The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2017, 10:55 PM
Majesty

I think Meghan is smart enough to have done some research (if she didn't already have a good idea) of what to expect...and I'm sure once they decided to make a go of it, they discussed it between themselves.

I think the key will be support...as long as they stick together and support each other they can get thru it. Both of them have the life experience and maturity to deal with it, if they want to.

LaRae

Old 06-27-2017, 11:16 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
I think Meghan is smart enough to have done some research (if she didn't already have a good idea) of what to expect...and I'm sure once they decided to make a go of it, they discussed it between themselves.

I think the key will be support...as long as they stick together and support each other they can get thru it. Both of them have the life experience and maturity to deal with it, if they want to.

LaRae
Isn't that the truth! The love and support of one another is what helps a couple get through stuff like this.

A.W. TOZER
Old 06-28-2017, 12:36 AM
Majesty

It's not like Meghan is an innocent school girl. Anyone with a tv or goes for groceries knows the scrutiny the British royals live under. You'd have to live in a cave not to. She knew it was never going to be easy when she started dating him. This isn't an infatuated teenage girl blinded by love and a tiara.

She also is in the public spotlight before him. Unlike other girlfriends, she has the experience to some point. Like Letizia, her career at least gives her a leg up in public speaking and being comfortable with press.
Old 06-28-2017, 12:53 AM
Nobility

All I have to say, that Meghan is proving to be VERY serious about Harry and loving him a lot, because even this hasn't driven her away. I'm sure she had a few moments prior knowledge of this trashy show being in the talks, and I'm sure the talks for this show would end if this relationship ended. But she's not walking away. She's facing this shameless exploitation with her head held high.
Old 06-28-2017, 01:01 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
It's not like Meghan is an innocent school girl. Anyone with a tv or goes for groceries knows the scrutiny the British royals live under. You'd have to live in a cave not to. She knew it was never going to be easy when she started dating him. This isn't an infatuated teenage girl blinded by love and a tiara.

She also is in the public spotlight before him. Unlike other girlfriends, she has the experience to some point. Like Letizia, her career at least gives her a leg up in public speaking and being comfortable with press.
Still, that's a lot of trouble to go through. Whether she expected it or not, how you feel knowing press will be all over you is different than when they really start turning over every rock. I'm sure most of us do not realize how many things we don't want others to know until it's out there. Point is, even knowing all this, some might decide it's too much trouble to go through.
Old 06-28-2017, 01:19 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
The US actress looks all set for summer after modelling a range of seasonal outfits including a sultry snap wearing nothing on top except a flowery blazer....

Meghan Markle sets pulses racing going braless in blazer | Daily Mail Online
It's from a March 2014 Splash magazine photo shoot that took place at the Lincoln Park Conservatory in Chicago. I've posted a behind-the-scenes video of the shoot before in this thread. Old news, but leave it to the DF to continue with their baseless creation of made-up trivialities and non-stories. Meghan and Harry will only continue to keep their relationship low-profile. The OTT frenzy and relentless prying is ridiculous.

Here's the Splash photo shoot again which has been up on Youtube for some time, plus a brief reference to the 3-year-old story on the Splash website:
Video: Behind the scenes of our cover shoot with Meghan Markle - SPLASH

And here are more old videos; these are in connection with Meghan's cover feature for Lifestyle magazine. Wonder when DF will be retreading this? They probably won't be unless there is something they feel it's possible to insinuate of a sexually promiscuous or sleazy nature, which is what they have been doing for far too long.

Meghan: "A quote I live by is 'Don't give it five minutes if you're not going to give it five years...' If you're resilient and you stick with it, I think you have a really strong shot of achieving your goals."

Meghan also had this to say about her similar qualities to her friend, Serena Williams: "We are similar in our endless ambitions and in our desire to exceed expectations."

In the absence of any news at all, DF would make negative hay of anything, including those straightforward quotes. The quotes are positive and inspirational, and they give insight into the strengths of Meghan's personality, which is surely part of the reason why Harry was attracted to her in the first place.

And this brief fashion interview for OutNet.com with some wardrobe tips from Meghan:
Old 06-28-2017, 02:02 AM

Hmmm Wimbledon doesn't start until next week, & Serena is @ home, pregnant. That lady is on her way to see her prince!
Old 06-28-2017, 02:28 AM
Nobility

Right, Serena won't be at Wimbledon this year. Meghan might still attend a few Wimbledon matches, who knows. It would be something if both Meghan and Harry show up one day in the royal box at Wimby.

I doubt that Harry is at all interested in tennis though. Young Prince William attended Wimbledon with his mother Diana on a memorable occasion. And William and Kate attended Wimbledon together sometime after their marriage.
Old 06-28-2017, 04:46 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
If there is to be a wedding, I'd be surprised if anyone from Meghan's family besides her mother and her father are in attendance. The others have just proven that they have no respect whatsoever for Meghan so why should she include them in her and Harry's special day.

