The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2017, 01:07 AM
Courtier

I saw a US tabloid today claiming that Meghan is rethinking her engagement to Harry. It claims they have been engaged for 6 months. Good for a laugh. As bad as the Daily Fail.

Old 07-14-2017, 05:03 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
You gotta know its the gospel truth when you read stuff like that because its your #1 source for Elvis sightings too. Wonder if Elvis told her that the engagement to Harry just wouldn't ever work out and she'd end up being all shook up?

Old 07-14-2017, 11:25 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

If we believe the gossip press then Catherine would have had about seven children by now given the amount of pregnancy rumours she has had and Harry would already be married to Meghan. That US tabloid is slacking!

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 07-14-2017, 11:50 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandma828 View Post
I saw a US tabloid today claiming that Meghan is rethinking her engagement to Harry. It claims they have been engaged for 6 months. Good for a laugh. As bad as the Daily Fail.
If you believe that rag, then you believe that Kate is at war with the Queen and Brad and Jen are getting married again. It's all fanfic.
Old 07-15-2017, 06:57 AM
Nobility

Prince Harry wins a ruling against DF for publishing pictures of him at the private location of the Inskip wedding in Jamaica. I don't know if this is being discussed elsewhere on RF, but since it's related to his dating Meghan, I thought it would be appropriate to place the link here:

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...tos-ipso-rules

This is an interesting passage from the Duncan Larcombe article about Prince Harry (posted in Harry's General News thread):

"With Meghan, people may have written her off as unsuitable, but actually Harry has found somebody quite perfect because she is famous in her own right… and, quite clearly, from the way she’s behaved since the news has come out of their relationship I don’t think she is in it to help her career. It is because she likes Prince Harry so that is quite an exciting thing that’s happening... Meghan is already used to being photographed by paps, trolls on the internet and all the horrible side effects of fame. She didn’t have to get over that barrier that the other girlfriends have failed to so they are already starting off better."

Is it that she just 'likes' him, or is it more like love?
Old 07-15-2017, 07:25 AM
Heir Apparent

Meghan comes from a world where almost any publicity is good publicity. She's learning that isn't the case in the BRF. Take the Jamaica pics, she was probably all like 'Babykins what's the big deal, just beach pics' and Harry will have explained the deal to her between private life and public. If she marries Harry, she goes from being a celebrity to basically a lifetime civil servant and it's a big difference between the two
Old 07-15-2017, 09:30 AM
Heir Apparent

I've got a feeling that from their first dates Harry would have explained his (and his brother's) attitude to the British media and tabloid intrusions as experienced by the BRF. By Jamaica I don't think anything would come as a surprise to Meghan, more especially after the November statement, and her closing The Tig down, denying tabs like the DM an almost daily source for a while.
Old 07-15-2017, 09:47 AM
Nobility

Entertainment Tonight is claiming Meghan had to increase her security:

EXCLUSIVE: Meghan Markle Has Tightened Security Since Dating Prince Harry, Travels With Guard 'at All Times'

If/when H & M become engaged, I believe she would be assigned a protection officer. If this story is true then Meghan would be accustomed to this aspect of royal life. It remains to be seen if she can learn the ins and out of the Firm and be able to acclimate.
Old 07-15-2017, 09:54 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Meghan comes from a world where almost any publicity is good publicity. She's learning that isn't the case in the BRF. Take the Jamaica pics, she was probably all like 'Babykins what's the big deal, just beach pics' and Harry will have explained the deal to her between private life and public. If she marries Harry, she goes from being a celebrity to basically a lifetime civil servant and it's a big difference between the two
Most actors do not come from bad publicity is good publicity, that is mainly for reality tv stars or pop stars. Most actors who are serious are rather lowkey and don't court bad press.

If MM where courting bad publicity she would be VISIBLE, she would be seen on the red carpet, she is rarely seen.
Old 07-15-2017, 10:04 AM
Heir Apparent

Let's put it this way, if she wasn't dating Harry I doubt she'd have an issue with her beach pics being in magazines all over the world.

Celebrity publicity is different from royal publicity.
Old 07-15-2017, 10:14 AM
Majesty

If she wasn't dating Harry her pics wouldn't be in magazines all over the world.

LaRae
Old 07-15-2017, 10:30 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlowVera View Post
Most actors do not come from bad publicity is good publicity, that is mainly for reality tv stars or pop stars. Most actors who are serious are rather lowkey and don't court bad press.

If MM where courting bad publicity she would be VISIBLE, she would be seen on the red carpet, she is rarely seen.
Indeed. I agree with you AlowVera. From following Meghan, prior to Prince Harry, I've never gotten the vibe from her about getting just any type of publicity. It was only in recent years that she rightfully started promoting herself more. And she always seemed selective in what she chose to do. Her fashion shoots were mainly promoting various and nice styles of day and outerwear and not tons of beachwear. Even her social media prior to Harry did not have a ton of information about people in her private personal life like a lot of other celebrities.

