The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2017, 03:16 PM
Majesty

A shame we are all over the place geographically, wouldn't it be fun to get together and watch the next wedding???

LaRae

Old 06-30-2017, 03:38 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Preferably in Westminster Abbey or wherever the wedding would take place.

During Will and Kate's wedding I was watching the events itself while also continually glued to TRF too. We can all be together virtually over cyberspace.

I don't expect Harry's wedding to be too much different from William's except maybe a bit less "royal" and maybe on a smaller scale. I'd really love to see it happen sooner rather than later because I do get the gut feeling that Harry and Meghan have found something very strong between the two of them and that they can make something that lasts as a partnership for the rest of their lives.

Then again, I'm not holding my breath because I can remember buying into a fairy tale match made in heaven that was a disaster. Take it as it comes I guess.

Old 06-30-2017, 03:51 PM
Majesty

HA..maybe if we start appealing to them now (surely they read the forum??) we will get an invite???? Wouldn't that be something!

Yep, did the same thing for W&K lol post and watch!

IF they marry (and I have the same feeling about it you do), I think it will be a lower key event....Meghan has been married before, both of them are well past 30 and it doesn't seem either one of them are 'splashy'.

LaRae
Old 06-30-2017, 04:23 PM
Majesty

Being further away from the crown also gives Harry more leeway into having the kind of wedding he prefers. It'll still be a big deal as its definitely a royal wedding but I think we'll see more elements of a laid back nature to it.

One thing for sure, once the announcement hits the fan, Meghan most definitely would have or be in the process of setting up permanent residence in the UK. Another aspect that she'll have to deal with is the relocation of her fur babies to their new home. Interesting what she'll have to comply with.

United Kingdom Pet Passport - Current Dog and Cat Import Requirements
Old 06-30-2017, 04:35 PM
Majesty

Yes I would expect a more relaxed type of wedding. I'm sure he'll wear his military uniform ..but I am not convinced he'll marry in one of the big Churches.

Our son just transferred a few months ago to Germany with his wife and 2 dogs ..they have pretty similar requirements. It wasn't any big deal really, all seemed to go smoothly.

So assuming it all goes to plan...I would guess she would move in (quietly) with Harry at his current home (after engagement announced).

LaRae
Old 06-30-2017, 04:53 PM
Majesty

I think that'll be the way of it too. Times sure have changed. I seriously don't see Meghan being holed up at Clarence House or Buckingham Palace (which'll probably be under renovation anyways) like in the days of yore. I can see Harry and Meghan being free to plan the wedding they want without even as much "requirements" that William had.

We'll see what happens but its all definitely something to hope for and look forward to.
Old 06-30-2017, 05:04 PM
Majesty

Yeah didn't Kate more or less live with William prior to the wedding?

I think any requirements would be almost non-existent outside any Church ones that need to be observed.

Fingers crossed for the next year or so!

LaRae
Old 06-30-2017, 05:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

I was working the day Will & Kate got married. Luckily it was in an elderly home so most of them were watching too and I could pop in and out and watch with them.

St. George's Chapel seems like a very likely choice too.
Old 06-30-2017, 05:13 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Yeah didn't Kate more or less live with William prior to the wedding?

I think any requirements would be almost non-existent outside any Church ones that need to be observed.

Fingers crossed for the next year or so!
LaRae
They lived together in university and shared hotel rooms all the time while they were going on all those jet set vacations.

I think Meg and Harry are in fact not going to be forbidden marriage at this point.
Old 06-30-2017, 05:37 PM
Majesty

I can't think of any reason Harry and Meghan would be forbidden to marry.

I know W&K lived together at St Andrews and shared hotel rooms etc, it was all unofficial. I was speaking more about after the official announcement they were engaged.

LaRae

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress Merel View Post
I was working the day Will & Kate got married. Luckily it was in an elderly home so most of them were watching too and I could pop in and out and watch with them.

St. George's Chapel seems like a very likely choice too.

I've seen St George's mentioned here before...I wondered if they would go even smaller though.

Never know, supposed he could go for Westminster too, as his brother did.

LaRae
Old 06-30-2017, 05:44 PM
Majesty

I think Kate had a flat and William more or less spent all his time there rather than at Clarence House. Seems logical to me. Sophie also "lived" quite a bit, I think, at Edward's apartments at Buckingham Palace before the wedding too.

Its all good. It adds to the fact how well couples know each other before going down that aisle.
Old 06-30-2017, 05:51 PM
Majesty

Yeah I don't remember anyone paying much attention to where they lived prior to the wedding. I seem to remember hearing that about S&E also.

When they are together it does seem that they spend a lot of time away from the media at Harry's home just hanging ...that's good that they are doing this.

LaRae

If they do marry..can you imagine the fashion threads for the house of Windsor?

LaRae
Old 06-30-2017, 06:32 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I also agree that if Meghan and Harry do get married, or whoever Harry marries, the wedding will be in a more relaxed setting. Now that George and Charlotte are here, he has 'sunk' further in the line of succession and thus I doubt he will have a big ceremony at Westminster Abbey like his brother. I can imagine that the wedding will be fairly small (for the BRF anyway) and intimate; held at a location like St. George's Chapel at Windsor where Edward and Sophie got married.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 06-30-2017, 07:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Meghan Markle's diary reveals what she thinks of Harry | Daily Mail Online
Old 06-30-2017, 07:49 PM
Imperial Majesty

You know, if it wasn't for the very good pictures the DF provide, I would never visit that sight again.

A.W. TOZER
Old 06-30-2017, 07:55 PM
Majesty

I'm totally in agreement with that. Perhaps we should have an area specifically for Fail articles and call it The Click Bait thread so that what goes into threads like this one are actually credible sources to be believed.

Its kind of sad that the writers and the articles don't live up to the excellence of their photography.
Old 06-30-2017, 08:12 PM
Heir Apparent

With the exception of Robert Hardman, but just when it comes to the royals, because I don't agree with him in anything else.
Old 06-30-2017, 08:33 PM
Aristocracy

The Fail is absolutely pathetic! Amazing that there are people who would actually buy such trash, but to each their own. Well I'm one click that the Fail will not get, I did read the headline and that is more than enough, seriously 'MM's diary as imagined by Claudia...' that's right, imagined by the writer. And there are people who claim to worry about what the tabloids write, it's not the first and won't be the last piece of imagined junk!
Old 06-30-2017, 08:42 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeT View Post
The Fail is absolutely pathetic! Amazing that there are people who would actually buy such trash, but to each their own. Well I'm one click that the Fail will not get, I did read the headline and that is more than enough, seriously 'MM's diary as imagined by Claudia...' that's right, imagined by the writer. And there are people who claim to worry about what the tabloids write, it's not the first and won't be the last piece of imagined junk!
I'm sorry but as soon as you click to read the headline, they got the click they needed.

You don't have to read it to register. There are other publications out there that publish the news. Mail online is fantasy land.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 06-30-2017, 08:45 PM
Majesty

I would even go as far as to state that fantasy journalism is a cut above the Fail. I knew by the headline posted in this thread here with the link that its not something I'd waste my time with.