The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2017, 05:47 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Meghan's character and accomplishments and what we think of her are besides the point actually. If Harry was going to run out and buy a "Greatest (fill in the blank) coffee mug for Meghan, its his opinion of her that counts. We don't matter.

I see many areas where these two people seem so very compatible and would make a great team together. Neither one of 'em needs a resume of each other before deciding to fall in love. It just happens between two people that have found each other. What makes it work in the long run is compatibility, common interests and the willingness to work as a partnership.

Old 07-11-2017, 06:22 AM
Nobility

And that's just as I said in a previous post @Osipi. None of us are in the M&H relationship. Neither of them are trying to please anyone outside of themselves and each other in regard to how they feel about each other.

This thread is becoming ever more schizophrenic by the day.

It is rather interesting to see Dickie Arbiter and his ilk falling apart at the seams, and showing their 'uh' true colors.

If I didn't admire what I see and know about both M&H, I wouldn't care in the least about following their romance. I was happy for Will & Kate, and I watched their engagement announcement and press interview, but I didn't follow everything that closely leading up to their wedding. Everyone who's paying attention to the goings-on about M&H has their individual reasons and motivations. Indeed we are finding out a lot about Harry, Meghan, royal protocol, royal history, human nature, ourselves... But whether all of us are willing to acknowledge what we are finding out is another story entirely.

For me, the news of M&H dating broke right around the time of the U.S. presidential election. The election was shocking, worrying and depressing. So I, and I know many other people who said as much, found the happy news of a royal love story quite an intriguing and pleasant distraction from uglier realities. Too bad that tabloids, some journalists and haters galore are turning a delightful romance into an ugly display of greedy opportunistic clickbait trash, bitter jealousy, and hoity-toity fuddy duddiness.

Old 07-11-2017, 06:40 AM
Majesty

I find it odd that over the years I've found myself more interested in royal watching and learning the ins and outs of just about everything to do with them more than I find it interesting to follow my own country's politics. I'm now working my way back in royal history with biographies to get a better picture of it all.

What is obvious though is that we're living in an era where the media *thinks* it has the power to deem what the people think and that they also see us as a mass of unthinking "sheeple" to blindly follow what they say and take it as gospel truth.

When it comes to Harry and Meghan or any other kind of royal goings on, I stick to TRF and TRF only. This place is adamant about sticking to facts, requesting credible (really credible and the Fail doesn't count) sources and opinions that can be backed by said facts. I cringe when I see links from the Fail with obviously "fake headlines" and links to gossip sites comparable to the National Enquirer and Teen Beat or whatever is popular these days. It tells me that those posting these links are more likely to be "fans" than "royal watchers". Its even sadder to realize that the media realizes that their paychecks are earned from this kind of reporting.

Maybe I've grown to be biased. I actually found TRF looking for silly Ascot hats and didn't have a clue what a constitutional monarchy was nor even that there were such things as Councilors of State. I've found an excellent source of learning here and many have been very patient with me. The "royal" aspect appeals to me more than the "glitz, gossip and the glamor" of the celebrity aura that many have tried to put around the BRF. No wonder Charles once said "I think we're a soap opera".
Old 07-11-2017, 07:07 AM
Nobility

Eh, but not many people are as wise, reasonable, patient and judicious as you @Osipi.

I truly don't have a lot of patience for ignorance and even less for high-minded holier-than-thou attitudes. The haters are unfortunately to be expected and can more easily be ignored than intelligent posters who take offense amidst minor disagreements, or likeminded posters getting beside themselves with each other on how best to behave with no leeway and no margin for error. It's not necessary for any of us to agree, if only we can maintain or better yet obtain at least a semblance of civility. I appreciate your general neutrality and tendency to try and seek higher ground, whilst attempting to ferret out positives, sometimes fruitlessly.

But yeah, none of us are actually perfect. Maintaining a sense of humor is crucial. However, even that has become sorely lacking in this thread. Maybe we can blame it all on M&H withdrawal symptoms. Or better yet, just blame it on the numbskull tabloid overblown nonsense.
Old 07-11-2017, 07:56 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Can we get back on topic now please? No need to post simply for the sake of posting if there is nothing new to discuss.

Further posts not on Harry and his relationship with Meghan will be removed.
Old 07-11-2017, 11:00 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
For all we know, Meghan may be going through the process now of gaining dual US-UK British citizenship and hence a good reason why her toothbrush is in Harry's bathroom and her clothes in his closet. She may be fulfilling a residency requirement already. We don't know. I'm not really literate at what gaining a citizenship in the UK involves but I'm willing to bet my last slice of cheesecake that Harry and Meghan have most likely already have become well aware of the requirements.
I think this is an interesting question. I asked my friend google
https://www.gov.uk/becoming-a-britis...-you-can-apply

If I understand these rules correctly, it would be very difficult (but perhaps not impossible) for Meghan to become a UK citizen before she marries Harry. The biggest problem would be this: "And you must usually have lived in the UK for at least the 5 years before the date of your application".

