The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2017, 06:38 AM
Heir Apparent

IF there's an engagement, how will it be announced?
Does the palace issue a statement? Does the RF call a press conference, or is that up to the couple?

I know there was a press conference for William and Kate, but William's the heir so it might be different.

Old 06-06-2017, 10:00 AM
Heir Apparent

Hmmm I don't know that they will hold the press conference type thing as they did with William. My bet is just an official/formal announcement.

LaRae

Old 06-06-2017, 10:36 AM
Commoner

I looked back at Edward and Sophie's announcement, and they had a formal announcement and a photograph opportunity. I'm thinking Harry would get something similar. Not as much as Kate and Will.
Old 06-06-2017, 10:41 AM
Heir Apparent

Andrew and Sarah had a short TV interview. It wasn't really a press conference but it went out on the BBC.
Old 06-06-2017, 10:50 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by USRoyalWatcher View Post
I looked back at Edward and Sophie's announcement, and they had a formal announcement and a photograph opportunity. I'm thinking Harry would get something similar. Not as much as Kate and Will.
Andrew and Sarah had an announcement interview, not unlike Charles and Diana. The question is whether Harry, as second son, gets Andrew style treatment or, as part of the post-Diana effort to tighten up/ratchet down, he's now deemed far enough from the throne to not need to grant an engagement interview.

Actually, if this romance does follow through to marriage, their engagement and wedding may end clarifying an awful lot about just where the lines are to be drawn in a more focused royal family. Sometimes we talk about it on these forums as though we know what's in store, but we really only have a pretty good idea about the future roles for those at the absolute center (Charles, Will) and at the absolute fringes (the York sisters, Edward's kids); Harry's neither.
Old 06-06-2017, 12:28 PM
Heir Apparent

I would imagine it also depends on what Harry (and his fiancee) want to do...do they want to have a presser or just avoid the media stuff and have an announcement made?

I'm guessing their PR folks will push for them to at least hold a photo call.

LaRae
Old 06-06-2017, 05:25 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Most likely what will happen is that a few hours before the engagement is announced, the media will be alerted that there is an announcement coming and to congregate in a specific area for it. I think the media had only about 3-4 hours notice ahead of William and Kate's.

Regardless of the pecking order, Harry is a pretty popular guy with the media and they've been running rampant with anything they can find on this royal romance so I would find it odd if there isn't a formal announcement of the engagement very similar to Will and Kate's.

The world loves a royal wedding and Harry's will be no exception. It will be a positive and bright time in an atmosphere that exists right now with horrific events.
Old 06-06-2017, 06:31 PM
Heir Apparent

I really have a lot of hopes there ! Such beautiful and likeable people....
Old 06-06-2017, 07:27 PM
Commoner

http://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz...re-introduced/

Cute interview with Mike Tindall about what he will do when he meets Meghan. I find it somewhat interesting that he hasn't met her yet, but maybe he is just not stating that he has met her.

Also, I think you guys brought up some good comparisons about Andrew and Fergie. The situations are quite similar, as both William and Harry were born by that point, just like George and Charlotte. I just thought of Edward and Sophie because it was the last wedding I could think of outside of Will and Kate.
Old 06-06-2017, 07:56 PM
Heir Apparent

I'm not sure when Mike and Zara would of met her....they don't live near Harry and all of them seem to have pretty busy lives.

I'm pretty confident in saying she's met William and Kate....past that I doubt she's been around the rest of family yet.

LaRae
Old 06-06-2017, 08:50 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Most likely what will happen is that a few hours before the engagement is announced, the media will be alerted that there is an announcement coming and to congregate in a specific area for it. I think the media had only about 3-4 hours notice ahead of William and Kate's.

Regardless of the pecking order, Harry is a pretty popular guy with the media and they've been running rampant with anything they can find on this royal romance so I would find it odd if there isn't a formal announcement of the engagement very similar to Will and Kate's.

The world loves a royal wedding and Harry's will be no exception. It will be a positive and bright time in an atmosphere that exists right now with horrific events.
Harry is a senior member of BRF and there will be an official announcement if and when he becomes engaged. He needs HMQs permission to marry.

He isn't going AWOL on this - he knows the rules regardless of what US tabloids write

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 06-06-2017, 10:43 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
I'm not sure when Mike and Zara would of met her....they don't live near Harry and all of them seem to have pretty busy lives.

I'm pretty confident in saying she's met William and Kate....past that I doubt she's been around the rest of family yet.

LaRae
The whole family knows who's he's dating. I'm sure they know her.

A.W. TOZER
Old 06-06-2017, 11:47 PM
Heir Apparent

Knowing who she is and having met her are two different things.

We only know for sure she met the Cambridges as she attended Pippas reception.
Old 06-07-2017, 12:27 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
The whole family knows who's he's dating. I'm sure they know her.
That doesn't mean the family has met her except W&K

LaRae
Old 06-07-2017, 12:36 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by loonytick View Post
Andrew and Sarah had an announcement interview, not unlike Charles and Diana. The question is whether Harry, as second son, gets Andrew style treatment or, as part of the post-Diana effort to tighten up/ratchet down, he's now deemed far enough from the throne to not need to grant an engagement interview.

