interviewed....unless it was one of their people who saw them but didn't have a camera on them or didn't think fast enough to take a pic....or mistaken identity.

LaRae
Old 07-29-2017, 12:13 AM
Heir Presumptive

There are no photos just like Harry asked for but people aren't happy ??
Old 07-29-2017, 02:13 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
There are no photos just like Harry asked for but people aren't happy ??
I think many fans of Meghan and Harry are happy to a degree that they are protecting their privacy very strongly and expertly. The tabloid media need to be sent stern messages to ratchet down the OTT ridiculosity, hounding and intrusiveness.

OTOH, if the media would act more calmly and professionally, it would definitely be nice to see more photos of Meghan & Harry together. The problem is the irresponsible way their relationship is being covered by many media outlets.

I personally wish them well, and within reason, I'd like to know a bit more about how their relationship is progressing. I'd also like to see more of M&H together, and of Meghan especially (she was so accessible previously -- although I know that had to change due to the relentless scrutiny anyone dating a royal automatically receives).
Old 07-29-2017, 03:35 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiaMia_53 View Post
I think many fans of Meghan and Harry are happy to a degree that they are protecting their privacy very strongly and expertly. The tabloid media need to be sent stern messages to ratchet down the OTT ridiculosity, hounding and intrusiveness.

OTOH, if the media would act more calmly and professionally, it would definitely be nice to see more photos of Meghan & Harry together. The problem is the irresponsible way their relationship is being covered by many media outlets.

I personally wish them well, and within reason, I'd like to know a bit more about how their relationship is progressing. I'd also like to see more of M&H together, and of Meghan especially (she was so accessible previously -- although I know that had to change due to the relentless scrutiny anyone dating a royal automatically receives).
I think no news is frustrating but that's the way it goes. We may get the odd photo such as on the street heading to the movies or at Polo as we have seen earlier, but I think we need to remember the BRF modus operandi for romance . . . no freebies until the engagement is announced.
Old 07-29-2017, 08:48 AM
Nobility

Most people don't have a clue what Meghan's mother looks like. It's not that hard for me to think, that Meghan and her mother could come to UK using private flights, vip exits etc, and not be seen. Meghan has been multiple times in the UK with only a few sightings or none. This visit wasn't announced by pr people, so it's not that farfetched to think that the random sighter reported their sighting to Hello.
Old 07-29-2017, 10:37 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocoasneeze View Post
Most people don't have a clue what Meghan's mother looks like. It's not that hard for me to think, that Meghan and her mother could come to UK using private flights, vip exits etc, and not be seen. Meghan has been multiple times in the UK with only a few sightings or none. This visit wasn't announced by pr people, so it's not that farfetched to think that the random sighter reported their sighting to Hello.

You are right come to think of it... also Hello has a pretty good reputation
Old 07-29-2017, 12:56 PM
Majesty

Meghan herself it would be easy enough to go incognito. Even with Harry they have managed to avoid a lot of attention. If she wasn't known to be in London, had her cap on and head down, easily could miss being seen. No ginger at her side to draw more attention. And very few people would remember what her mother looked like from the what one time we have seen her.

Hello seems pretty descent. As far as those kinds of publications go. Definitely not as determined as something like the fail.
Old 07-29-2017, 02:26 PM
Majesty

Wouldn't word have got out from the hotel?

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 07-29-2017, 02:27 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
Wouldn't word have got out from the hotel?
Might not be at a hotel.

LaRae
Old 07-29-2017, 03:54 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Might not be at a hotel.

LaRae
I wouldnt expect Meghans mother to be staying at Nottingham Cottage.

Old 07-29-2017, 04:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Meghan might have friends in London that she and her mother are staying with. Her mother might have London friends.
Old 07-29-2017, 04:11 PM
Majesty

Quote:
I wouldnt expect Meghans mother to be staying at Nottingham Cottage.
There are other options in London besides a hotel or Nott. Cottage.

LaRae
Old 07-29-2017, 05:34 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
There are other options in London besides a hotel or Nott. Cottage.

LaRae
There are but I still think it would leak out - and they would have to leave the building!

I dont "follow" Meghan but from what people have said on here, she doesnt know people in UK.

IM with those who dont believe this.

I think its more likely he's not in the UK. Nothing in the diary, August is a quiet royal month - I hope they are somewhere where they can enjoy quality time

(Prob proven wrong shortly

Old 07-29-2017, 05:49 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
Meghan might have friends in London that she and her mother are staying with. Her mother might have London friends.
Exactly. Before her relationship with Harry, Meghan used to visit the UK for work and pleasure. She also has friends in the UK that she has known for several years. Meghan has also spoken about numerous countries where both she and her mother have visited in the past.

Whether the Hello article is correct or not, who knows? Maybe it is partially correct and Meg and her Mum were in the UK or the story is completely fabricated as 'everyone' seems to want to be the first to get the story. All I know is that Suits is currently filming the final episode for the first half of season 7 and they should be done filming by the end of the week. If Meghan was here visiting Harry then I'm glad that they had the private time together that they wanted.

It's not far fetched for me to believe that no paps have captured Meghan's visits, Harry is way more visible than Meghan and we rarely see private pictures of him either. Most recently Harry was seen at the concert in Hyde Park, but other than that nothing. The same for the very popular William and Catherine, other than Pippa's wedding in May when has there been any pap pics of the Cambridges?
Old 07-29-2017, 07:00 PM
Majesty

Quote:
There are but I still think it would leak out - and they would have to leave the building!

I dont "follow" Meghan but from what people have said on here, she doesnt know people in UK.

IM with those who dont believe this.

I think its more likely he's not in the UK. Nothing in the diary, August is a quiet royal month - I hope they are somewhere where they can enjoy quality time

(Prob proven wrong shortly

DeeT pretty much said what I was going to say about Meghan's options, which I believe are more than a hotel or Nott Cott

LaRae