The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #6921  
Old 07-14-2017, 01:07 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Green Bay, United States
Posts: 583
I saw a US tabloid today claiming that Meghan is rethinking her engagement to Harry. It claims they have been engaged for 6 months. Good for a laugh. As bad as the Daily Fail.
__________________

__________________
  #6922  
Old 07-14-2017, 05:03 AM
Osipi's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 9,670
You gotta know its the gospel truth when you read stuff like that because its your #1 source for Elvis sightings too. Wonder if Elvis told her that the engagement to Harry just wouldn't ever work out and she'd end up being all shook up?
__________________

__________________
“In my walks, every man I meet is my superior in some way, and in that I learn from him.”
~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
  #6923  
Old 07-14-2017, 11:25 AM
HereditaryPrincess's Avatar
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Greater London, United Kingdom
Posts: 6,741
If we believe the gossip press then Catherine would have had about seven children by now given the amount of pregnancy rumours she has had and Harry would already be married to Meghan. That US tabloid is slacking!
__________________
"For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone". Audrey Hepburn

*
"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
  #6924  
Old 07-14-2017, 11:50 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Woodbridge, United States
Posts: 375
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandma828 View Post
I saw a US tabloid today claiming that Meghan is rethinking her engagement to Harry. It claims they have been engaged for 6 months. Good for a laugh. As bad as the Daily Fail.
If you believe that rag, then you believe that Kate is at war with the Queen and Brad and Jen are getting married again. It's all fanfic.
__________________
  #6925  
Old 07-15-2017, 06:57 AM
MaiaMia_53's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 428
Prince Harry wins a ruling against DF for publishing pictures of him at the private location of the Inskip wedding in Jamaica. I don't know if this is being discussed elsewhere on RF, but since it's related to his dating Meghan, I thought it would be appropriate to place the link here:

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...tos-ipso-rules


This is an interesting passage from the Duncan Larcombe article about Prince Harry (posted in Harry's General News thread):

"With Meghan, people may have written her off as unsuitable, but actually Harry has found somebody quite perfect because she is famous in her own right… and, quite clearly, from the way she’s behaved since the news has come out of their relationship I don’t think she is in it to help her career. It is because she likes Prince Harry so that is quite an exciting thing that’s happening... Meghan is already used to being photographed by paps, trolls on the internet and all the horrible side effects of fame. She didn’t have to get over that barrier that the other girlfriends have failed to so they are already starting off better."

Is it that she just 'likes' him, or is it more like love?
__________________
  #6926  
Old 07-15-2017, 07:25 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: *******, Canada
Posts: 5,996
Meghan comes from a world where almost any publicity is good publicity. She's learning that isn't the case in the BRF. Take the Jamaica pics, she was probably all like 'Babykins what's the big deal, just beach pics' and Harry will have explained the deal to her between private life and public. If she marries Harry, she goes from being a celebrity to basically a lifetime civil servant and it's a big difference between the two
__________________
  #6927  
Old 07-15-2017, 09:30 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 4,916
I've got a feeling that from their first dates Harry would have explained his (and his brother's) attitude to the British media and tabloid intrusions as experienced by the BRF. By Jamaica I don't think anything would come as a surprise to Meghan, more especially after the November statement, and her closing The Tig down, denying tabs like the DM an almost daily source for a while.
__________________
  #6928  
Old 07-15-2017, 09:47 AM
Madame Verseau's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Louisville, United States
Posts: 490
Entertainment Tonight is claiming Meghan had to increase her security:

EXCLUSIVE: Meghan Markle Has Tightened Security Since Dating Prince Harry, Travels With Guard 'at All Times'

If/when H & M become engaged, I believe she would be assigned a protection officer. If this story is true then Meghan would be accustomed to this aspect of royal life. It remains to be seen if she can learn the ins and out of the Firm and be able to acclimate.
__________________
  #6929  
Old 07-15-2017, 09:54 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Woodbridge, United States
Posts: 375
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Meghan comes from a world where almost any publicity is good publicity. She's learning that isn't the case in the BRF. Take the Jamaica pics, she was probably all like 'Babykins what's the big deal, just beach pics' and Harry will have explained the deal to her between private life and public. If she marries Harry, she goes from being a celebrity to basically a lifetime civil servant and it's a big difference between the two
Most actors do not come from bad publicity is good publicity, that is mainly for reality tv stars or pop stars. Most actors who are serious are rather lowkey and don't court bad press.

