The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2016, 12:34 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
being overtly "political" is a negative for a prospective royal bride given the principle of political neutrality of the monarchy.
Indeed the LAST thing they need is a 'lippy, free Spirit'...

Old 11-01-2016, 12:41 PM
Heir Apparent

I didn't find anything the political. She said nothing that many young royals including the yorks, Harry and the Cambridges havent said. Her speaking about her influence growing up in fact sounds like Harry or will when they talk about their mum. The work she does with world vision and the UN woman are certainly things one could continue as a royal. It would certainly be great to see a member of the BRF as an UN ambassador as some continental royals are. Bea has been doing some work, the award she presented in New York recently. Perhaps a root for her if not officially not a full working Royal. But I think Meghan could likely carve out a nice niche.

That said, I think her and Harry would have troubles staying home. They both have such a draw to Africa and less fortunate areas. And if Charles does slim down the family, Harry and his wife will be needed in the uk mainly.

Old 11-01-2016, 01:03 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

I don't get how she's not Princess material. From all that I've read about Meaghan, she seems lovely...smart, hard-working and dedicated to her charity work. That sounds like princess material to me.

Now whether they're actually dating is something that only time will tell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
Is there an age limit to date and/or marry Harry that I missed that makes Meghan ineligible?

If any of this is true, she is only 3 years older than him. Yes she is divorced but guess what...so is his father, stepmother, aunt and uncle. Is it 1978 and divorcees need not apply for the position of royal girlfriend?

Yes, she is an actress. Yes, she is no Cate Blanchett or Helen Mirren but she isn't Koo Stark either.

She is not sitting around eating bon bons by the fire, when not working [and blogging] she is apparently trying to make a difference via her work with the UN.

So how exactly is she not Princess Material?

I am thinking its true though...Kensington Palace did their usual...we don't comment on personal lives but she has said nothing like deny they are dating or say they are just friends with mutual interests and that might be telling.

But I guess we shall see.
Totally agree with all of this.
Old 11-01-2016, 01:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
I didn't find anything the political. She said nothing that many young riyals including the yorks, Harry and the Cambridges have said. Her speaking about her influence growing up in fact sounds like Harry or will when they talk about their mum. The work she does with world vision and the UN woman are certainly things one could continue as a royal. It would certainly be great to se a member of the BRF as an UN ambassador as some continental royals are. Bea has been doing some work, the award she presented in New York recently. Perhaps a root for her of not officially not a full working Royal. But I think Meghan could likely carve out a nice niche.

That said, I think her and Harry would have troubles staying home. They both have such a draw to Africa and less fortunate areas. And if Charles dies doom down the family, Harry and his wife will be needed in th uk mainly.
I was not referring to that blog entry specifically, but rather to her broader profile as a self-styled "activist".
Old 11-01-2016, 01:24 PM
Heir Apparent

And what are royals but activists for a cause? Besides their ceremonial roles. Hey ad all patrons of causes, trying yo advance them. She is a bit more hands on. It isn't like she is involved in political matches and rallies. Her work is certainly comparable to any humanitarian work done by royals. Nothing self proclaimed either, when she works for both the UN and world vision, she has earned the title. Activist is simply anothervwrr for humanitarian, more hands on than patron.
Old 11-01-2016, 03:20 PM
Nobility

She apparently posted pictures of 'remain' posters when in the London during the referendum for UK independence from the EU in June. That's fairly blatantly political and might be sen as problem.

I worry at the number of posts saying Harry wouldn't be interested as she's 35 and therefore too old to to give him the kids he's desperate for. Terribly worrying for us single girls on the wrong side of 30!
Old 11-01-2016, 03:47 PM
Majesty

The only time I ever thought 35 years was truly old was when I was in grammar school.

And yes it's wild that some people think 35 is late in the day to have a child in this age of medical advances, even a first child.

Tell that to Sophie Wessex!

