The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2017, 11:10 AM
Nobility

[QUOTE=Denville;2003168]Its possible that he is more "loved" than William. but IMO ther'es plenty "not to love". There was the dressing as a German at the party, the getting drunk and abusing a barman as a kid. the getting naked in Vegas when he was plenty old enough to behave better. THat's not going to be excused as youthful high spirits...[/QUOTE,

IMO, I do not think it is possible to love one brother more then the other, both are the children of Diana and Charles, one is heir to a throne and one is not yet both seem very close to each other and have each other's backs so to speak.

Yes Harry did some very foolish things as a teenager and young adult, so please tell me who in this world at that age does not rebel and act out foolishly, I sure did and I bet everyone here and elsewhere did, it is called IMO growing up and that Harry has done with flying colors. He has grown into a hard working, bright, intelligent, committed member of his family. And now hopefully he will have a wonderful woman at his side and that family he so desires....as his brother has done.

We all can be excused for those foolish mistakes as a young adult as long as those foolish mistakes hurt no one other then themselves, more like embarrassed themselves by those mistakes for all the world to see.

Old 07-16-2017, 12:44 PM
Nobility

This thread is well on its way to being shut down for the upteenth time. It is getting heated and personal.

Old 07-16-2017, 12:47 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
I don't think anyone here really objects to valid criticism ..it's when things start being made up it becomes an issue and people rightfully push back.

LaRae
This is totally the point here and the one I was making. Thank you.
Old 07-16-2017, 12:52 PM
Nobility

Lets move back to Meghan and Harry:

It seems a pal of Harry's from the US let something slip maybe?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/402975...e-royal-beans/
Old 07-16-2017, 12:54 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
We just all have to remain calm, be respectful towards each other and when making statements that reflect our opinions, be able to credibly back up where we formed our opinion from with sources and old Aunt Prudie's cat that seems to be psychic isn't one.
Old 07-16-2017, 12:55 PM
Heir Apparent

I think that was just a person who isn't used to dealing with a media which is intent on trapping/leading someone into saying something more than they mean.

LaRae
Old 07-16-2017, 12:59 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
This is the reason behind all of the privacy between Harry and Meghan to begin with. The less they say, the less that they're seen in public and the more their faces are only seen when they're doing what they do as professionals, people cannot read something different into something that isn't there to begin with.

These two are professional when it comes to pulling up the drawbridge to their door and the moat is filled with alligators and crocodiles. What we will know about those two are very much in the hands of the two people that matter.
Old 07-16-2017, 01:17 PM
Heir Apparent

I think too it is easy to forget how Meghan grew up. She grew up around the Hollywood type folks to some degree..so she's known most of her life the dangers of the press.

LaRae
Old 07-16-2017, 01:39 PM
Nobility

In that Sun article was an interesting tidbit:

Ms Markle has said in the past that she doesn’t wish to become a princess, and would like to avoid a like of “shaking hands, cutting ribbons and kissing babies in public”.

When has Meghan said this? Anyone know?
Old 07-16-2017, 01:46 PM
Heir Apparent

Just more made up nonsense. Right like someone in her adult life said hey Meghan do you want to be a princess?

LaRae
Old 07-16-2017, 01:55 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocoasneeze View Post
In that Sun article was an interesting tidbit:

Ms Markle has said in the past that she doesn’t wish to become a princess, and would like to avoid a like of “shaking hands, cutting ribbons and kissing babies in public”.

When has Meghan said this? Anyone know?
It comes from a Life & Style article that claims that Harry is going to cut back on his royal duties in order to marry Meghan. In the original article, it was carefully written to give the impression, but not state, that Meghan had said those words.

Quote:
As Life & Style previously reported, the 35-year-old actress has no interest in becoming the next Kate Middleton — aka a "life of shaking hands, cutting ribbons, and kissing babies in public."
It's been picked up by the Express, Star, and now Sun, but nothing in an article written by their regular royal beat reporters.
Old 07-16-2017, 01:59 PM
Heir Apparent

They are trying to create stories to sell papers.

LaRae
Old 07-16-2017, 02:31 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by hel View Post
It comes from a Life & Style article that claims that Harry is going to cut back on his royal duties in order to marry Meghan. In the original article, it was carefully written to give the impression, but not state, that Meghan had said those words.

