The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2017, 06:43 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Several posts discussing Diana - again - have been removed.

Old 06-03-2017, 06:44 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
Will William have a say in Meghan's engagement ring, and what is it likely to look like?
https://www.popsugar.com/fashion/Wha...-Like-43599023
I don't see why William should have anything to say about it, unless Harry wants to use a ring from the vaults or something like that.

And I've read speculation previously that Meghan's favorite gem is the emerald (though I don't know that for a fact).

In any case, surely there are enough rings available so he doesn't have to break up an emerald necklace or bracelet for her. He can always work with Garrard's or another designer to create something just for her.

Old 06-03-2017, 10:11 AM
Heir Apparent

First off whomever Harry marries I am hoping he uses something either from the BRF collection stashed away or one of his mother's stones repurposed (assuming there's not a ring already existing in her collection that would be useable).......or he could avoid it all together and have a brand new ring bought/designed.

I hope he uses something of his mother's...I think it would be very meaningful.

The title of the article is just clickbait...William isn't going to have a 'say' about it in the manner they imply. Typical media.

LaRae
Old 06-03-2017, 10:34 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I agree that William won't have a "say" in the ring, the proposal, which knee to get down and dirty on or how to wear his hair at the time. However, if there's one person that Harry would use as a sounding board for those big "what do I do?" questions, it would be William. I do believe that the brothers are quite close and if memory isn't out to lunch again, William talked over his choice of an engagement ring for Kate with Harry and they both agreed that William would use Diana's engagement ring for the occasion.

No matter what ring, no matter what stone, no matter if its old or new, its not the ring itself that will affect the engagement. The ring is a symbol of the formal agreement between two people to marry and spend their lives together. I'm sure that Harry will have Meghan totally in mind when choosing it too with a bit of conniving with his big brother about it all.

Again, its still a big "if" they get engaged and married.
Old 06-03-2017, 10:42 AM
Heir Apparent

Yep...they are close, both of them have said it in interviews. Can't imagine either of them making that type of decision without talking to the other one.

IIRC, re: Diana's ring, it was said in an interview/article that they had an agreement..whoever got engaged first could use it.

LaRae
Old 06-03-2017, 11:18 AM
Nobility

So, I was looking at some pictures of Meghan's past fashion and noticed that in July last year, the DM ran a story about one of Pippa's Wimbledon outfits. Halfway down the page, there's a picture of Meghan when she attended the same day.

Pippa Middleton wears geometric print dress to Wimbledon 2016 | Daily Mail Online

Possibly the last time Meghan was referred to in the DM as anything other than Harry's GF?
Old 06-03-2017, 11:49 AM
Heir Apparent

Maybe so...we are pretty sure they were dating by this point...just not yet known by the media.

LaRae
Old 06-03-2017, 02:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Maybe so...we are pretty sure they were dating by this point...just not yet known by the media.LaRae
I find the inclusion of her picture as telling. Something must have occurred to tip some editor off that something was brewing. The only explanation for her inclusion in that story IMO. But not enough (then) to actually make a claim.
Old 06-03-2017, 02:40 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by hel View Post
So, I was looking at some pictures of Meghan's past fashion and noticed that in July last year, the DM ran a story about one of Pippa's Wimbledon outfits. Halfway down the page, there's a picture of Meghan when she attended the same day.

Pippa Middleton wears geometric print dress to Wimbledon 2016 | Daily Mail Online

Possibly the last time Meghan was referred to in the DM as anything other than Harry's GF?
Thanks for linking the article - ironic that Cressida is pictured near the top of the article whereas Meghan is near the end of a lot of photos of folks.
If Meghan attends Wimbledon this year & Cressida does as well I predict the placement of photos to be switched w/ Meghan first, Pippa second, Cressida third and the obligatory fictional story of some sort of feud between Meghan and Cressida :)
I'm not sure Meghan will attend Wimbledon this year as her friend Serena isn't playing as she's expecting. Also it's hard to know whether Meghan's filming schedule will allow a trip to England for Wimbledon.
Old 06-03-2017, 02:48 PM
Heir Apparent

^ Pippa and Megan look pretty similar, especially when Pippa is glowing from being tanned. I kept thinking that Meghan looked pretty similar to some other famous person, I could not figure it out and then I see these pictures of Pippa from last year.
Old 06-03-2017, 02:48 PM
Heir Apparent

Meghan was among a number of celebrities in that article. Not that uncommon. At these kinds of events, the DM always posts pics of celebrities in the audience. The fact she was a little known celebrity in the uk, had her down so far. The reason she caught any attention was because of Serena Williams.

She and Harry would have met by then, but no sign they actually were dating yet. And no hints arose they were dating until October. Wimbledon was hind sight, the daily mail went back after rumors appeared in October and said 'oh look she was there'.

If she was featured becayse of suspicions we'd know. How many articles have been printed about 'rumored girlfriend' when seen near a woman. If there was even a hint of speculation, her photo would be up with Cressida, and hardly veiled suggestions made.
Old 06-03-2017, 02:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post
I find the inclusion of her picture as telling. Something must have occurred to tip some editor off that something was brewing. The only explanation for her inclusion in that story IMO. But not enough (then) to actually make a claim.

That's a stretch. If you look through the pictures, a good number of celebrities are shown. They just kind of round up all the famous (by whatever degree) people who happened to have been at Wimbledon that day. The DM typically takes that approach.
Old 06-03-2017, 03:24 PM
Heir Apparent

If they get married, Meghan will need to stop that ridiculous cross legged 'I have to go to the loo' pose that she and other celebrities do when being photographed.
Old 06-03-2017, 03:41 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish View Post
That's a stretch. If you look through the pictures, a good number of celebrities are shown. They just kind of round up all the famous (by whatever degree) people who happened to have been at Wimbledon that day. The DM typically takes that approach.
Dunno about that. We know Harry was aggressively pursuing her during that time. Meghan told Larry King that there were several interested parties, correct? Harry could have been around and it was noted that he was keen towards her. Could have been so. Speculation, of course. JMO.
Old 06-03-2017, 03:49 PM
Nobility

I think DM would've blasted that little tidbit the loudest, if they were tipped off about Meghan being Harry's new love interest. She is Serena Williams' friend, a celeb in her own right, DM published her picture because of that.
Old 06-03-2017, 03:55 PM
Nobility

Will Harry wear his wedding ring if/when he marries Meghan?

I know that Charles and William don't wear theirs and I think that is so disrespectful to their marriages and their wives.

Anyway, I am hoping Harry doesn't follow suit. Thoughts?
Old 06-03-2017, 04:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Observer7 View Post
I know that Charles and William don't wear theirs and I think that is so disrespectful to their marriages and their wives.

Why is it disrespectful to their marriages and wives? Pretty common for people to choose to forgo wearing rings
Old 06-03-2017, 04:01 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Observer7 View Post

Charles wears his on his pinkie under his signet ring. William has never worn any rings.

I know women who don't wear any rings including their wedding ring. Personal preference.
Old 06-03-2017, 04:23 PM
Heir Apparent

Men wearing a wedding ring used to be regarded as 'lower-class' and flashy. It's still quite common for men of a certain social standing to not wear a ring.

For instance, former Prime Minister Cameron doesn't wear one.

Harry's choice.
Old 06-03-2017, 04:25 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post
Dunno know about that. We know Harry was aggressively pursuing her during that time. Meghan told Larry King that there were several interested parties, correct? Harry could have been around and it was noted that he was keen towards her. Could have been so. Speculation, of course. JMO.
She was introduced to Meg by the Yorkies (York princesses) and it's telling that the princesses would think that Meg would be good for Harry.

Closed Thread