The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2017, 08:24 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
I'd say she's just ignoring the media...she's done the head down before with them.

LaRae
Yeah, the happens when the paps are bombarding her with crazy questions. It can't be easy being in this position but it takes strength to get through it all and Meghan's got it.

A.W. TOZER
Old 07-06-2017, 08:29 PM
Majesty

I think so too. She's done great with the media so far. At first I wasn't too sure with her flirty pics with the bananas and appearing to hint about stuff....but she's totally stopped that.

LaRae

Old 07-06-2017, 08:43 PM
Imperial Majesty

What bothers me is that people like coming down on the royal girlfriends for smiling when they're out and about and being papped. People like to say they're playing to the camera, but in reality, who in the world want drawn and dowdy pictures of themselves on the front of the magazines, newspapers and on the net?

It's okay for royal girlfriends to give a nice and kind smile when they can.

A.W. TOZER
Old 07-06-2017, 08:55 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
I think so too. She's done great with the media so far. At first I wasn't too sure with her flirty pics with the bananas and appearing to hint about stuff....but she's totally stopped that.

LaRae
HA! I don't believe that she fully understood the magnitude of being with him, during "Banana-gate"! In the beginning, she made several missteps, but I believe that she's recovered with grace. It must have been extremely difficult for her, because she used to share so much of herself with her fans.
Old 07-06-2017, 09:24 PM
Majesty

Dman I think we have gotten a lot more positive than negative from Meghan (smiling or at least ignoring and just going about her day) when it comes to pics. I don't imagine any of us would 'hold up' to the yardstick the royal watchers use.

Ronnsha yeah I don't think it had kicked in yet...the position she would be in and to do anything like that would just bite her. She learned quick. I'm sure Harry was helping out in that regard and really anyone can just research what went on with Diana if they are too young to have lived thru watching it all happen. The banana thing was the only real misstep that comes to mind but I might of forgotten others!

LaRae
Old 07-06-2017, 10:43 PM
Serene Highness

I wonder IF they will marry, if they will have to do a "Anne&Tim" and marry in Scotland or a "Charles&Camilla" and have a civil wedding followed by a religious prayer and dedication to allow The Queen to attend (as Meghan is divorced) ? Or can The Queen attend a Church of England wedding service despite that ?
Old 07-06-2017, 10:56 PM
Heir Apparent

This has been discussed on the thread several times before, but briefly Church of England rules re divorcees have changed since Prince Charles and Camilla and Anne and Tim were married. There can be a full Church of England religious ceremony in a church, and it's fine for the Queen to attend.
Old 07-06-2017, 11:29 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
This has been discussed on the thread several times before, but briefly Church of England rules re divorcees have changed since Prince Charles and Camilla and Anne and Tim were married. There can be a full Church of England religious ceremony in a church, and it's fine for the Queen to attend.
That sounds good. I'm from Sweden so i didn't knew that this had been changed.
Old 07-07-2017, 12:15 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
Not exactly. Correct about Tim and Anne but not Charles and Camilla.

The rules changed in 2002. Charles and Camilla married in 2005. They could have married in the church with the permission of the priest. The chances of getting permission were slim as Camilla was involved in the break up of his first marriage. Then there was also the fact that Charles is the future head of the church so him being remarried in it was questionable. They chose instead not to ask permission and have a civil wedding.

Harry was not involved in the break up of her marriage. There is little reason to believe they would not be granted permission. There really is no reasonable doubt they will have a church service if married. Just a question of which.
Old 07-07-2017, 12:43 AM
Majesty

I may be naive but I thought the two banana's spooning was cute (and believe me 'cute' is not a word I use often). I think the head down is hardly surprising as the probability of being tired after a holiday and a transatlantic flight is pretty high and going back to work when you've had to leave your other half behind sure puts work in the ho-hum zone and seems to have put a dampener on things. However, I hope she continues to be herself and smile for the cameras.
Old 07-07-2017, 12:49 AM
Majesty

Oh it was cute and all...it just ended up being like tossing chum out to the sharks (aka media). Don't want to go down that road.