It's been picked up by the Express, Star, and now Sun, but nothing in an article written by their regular royal beat reporters.
I find it extremely hard to believe that Prince Harry sat down with someone from this rag of a magazine and told them that about himself and his girlfriend. I see this so called magazine all the time and some of the stories they make up would make people seem like aliens. This is just a way to get people to buy this rag and that is all about money. If and when there is any news about Prince Harry and or his girlfriend I will believe it when it comes from them period, anyone else do not need apply for that job.
Old 07-16-2017, 02:36 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by M. Payton View Post
I find it extremely hard to believe that Prince Harry sat down with someone from this rag of a magazine and told them that about himself and his girlfriend. I see this so called magazine all the time and some of the stories they make up would make people seem like aliens. This is just a way to get people to buy this rag and that is all about money. If and when there is any news about Prince Harry and or his girlfriend I will believe it when it comes from them period, anyone else do not need apply for that job.
No-one believes Life & Style. That's why just saying "It's originally from Life & Style" is pointing out that it's not credible.
Old 07-16-2017, 02:46 PM
Nobility

Thanks, that's what I thought. She's been so low key and tight lipped about this relationship and her private life in general, that I had hard time believing she'd ever said anything like that.
Old 07-16-2017, 02:49 PM
Aristocracy

Life and Style Magazine, the same unreliable source that claimed last July 2016, "Kate Middleton is 4 Months Pregnant With Baby No. 3".
Old 07-16-2017, 03:02 PM
Serene Highness

I love this tabloid stuff; I wish I could write for one of those publications.
Old 07-16-2017, 03:21 PM

Nonsense. Meghan would regularly attend events at embassy's, the White House, U.N., etc. well before she met Harry when she was under no compulsion to do so.
Tabs may have been able to use the "Royal life is too dry and boring" angle with other Royal girlfriends but it doesn't fly with Meghan, who actually seems to like that stuff and, IMO, understands and appreciates its purpose in the life of a Royal probably better than most other girlfriend have.

Let's not forget she majored in international relations and tried on life as a diplomat at the US embassy in Argentina as well.

What are Royals if not diplomats and what are diplomats if not ribbon cutters and baby kissers? Suppressing their own personal views in order to advance the current administrations agenda. Learning and abiding by all the rules and etiquette of their host country so as not to step on toes or offend, being very careful with their speech and manner so as to be an excellent representative of their country, etc.

Meghan has had an excellent education in diplomacy and would have a better understanding of the purpose and responsibilities of being a royal than many other Royal girlfriends, I would guess.

I recall an old post on her now defunct blog, written shortly after her U.N. Speech I believe, where she wrote that she had been missing that part of her life when the U.N. contacted her and how happy she was to be getting into it again.

I can think of some parts of Royal life that might give Meghan pause, the diplomacy aspect is not one of them, IMO.
Old 07-16-2017, 03:32 PM
Aristocracy

^^ Yes, I also recall Meghan commenting about how happy she was when the UN contacted her. She also mentioned that she took the role so seriously that she went and spent her own time shadowing someone in their role at the UN.

That's what really impressed me about Meghan, she's had various experiences outside of acting. And along with the experiences, she actually has the education specific to diplomacy.
Old 07-16-2017, 04:00 PM
Nobility

[QUOTE=M. Payton;2003304]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
Its possible that he is more "loved" than William. but IMO ther'es plenty "not to love". There was the dressing as a German at the party, the getting drunk and abusing a barman as a kid. the getting naked in Vegas when he was plenty old enough to behave better. THat's not going to be excused as youthful high spirits...[/QUOTE,

IMO, I do not think it is possible to love one brother more then the other, both are the children of Diana and Charles, one is heir to a throne and one is not yet both seem very close to each other and have each other's backs so to speak.

Yes Harry did some very foolish things as a teenager and young adult, so please tell me who in this world at that age does not rebel and act out foolishly, I sure did and I bet everyone here and elsewhere did, it is called IMO growing up and that Harry has done with flying colors. He has grown into a hard working, bright, intelligent, committed member of his family. And now hopefully he will have a wonderful woman at his side and that family he so desires....as his brother has done.

We all can be excused for those foolish mistakes as a young adult as long as those foolish mistakes hurt no one other then themselves, more like embarrassed themselves by those mistakes for all the world to see.
Another reason for Harry's past bad behavior was the problems he had in dealing with his mother's death, which he got help for and which helped lead to the successful mental health initiative. I think the recent controversial interview he gave will soon be water under the bridge as he continues to be the very hard working member of his family that he is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
We just all have to remain calm, be respectful towards each other and when making statements that reflect our opinions, be able to credibly back up where we formed our opinion from with sources and old Aunt Prudie's cat that seems to be psychic isn't one.
Aunt Prudie's cat!!! Osipi, you are so well informed and respectful in your posts. I love reading them.

Closed Thread