The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #6421  
Old 06-21-2017, 01:22 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Pittsburgh, United States
Posts: 2,546
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen E View Post
It's been quiet here for a few days, hope everyone is ok!

Newsweek have been following Harry for a year and they have released an article where Harry & sources close to him were interviewed. I found the below quote concerning his relationship with Meghan quite interesting:

“One person close to the prince says Harry is not rushing to “get things done”—royal-speak for proposing. “They obviously get on very well and have a lot in common, but they have not known each other that long. They need to find out if they can have an ordinary relationship within a very unusual setting. I don’t think anything will happen until the end of the year.”

This was an authorized interview & Newsweek is a credible outlet so I’m willing to believe this quote.

It looks like too many have been jumping the gun when it comes to an early engagement!

I think Harry just like William, is deeply affected by the nasty break up & divorce of his parents, and doesn’t want to rush into marriage until he is absolutely sure. While I doubt he will wait as long as William did, but waiting till at least the end of the year seems sensible.

Exclusive: Prince Harry on Chaos After Diana's Death and Why the World Needs 'the Magic' of the Royal Family

Harry may not want to rush into marriage, but the consensus opinion on this forum seems to be that Meghan is in a hurry to marry and have children and that she may not want to wait forever herself. I wonder why we should believe that.
__________________

  #6422  
Old 06-21-2017, 01:24 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 234
I know this ot but, i think the unnamed sources weren't needed...i felt they came off odd in trying to make harry seem amazing...we know that...the quotes weren't necessary..also, let harry speak for himself, im not interested in journalists trying to examine and psychoanalyze his comments.

Also, the timing of this article is strange...invictus isnt for a couple of months...why now? i'll answer my own question...probably diana related bc of her anniversary coming up.. if i were him i would tell my friends to not talk about his relationship, etc..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
Harry may not want to rush into marriage, but the consensus opinion on this forum seems to be that Meghan is an hurry to marry and have children and that she may not want to wait forever herself. I wonder why we should believe that.
i disagree with the comment in the article, too...at trooping i got the vibe that he wants to be married like yesterday and have someone there with him...and she is going to be 36...i imagine she doesnt want to wait because if they wait longer...it could be potentially a problem for them to get pregnant...and no women wants to have that struggle. bc at this rate if they get married and have a baby..she'll probably 37 by the time the baby arrives...so as personal as these things are for us to be talking about, its relevant bc he wants to have children..and for women fertility is a time sensitive thing...but, hopefully all is well with them!
__________________

  #6423  
Old 06-21-2017, 01:27 PM
Pranter's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 4,907
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen E View Post
Newsweek is a highly credible outlet & they've had access to Harry for a year. This isn't some fluff piece & covers many topics.

Everyone is free to read the article in its entirety & make up their own minds!

No media source is 'highly credible' anymore.


LaRae
  #6424  
Old 06-21-2017, 01:39 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
No media source is 'highly credible' anymore.


LaRae
This. For EVERYTHING.
  #6425  
Old 06-21-2017, 01:43 PM
Gentry
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
Harry may not want to rush into marriage, but the consensus opinion on this forum seems to be that Meghan is an hurry to marry and have children and that she may not want to wait forever herself. I wonder why we should believe that.
I personally have never said Meghan was in a rush to get married. In fact being a divorcée I would say she would be more cautious the 2nd time around. H&M have been together now for roughly a year. If they decide to get married now I don't think that is rushing things. They are both old enough to know what they want. Also both H&M have each said they would like to have kids. Meghan is going to be 36 & I don't think that is old, however she wouldn't want to hang around for years either for a relationship that is going nowhere.
  #6426  
Old 06-21-2017, 01:57 PM
Pranter's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 4,907
No woman is gonna hang around for years waiting on a guy who doesn't want the same things she does. The fact they've been together around a year or so indicates they are in agreement about what they want...that they are going in the same direction.


LaRae
  #6427  
Old 06-21-2017, 01:58 PM
Gentry
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
No media source is 'highly credible' anymore.