Cooking, travelling, yoga, charity events and promoting Suits were mainly her focus. And now she is barely seen, so it's nice recently that she has been involved in some of the celebrations for Suits season 7 and the 100th show.
Old 07-15-2017, 11:55 AM
Nobility

How is 'any publicity good publicity' with Meghan, when she's closing down all forms of publicity tools for herself? She's given hardly any interviews, closed down the Tig, never posts on social media, and is barely seen. When was the last time she went to a public event, walked the red carpet etc? She's becoming more private after her relationship with Harry became public, and she was pretty private even before. Just because she's an actress doesn't mean she seeks out publicity and attention.
Old 07-15-2017, 12:02 PM
Majesty

There are different types of celebrities. Those that do everything they can to call attention to themselves such as we've seen recently with the Beckhams and then there are professionals such as Meghan where acting is her profession and calling attention to herself to just be known is not in her playbook.

Meghan has done a pretty good job of keeping her private life private even before Harry came onto the scene. If she had been any kind of an attention seeker, Harry would have seen that from a mile away and things wouldn't have progressed as they have.
Old 07-15-2017, 12:05 PM
Heir Apparent

She's closing down her social media and the like because of Harry. She's not doing it out of nowhere.

Some people seem to find it difficult to accept that prior to Harry, Meghan ( like all celebrities) relied on having her name out there. Whether doing interviews, a blog, clothing line, whatever

Now that she seems by all accounts to be a royal in waiting, no more chatting with the king of tabloids Piers Morgan or posting cute pics of bananas spooning.
Old 07-15-2017, 12:57 PM
Majesty

Exactly. This relationship is serious enough that slowly, but surely, Meghan is adapting her private life to be totally off limits to the public like Harry's is.

Even if this couple isn't heading anywhere near an engagement yet, one nice quality about Meghan is that she has enough respect for Harry to assure him that she will not be a cause of him unnecessarily getting press attention because of his public life. In this regard, she's already supporting Harry in his public life by keeping his private life as sacrosanct as she possibly can.
Old 07-15-2017, 01:01 PM
Nobility

Quote:
She's closing down her social media and the like because of Harry. She's not doing it out of nowhere.

Some people seem to find it difficult to accept that prior to Harry, Meghan ( like all celebrities) relied on having her name out there. Whether doing interviews, a blog, clothing line, whatever

Now that she seems by all accounts to be a royal in waiting, no more chatting with the king of tabloids Piers Morgan or posting cute pics of bananas spooning.
If she were to do part of her job which is promotion, keeping a social media presence, interacting with fans online, supporting brands...all of these actions are part of the job she would be called a famewhore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
There are different types of celebrities. Those that do everything they can to call attention to themselves such as we've seen recently with the Beckhams and then there are professionals such as Meghan where acting is her profession and calling attention to herself to just be known is not in her playbook.

Meghan has done a pretty good job of keeping her private life private even before Harry came onto the scene. If she had been any kind of an attention seeker, Harry would have seen that from a mile away and things wouldn't have progressed as they have.
I think there is middle ground in between being a Kardashian and being a totally reclusive actor. Alot of working actors supplement their income with promotion and branding.
Old 07-15-2017, 01:31 PM
Nobility

Quote:

She still wasn't 'any publicity is good publicity' kind of celebrity. Her name was barely out there for anything other than her work. Part of her job is to promote the show, give interviews. And she made part of her income with a clothing line, good on her. She is a working actress. Was she supposed to live like a recluse before meeting Harry? I simply fail to see how she's seeking attention any way possible, because what I see is her closing all channels for that extra attention can come her way.

I'm thinking there's a reason for this added security, if it's true.
Old 07-15-2017, 02:01 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:

Morgan also did a stint replacing Larry King on the his CNN talk show. Meghan and her Suits coworkers have appeared on and also been interviewed by Larry. Not everyone associated Piers with only tabloid journalism.

And yes, prior to Harry, Meghan was active in promoting, however I did not see her courting 'any publicity (as) good publicity'.
Old 07-15-2017, 02:26 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocoasneeze View Post
She still wasn't 'any publicity is good publicity' kind of celebrity. Her name was barely out there for anything other than her work. Part of her job is to promote the show, give interviews. And she made part of her income with a clothing line, good on her. She is a working actress. Was she supposed to live like a recluse before meeting Harry? I simply fail to see how she's seeking attention any way possible, because what I see is her closing all channels for that extra attention can come her way.

I'm thinking there's a reason for this added security, if it's true.
I'm disgusted that she is supposedly not supposed to want to advance herself. This country is all about bettering yourself in your own right, not just waiting to be rescued via marriage.