The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2017, 09:09 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
For those that are interested, here is a link where you can watch Meghan and her cast of Suits table read the pilot episode for the series.

The Cast of Suits Does a Table Read of the Very First Episode at ATX | Blog | USA Network

Old 06-17-2017, 06:41 PM
Majesty

At last... Harry puts a ring on it! (But it's not for THAT finger): Meghan Markle is seen wearing a gold diamond ring on her thumb which her prince gave her as a gift

Old 06-17-2017, 07:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

That is one clickbait article
Old 06-17-2017, 07:24 PM
Majesty

She could of bought it for herself...women do that now days.

LaRae
Old 06-17-2017, 07:25 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress Merel View Post
That is one clickbait article
Ha! Before I read the brackets I thought they were actually engaged for a second

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 06-17-2017, 08:42 PM
Aristocracy

I think thumb rings are dumb.
Old 06-17-2017, 09:46 PM
Majesty

It seems any time a woman is in a relationship, any new accessory is considered a gift from the man. Like the woman has lost her ability to shop. Or that no one else may have given her a piece.

Surprised they didn't hint it was a promise ring. To hold her over till filming over
Old 06-17-2017, 09:59 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
It seems any time a woman is in a relationship, any new accessory is considered a gift from the man. Like the woman has lost her ability to shop. Or that no one else may have given her a piece.
So funny, Countessmeout. True enough.

Yet, given how savvy Meghan is (and that she does have advisors and is being super-duper careful how she picks her way through the PR minefield now that she is Prince Harry's main squeeze) I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Surprised they didn't hint it was a promise ring. To hold her over till filming over.
Now that would be an interesting insight into Meghan's metal. A bit of bling will keep her interested. That's my girl!
Old 06-17-2017, 11:52 PM
Commoner

Meghan has always worn thumb rings. She owns several, so this story is clearly clickbait. The DM, along with other media outlets, are just starving for information regarding this relationship, and now they are just printing outright lies.
Old 06-18-2017, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Yes, I noticed that she have a very special relationship with her fans. She may not be widely known, but she has her own following before Harry.

The couple do appear to be very happy. I hope we get a chance to see them emerge as a couple in a more public way at some point. From the very few pictures we have seen so far, they make a beautiful pair.
I'm here to root for Harry & Meghan as well! I would really like to see Diana's boys succeed in love. Harry is my favorite prince just b/c of the way he's able to relate to others. He truly embodies his mom's spirit. DM & most of its readers are just disgusting.
Old 06-18-2017, 12:48 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnsha View Post
Meghan has always worn thumb rings. She owns several, so this story is clearly clickbait. The DM, along with other media outlets, are just starving for information regarding this relationship, and now they are just printing outright lies.
Okay, so there you go. Mystery solved (though Harry still could have bought it for her, though I doubt it, doubt she would accept such a gift at this stage).
Old 06-18-2017, 12:55 AM
Majesty

Might have been a bit more interesting if it was a nose ring.

Tabloids will grasp at anything to make a story and the public eats it all up as gospel truth.
Old 06-18-2017, 01:07 AM
Heir Apparent

Funny! Imagine if she did do that! She never would, of course.
Old 06-18-2017, 04:40 AM
Courtier

Quiet day on the H&M ( !) front.
Old 06-21-2017, 01:20 PM
Gentry

It's been quiet here for a few days, hope everyone is ok!

Newsweek have been following Harry for a year and they have released an article where Harry & sources close to him were interviewed. I found the below quote concerning his relationship with Meghan quite interesting:

“One person close to the prince says Harry is not rushing to “get things done”—royal-speak for proposing. “They obviously get on very well and have a lot in common, but they have not known each other that long. They need to find out if they can have an ordinary relationship within a very unusual setting. I don’t think anything will happen until the end of the year.”

This was an authorized interview & Newsweek is a credible outlet so I’m willing to believe this quote.

It looks like too many have been jumping the gun when it comes to an early engagement!

I think Harry just like William, is deeply affected by the nasty break up & divorce of his parents, and doesn’t want to rush into marriage until he is absolutely sure. While I doubt he will wait as long as William did, but waiting till at least the end of the year seems sensible.

Exclusive: Prince Harry on Chaos After Diana's Death and Why the World Needs 'the Magic' of the Royal Family
Old 06-21-2017, 01:33 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen E View Post
This was an authorized interview & Newsweek is a credible outlet so I’m willing to believe this quote.
For me, its never credible if they're unable to name their sources. "One person close to the Prince" could be anyone.
Old 06-21-2017, 01:52 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen E View Post
It's been quiet here for a few days, hope everyone is ok!

Newsweek have been following Harry for a year and they have released an article where Harry & sources close to him were interviewed. I found the below quote concerning his relationship with Meghan quite interesting:

“One person close to the prince says Harry is not rushing to “get things done”—royal-speak for proposing. “They obviously get on very well and have a lot in common, but they have not known each other that long. They need to find out if they can have an ordinary relationship within a very unusual setting. I don’t think anything will happen until the end of the year.”

It looks like too many have been jumping the gun when it comes to an early engagement!

I think Harry just like William, is deeply affected by the nasty break up & divorce of his parents, and doesn’t want to rush into marriage until he is absolutely sure. While I doubt he will wait as long as William did, but waiting till at least the end of the year seems sensible.

Exclusive: Prince Harry on Chaos After Diana's Death and Why the World Needs 'the Magic' of the Royal Family
Been down this road before! Unnamed sources is not reliable.

A.W. TOZER
Old 06-21-2017, 01:56 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
For me, its never credible if they're unable to name their sources. "One person close to the Prince" could be anyone.
Unnamed source doesn't mean a story isn't credible. When Camilla Tominey broke the story about Harry & Meghan it came from an anonymous source but it turned out to be true.

There are reasons why some sources prefer to remain anonymous. The article also talks about this:

"Royal officials prefer to remain anonymous in order to speak more freely about the family."

Of course we do not have to believe everything we read, but like I said this was an authorized interview where Harry himself talks at length. Any sources contacted would likely have been approved by Harry.
Old 06-21-2017, 02:02 PM
Majesty

Assuming they contacted sources approved by Harry. You never know with these people.

LaRae
Old 06-21-2017, 02:12 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Assuming they contacted sources approved by Harry. You never know with these people.

LaRae
Newsweek is a highly credible outlet & they've had access to Harry for a year. This isn't some fluff piece & covers many topics.

Everyone is free to read the article in its entirety & make up their own minds!