The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2017, 08:48 AM
Heir Apparent

And, as Corey isn't talking, the Express tabloid knows this precisely how? Neither Meghan nor her ex husband are talking either, and Channel 4 can't say she took Trevor for everything he had as she didn't ask for any alimony.

Old 07-01-2017, 09:00 AM
Nobility

It sounds like more of people who have no idea about her or her life will continue exploiting their 'bond' with her, the same people who have done it already. This is actually really sad, I feel bad for Meghan. She will get the burnt of this stupid show, burnt of these leaches using her, and there's nothing she can do about it.

Neither her ex husband or recent ex boyfriend are talking, yet they're 'quoted' in these articles.

Old 07-01-2017, 09:16 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
The Church of England view has changed since Charles and Camilla married. It is quite OK for people to be married in the Church so long as there is no question mark over one or both committing adultery with the future partner while they were married to another. Harry did not interfere in Meghan's marriage. The Queen follows the views of senior clergy in this matter and that was the sticking point with regard to Charles and Camilla not marrying in a church ceremony. The Queen did attend the church blessing, I believe.
Curryong yes the Queen did attend the blessing.. she didn't attend the marriage in the registry office. However, there has always beene leeway in the Anglican church for couples who are divorced to have a church marriage. The stuff about adultery etc is a guideline and its up to the individual clergy to decide..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocoasneeze View Post
I can't blame William and Harry for wanting to modernize the monarchy after learning some facts from this forum. Harry's wedding won't be his own, he and his future wife won't have much say about it at all. Reading, that his wife should walk behind him out of protocol etc. There must be many more issues that would make most people go wtf, and these things are protected by the 'royal protocol' tag, so they won't get questioned.
it is not up to Harry to modernise the monarchy, he is not going to be King. And his wedding WONT be his own.. since he is a prince and he's working for Britiain. If he wants to get married on a beach in Scotland, he can do os, but as a private citizen. I doubt if his wife would have to "walk behind him"..
Old 07-01-2017, 09:41 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
it is not up to Harry to modernise the monarchy, he is not going to be King. And his wedding WONT be his own.. since he is a prince and he's working for Britiain. If he wants to get married on a beach in Scotland, he can do os, but as a private citizen. I doubt if his wife would have to "walk behind him"..
No wonder he wanted to quit for a while. That sounds suffocating, tbh. So many things in his life he has no choice in, as he's a prince and works for Britain. And if he dares to say it out loud, he gets called a spoiled brat.

Any woman willing to marry Harry has to have really thick skin and nerves of steel. This 'reality show' would have me climbing up the walls.

How would the British public etc react, if one of the high up monarchs was gay. If Harry wanted to marry a man?

And I know I'm jumping from one topic to another, my thoughts are all over the place today. My apologies.
Old 07-01-2017, 09:47 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
I realize that it was her second marriage but Princess Anne also works for Britain and had her own private wedding at a church in Scotland. If Prince Harry wanted to do the same wouldn't he be allowed?
Old 07-01-2017, 10:09 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeT View Post
I realize that it was her second marriage but Princess Anne also works for Britain and had her own private wedding at a church in Scotland. If Prince Harry wanted to do the same wouldn't he be allowed?

I see no reason why he couldn't marry in any of the UK countries.
Old 07-01-2017, 11:01 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeT View Post
It was her second marriage as you know. After a divorce. since the C of Scotland is more liberal about marriage after divorce that was clearly why Anne chose to get married there, rather than in London. Anyway Anne is not popular and I doubt if the public would care bout seeing her second wedding..
If Harry wants to be a prince and I'm sure he does (I don't think he'd really be very happy as an ordinary guy, even an ordinary rich guy).. he has to take the duties as well as the perks. HIs marriage is an important royal event and the public will want to see it.. just as they did with William's. So there are limits on what he can decide about it. he will be expected to marry in London in a big church..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocoasneeze View Post
No

How would the British public etc react, if one of the high up monarchs was gay. If Harry wanted to marry a man?

And I know I'm jumping from one topic to another, my thoughts are all over the place today. My apologies.
I don't tink that the public are quite ready for a gay monarch..but I suppose it will happen one day. however harry isn't a monarch..
Old 07-01-2017, 12:29 PM
Majesty

I don't see any requirement for the wedding to be in London. Simply for it to be public. If they were to marry at Sandringham, Windsor or Balmoral there is really no issue. As long as the ceremony itself was televised. The reception would be private anyways, Williams was.

It would actually be more along the lines of the slimming down. Lowering the cost of security that a huge weddung in London brings.

As for Anne she had no choice. The Anglican Church didn't change the laws about divorcees until the 2000s. If she and Tim wished to marry, they had two choices, a civil wedding or marry in Scotland.
Old 07-01-2017, 03:50 PM
Nobility

If Harry and Meghan make if official, would their wedding be considered a state occasion? Harry is 5th in line to the throne, but when Charles ascends Harry becomes the second son of the monarch. The late first lady Nancy Reagan led the U.S. delegation for Andrew and Sarah's wedding; could there be a chance the Trumps would attend? (Given the current sentiment towards Trump in the U.K. I would hope they would think on this.)
Old 07-01-2017, 03:57 PM
Majesty

I don't think so...I am not sure Williams was one either.