Kind of has a Cinderella feel to it doesn't it.
I think it's just her dad's family she's estranged from. She still has family on her mothers side & I believe her maternal grandmother is still alive. It would also look kinda weird to have her mom & dad as her only family at the wedding while the Windors are represented in large in numbers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Not to make excuses for anyone, but not all families know how to handle having a famous relative in the family, yet alone one who's dating a very famous British prince. That family must be getting all kinds of calls from the media to do interviews and spill a few beans. It doesn't matter if the family don't know any real insightful details of the couple.
The Markle family went out of their way to court publicity purely out of greed, spite & jealousy. They invited the media into their home so they were not coerced into it. Her mother's family on the other hand haven't said a word. Unlike the Markles they haven't sold stories to the media & have kept a dignified silence.
Old 06-28-2017, 07:20 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
The only piece of jewelry on Meghan (should it happen) that would really matter would be that ring of Welsh gold. Everything else (besides an engagement ring) is window dressing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeroniqueG View Post
Hmmm Wimbledon doesn't start until next week, & Serena is @ home, pregnant. That lady is on her way to see her prince!
But isn't Harry on some African Safari following Elephants?
Old 06-28-2017, 07:21 AM
Aristocracy

In addition to her mother and father, there's a possibility that Meghan could also still have paternal and maternal family members that she has a good relationship with that have not courted the media like some of them have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
But isn't Harry on some African Safari following Elephants?
Harry's back and has a joint engagement tomorrow with The Queen.
Old 06-28-2017, 08:24 AM
Majesty

Hmmmm perhaps we'll see Harry make a rare appearance at Wimbledon, with a guest.

LaRae
Old 06-28-2017, 08:58 AM
Serene Highness

I don't think someone should be allowed into the RF only if they come from an ideal family. No one should be treated as inferior if they didn't have perfect family dynamics.
Old 06-28-2017, 09:20 AM
Majesty

No one has 'ideal' family ...some have better situations than others but everyone has their issues.

LaRae
Old 06-28-2017, 09:21 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
only if they come from an ideal family
There is NO such bar... God knows the Spencer's had FAR from perfect 'family dynamics'..
Old 06-28-2017, 09:34 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by AristoCat View Post
I don't think someone should be allowed into the RF only if they come from an ideal family. No one should be treated as inferior if they didn't have perfect family dynamics.
Of course not, and as wyevale wrote, there is NO such bar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post
There is NO such bar... God knows the Spencer's had FAR from perfect 'family dynamics'..
And there you said it.
Old 06-28-2017, 09:43 AM
Imperial Majesty

That's right, remember, he don't come from an ideal family either. Again, people have to stop looking for perfect partners with perfect families for the Windsors. Mainly because the Windsors aren't perfect either.

The Markle's family issues aren't any of our business.

A.W. TOZER
Old 06-28-2017, 09:50 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen E View Post
I think it's just her dad's family she's estranged from. She still has family on her mothers side & I believe her maternal grandmother is still alive. It would also look kinda weird to have her mom & dad as her only family at the wedding while the Windors are represented in large in numbers!

The Markle family went out of their way to court publicity purely out of greed, spite & jealousy. They invited the media into their home so they were not coerced into it. Her mother's family on the other hand haven't said a word. Unlike the Markles they haven't sold stories to the media & have kept a dignified silence.

True do not paint her mother's side or her father(who has remained quiet) with the same tawdry brush of the half brother and sister. The irony of it all was when the DM looked to attack her family the tried to call the mother's side gangsters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROYAL NORWAY View Post
Of course not, and as wyevale wrote, there is NO such bar.

And there you said it.
The Spencers used to call their stepmother acid Raine and fought with her regarding selling the family's priceless art work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeT View Post
Harry's back and has a joint engagement tomorrow with The Queen.
He was not on safari, he was doing follow up to the elephant conservation project he started last summer.
Old 06-28-2017, 09:56 AM
Majesty

The BRF isn't any better than any other family when it comes to family drama/dysfunction.

LaRae
Old 06-28-2017, 11:38 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
Channel 4 are creating a new show " Meet the Markles"

Channel 4 show Meet the Markles to reveal Meghan's life | Daily Mail Online
These people can forget getting invited to the wedding if there is one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen E View Post
When will the madness stop?! Harry & Meghan have only been dating for roughly a year and already a tv show is being made on her life? What utter rubbish! Harry is now 5th in line to the throne & his wife won't be queen so why is this even necessary? This just stinks of desperation & opportunism on behalf of channel 4 who have commissioned the programme. The show will probably contain the same crap & misinformation already out there & interviews from estranged family members on her father's trashy side of the family whom Meghan hasn't spoken to in years.

No wonder Harry has found it hard to find a spouse. The media just make it virtually impossible for any woman he dates by creating a feverish environment. With Meghan in particular there seems to be an effort to try to discredit her in every way.
If Harry and Meghan's relationship can survive all of this and they make it to the altar, I think they will have a strong marriage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiaMia_53 View Post
Right, Serena won't be at Wimbledon this year. Meghan might still attend a few Wimbledon matches, who knows. It would be something if both Meghan and Harry show up one day in the royal box at Wimby.

I doubt that Harry is at all interested in tennis though. Young Prince William attended Wimbledon with his mother Diana on a memorable occasion. And William and Kate attended Wimbledon together sometime after their marriage.
I know that Meghan has attended Wimbledon in the past before dating Prince Harry. If she and Harry get married, it would be awesome to see her and Kate attend together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AristoCat View Post
The Royal Family definitely has not had an ideal family, so I don't see it as being a problem. They put the dis in disfunction during the 80's and 90's