The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2017, 10:56 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Its been mentioned that Harry has been involved in two relationships prior to Meghan that have lasted 2 years or longer. There was a big difference though I think between both of those and his relationship with Meghan. With Chelsy, both of them were pretty young, enjoyed being with each other and doing what kids their age do. Not much work to keep a relationship there going and from what I've heard, they've had their ups and down throughout. With Chelsy, there wasn't much work to be done to maintain that relationship either. She pretty much floated with the same set that Harry did and they enjoyed being with each other and doing things they liked to do.

With Meghan its a world of difference. Meghan already had an established world around her when she met Harry. Harry was older and is establishing himself in his world too. They both have commitments that keep them quite a distance from each other. This relationship is work on both of their parts to make it work and its been a very private relationship where they're making the most out of the time they do have together rather than going out and having a grand old time partying.

When it comes to speaking, I think Meghan would most likely surpass Will, Kate and Harry at being an eloquent public speaker. I don't think it'd be a stretch for her either to find alternate ways to express her concerns and stay clear of anything political or controversial. There are many, many causes and patronages that are just screaming out for more backing. Like Camilla, she could take on sensitive issues that women and girls have had to face and propagate change without it being political.

I agree with Pranter when she says "She can speak...she CHOOSES to not speak." If she's wise enough and astute enough now to realize that what she feeds into the masses also reflects on the person that she's involved with, its not that much further of a step to adapt to the norm that whatever she'd say as Harry's wife would affect the BRF.

Recently Harry was quoted from a Newsweek article that had him stating that he and William and Kate are working to bring the monarchy into the 21st century. Britain of 2017 is a whole lot different than Britain of 1917. British aristocracy and British conventions that go along with it is actually, in my estimation, would reflect on a very small percentage of the UK's population today. The culture of the UK today is much more diverse than in days of yore and perhaps an American princess would be as acceptable as Sadiq Khan is as a Muslim Mayor of London to the people.

That's my take on it anyways.

Old 06-24-2017, 09:12 PM
Commoner

So, a new article come out today which built on the Newsweek article from last week.

I wanted out, confesses Harry the reluctant prince | Daily Mail Online

Meghan come up in the article a couple of times, but I found this part to be really interesting.

"Has his relationship with Meghan Markle helped him? It is a subject he does not wish to discuss, feeling she already has too much unfair scrutiny."

It seems that he knows how much people talk about her in a negative fashion, and I guess that's why he does not like to speak about her in interviews. He also dispelled the idea that Meghan advised him on mental health issues, which makes sense to me given that he has mentioned working on this before he met her. Overall, I think it's a good read that greatly expands on the last (not well received) article.

Old 06-24-2017, 10:12 PM
Heir Apparent

I like what he had to say.

LaRae
Old 06-24-2017, 10:49 PM
Heir Apparent

Honestly the whole Meghan inspired him to get into mental health rhetoric never added up to me. People making more of the timing then there was.

Harry has been involved in mental health the longest. Well before this campaign. When he got involved with walking with the wounded and later in Invictus. Unlike the Cambridges who focus on bereavement, his focus has been on PTSD and other issues with military. He has said in plenty of Invictus interviews, that coming back from Afghanistan and seeing the soldiers and the state they were in inspired him. Both their physical and mental.

The one connection between Meghan and his work with the campaign seems to be how they met. So still a nice anecdote if true for eventual engagement video.
Old 06-25-2017, 04:58 PM
Heir Apparent

Express really needs both new writers and new editors

Prince Harry having engagement ring cut from Diana's bracelet for Meghan Markle | Life | Life & Style | Express.co.uk

Though the title and article say the emerald is from a bracelet, the byline under the title says the ring is being made from his mothers engagement ring. Glad they cleared that up in the article. Was starting to think Harry stole the ring off Kate when she wasn't looking and dismantled it for gold

Or this lovely article. The queen may not attend her youngest grandsons wedding.

http://www.express.co.uk/life-style/...-wedding-queen

May be true enough. Considering her age and how young James is, it's highly unlikely she will be alive When her youngest grandson gets married.

As for Harry, if she didn't approve of Meghan they wouldn't get married. If her and Philip are not there it's because they can't be.
Old 06-25-2017, 05:17 PM
Aristocracy

Perhaps enough people didn't read a previous nonsense article that was done in March by another Express writer? It appears these writers and editors do not care about the quality of their work. Pity!

