The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2017, 02:13 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
You gotta know its the gospel truth when you read stuff like that because its your #1 source for Elvis sightings too. Wonder if Elvis told her that the engagement to Harry just wouldn't ever work out and she'd end up being all shook up?

Old 07-15-2017, 02:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by AristoCat View Post
I'm disgusted that she is supposedly not supposed to want to advance herself. This country is all about bettering yourself in your own right, not just waiting to be rescued via marriage.
well if she wants to better herself fine. if she wants to be Royal, then she has to live a different sort of life. I am inclined to agree that although she's not that famous, and is mainly know in the UK for dating Harry, she probably does see Publicity as very important and courts it...
however she hasn't as far as I know achieved that much publicity this side of the Pond except as H's girlfriend. but if she wants to marry him, she's going to have to rein that in and only do PR in a very "tasteful" manner.

Old 07-15-2017, 02:38 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
well if she wants to better herself fine. if she wants to be Royal, then she has to live a different sort of life. I am inclined to agree that although she's not that famous, and is mainly know in the UK for dating Harry, she probably does see Publicity as very important and courts it...
however she hasn't as far as I know achieved that much publicity this side of the Pond except as H's girlfriend. but if she wants to marry him, she's going to have to rein that in and only do PR in a very "tasteful" manner.

How does she court the publicity? What PR does she need to rein in? I'm confused, really, to read how she does all this pr and wants publicity, when I see the exact opposite.
Old 07-15-2017, 02:45 PM
Heir Apparent

I've seen her do nothing to court the media since early on in her relationship. She figured out pretty quickly things would get out of hand. She's hardly put a foot wrong since everything became public.

I don't think anyone could expect anything more.

LaRae
Old 07-15-2017, 03:10 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
The only recent publicity Meghan has actively participated in was in relation to her role on Suits. They did a table reading of an episode. It wasn't just Meghan but the cast along with her. That was all part and parcel of how she makes her living and is probably included in her contract for the program.

Other than that, we've seen very little of Meghan. On both sides of the pond too.
Old 07-15-2017, 03:27 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
She isn't a royal yet and she shouldn't be expected to change her life as if she has to 'audition' for the role and adjust to a way of life. Kate (Duchess Kate) might have chosen to curtail a career, but that was a choice, not a requirement. She has no business being asked to change anything about her career and as far as I'm concerned she might not get the ring and she has gotten a lot of press, but has frankly not entered into any legal obligation to abide by some code of conduct.
Old 07-15-2017, 03:30 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
The only recent publicity Meghan has actively participated in was in relation to her role on Suits. They did a table reading of an episode. It wasn't just Meghan but the cast along with her. That was all part and parcel of how she makes her living and is probably included in her contract for the program.

Other than that, we've seen very little of Meghan. On both sides of the pond too.
Exactly! Meghan barely goes outside! What is she supposed to do? Harry manages to go out, and it is okay, but she's supposed to become a recluse? This is ridiculous. Meghan's conduct has been exemplary, especially the way that she's handled the hostile media onslaught.
Old 07-15-2017, 03:40 PM
Heir Apparent

My original point was that because she's a celebrity and used to paparazzi, some people think that will help in her princess role and I disagree.

Her concept of celebrity and fame would have been different from Harry's concept of celebrity and fame.

Now that they've been together for a year there is probably a lot more common ground.

William gave an interview during the Jubilee and one of his comments was that his grandmother isn't a fan of celebrity

I never said she wasn't allowed to live her life the way she wants although she is clearly modifying herself since dating Harry.
Old 07-15-2017, 03:41 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by AristoCat View Post
She isn't a royal yet and she shouldn't be expected to change her life as if she has to 'audition' for the role and adjust to a way of life. Kate (Duchess Kate) might have chosen to curtail a career, but that was a choice, not a requirement. She has no business being asked to change anything about her career and as far as I'm concerned she might not get the ring and she has gotten a lot of press, but has frankly not entered into any legal obligation to abide by some code of conduct.

It's got nothing to do with legal obligations.

Many jobs require sacrifice as do most relationships. Whatever she decides she does so of her own free will.

LaRae
Old 07-15-2017, 08:08 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Quit making up stuff! Leave her alone! Meghan has not done one thing to court any publicity as you put it, and we all know it!! She may not be that famous, I can't judge that but she is to those that watch that show, "Suits".
Old 07-15-2017, 08:51 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Observer7 View Post
Quit making up stuff! Leave that girl alone! That girl has not done one thing to court any publicity as you put it, and we all know it!! She may not be that famous, I can't judge that but she is to those that watch that show, "Suits".
Thank you! Meghan rarely promotes her own television show, because she is trying to be respectful of Harry's position. I am sick of people, who belittle Meghan's accomplishments. No, she may not be on a mega superstar level, but she does have fans. Harry is a lucky man, because Meghan is a very intelligent, hardworking, well educated woman.
Old 07-15-2017, 10:35 PM
Nobility

Meghan has also earned her own money for her work. Suits has hit the 100th episode mark, making it eligible for syndication. Depending how the deal works out, Meghan would get a check for reruns for episodes she was and currently in. Meghan's net worth has been listed as 5 million USD - none due to inheritance. All the current married in brides worked - Kate, Camilla, Sophie, but how many made that kind of money? My guess Sophie because she started a PR firm herself.

Meghan may not be on Meryl Streep or Angela Bassett level of an actress, but she has had success in her own right and should not be discounted.
Old 07-15-2017, 10:51 PM
Majesty

I am guessing that initially, Meghan wouldn't have seen anything wrong with the photos taken on a private beach. I believe that Harry would have told her about the Cambridge's complaint about the topless photos may have changed her mind. It would also give her a glimpse of what's in store should she and Harry marry.