LaRae
Some media sources are more credible than others & it is up to individuals to analyze stories for trustworthiness. We all have to get our news from somewhere otherwise what would be the point in reading anything!
  #6428  
Old 06-21-2017, 02:03 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Woodbridge, United States
Posts: 286
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen E View Post
Newsweek is a highly credible outlet & they've had access to Harry for a year. This isn't some fluff piece & covers many topics.

Everyone is free to read the article in its entirety & make up their own minds!
I would trust the source and also sources that talk to People tend to be authorized.

I like the quote and hope it puts a damper on all the hysterical marriage articles. Realistically they are two people who clearly like and care for each other and are trying to date in an abnormal situation. I hope this gives them both time to decide what they want on their own time table and not the rabid tabloids who want clickbait.
  #6429  
Old 06-21-2017, 02:20 PM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 13,050
Folks, the quote could be true. We just have to be careful of the unnamed sources. We've been down the road of reading quotes from unnamed "sources" before and it was a lot of running around with stories that wasn't true. It all help start endless debates and years of bashing of a royal girlfriend.

It's great if Harry and Meghan is taking the time to get to know each other and want to see how everything goes in the Royal environment. Remember, she haven't been exposed to the royal environment yet. Right now she's very busy with her job and causes. Now, perhaps the couple will move in together and take things from there.

It's all a wait and see. We just have to be careful of these stories.
__________________
"WE CANNOT PRAY IN LOVE AND LIVE IN HATE AND STILL THINK WE ARE WORSHIPING GOD."

A.W. TOZER
  #6430  
Old 06-21-2017, 02:26 PM
Pranter's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 4,907
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen E View Post
Some media sources are more credible than others & it is up to individuals to analyze stories for trustworthiness. We all have to get our news from somewhere otherwise what would be the point in reading anything!
There is no point in reading anything except for whatever entertainment value a person gets from it.

None of them left are credible anymore. Real journalism is basically dead.


LaRae
  #6431  
Old 06-21-2017, 02:31 PM
Gentry
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by iisuzieii View Post
.. if i were him i would tell my friends to not talk about his relationship, etc
Perhaps this was a clever way to try to diffuse the engagement talks by getting a friend to speak on his behalf. Public figures do this sometimes when they can't comment themselves. I'm sure H&M must be sick & tired of all the wedding speculation.

Also in fairness to the article only a short paragraph was devoted to his relationship. The rest of it dealt with a wide range of issues.
  #6432  
Old 06-21-2017, 02:40 PM
Lady Nimue's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Pacific Palisades, United States
Posts: 2,713
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen E View Post
It's been quiet here for a few days, hope everyone is ok!

Newsweek have been following Harry for a year and they have released an article where Harry & sources close to him were interviewed. I found the below quote concerning his relationship with Meghan quite interesting:

“One person close to the prince says Harry is not rushing to “get things done”—royal-speak for proposing. “They obviously get on very well and have a lot in common, but they have not known each other that long. They need to find out if they can have an ordinary relationship within a very unusual setting. I don’t think anything will happen until the end of the year.”

This was an authorized interview & Newsweek is a credible outlet so I’m willing to believe this quote.

It looks like too many have been jumping the gun when it comes to an early engagement!

I think Harry just like William, is deeply affected by the nasty break up & divorce of his parents, and doesn’t want to rush into marriage until he is absolutely sure. While I doubt he will wait as long as William did, but waiting till at least the end of the year seems sensible.

Exclusive: Prince Harry on Chaos After Diana's Death and Why the World Needs 'the Magic' of the Royal Family
The unnamed source could even be Harry himself. He is asking for calm, I think. I thought he was subdued at the Trooping (but that could be for lots of reasons). However, this has never been a sure thing. Meghan has been willing to entertain the friendship publicly (after a hard-court-press from Harry) but they are far, far from being at a place where they would know it's a forever kind of connection. Too many obstacles (imo) created by the 'royal' stuff, which is why I continue to think that all those societal expectations need to be seriously re-thought and likely dispensed with, else Harry has no chance of finding anyone. JMO.
__________________
Russian National Anthem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGoNaLjQrV8
O Magnum Mysterium: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWU7dyey6yo
  #6433  
Old 06-21-2017, 02:46 PM
Pranter's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 4,907
What specifically do you mean by societal expectations? Are you talking about the public life required or the vetting process or?

