Prince Harry: Relationship Suggestions and Musings 2016-2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous:

Exactly.

I work for a huge Fortune 500 company and this morning at the water cooler absolutely no one was talking about this Royal relationship and I don't want to speculate if anyone would even care if they did know.

Last edited:
In the US, the KP statement won't be come this evening. Most average Americans don't care. I am Royal watcher and if I wasn't stuck at home waiting for the painters to come I would be busy at work right now.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Yeah, I should've pointed out that this statement isn't in out mainstream media. The election is the most important thing, but this KP Statement is trending online all over the place.

I just hope the safety and privacy of this young lady will be respected and this couple will be allowed some personal space to continue on into the future. I wish the couple lots of luck.

Folks, Harry is no longer single. The media and people online no longer have to play matchmaker.

The media and people online won't be playing matchmaker but wedding planner now ?

Kensington Palace confirming rumors that have been circulating for several days about the 5th in line's dating life should not knock the US presidential election off the front page or even compete with it, but it is a huge story in the human interest and celebrity media segments which are the segments that typically run stories about the royals.

There are well over 250 people viewing his thread, and over the past week there would often be well over 50 people viewing this thread. There is a lot of interest in Harry and Meghan, and even if it diminishes somewhat, I suspect that, for the foreseeable future, the interest will remain quite high.

ETA:
I know that this is akin to an "according to sources" claim, but the following is from the Sky News article:

While some may suggest Prince Harry should expect, and be used to this level of interest in his private life, I understand he has expressed concern that he has never seen this level of attention focused on any of his previous relationships.

Last edited:
I am sure the media pack will soon be panting for an engagement announcement, the ring, the interview, then the wedding, but it might be wise not to get ahead of themselves.

Interesting article from Sky News

Why Prince Harry acted over attacks on girlfriend Meghan Markle

She brings up the point about Harry being concerned about level of attention focused on this relationship compared to previous ones. With Chelsy, you still had William and Kate dating/engaged to take the attention away. Cressida had royal baby fever to take the attention away. Now William and Kate are boring with their 2 kids and happy marriage.

Then comes an American actress with open social media accounts, a screen history, a ex husband, a family that talked to the media. It's a press jackpot for the media. It's a big juicy steak in front a hungry pack of wolves. Would there be this much interest in 2 weeks of coverage if Harry was dating a Sophie Wessex type who was middle class, no online profile and family didn't respond to media?

Yes, now that Harry is receiving full-on attention for his relationship he must have a lot more respect/sympathy for what William and Catherine went through during their courtship. They definitely provided Harry some buffer in the past. It's similar to what happened with Beatrice and Eugenie. The press was so busy analyzing and commenting on Beatrice and Dave's relationship, that Eugenie and Jack were largely left under the radar. Once Beatrice became single, suddenly the spotlight completely switched to Eugenie and Jack. Eugenie and Jack have received more media interest in the last 3 months than in all of their previous 6 1/2 years combined.

I also agree with your second point about an American actress vs. a Sophie Wessex type. I still remember when the American media went insane in 2002 because of Gwyneth Paltrow and Prince Felipe. And that's with the Spanish Royal Family being a lot less famous than the BRF in the USA.

Meghan is an actress and has open social media accounts and regularly updates her followers on her fantastical jet-setting life.

Now the press will argue (and I'm seeing it already) that Meghan was already a public figure and was fair game from the start. It's not like she was working behind the counter at Waitrose.

I do think the British press will calm down a bit but not the American.

Now that they're officially a couple, Harry should just get it over with and be photographed with her. It may help dampen down demand for pics.

I think Chelsy Davy received an enormous amount of harassment during the time that she and Harry were going out together. There was an awful lot of attention directed at her by paps and British tabloid press.

When she was still a teenager there was an incident in which she was chased in her car in South Africa and then run to earth by a journalist from a London tabloid who, it seems, when she denied she was Harry's girlfriend, waved a photo under her nose of the two of them together. She then naively perhaps, admitted it. So Harry has a long history of his girlfriends being harassed from his teen years and knows all about it.