Now, it says "usually", so it might not be impossible. I'm also sure that they are very aware of this, and that they have lawyers looking into the matter from all angles.
Old 07-11-2017, 05:51 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esplanade View Post
Hi all! I'm new to this forum and posting for the first time. I've been an avid Suits fan for a long time and actually developed an interest in the British Royals through the Meghan Markle connection.

Based on my knowledge of the Suits schedule, I have constructed my own hypothesis regarding a possible engagement announcement. Last season, a lead character, Gina Torres was written out of the show in the 10th episode of season 6. They will finish filming the first 10 episodes of season 7 by the end of the month. The 10th episode will air on September 13th. I'm guessing Rachel Zane will be written out somewhere around that episode. Just in time for an announcement before the Invictus Games kick off on September 26th.

I also find it fascinating that we can somewhat trace the history of this relationship by analyzing Suits. The back 6 episodes of Season 6 were filmed from Sept-Nov 2016. There is not a single kissing scene between MM and her on screen fiance. This is highly irregular for this show. Even more interesting is the last episode filmed before the 2016 summer hiatus (se06 ep10), in July 2016. There is a deleted scene on youtube which shows MM passionately kissing her "fiance". This scene was replaced by a very platonic interaction. My guess is that the relationship was very serious by then.
This analysis is very interesting. I hope you are correct that an engagement announcement is not far off. Welcome to the forums!!
Old 07-11-2017, 08:26 PM
Super Moderator

Please note that several posts have been deleted. As mentioned in previous Mod Note requests, posts relating to Meghan's racial back-ground will be deleted.
With regard to styles and titles for a future wife of Prince Harry, this can be discussed in the Titles and Styles of Harry, his Future Wife and Children thread - please be reminded of the obvious fact that anyone legally marrying Prince Harry will be accorded the relevant style and title as his wife.
Now, let us please get back on the topic of Harry's relationship/s and remember the difference between musings and pure speculation. Thank you.
Old 07-12-2017, 01:22 AM
Majesty

Quote:
One positive thing that comes out of all this is that it invites discussions. We actively go seeking answers that may or may not prove him right or wrong. In this, we learn a bit more of how things work, what happens in a situation like this and even a bit of history to boot if we then delve into the past such as the example of the Duke and Duchess of Windsor.

For me, it beats boatloads of the Fail's fantasy spinning and gossip from every other site in cyberspace filling the thread. We may be following a grand romance between Harry and Meghan but its also teaching us things.

Quote:
I find it odd that over the years I've found myself more interested in royal watching and learning the ins and outs of just about everything to do with them more than I find it interesting to follow my own country's politics. I'm now working my way back in royal history with biographies to get a better picture of it all.

What is obvious though is that we're living in an era where the media *thinks* it has the power to deem what the people think and that they also see us as a mass of unthinking "sheeple" to blindly follow what they say and take it as gospel truth.

When it comes to Harry and Meghan or any other kind of royal goings on, I stick to TRF and TRF only. This place is adamant about sticking to facts, requesting credible (really credible and the Fail doesn't count) sources and opinions that can be backed by said facts. I cringe when I see links from the Fail with obviously "fake headlines" and links to gossip sites comparable to the National Enquirer and Teen Beat or whatever is popular these days. It tells me that those posting these links are more likely to be "fans" than "royal watchers". Its even sadder to realize that the media realizes that their paychecks are earned from this kind of reporting.

Maybe I've grown to be biased. I actually found TRF looking for silly Ascot hats and didn't have a clue what a constitutional monarchy was nor even that there were such things as Councilors of State. I've found an excellent source of learning here and many have been very patient with me. The "royal" aspect appeals to me more than the "glitz, gossip and the glamor" of the celebrity aura that many have tried to put around the BRF. No wonder Charles once said "I think we're a soap opera".
Oh Osipi, how could you do this? My favourite guilty indulgence is time spent on TRF, and now you tell me it's educational!

Truth be told, I think I found TRF looking for hats as well . . . but discovered a whole new world. Not being xenophobic or anything, but rather a 'Colonial', I started mainly with the BRF and have watched William and Harry pursue their romantic goals with interest, sometimes of the headbanging variety. William was pretty much accounted for before he left University but Harry always seemed so young.

Time has shown that Harry is far more complicated than a lot of people give him credit for. We watched him with Chelsey and thought he was pretty much settled but we all underestimated the depths and lengths the paparazzi would go to, to spy on the BRF. Having discovered how to access William and Harry's voicemail without getting caught meant there was nowhere they went that the paparazzi weren't waiting and, in the end, that along with personal issues, cost him Chelsea.

I don't think any of the parade of women up until Cressida even rated a comment as a possible wife, and even with her, Harry never seemed as light-hearted and demonstrative as he had been with Chelsey. For myself, I thought she seemed a little young and vapid for Harry but eh, what do I know.