Prince Harry plans to ‘turn Diana’s tiara into engagement ring’ | Royal | News | Express.co.uk
Old 06-25-2017, 05:27 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Express really needs both new writers and new editors

Prince Harry having engagement ring cut from Diana's bracelet for Meghan Markle | Life | Life & Style | Express.co.uk

Though the title and article say the emerald is from a bracelet, the byline under the title says the ring is being made from his mothers engagement ring. Glad they cleared that up in the article. Was starting to think Harry stole the ring off Kate she wasn't looking and dismantled it for gold

Or this lovely article. The queen may not attend her youngest grandsons wedding.

Meghan Markle: Queen won’t attend Prince Harry wedding to Suits actress girlfriend | Life | Life & Style | Express.co.uk

May be true enough. Considering her she and how young James is, it's highly unlikely she will be alive When her youngest grandson gets married.

As for Harry, if she didn't approve of Meghan they wouldn't get married. If her and Philip are not there it's because they can't be.
1. What am I doing on this thread.

2. The Express and it's stupid articles - Its just crap that doesn't deserve to be read.
Old 06-25-2017, 06:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

Someone gets paid for that rubbish ?? Think I will give up reading anything about the BRF. Unless it's a video and I can see what's being said but then I suppose they could edit it to twist it etc
Old 06-25-2017, 07:14 PM
Imperial Majesty

The media is getting tired of not being able to report on this relationship at the moment. Couple is busy.

A.W. TOZER
Old 06-25-2017, 07:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Focus on the important stuff please - what emerald bracelet?

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 06-25-2017, 07:54 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
Charles bought Diana a emerald bracelet. I think did so to go along with Queen Mary's emerald choker Diana loved wearing so much.

A.W. TOZER
Old 06-25-2017, 09:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

Fluff and rubbish aside. I think a ruby and diamond ring would be most appropriate as red is in the flags of USA, Canada, and the UK. All 3 countries are significant and important to Meghan.😊
Old 06-25-2017, 09:40 PM
Nobility

I would be interested in what the queen would give as a wedding present, or if she will give one at all. The last time a married in bride for the House of Windsor received a gift from the queen was Sarah Ferguson in 1986. Since then, Sophie, Camilla and Kate were loaned tiara pieces when they got married. (Camilla's engagement ring once belong to the Queen Mother.)

As for the engagement ring, Harry may do something different and not use a ring from Diana's collection. (He may give Meghan a different type of jewelry that belonged to his mother as a wedding gift.) I would like to see an argyle pink diamond, see examples:

https://www.google.com/search?q=argy...#imgrc=ffsjhT5
Old 06-25-2017, 09:54 PM
Courtier

I believe the Queen's gift to Harry's bride will be to give her husband a dukedom thus making her a duchess :)
Unless Meghan has a strong preference for a particular gem I predict any engagement ring will be a diamond, surely there's a spare somewhere in his Grandmother or father's possession that can be mounted w/out cutting up another piece. :)
Old 06-25-2017, 10:13 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
I think likely means this

Queen Mary's Art Deco Emerald & Diamond Choker – My Blog

At the bottom of the post there is a picture of her with an emerald bracelet that is said to have been a wedding gift from Charles. Can't find a good pic. It's Art Deco, meant to match the choker.
Old 06-25-2017, 10:23 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa View Post
Fluff and rubbish aside. I think a ruby and diamond ring would be most appropriate as red is in the flags of USA, Canada, and the UK. All 3 countries are significant and important to Meghan.😊
Wonderful idea!!!
Old 06-25-2017, 11:58 PM
Heir Presumptive

Actauly I don't believe that Diana liked emeralds much. she preferred sapphires and pearls..
Old 06-26-2017, 12:16 AM
Heir Apparent

No, I don't remember Diana wearing many emeralds or rubies at all, except the emerald choker she wore as a bandeau across her forehead when she danced with Charles in Australia.

She was a pearls sort of gal, especially when she was younger, and sapphires. I think pearl chokers are lovely but younger royals don't wear them now, gone completely out of fashion. However, I think Meghan will get a ruby engagement ring. For some reason I believe emeralds are a long shot though she might receive an emerald parure as a wedding gift from her in laws.
Old 06-26-2017, 01:06 AM
Heir Presumptive

well for one thing emeralds are unlucky as an engagement ring unless they're your birthstone..
As for Diana, I have read somewhere, that it was one of the minor "problems" with Charles and Diana that she didn't like emeralds much and he thought she might look good in them with green... didn't realise that she was not fond of htem. I don't know how true it is.. but if so I think its part of their general misunderstanding each other..
she may have had a bit of supersitioious dislike of them. or just preferred blue and white stones because they went better with her blond hair and blue eyes.
Old 06-26-2017, 01:44 AM
Heir Apparent

These photos of Meghan are from 2014, two years before she and Harry met. With the Tig closed down and Meghan cutting down on her social media the tabloids are really scratching for copy.

Closed Thread