LaRae
Old 07-07-2017, 01:11 AM
Serene Highness

I really do think that this covert keep it all a secret BS has to stop. IF she's happy about this relationship she has that right and frankly I think she has a right to be open and happy about it. I am fed up with the Windsorian 'don't ask don't tell' mantra. They're a couple and are happy, so they should be able to share their joy in each other with others.
Old 07-07-2017, 01:34 AM
Majesty

Not gonna happen because the media won't leave them alone...and the media won't leave them alone because a certain percentage of the public will pay for those tabloids etc. You can hardly blame the BRF for drawing a hard line.

I believe they do share their joy with family and trusted friends and that is pretty much how 'normal' folks do it too. When it comes to public it's a different ballgame.

LaRae
Old 07-07-2017, 01:43 AM
Nobility

With who should they share? I mean their friends and family (who they trust and are close to) most likely know a lot, they share with them. Harry's friends seemed to like Meghan in the few pictures we saw from that wedding they attended. But as for sharing with the general public, anything extra would be crazy, and feed into the tabloid frenzy. Unfortunately, anything Meghan does in the public, be it a charity trip to India or whatever her half sister will come down on her like a thunderstorm. Each time. And then it's another tabloid frenzy.

I'm fine with them being on the down low, if it makes them happy, and gives this relationship chance to grow stronger.
Old 07-07-2017, 02:36 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I'm with those that have the opinion that the more that they can keep their relationship under wraps, the better. Its kind of like Pandora's Box when it comes to the media. If they, all of a sudden, start being available for the media and parade and exhibit their relationship now before an engagement, should they marry and want the press to back off on their private life, it'd be almost next to impossible.

Better to keep everything private under the radar completely no matter if they get engaged and married. Keep a firm leash on what becomes public or not.
Old 07-07-2017, 02:43 AM
Majesty

The only people who need to know, and deserve to know, know. Their family, friends, maybe coworkers a bit. No one else is entitled to details.

Meghan has not been forced to hide her relationship. It's not some dark secret she can't share with those who matter. Considering how her social media has been stalked, it makes sense for Her to close or make it private. When there are articles about what her home looks like based on Instagram, you know there are no boundaries.

They aren't hiding in shame. They are dating with the privacy they can find. In time there will be public sightings. There will be engagement and wedding. There will be public events. But they are just establishing their private.
Old 07-08-2017, 12:12 AM
Majesty

I don't think that Harry and Meghan have been at all covert. This couple is in their thirties and they are not out partying every night. When she is in the UK he has obligations and when he is in Toronto she has obligations, so it is hardly surprising that all they want to do is unwind in each other's company.

If they do become engaged they will do it when it suits them and to be honest, it would be darned inconvenient for Meghan trying to hold down a job with a rabid press chasing her hither and yon.
Old 07-08-2017, 12:22 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Staying in with each other and enjoying just being in each other's company is probably right on the money, Marg. Although its still brought up from time to time, I think we can file the title of "Party Prince" in the ancient history folder.

Harry has matured. He's taking is royal roles and making the best out of them. He's found himself someone he can be a "homebody" with and make the very best out of a long distance relationship. Most of all, he seems to be a man that is comfortable in his own skin that has a lot to look forward to in his life.

Our Harry is all grown up.
Old 07-08-2017, 01:31 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Staying in with each other and enjoying just being in each other's company is probably right on the money, Marg. Although its still brought up from time to time, I think we can file the title of "Party Prince" in the ancient history folder.

Harry has matured. He's taking is royal roles and making the best out of them. He's found himself someone he can be a "homebody" with and make the very best out of a long distance relationship. Most of all, he seems to be a man that is comfortable in his own skin that has a lot to look forward to in his life.

Our Harry is all grown up.
Yes, he has grown up.

Being inside with your partner is the best thing. Couples in their twenties want to out on the town all the time. People are getting older and can't do stuff like that all the time. They get out when they feel like it though.

A.W. TOZER
Old 07-08-2017, 01:52 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I'm with those that have the opinion that the more that they can keep their relationship under wraps, the better. Its kind of like Pandora's Box when it comes to the media. If they, all of a sudden, start being available for the media and parade and exhibit their relationship now before an engagement, should they marry and want the press to back off on their private life, it'd be almost next to impossible.

Better to keep everything private under the radar completely no matter if they get engaged and married. Keep a firm leash on what becomes public or not.
Sort of a paradox, then, us here, talking about them.