If MM where courting bad publicity she would be VISIBLE, she would be seen on the red carpet, she is rarely seen.
__________________
  #6930  
Old 07-15-2017, 10:04 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: *******, Canada
Posts: 5,996
Let's put it this way, if she wasn't dating Harry I doubt she'd have an issue with her beach pics being in magazines all over the world.

Celebrity publicity is different from royal publicity.
__________________
  #6931  
Old 07-15-2017, 10:14 AM
Pranter's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 6,372
If she wasn't dating Harry her pics wouldn't be in magazines all over the world.


LaRae
__________________
  #6932  
Old 07-15-2017, 10:30 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlowVera View Post
Most actors do not come from bad publicity is good publicity, that is mainly for reality tv stars or pop stars. Most actors who are serious are rather lowkey and don't court bad press.

If MM where courting bad publicity she would be VISIBLE, she would be seen on the red carpet, she is rarely seen.
Indeed. I agree with you AlowVera. From following Meghan, prior to Prince Harry, I've never gotten the vibe from her about getting just any type of publicity. It was only in recent years that she rightfully started promoting herself more. And she always seemed selective in what she chose to do. Her fashion shoots were mainly promoting various and nice styles of day and outerwear and not tons of beachwear. Even her social media prior to Harry did not have a ton of information about people in her private personal life like a lot of other celebrities.

Cooking, travelling, yoga, charity events and promoting Suits were mainly her focus. And now she is barely seen, so it's nice recently that she has been involved in some of the celebrations for Suits season 7 and the 100th show.
__________________
  #6933  
Old 07-15-2017, 11:55 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Somewhere in, United Kingdom
Posts: 463
How is 'any publicity good publicity' with Meghan, when she's closing down all forms of publicity tools for herself? She's given hardly any interviews, closed down the Tig, never posts on social media, and is barely seen. When was the last time she went to a public event, walked the red carpet etc? She's becoming more private after her relationship with Harry became public, and she was pretty private even before. Just because she's an actress doesn't mean she seeks out publicity and attention.
__________________
  #6934  
Old 07-15-2017, 12:02 PM
Osipi's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 9,670
There are different types of celebrities. Those that do everything they can to call attention to themselves such as we've seen recently with the Beckhams and then there are professionals such as Meghan where acting is her profession and calling attention to herself to just be known is not in her playbook.

Meghan has done a pretty good job of keeping her private life private even before Harry came onto the scene. If she had been any kind of an attention seeker, Harry would have seen that from a mile away and things wouldn't have progressed as they have.
__________________
“In my walks, every man I meet is my superior in some way, and in that I learn from him.”
~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
  #6935  
Old 07-15-2017, 12:05 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: *******, Canada
Posts: 5,996
She's closing down her social media and the like because of Harry. She's not doing it out of nowhere.

Some people seem to find it difficult to accept that prior to Harry, Meghan ( like all celebrities) relied on having her name out there. Whether doing interviews, a blog, clothing line, whatever

Now that she seems by all accounts to be a royal in waiting, no more chatting with the king of tabloids Piers Morgan or posting cute pics of bananas spooning.
__________________
  #6936  
Old 07-15-2017, 12:57 PM
Osipi's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 9,670
Exactly. This relationship is serious enough that slowly, but surely, Meghan is adapting her private life to be totally off limits to the public like Harry's is.

Even if this couple isn't heading anywhere near an engagement yet, one nice quality about Meghan is that she has enough respect for Harry to assure him that she will not be a cause of him unnecessarily getting press attention because of his public life. In this regard, she's already supporting Harry in his public life by keeping his private life as sacrosanct as she possibly can.
__________________
“In my walks, every man I meet is my superior in some way, and in that I learn from him.”
~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
  #6937  
Old 07-15-2017, 01:01 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Woodbridge, United States
Posts: 375
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
She's closing down her social media and the like because of Harry. She's not doing it out of nowhere.