The unveiling of an international affair with Meghan Markle that had gone on for months with the respectable media and paparazzi alike all in blissful ignorance tickled my fancy. It was obvious she was very important to him and worth noting that not a whisper had drifted forth from either his or her close friends, co-workers, inside sources at KP, nothing. Hard on the heels of the exposure, Harry did the unpredictable and totally unprecedented, in Nov 2016 he asked the media to back off Meghan and her family.

And yet here we are mid-July and the only thing we do know that we didn't expect is that Harry is not averse to the usual spontaneous PDA's of the ordinary people. Thus we have photos of them holding hands, hugging and kissing, albeit fuzzy by virtue of distance. Now that, in the context of the BRF, is quite something.
Old 07-12-2017, 03:07 AM
Courtier

Quote:
...Should Meghan marry Harry, she automatically takes the feminine version of the titles and styles from Harry. Its possible that the Queen (or Charles if on the throne when it all happens) could announce that Meghan would not be an HRH but for the life of me, I cannot think of one reason why they would go that route. It just doesn't seem feasible to me.
Yes, that is what I thought.

I remember something coming out about Sarah after the wedding, thanking the Queen for her title, only to be told it was Andrew who had received the title and as his wife she by default (possibly another of those anti Sarah stories doing the rounds at the time )
Old 07-12-2017, 03:26 AM
Majesty

It truly is a fascinating subject to get into and explore and the ins and outs of titles and styles are mind boggling. TRF has a specific thread about titles and styles and the oldest post dates back to 2003. Its a wonderful archive of a lot of information and if I could be so bold, I'd almost equate it as taking a course in the subject.

Questions about British Styles and Titles

Back to Harry and Meghan, I'm in agreement with Marg that these two people have been absolute geniuses at how they've been able to conduct an almost year long relationship with very, very little information being able to swim the moat into the public venue. They're determined to keep their relationship to themselves at this point and its totally frustrating the public and the media who really want to know it all.
Old 07-12-2017, 11:41 AM
Majesty

Meghan Markle attends at the party to celebrate "Suits" 100th episode

Meghan Markle Attends the Suits 100 Episode Party - Photos of Meghan Markle at the Suits Party

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...its-stars.html
Old 07-12-2017, 04:49 PM
Gentry

Just when you think the daily fail couldn’t sink any lower.

They have an article which I won't bother to link, about one of Meghan’s uncle's who leads a small church in Florida. They compare his small church saying it doesn't have as many members as the church of England congregation, as if leading a small church is something to be embarrassed about. The uncle and his family declined to be interviewed yet the fail have plastered their pics & tidbits about their life. Going after Meghan is one thing but the harrasment of her relatives who don't crave the limelight crosses the line of decency and is a gross invasion of their privacy.

The fail should be ashamed. The whole article is just dogs & whistles basically highlighting Meghan’s humble beginnings & trying to make fun of her less than wealthy relatives. If only there was a law to ban these sort of things from happening.
Old 07-12-2017, 05:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee Anna View Post
Yes, that is what I thought.

I remember something coming out about Sarah after the wedding, thanking the Queen for her title(possibly another of those anti Sarah stories doing the rounds at the time )
Sarah is not that dumb. For goodness sake....
Old 07-12-2017, 06:08 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
Meghan Markle attends at the party to celebrate "Suits" 100th episode

Meghan Markle Attends the Suits 100 Episode Party - Photos of Meghan Markle at the Suits Party
She looks lovely.
I suppose her friend and dress designer is already sketching her engagement announcement dress which would catapult her to even more fame.
Old 07-12-2017, 06:44 PM
Heir Apparent

His grandmother is the head of the Church of England with a global congregation estimated at 25 million.

But Prince Harry could soon be welcoming another religious figurehead into the Royal fold if he ties the knot with actress girlfriend Meghan Markle.

DailyMail.com can exclusively reveal that Meghan's 75-year-old uncle Frederick Markle is the leader of the 'Eastern Orthodox Catholic Church In America'.

It boasts just a single tumbledown chapel in Sanford, Florida, and the reclusive Markle, who goes by the title Bishop Dismas, is the sole clergyman.

And while the church had around 40 members in its 1980s heyday, one former worshiper told DailyMail.com he's not sure if a single person attends services there anymore.

Read More: Meghan Markle's uncle is a bishop with his own church | Daily Mail Online
Old 07-12-2017, 06:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

Don't think anyone cares about a relation so distant as Bishop Dismas.
Old 07-12-2017, 08:56 PM
Aristocracy

Daily Fail doing their best at daily harassment. Why track down and harass as described in the caption a 'reclusive' person? Is there no real news for the Fail to report? I guess since the Fail isn't a real newspaper there is no concept of what real news is!
Old 07-12-2017, 10:08 PM
Nobility

This is harassment, that man did not contact Daily Fail, he is not looking for attention so why bother him. It is clear that Meghan is closest to her mom's side of the family.
Old 07-13-2017, 02:03 AM
Majesty

If anything, should Meghan's uncle, Bishop Dismas, attend the wedding (should there be one), he'll be made very welcome and very comfortable by Charles who embraces and respects all faiths.