The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2017, 07:56 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
No, I don't remember Diana wearing many emeralds or rubies at all, except the emerald choker she wore as a bandeau across her forehead when she danced with Charles in Australia.

She was a pearls sort of gal, especially when she was younger, and sapphires. I think pearl chokers are lovely but younger royals don't wear them now, gone completely out of fashion. However, I think Meghan will get a ruby engagement ring. For some reason I believe emeralds are a long shot though she might receive an emerald parure as a wedding gift from her in laws.

I don't see Meghan getting a parure from the queen. Brooch, necklace, earrings, ring, bracelet and tiara as a matching set? All that bling going to the wife of the fifth in line to the throne when two future queens - one a future queen the other to be determined - didn't get a demiparure as wedding gifts? No way.

Old 06-26-2017, 08:34 PM
Heir Apparent

I'd say Harry will have the means to buy his wife enough jewels...not to mention Charles is rather fond of buying the women in his life (to include Kate) jewelry. Then there are the BRF jewels which would be accessible by his wife as loaners....and then there are Diana's jewels which can be worn as is or re-worked.

LaRae

Old 06-26-2017, 08:58 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
The only piece of jewelry on Meghan (should it happen) that would really matter would be that ring of Welsh gold. Everything else (besides an engagement ring) is window dressing.
Old 06-26-2017, 10:10 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post
Let's think this through: isn't there a long established tradition (sequence) of events that occurs with a royal couple on the road to engagement/marriage? Like don't they have to be seen at family events together, and at least one event with the Queen present? Am I wrong on that?

If so, then Meghan and Harry are a long ways from sealing the deal, methinks.
Well, summer is here. Usually there are things going on at Balmoral.
Old 06-26-2017, 11:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Well, I suppose an extended family event has already happened, with Pippa's wedding and they were both at the party.

I'm up for correction here, but as far as I remember the only event the public were aware of at which both Kate and the Queen were present before the engagement was the wedding of Peter and Autumn Phillips. I remember photos of Harry, Chelsy and Kate featured in Hello magazine at the reception. However, William wasn't present. I think he was at another function overseas.

Harry doesn't usually spend much time at Balmoral with his grandparents I believe, so it would be significant if he appeared there with Meghan. In fact I'd say cue for an official engagement announcement territory! However, she's reputedly flown to London so we may see them together there.
Old 06-26-2017, 11:45 PM
Heir Apparent

I don't know if they officially met but the queen and Kate were both at Williams graduation from Sandhurst.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2006/...oliverburkeman

And yes, William missed peters wedding. He was in Kenya for the wedding if Batian Craig, the brother of Jecca.

Pippas wedding is not an extended family event. The Middletons are not Harrys family. Being invited as a plus one to Pippas wedding, is not the sane as being invited to say a lunch at Balmoral. It will be interesting to see if and when Meghan gets an invite by granny to visit Sandringham or Balmoral. Far more serious sign then going to brothers sister in laws wedding.
Old 06-27-2017, 12:18 AM
Imperial Majesty

Meghan can meet The Queen at any time. Both privately and publicly. We might see it or it can happen without us even knowing about it. We know she met the Cambridge's and the Middleton's, but we don't know if she has met Charles yet. It could've happened privately, as the family gathers on a regular bases behind closed doors without anyone knowing. Or it just haven't happened yet. What we do know, the family knows about her and she knows about them. That's obvious!

A.W. TOZER
Old 06-27-2017, 04:16 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
^ Probably because the couple aren't yet giving them anything in the way of photos together as they're extremely careful of being seen on dates. I think it's getting a bit tiresome myself, as they've been together for about a year. However, as things are, that's what the media has to accept.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Harry and Meghan have kept things so close to the vest and kept the media out of it so much that the only clue we're ever going to really have is an official announcement from KP and Harry and Meghan together with her wearing his ring. Until then, I don't want to play the guessing game.
We certainly live in interesting times. When William courted Catherine the world watched, albeit from a distance as he dated her at University and later socially. They watched and interpreted to their heart's content and, when short on sightings or gossip, endlessly recycling photo's that only royal watchers picked were old and recycled.

That is not and cannot happen with Harry. To be honest the media can only say that they spent time together at Easter and after Christmas. The only problem was that they had all the trendy places staked out, thinking they would be dining, drinking and dancing the nights away. They forgot these two are in their thirties not twenties and managing a long distance relationship. The cherry on top is that Meghan likes to cook which meant they could stay home and enjoy each other's company or entertain friends or family that the press pays no attention to their comings and goings and visiting between KP, SJP, BP and CH without alerting the media isn't exactly brain surgery.

I don't actually think they are hiding their relationship, they just aren't being seen often in public preferring to spend the limited time they have with each other rather than in public.
Old 06-27-2017, 02:16 PM
Nobility

They aren't hiding the relationship at all, IMHO. Harry's statement took care of that. They just aren't courting the public. But when they've been seen together, they clearly act like a couple, pretty natural and normal, not caring that their pda is seen.

I'm interested to see what they do few months from now, if suits gets picked up for season 8, and if Meghan signs up for that season.
Old 06-27-2017, 03:08 PM
Imperial Majesty

I see Meghan is heading back to London-
Meghan Markle arrives at Toronto airport for London flight | Daily Mail Online

A.W. TOZER
Old 06-27-2017, 03:11 PM
Majesty

Most likely for Wimbledon.
Old 06-27-2017, 04:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

Is Harry in Africa? I have read confusing reports. I wonder if she is staying at KP while he is away if he is indeed away.
Old 06-27-2017, 05:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Is she going over for Wimbledon?

LaRae
Old 06-27-2017, 05:24 PM
Majesty

Channel 4 are creating a new show " Meet the Markles"

Channel 4 show Meet the Markles to reveal Meghan's life | Daily Mail Online
Old 06-27-2017, 05:28 PM
Heir Presumptive

Oh my goodness gracious! That's all I have to say.
Old 06-27-2017, 05:39 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post

C4 is trash for doing this. The Markle side of her family are trash! How could they? Unbelievable
Old 06-27-2017, 05:44 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post

Good God! I'm afraid I jinxed it because the thought crossed my mind the other day that the trashy side of the family must have run out of people to pay them for info since we haven't heard from them in a while. But they were saving it up for their reality show. Mea culpa

I hope no one watches and they crawl back into the hole they came from.
Old 06-27-2017, 05:49 PM
Majesty

Stay tuned, folks, for the next exciting episode where we see Samantha Grant in her starring role spewing out crapola about someone she hardly knows.
Old 06-27-2017, 05:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

Sadly not unexpected, trashy family, a past they can explore. Guess she's strong enough to ignore it all.
Old 06-27-2017, 05:52 PM
Majesty

Somehow, with Harry and his ginger hair, I don't think he's going to take to kindly to this at all.

Good gravy! Even the Middletons were never exploited to this extent and that's exactly what I think it is. Exploitation.