If they are still a couple by the end of the year that will be a pretty good indicator where it's headed.


LaRae
  #6434  
Old 06-21-2017, 02:46 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 2,004
Royal friends and officials are rarely willing to be quoted on anything "serious". but I just wish this story would go away.. I don't think he is going to marry her but I wishs that there was a resolution...
  #6435  
Old 06-21-2017, 02:50 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Woodbridge, United States
Posts: 286
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
Royal friends and officials are rarely willing to be quoted on anything "serious". but I just wish this story would go away.. I don't think he is going to marry her but I wishs that there was a resolution...
Royal friends and sources have always been used to communicate with the public.
  #6436  
Old 06-21-2017, 02:53 PM
Gentry
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post
Meghan has been willing to entertain the friendship publicly (after a hard-court-press from Harry)
How so? Meghan was already a public figure before she met Harry. Once the relationship became public she has cut down severely on her social media presence, closed down her blog, is rarely seen in public & hasn't once spoken publicly about it.

She has taken a lot of hits from the media, estranged family members & trolls, but she has handled it all with class & grace.
  #6437  
Old 06-21-2017, 02:53 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 234
I think he needs to figure it out soon..bc i imagine usa network want to continue the show and have her on...and if shes not engaged she really doesnt have a good reason to say no to another season...so there are alot of factors at play in this relationship
  #6438  
Old 06-21-2017, 03:08 PM
Gentry
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by iisuzieii View Post
I think he needs to figure it out soon..bc i imagine usa network want to continue the show and have her on...and if shes not engaged she really doesnt have a good reason to say no to another season...so there are alot of factors at play in this relationship
I agree that by the end of this year it will either be make or break.

Also the decision is not all Harry's. Meghan also has a say in this! She might decide the royal life is not for her afterall or that her & Harry aren't really suited. They both need time to figure things out especially for Meghan because it is her that will be giving up the most.
  #6439  
Old 06-21-2017, 03:34 PM
Ish's Avatar
Ish Ish is online now
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 3,323
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
Harry may not want to rush into marriage, but the consensus opinion on this forum seems to be that Meghan is in a hurry to marry and have children and that she may not want to wait forever herself. I wonder why we should believe that.


The general opinion on this forum tends to be that all unmarried women are rushing to become married and that any relationship that does not involve an engagement must be ring-less because the man isn't ready for it/really committed.

Just look at the threads about literally every single European royal woman...
  #6440  
Old 06-21-2017, 03:39 PM
Commoner
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Winston-Salem, United States
Posts: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen E View Post
I agree that by the end of this year it will either be make or break.

Also the decision is not all Harry's. Meghan also has a say in this! She might decide the royal life is not for her afterall or that her & Harry aren't really suited. They both need time to figure things out especially for Meghan because it is her that will be giving up the most.
Exactly, Queen E! Meghan has already sacrificed a lot! I can't imagine what her life must be like! She's constantly taking daily beatings, from horrible tabloids and social media trolls.
__________________

Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Popular Tags
albania aristocracy best outfit best outfit october 2016 birthday catherine child christening crown prince frederik crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion crown princess victoria crown princess victoria hats denmark duke of edinburgh europe fashion poll kate king abdullah ii marriage maxima in australia and new zealand monarchy monarchy versus republic natural disasters nobel 2016 november 2016 october 2016 parliament picture of the week prince charles prince philip princessanne princess marie princess marie eveningwear princess mary princess mary eveningwear princess mary fashion princess mary hats princess sofia queen elizabeth ii queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia cocktail dresses queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia eveningwear queen letizia fashion queen mathilde queen mathilde daytime fashion queen mathilde fashion queen mathilde in jordan queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania queen rania fashion queen rania in australia rohan romanov royal wedding state visit succession sweden swedish royal family the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:43 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017
Jelsoft Enterprises