LaRae
Old 07-01-2017, 04:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

Ouch ! And the worst part is that some people might actually think this is true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Verseau View Post
If Harry and Meghan make if official, would their wedding be considered a state occasion? Harry is 5th in line to the throne, but when Charles ascends Harry becomes the second son of the monarch. The late first lady Nancy Reagan led the U.S. delegation for Andrew and Sarah's wedding; could there be a chance the Trumps would attend? (Given the current sentiment towards Trump in the U.K. I would hope they would think on this.)
Given that William's wedding was not considered a state occasion, I don't see why Harry's would be. I don't think either that the Queen or the PoW would insist on a public, televised ceremony. I am expecting something similar to Edward's and Sophie's wedding, which would be appropriate for Harry's rank.
Old 07-01-2017, 04:32 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I am too. If the Queen is still alive when Harry marries, he'll be the grandson of the monarch marrying. Edward and Sophie had a relatively lower key wedding and he was the son of the monarch at the time.

As far as officials and dignitaries attending Harry's wedding, we can almost be assured that the Trudeaus will be invited to attend. They're friends on the bride's side should it be Meghan and wouldn't be there so much in an official capacity representing Canada (although it could be a dual reason for the attendance).

We'll just have to wait and see what happens if and when it does happen.
Old 07-01-2017, 04:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I am too. If the Queen is still alive when Harry marries, he'll be the grandson of the monarch marrying. Edward and Sophie had a relatively lower key wedding and he was the son of the monarch at the time.

As far as officials and dignitaries attending Harry's wedding, we can almost be assured that the Trudeaus will be invited to attend. They're friends on the bride's side should it be Meghan and wouldn't be there so much in an official capacity representing Canada (although it could be a dual reason for the attendance).

We'll just have to wait and see what happens if and when it does happen.
The Governor-General of Canada attended William's wedding, but (then) PM Stephen Harper did not. If Harry's wedding is a private event, probably there will be no official Commonwealth representatives in attendance. So, I agree that, if the Trudeaus come, it will be only as friends of the bride.
Old 07-01-2017, 05:12 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Verseau View Post
No. Even if Charles was king, it would not be considered a state occasion. Only the marriage of a monarch or the heir to the throne is. Because he is heir to the heir, Williams was considered semi state. If his father is king when he marries, the wedding will be similar to Andrews. Like Andrew, Harry is not only the second son, but he has been displaced by his brothers kids already.

If he marries during the queen's reign, something similar to Edward doesn't seem unlikely. Perhaps even if Charles is king, with the idea of slimming down, it will be toned down compared to the York wedding.
Old 07-01-2017, 05:15 PM
Heir Apparent

I'm expecting a televised ceremony at St George's if the Queen is still alive. If she isn't, it could be the Abbey. It could be up at Balmoral, but for a royal's first wedding likely not. And Harry's wedding is virtually certain to be televised.
Old 07-01-2017, 05:19 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Another thing to keep in mind too in regards to a possible wedding of Harry's. Since 2011, things seem to have ramped up where it is necessary to keep even a sharper focus on the security surrounding a big, public event.

A wedding for Harry in Windsor may be deemed a lot easier and safer for crowd control and maintaining a solid security front than a big wedding through the streets of London to Westminster Abbey or another large London locale.
Old 07-01-2017, 05:21 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
The Governor-General of Canada attended William's wedding, but (then) PM Stephen Harper did not. If Harry's wedding is a private event, probably there will be no official Commonwealth representatives in attendance. So, I agree that, if the Trudeaus come, it will be only as friends of the bride.
Stephen was meant to. And in fact originally accepted. But Canada called a federal election. Due to the election being three days after the wedding, it wasn't a prudent choice for the prime minister to leave the country.

There were prime ministers of several like Australia.

But Williams was considered a semi state occasion, because he will be POW one day. So heads of state were invited. Harrys wedding will not be.

If the Trudeaus attend, pretty much assured as guest if Meg. Maybe to avoid the whole 'political leader attending' Sophie will attend alone. Perhaps with Jessica Mulroney and her husband, both Meghan and Sophie are friends with the couple.

This will be quite the wedding if and when. Not often when the commoner spouse could have quite the big name lost as well.
Old 07-01-2017, 06:23 PM
Nobility

I am wondering because of Trump's image he would take it as a sleight if he were not invited. Meghan may live and work in Canada but she's an American citizen; and Trump would be of a mind that as president he should be in attendance, particularly if the Obamas attend. His world renowned Twitter habits would be a pall on the wedding. Meghan and Harry would have a lot of adjustments (Meghan mostly); they don't need that.
Old 07-01-2017, 06:24 PM
Serene Highness

I do think that a lot of people need to give up on the concept that Harry is going to marry some Nobel prizewinner who will supposedly be every little thing that everyone wants them to be and somehow take the monarchy to some mythical new level. The job will consist of cutting ribbons and showing up, nothing more than that. Women at this point in their lives are either established and uninterested or still drifting and unfocused. I don't think Harry will be with someone who will want to throw her life away and I don't think the RF wants someone who isn't settled and ready for married life. Someone who is drifting will not really want to stay in the RF for long once they get bored and want to do something else.
Old 07-01-2017, 06:33 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
MEGHAN MARKLE reportedly dumped her ex-boyfriend, Canadian chef Cory Vitiello, for Prince Harry.

Meghan Markle’s EX: Canadian chef Cory Vitiello was DUMPED for Prince Harry | Life | Life & Style | Express.co.uk
How could this story get any traction anyway? Considering Camila's road to becoming HRH and the consort of the next monarch, this story is a nothing burger.