I am not surprised she has added permanent security just to keep the paps media at bay but what is more interesting and alarming is the use of a private driver. Don't get me wrong, all of the cast have personal drivers provided but suddenly Meghan has "outsourced" her own. Have the media been chasing her car and is this a qualified security driver?

I am supposing that H & M's relationship is serious and, unlike W & C romance, it's going to be fast. My supposition lies in the sudden closing of her social media pages and severed ties with Reitmans which would mean PR for her job was not as important as it had been. She has participated in publicity for her show but little else public and that is by her choice.

I have to admit I am hoping this relationship will work and they will marry. Surprisingly, she's not a blonde and she hasn't spent her life waiting around for a handsome prince to ride in and save her from a life of mediocrity. Rather she has spent her time getting an education, has achieved success in her chosen career, has formidable "hobbies" and is a publicly avowed Feminist.

It seems to me that Meghan has her feet firmly set on mother earth and nobody can deny the last thing Harry needs is another airhead. But Harry and a feminist? Now that tickles my fancy.
Old 07-15-2017, 10:54 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnsha View Post
Thank you! Meghan rarely promotes her own television show, because she is trying to be respectful of Harry's position. I am sick of people, who belittle Meghan's accomplishments. No, she may not be on a mega superstar level, but she does have fans. Harry is a lucky man, because Meghan is a very intelligent, hardworking, well educated woman.
Harry is lucky to have her more so than she is to have him. She is well educated and a success and she has made her own money.
Old 07-15-2017, 11:02 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
I am guessing that initially, Meghan wouldn't have seen anything wrong with the photos taken on a private beach. I believe that Harry would have told her about the Cambridge's complaint about the topless photos may have changed her mind. It would also give her a glimpse of what's in store should she and Harry marry.

I am not surprised she has added permanent security just to keep the paps media at bay but what is more interesting and alarming is the use of a private driver. Don't get me wrong, all of the cast have personal drivers provided but suddenly Meghan has "outsourced" her own. Have the media been chasing her car and is this a qualified security driver?

I am supposing that H & M's relationship is serious and, unlike W & C romance, it's going to be fast. My supposition lies in the sudden closing of her social media pages and severed ties with Reitmans which would mean PR for her job was not as important as it had been. She has participated in publicity for her show but little else public and that is by her choice.

I have to admit I am hoping this relationship will work and they will marry. Surprisingly, she's not a blonde and she hasn't spent her life waiting around for a handsome prince to ride in and save her from a life of mediocrity. Rather she has spent her time getting an education, has achieved success in her chosen career, has formidable "hobbies" and is a publicly avowed Feminist.

It seems to me that Meghan has her feet firmly set on mother earth and nobody can deny the last thing Harry needs is another airhead. But Harry and a feminist? Now that tickles my fancy.

Perhaps her security and driver are being provided by Harry...and they are trying to pre-empt a situation like the ones that went on with Diana and IIRC even Kate.

Honestly I don't know that Harry would of had to explain anything to Meghan, there's lots of info out there about the past situation(s) and she's a smart girl... it wouldn't surprise me that she very much understood at Harry's actions.

It's always come across to me that both Harry and William are very much modern day guys and would support women in whatever endeavors they want to get involved with. In both the military and William's air rescue they would of worked directly with women in all sorts of high pressure situations...no surprises Harry is dating a rather independent type of woman.

LaRae
Old 07-15-2017, 11:16 PM
Heir Apparent

Surely she would have understood what the British tabloids (and photographers) were capable of by the madness that preceded the last November KP statement? If she didn't then she would be exceedingly stupid, which I know she isn't. I'm sure she and Harry have had many discussions about the British media and what it all means in the year or so that they have been together.
Old 07-16-2017, 12:16 AM
Nobility

I haven't seen this posted here. From an Australian chit-chat news outlet:

https://au.tv.yahoo.com/video/watch/...-meghan/#page1

The reporter seems so definite and confident. I wonder what he's basing his confidence of a pending engagement/ marriage on? Duncan Larcombe's reporting? The news we already know? Info we don't know from insider sources? The reporter didn't seem to realize that Meghan does have what the hosts called "second level security." This report is dated June 28 when Meghan traveled to London. Unlike what the reporter suggested, we did not find out anything more during the time Meghan spent in London. And when Meghan landed back in Toronto, there were pics showing her alighting from a vehicle with very visible security. Then there's the recent article about tightened security...

Anyway, the reporter seems so definite about a M/H marriage that I wonder if he has some reason to be so sure other than what is already known.

"There's no doubt she's going to be marrying into the royal family... whether it's announced this month, next month, or into next year, they are getting married."
Old 07-16-2017, 12:38 AM
Heir Apparent

I don't think he really knows anything on the inside...he's just probably going by how the wind is blowing.

LaRae
Old 07-16-2017, 12:54 AM
Heir Apparent

Yes, Peter Ford is just an entertainment reporter with all the credibility of that calling! He submits little reports on stars, musicians, shows etc for the light entertainment morning shows here.

Peter made a couple of boo boos actually about Maghan's 'Canadian' roots and about tabs searching for dirt on the Markles 'for a couple of years'. News indeed, considering they've only been going out together for twelve months! I'd rather trust to the credibility (or not) of that other contact I have who stated only a few days that, in spite of Twitter sneering, an engagement is still on the cards for the autumn.
Old 07-16-2017, 01:02 AM
Heir Presumptive

Let's face it no one knows when they will make an engagement announcement except maybe the Queen and their parents and I don't think they are going to talk to anyone.

Closed Thread