The difference is that the interest in Chelsy and in Kate built up over a number of years. There wasn't a fire-storm over a period of a week, which IMO, forced Harry and the KP press office to act as they have.

The difference with Meghan is she is already known and will draw future interest from not just the British media but from the Canadian media, and to a certain extent, US media as well.

I'm wondering if the KP statement is, as some have suggested, a prelude to an engagement announcement?
Press reports say that Meghan will visit Harry over the holidays, and while she is in the UK perhaps there will be a meeting with the Queen and the rest of the RF?

Last edited:
I agree. That is why we have to be serious and making sure we aren't giving the media fuel to go on and on with their ridiculous and racial articles on this young lady and her family. Let's just be respectful.

Agreed this sounds serious. Well, this is exciting. This is going to be a change in the BRF. I'm so curious to see the cultural shift.

I am sure the media pack will soon be panting for an engagement announcement, the ring, the interview, then the wedding, but it might be wise not to get ahead of themselves.
Of course they will, and you got to throw in babies as well. They are going to run Harry and Meghan stories as long as they get the clicks, what really needs to happen is for Harry and Meghan to not feel pressure to get engaged or make other major life decisions because of media pressure. The media wants loved up pictures, engagement interviews and wedding processionals RIGHT NOW but my observation has been that the best royal relationships are the ones where the couple dates for years before determining whether or not they should get married. On my end I am willing to accelerate it a bit because they are in their 30s but my sage advise is that 2019 should be the earliest date for an engagement announcement.

Last edited:
Well... if the supposedly serious relationship in question ends in divorce later, it will not be surprising, and the British royal house is experienced in nasty divorces.

European royals continue tainting their bloodlines.

Last edited:
I think the Ancient Egyptian dynasties felt that tainting the bloodlines was a bad idea. In consequence there were apparently many brother/sister unions and the like. :)

I'm wondering if the KP statement is, as some have suggested, a prelude to an engagement announcement?
Press reports say that Meghan will visit Harry over the holidays, and while she is in the UK perhaps there will be a meeting with the Queen and the rest of the RF?

I will fall over in shock if an engagement announcement is in the near future. The BRF are known for their long courtships since the late '80s. Whirlwind romances have been a disaster; Charles-Diana, Andrew-Sarah, and Anne-Mark all married after only about a year together. Hot mess.

Especially when you take into account extending factors, that his relationship with Meghan has been long distance with barely any in-person interaction. Also the fact that she's divorced. Stats and psychologists all say divorcees are much, much, more likely to get divorced a second time, than never-marrieds are likely to get divorced a first time. She would need a while to make sure she can really commit to Harry for the rest of her life, she can't get an easy divorce like her first one.

I also don't think Harry will be introducing Meghan to his family all that soon, with the exception of the Yorks and maybe Zara.

Catherine didn't meet The Queen until she had been William's girlfriend for 5 1/2 years, Chelsy 4 1/2 years. And in his 2 years with Cressida there is no evidence she ever met The Queen, heck there's no evidence she ever met Catherine. There's a chance she might have met William at the Percy-vS wedding, but he was only photographed with Chelsy there, so who knows.

Also, all these political posts in this thread remind me of when PM Tony Blair commented on then girlfriend Catherine Middleton and all the press harassment she was receiving. Thankfully, Chelsy and Cressida never had the indignity of a leader of a country chatting about their love-life with the press. Though, if it's true Meghan is friends with PM Justin Trudeau maybe he will make a comment about her romance, that would make everything go full-circle. :lol:

Last edited:
I will fall over in shock if an engagement announcement is in the near future

I could not agree MORE with all you have written above... Over speedy commitment would pretty much ensure disaster at a later date, and no-one [except perhaps the press] whats that for either of these young people.

For the Lady it would mean [within a matter of a few months] PERMANENT relocation across the Atlantic and separation from her family/friends. NO further participation in Social Media, and the definitive end to the Career she has built, before even considering her 'new life' as a Royal Duchess in the most scrutinised Family 'firm' on the Planet...