Actually, if this romance does follow through to marriage, their engagement and wedding may end clarifying an awful lot about just where the lines are to be drawn in a more focused royal family. Sometimes we talk about it on these forums as though we know what's in store, but we really only have a pretty good idea about the future roles for those at the absolute center (Charles, Will) and at the absolute fringes (the York sisters, Edward's kids); Harry's neither.
So, you feel that Harry is alone in the middle, neither at the 'absolute center'/ forefront, nor at the fringes?

It seems to me that with William and Harry being the only children of Charles (at some point, King Charles III), both sons hold a great deal of importance that places them each at the forefront of the future of the royal family. Of course Harry will not have any of the heavy traditional responsibilities and role-playing of a future monarch, but since William and Harry are very close, and Harry is the spare (no other siblings), Harry will surely play a significant royal role in backing up both Charles and William, until Prince George begins to come of age. Should William have more children, as they attain adulthood, Harry's role as royal backup will become less crucial. Meanwhile, Prince Harry currently is playing a significant role in backing up his grandparents, HM QE II and Prince Philip.

In response to the earlier references to how Edward's engagement to Sophie was handled: Seemingly Prince Edward, as the youngest of four children and the third son, has always played less of a major high profile role as a member of the British royal family. Edward also did not have a traditional military career in the way that royal males who are sons of a monarch or of a future monarch are expected to complete. I recall that Edward made an effort to attend military school but he did not like the rough and tumble life so he dropped out of rigorous military training, amidst a storm of bad publicity. Fortunately Edward was ultimately allowed to pursue his own path and personal interests.

Quote:
Hmmm I don't know that they will hold the press conference type thing as they did with William. My bet is just an official/formal announcement.
Quote:
I would imagine it also depends on what Harry (and his fiancee) want to do...do they want to have a presser or just avoid the media stuff and have an announcement made?

I'm guessing their PR folks will push for them to at least hold a photo call.
I would guess that with Prince Harry being so popular and highly visible (and again, the second son of only two children of a future monarch), his engagement announcement will receive notable attention. Harry's eventual wedding will also be one of the last high profile royal weddings for at least three decades or so.

I'm betting at least a formal announcement with a brief photo opportunity and engagement interview followed at some point by a brief television interview. Why would they significantly low profile an engagement announcement with Prince Harry being so gregarious, and Meghan so articulate and used to being in front of cameras? There will be a great deal of interest as well 'on the other side of the pond,' what with Meghan being an American.

IMO, it's one thing to set personal boundaries to protect their private lives and current dating relationship. Once an engagement is announced, they can still maintain reasonable media parameters regarding protecting their privacy, without continuing to keep Meghan's appearances in public so securely under wraps.
Old 06-07-2017, 02:03 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
That doesn't mean the family has met her except W&K

LaRae
I think some of othe family have met her already. Why would Mike mention about getting a role on the show if he don't even know who she is? We have to understand that this couple have been dating for awhile and I'm sure she's met several members of Harry's family. They know that girl.

A.W. TOZER
Old 06-07-2017, 02:10 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I think some of othe family have met her already. Why would Mike mention about getting a role on the show if he don't even know who she is? We have to understand that this couple have been dating for awhile and I'm sure she's met several members of Harry's family. They know that girl.
It's not like Zara and Mike live in London. Or Meghan lives in the UK. She is only there for visits. We have no idea if Zara has had a chance to meet her. That doesn't mean Harry doesn't talk about her. Likely told plenty of stories to his cousins on family holidays.
Old 06-07-2017, 02:39 AM
Nobility

Ah well, we do know that Meghan has spent quite a bit of time in London with Prince Harry, and there are reports that she already met most of Harry's close inner circle of friends during intimate dinners and evenings out, etc. Plus, it has been reported that Harry introduced Meghan to Will & Kate, Prince George & Princess Charlotte, and probably Prince Charles.

Since Harry is fairly close to his cousins, Meghan has possibly been introduced to Zara & Mike Tindall, and to Peter & Autumn Phillips, or else they've heard a great deal about her from Harry. Surely Meghan and Harry haven't spent all of their time together at NottCott by themselves. They must have hosted some afternoon and evening guests (family & friends) on occasion.
Old 06-07-2017, 04:10 AM
Heir Apparent

There is no evidence, pre wedding, Meghan hat met the kids or even William and Kate. The adults likely. But the kids are usually at Amner.

We're not talking family who lives close. Peter and Zara both have their own families, jobs, lives outside London. They likely have heard plenty.

The yorks are more likely to have met her. Why? Not simply because they live in London. But because they are young, Single and move in the same social circles. They have many friends in common with Harry. If Harry was having a group of friends over for dinner, or going out for a drink on the town, they are the more likely to be invited. Not to mention available.

You usually introduce a date to friends first. Wait till family till more serious. Most circles, if you didn't introduce your new partner to your buds, they'd joke she or he was invisible. So yes, no doubt she has rubbed elbows more then the wedding and polo, with his friends. But that doesn't equal also meeting family.
Old 06-07-2017, 07:30 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
IIRC someone already posted an article where Mike was saying he's not met her yet.

LaRae

Closed Thread