Some people seem to find it difficult to accept that prior to Harry, Meghan ( like all celebrities) relied on having her name out there. Whether doing interviews, a blog, clothing line, whatever

Now that she seems by all accounts to be a royal in waiting, no more chatting with the king of tabloids Piers Morgan or posting cute pics of bananas spooning.
If she were to do part of her job which is promotion, keeping a social media presence, interacting with fans online, supporting brands...all of these actions are part of the job she would be called a famewhore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
There are different types of celebrities. Those that do everything they can to call attention to themselves such as we've seen recently with the Beckhams and then there are professionals such as Meghan where acting is her profession and calling attention to herself to just be known is not in her playbook.

Meghan has done a pretty good job of keeping her private life private even before Harry came onto the scene. If she had been any kind of an attention seeker, Harry would have seen that from a mile away and things wouldn't have progressed as they have.
I think there is middle ground in between being a Kardashian and being a totally reclusive actor. Alot of working actors supplement their income with promotion and branding.
__________________
  #6938  
Old 07-15-2017, 01:31 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Somewhere in, United Kingdom
Posts: 463
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
She's closing down her social media and the like because of Harry. She's not doing it out of nowhere.

Some people seem to find it difficult to accept that prior to Harry, Meghan ( like all celebrities) relied on having her name out there. Whether doing interviews, a blog, clothing line, whatever

Now that she seems by all accounts to be a royal in waiting, no more chatting with the king of tabloids Piers Morgan or posting cute pics of bananas spooning.
She still wasn't 'any publicity is good publicity' kind of celebrity. Her name was barely out there for anything other than her work. Part of her job is to promote the show, give interviews. And she made part of her income with a clothing line, good on her. She is a working actress. Was she supposed to live like a recluse before meeting Harry? I simply fail to see how she's seeking attention any way possible, because what I see is her closing all channels for that extra attention can come her way.

I'm thinking there's a reason for this added security, if it's true.
__________________
  #6939  
Old 07-15-2017, 02:01 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
She's closing down her social media and the like because of Harry. She's not doing it out of nowhere.

Some people seem to find it difficult to accept that prior to Harry, Meghan ( like all celebrities) relied on having her name out there. Whether doing interviews, a blog, clothing line, whatever

Now that she seems by all accounts to be a royal in waiting, no more chatting with the king of tabloids Piers Morgan or posting cute pics of bananas spooning.
Morgan also did a stint replacing Larry King on the his CNN talk show. Meghan and her Suits coworkers have appeared on and also been interviewed by Larry. Not everyone associated Piers with only tabloid journalism.

And yes, prior to Harry, Meghan was active in promoting, however I did not see her courting 'any publicity (as) good publicity'.
__________________
  #6940  
Old 07-15-2017, 02:26 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Waterford, United States
Posts: 1,071
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocoasneeze View Post
She still wasn't 'any publicity is good publicity' kind of celebrity. Her name was barely out there for anything other than her work. Part of her job is to promote the show, give interviews. And she made part of her income with a clothing line, good on her. She is a working actress. Was she supposed to live like a recluse before meeting Harry? I simply fail to see how she's seeking attention any way possible, because what I see is her closing all channels for that extra attention can come her way.

I'm thinking there's a reason for this added security, if it's true.
I'm disgusted that she is supposedly not supposed to want to advance herself. This country is all about bettering yourself in your own right, not just waiting to be rescued via marriage.
__________________

__________________
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (1 members and 1 guests)
ACO
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Popular Tags
affair archduchess marie astrid beatrice (1986- ) birthday carl gustaf chris o'neill crown princess mary crown princess victoria crown princess victoria hats current events denmark duchess of cambridge duke of york earl of snowdon english books family general news grand duke henri hereditary grand duchess stéphanie hereditary grand duke guillaume infanta cristina infanta leonor infanta sofia iñaki urdangarín jewels king felipe king felipe vi king philippe king willem-alexander letizia liechtenstein meme monarchy news prince alexander prince carl philip prince daniel prince felix prince gabriel prince harry prince harry of wales prince nicholas prince oscar princess beatrice princess claire of luxembourg princess estelle princess leonore princess madeleine princess margaretha of luxembourg princess mary style princess of asturias princess sofia princess victoria queen elizabeth ii queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen mathilde queen maxima queen silvia spanish jewels state visit state visit to spain stephanie sweden swedish royal family uae nature victoria zog



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:59 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017
Jelsoft Enterprises