Last edited:
I read on a different forum where a user who is friends with someone that went to high school with Meghan and the press has been contacting her to get dirt on Meghan...

I mean, that is just astonishing. There is a witch hunt going on right now.

Last edited:
Yes, I agree. It's been extraordinary, a maelstrom of speculation and innuendo and dirt-digging over one week.

Re: "Meghanry" (Meghan + Henry), I thought from the first it was true. The KP statement is odd, but I believe Harry strongly urged it, and wrote parts of it hmself. He and William get fierce re: paparazzi matters (as well they should).

I predict engagement by year's end (perhaps not announced until early 2017), followed by a royal wedding in May. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Harry and Meghan may or may not be The Real Thing. They might be enjoying a passionate romance that eventually ends, or they may be enjoying a passionate romance that leads to marriage.

This guy lost his mother when he was twelve years old. He was a child. The sight of his downcast face as his father held his hand while greeting mourners at the Palace gates stays with me still...as does the image of the MUMMY card he placed on the coffin.

I have suspected for years the wound inflicted on both of the Wales boys by that trauma ran deeper than any of us can ever know. It's why even though I was not overjoyed with William's choice of spouse I was able to understand that he needed so much more than just a wife. He needed the healing that the security of a happy family life could provide and I am satisfied that he seems to have found it. My feelings about Kate Middleton and her family don't matter.

I want the same for Harry. I want him to find the woman that can give him a shot at joy and stability, something that he and his brother were deprived of in childhood.

So, if this is it let it happen for him...why not?

Last edited:
I hear you Skippyboo! I do live in a swing state, and I am so anxious for this whole election to be over. Today also happens to be my birthday, and I hope to finally be celebrating the first woman U.S. President.

Re: "Meghanry" (Meghan + Henry), I thought from the first it was true. The KP statement is odd, but I believe Harry strongly urged it, and wrote parts of it hmself. He and William get fierce re: paparazzi matters (as well they should).

I predict engagement by year's end (perhaps not announced until early 2017), followed by a royal wedding in May. :)
I've seen them shortened to "Marry" :p

Meghan sounds lovely compared to the other two he used to date. I really thought we were over the English prince dating and American and who knows they might not even marry

I will fall over in shock if an engagement announcement is in the near future. The BRF are known for their long courtships since the late '80s. Whirlwind romances have been a disaster; Charles-Diana, Andrew-Sarah, and Anne-Mark all married after only about a year together.

Somehow I don't think Harry is the cautious type, though.

I don't see him waiting as long as his brother did.

Somehow I don't think Harry is the cautious type, though.

I don't see him waiting as long as his brother did.

And I don't see him marrying someone he's known less than a year.

They did this with cressie.

But what I do know is that Chelsey will always be his camilia :whistling:

Already newspapers are trying to spin.

Like any man Harry is worried about his girlfriend Meghan Markle's safety and is deeply disappointed that he has not been able to protect her. All very commendable.

But unless he is prepared to pay for a protection officer in his absence - there is not a lot he can do about the legitimate press interest in Miss Markle.

She is a well known actress, used to milking publicity for her own gains, who writes copiously on social media about her lifestyle and background.
Read more: Prince Harry's statement on Meghan Markle abuse 'will turn Caribbean tour into a circus' | London Evening Standard

Meghan sounds lovely compared to the other two he used to date. I really thought we were over the English prince dating and American and who knows they might not even marry

Well, I guess we Americans are still considered uncouth barbarians as far as our cousins across the pond are concerned!:lol: Harry needs to summons the shade of his great uncle the Duke of Windsor for pointers on how to cope when the girl you love is American.;)

In all seriousness, I see her previous(very brief) marriage as being more of an impediment than the fact that she is an American. (Her ethnicity is a complete non issue as far as I am concerned... period.)

The fact that she is also a baptized Roman Catholic might not pose a problem if she agrees to raise any children in the CoE.

IF it even gets that far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom