The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2017, 02:16 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
The US actress looks all set for summer after modelling a range of seasonal outfits including a sultry snap wearing nothing on top except a flowery blazer....

Meghan Markle sets pulses racing going braless in blazer | Daily Mail Online
The Daily Mail is extremely desperate! Why on earth are they creating an entire article out of 2014 photos, of Meghan modelling handbags. Her media coverage is awful!

Old 06-26-2017, 02:48 AM
Heir Apparent

^ Probably because the couple aren't yet giving them anything in the way of photos together as they're extremely careful of being seen on dates. I think it's getting a bit tiresome myself, as they've been together for about a year. However, as things are, that's what the media has to accept.

Old 06-26-2017, 06:24 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Personally, I think the media has its panties in a twist because, frankly, there's not much they can do "straight" reporting on anymore these days. They are being bypassed.

A big example was that decades ago, if Harry and KP were to release the statement they did at the beginning of this relationship, they would have depended on the press to get that word out. This statement by KP was released on Twitter and we all got wind of it at the same time the press did.

For the most part, eliminating a middle man makes them obsolete. What we're seeing now is the fanciful, fluff stories coming down the pipes in a huge attempt to stay relevant where royal news is concerned.

One of their big tricks now is to build a "huge" breaking story out of things that have been dug up out of past archives and spinning a new tale with them.
Old 06-26-2017, 06:45 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnsha View Post
The Daily Mail is extremely desperate! Why on earth are they creating an entire article out of 2014 photos, of Meghan modelling handbags. Her media coverage is awful!
It shows that the DMail is an unreliable and deceptive source for information! It is June 2017 and the Mail prints an article using pictures of Meghan Markle from 2014 and insinuates that she is preparing for summer with pictures from 3 years ago. What other lies have the journalists and editors at the DMail written? The Mail's agenda against Meghan is clear as is their agenda to misinform the public.
Old 06-26-2017, 09:00 AM
Heir Apparent

Chocolate diamonds are beautiful stones too...but I like those pink ones on the previous page as well!

LaRae
Old 06-26-2017, 09:27 AM
Majesty

Personally, I don't care what the ring looks like or its provenance or even what the stone is. What is more important to me is the meaning behind the ring and what it stands for.

How about a jeweled cigar band? That worked well in the movie "The Unsinkable Molly Brown".
Old 06-26-2017, 10:26 AM
Heir Apparent

I haven't seen that movie for years. An oldie but goodie!
Old 06-26-2017, 02:33 PM
Gentry

There is an E! News article claiming Harry went to visit Meghan a week ago in Toronto en route to his trip to Malawi. What I find funny in the article is that one source claims he went to visit her & then a few paragraphs down there is another source saying he didn't go to Toronto! So who knows what the truth is.

The article seems to be a bit all over the place but it does have some recent pictures of Meghan flying from the airport in Toronto on Sunday supposedly on her way to London. Harry is apparently due to fly back to London on Tuesday as he has an engagement on Thursday.

Prince Harry Secretly Visits Meghan Markle in Toronto: Inside Their Romantic Weekend | E! News
Old 06-26-2017, 02:43 PM
Nobility

I realize I am not a geography whiz, but wouldn't Toronto be the in opposite direction from London to Malawi? It's a shame that the press is so desperate that they have to cobble together stories based on 4-year old information, or throw out speculations that will possibly hold one small grain of a correct guess, just so they can say you heard (read) it here first. Just accept that nothing public is happening with the couple right now, and move on.
Old 06-26-2017, 02:47 PM
Majesty

Figuring out where Harry was or wasn't or is or isn't is almost as much fun as playing Where in the world is Carmen Sandiego.

One thing is obvious though is that Harry is getting very good at traveling without the press knowing what his travel plans are. Maybe we should send the tabloids copies of the "Where's Waldo" books to give them a bit of practice eh?
Old 06-26-2017, 04:03 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Chocolate diamonds are beautiful stones too...but I like those pink ones on the previous page as well!

LaRae

I've never liked chocolate diamonds.
I read once that they were impossible to sell when they were just brown, but when they were relabeled chocolate, suddenly people started to buy them!

But I think them ugly.

(This may sound indelicate, but what kind of ring did Meghan have from her first marriage? Because I think Harry would choose something different, IF they get engaged).
Old 06-26-2017, 04:30 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
I read once that they were impossible to sell when they were just brown, but when they were relabeled chocolate, suddenly people started to buy them!

But I think them ugly.

(This may sound indelicate, but what kind of ring did Meghan have from her first marriage? Because I think Harry would choose something different, IF they get engaged).
It was a solitaire ring with diamonds on the band. It was a beautiful ring from what I've seen of it. Reflected very well off the light.
Old 06-26-2017, 04:48 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
impossible to sell when they were just brown, but when they were re-labeled chocolate, suddenly people started to buy them!
I'm reminded of how NO-ONE cared about the 'Jungle' until it was rebranded 'Rainforest' !
Old 06-26-2017, 04:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post

But I think them ugly.

Oh wouldn't be surprised...I've seen some beautiful ones.

Hmmm I don't know if there's any pics of her first set of rings...
Old 06-26-2017, 05:05 PM
Nobility

It wouldn't be surprising for Meghan to be heading to London. Wimbledon is on, and the show filming appears to be on a bit of a break.
Old 06-26-2017, 06:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

Maybe she's in Africa.
Old 06-26-2017, 06:53 PM
Nobility

Now that would be the icing on the cake for Harry.......
Old 06-26-2017, 06:54 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post
Maybe she's in Africa.
OOoooh! If we're to believe the Express, Harry and Meghan did make plans to visit Africa this year so that Harry could show her Sentebale. Who can forget those headines with PROPOSE in b i g letters.

Meghan Markle - Prince Harry and girlfriend to visit Africa | Travel News | Travel | Express.co.uk
Old 06-26-2017, 07:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

Let's think this through: isn't there a long established tradition (sequence) of events that occurs with a royal couple on the road to engagement/marriage? Like don't they have to be seen at family events together, and at least one event with the Queen present? Am I wrong on that?

If so, then Meghan and Harry are a long ways from sealing the deal, methinks.
Old 06-26-2017, 07:23 PM
Majesty

Harry and Meghan have kept things so close to the vest and kept the media out of it so much that the only clue we're ever going to really have is an official announcement from KP and Harry and Meghan together with her wearing his ring. Until then, I don't want to play the guessing game.