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 11-01-2016, 04:03 PM
Courtier

.. well, 35 IS late for starting a royal romance, courtship, wedding and then trying for a baby, pregnancy - she would be at least 38 when having her first child....
Old 11-01-2016, 04:22 PM
Serene Highness

Are we not 'getting ahead of ourselves' ? Not only is there NO CONFIRMATION these two individuals are 'an item', let alone 'serious'.
The Prince has said he wants children, but do we know the Lady does?
Old 11-01-2016, 04:24 PM
Courtier

Unless the wedding is next month, in which case she has plenty of time...
Old 11-01-2016, 04:27 PM
Imperial Majesty

Guys,

There's no reason to even think of a wedding for Harry right now. This guy won't be marrying anyone for some time.

Even if he's actually dating right now. He won't be introducing a young lady to his father unless he's sure his relationship is stable and going somewhere.

There's some years to go folks.

A.W. TOZER
Old 11-01-2016, 04:32 PM
Courtier

I'm being silly, of course.
Old 11-01-2016, 04:56 PM
Serene Highness

I hope it's true

To be a legend, you've either got to be dead or excessively old!
Christopher Lee
Old 11-01-2016, 05:10 PM
Nobility

Quote:
And yes it's wild that some people think 35 is late in the day to have a child in this age of medical advances, even a first child.

Or Princess Alice, Duchess of Gloucester.

Re Harry and Meghan; i'm not inclined to believe anything until there is a photo of them together at least.
Old 11-01-2016, 08:34 PM
Aristocracy

https://mobile.twitter.com/SamanthaM...48459823534080

it looks like her sis denies this story
Old 11-01-2016, 08:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Everyone with half a brain stays away from the Star, Enquirer and others of that ilk, though!

I'm inclined now to think there is something in it, I don't mean an engagement or anything near to it, but simply because Harry and KP would not have allowed this amount of publicity and speculation about Meghan and H if the pair didn't know each other and nothing has been going on. Even the broadsheets in England have got into it.

It's been a frenzy, and now People magazine has started. The women's weekly and monthly magazines in the English-speaking world may well follow with articles. People magazine has contacts with the KP Press office.

However, if this romance thing has no legs at all and it's all just simply a made up thing by Camilla Tominey, it's odd that Harry at least hasn't shut it down. He, after all, made sure the Press knew that he and Pippa weren't dating, and was behind the statement issued by KP at the end of the Cress romance.

He and Meghan are either having a huge joke on the tabs for some reason, in which case they're definitely friends, or something odd is going on that we don't know about.

I'm much less sceptical about these two not knowing each other and it all being a load of twaddle than I was 24 hours ago. However, I'm not booking a plane ticket to see Harry married yet, either!
Old 11-01-2016, 08:45 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post

The only time I ever thought 35 years was truly old was when I was in grammar school.

I don't think anyone is saying 35 is to old it's the 2 year dating 12 months engagement then the 12-18 months settling in to royal life. And IVF doesn't work for everyone check the stats. But I don't think we need worry about it all can't see it developing into anything two busy people living in different places living very different lives

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 11-01-2016, 09:03 PM
Aristocracy

so kp needs to deny this when they never denied the emma Watson rumor that was spread around, just like this one. they said the same thing that they never speak on his private life. same goes for the juliette rumors, the jenna coleman story and ellie one. anyone who knows him, wouldn't drop hints to the daily star all the way to people. didn't people post an article on the Watson rumor that started from us weekly. I'll have to see a photo at this point.
Old 11-01-2016, 09:13 PM
Heir Apparent

Yes, but the Emma Watson rumour and the others were cut off at the pass so to speak, they didn't reach this level of furore, with the Times and Telegraph butting in with articles. If it was just the Daily Fail saying this, no-one would care!
Perhaps the people at KP were surprised at this story, which has spread like wildfire over the last couple of days.

I do not think this is a serious romance. However, I do think the pair know each other (probably met in London in August) and I think it probably has been what Dickie Arbiter said it was, a fling!
Old 11-01-2016, 09:13 PM
Heir Apparent

Prince Harry: Relationship Suggestions and Musings 2016

When has KP denied or confirmed something about the Princes private life? Only time I can think of is Jecca Craig after William's 21 birthday.

In three days, the Daily Mirror has 11 stories already including a Diana comparison, her meeting Will and Kate and sister bashing her (but she denied it on Twitter)

Emma Watson denied the rumors because she didn't need hassle of it plus she is known worldwide thanks to Harry Potter. I don't think Suits has brought worldwide fame to anyone.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Closed Thread