The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2016, 12:31 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
Adult Harry has always dated women with brains/abilities. I give him that!
Besides Chelsea, not sure brains are the best description of his dates. Mainly younger model/dancer types.

I have no issue with her being an actress. She is educated,does charity, and a good career. It's her age that throws it out for me. Not simply as he usually dates young, but also unfortunately at thirty five, she doesn't have many child bearing years ahead. Unless a whirlwind romance, married in a year or two, then don't have much room for kids, even if she is overly fertile.

Old 11-01-2016, 12:54 AM
Heir Apparent

No doubt, IF this turns out to be a serious romance, (not convinced; it's all very sketchy at the moment) there will be all sorts of mixed reports from people who have come into contact with Meaghan or say they have, just as there were with Cressida, Chelsy and with Kate. There have been reports on Twitter from people who worked with her in charity projects who said that she was charming and friendly, so I guess everybody has a different perspective.

An amusing piece from The Australian newspaper.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news...4385cf528fc7a2

Old 11-01-2016, 01:22 AM
Courtier

Let's see, she's been in the UK promoting the TV series she is part of (which has been declining in the ratings) has a new clothing line coming out soon - how to create instant buzz? Voila - create a dating Harry rumor and since BP/KP never confirms or denies you have instant free press.
Until we have confirmation that they have physically been in the same venue at the same time I'm not convinced.
I think I'll run out and buy one of those bead bracelets and ask a friend or two to spread the news that I'm dating Harry too
Old 11-01-2016, 02:46 AM
Heir Apparent

It's good to have a giggle! Meaghan's IG with words 'Sleep tight xx' on it and two bananas!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BMQCFwbADob/
Old 11-01-2016, 02:53 AM
Heir Presumptive

Guess we will hear from the ex husband at some stage or friends of his. This story will fill the papers for a while

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 11-01-2016, 08:16 AM
Serene Highness

Geez, why can't the media let the boy be and have a private love life like anyone else ?
I am old enough to remember the treatment his mother got from the media and i fear the same thing happen again. This gives me stomach pain...

I think they need to solve the "working question" anyway in the British Royal Family. In 1916 you could expect that someone who married into the Royal family would take a title and accept being a Duchess or Countess for the rest of your life, give up the whole life you had before, do Royal engagements for the rest of your life and that's it.

You can't expect that in 2016 unless you is or are going to be the wife/husband to the monarch. Harrys wife is not going to be that.
There are modern times now when people are making careers, having private interests etc. Even the Royal family needs to have a plan for that. That's how i see it. If not, there won't be many adult people in the end who would want to marry into the Royal family.
Old 11-01-2016, 08:26 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
It's good to have a giggle! Meaghan's IG with words 'Sleep tight xx' on it and two bananas!

Lmao she is consciously feeding into the rumors with this one.
Old 11-01-2016, 09:13 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
My problem is if she would give up her acting because we know that trying to continue a career just doesn't work. We have seen that fail before. Anyway big IF at the moment.

I see a lot of parallels between acting and performing royal duties. I'm not saying performing royal duties is "false" in any way - just that there is a performance aspect to it. It might suit someone with an acting background.
Old 11-01-2016, 09:31 AM

It does appear that Meghan & Harry are at least friends. They do follow each other on IG & it is interesting that at least two of his closest friends (Arthur Landon and Adam Bidwell) are following Meghan on IG.
Old 11-01-2016, 09:40 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:

This is probably her way of poking fun at the rumors and having a laugh at people trippin over it.
Old 11-01-2016, 09:45 AM
Majesty

Prince Harry 'bombarded Meghan Markle with text messages' | Daily Mail Online
Old 11-01-2016, 10:18 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans-Rickard View Post
Geez, why can't the media let the boy be and have a private love life like anyone else ?
I am old enough to remember the treatment his mother got from the media and i fear the same thing happen again. This gives me stomach pain...

I think they need to solve the "working question" anyway in the British Royal Family. In 1916 you could expect that someone who married into the Royal family would take a title and accept being a Duchess or Countess for the rest of your life, give up the whole life you had before, do Royal engagements for the rest of your life and that's it.

You can't expect that in 2016 unless you is or are going to be the wife/husband to the monarch. Harrys wife is not going to be that.
There are modern times now when people are making careers, having private interests etc. Even the Royal family needs to have a plan for that. That's how i see it. If not, there won't be many adult people in the end who would want to marry into the Royal family.

Going back to another thread, if Charles really wants a slimmed-down Royal Family, Harry's wife will have to be a full-time royal. There is a minimum number of working royals who are needed to keep up with the Firm's engagements, even if Charles decides to cut them down substantially.

Of course, Beatrice at least is more than willing to pitch in and help the family, but Charles and William continue to make the illogical decision to shut her out.
Old 11-01-2016, 10:19 AM
Heir Apparent

Yes, another version of the 'poor desperate Harry' stuff the tabloids, especially the DM regularly come up with. I remember them stating that Harry was anxiously phoning Cressida all the time, when he was in Afghanistan of all places, because he was worried about her ex beau, Harry Wenworth Stanley hanging around. Then there was Chelsy, he was always texting her, as well!
Old 11-01-2016, 10:28 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Personally, to quote Shakespeare, its all "much ado about nothing" at this point. If Harry befriends or knows someone that is female, they've got him in a white hot romance and headed to the altar. Members of the opposite sex are quite capable of forming and enjoying friendships without there being any romantic attachments to them and I seriously think that, at this point, that is all this is.

He may prove me wrong though.
Old 11-01-2016, 12:28 PM
Heir Apparent

Whether Meaghen is Harry's friend, girlfriend, or it's all a load of made-up rubbish, I was impressed after reading this from her blog.

How to Be Both - The Tig
Old 11-01-2016, 12:30 PM
Heir Apparent

And you probably would not have ever her seen her blog if she wasn't linked to Harry 🤔

Old 11-01-2016, 12:41 PM
Heir Apparent

No, that's quite true, but that's the case with a lot of actors, actresses and other people in and out of show business who try to do some good for others in their own country and elsewhere, isn't it?
Old 11-01-2016, 12:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Lots of the showbiz people do good in the community but don't toot their horn about it and don't run a lifestyle website which needs traffic to go it.

Old 11-01-2016, 01:16 PM
Heir Apparent

I don't consider it tooting her horn. I thought it was a nice blog which was why I posted it. Blogs are just a part of life now.

Many charities and causes need publicity and wouldn't get it without it. After all, that's what royals do a lot of the time, isn't it, try to bring publicity to their causes? They talk about it and their visits to Africa etc as well. So do some celebrities. Meghan has tooted her horn at the UN as well.
Old 11-01-2016, 01:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Whether Meaghen is Harry's friend, girlfriend, or it's all a load of made-up rubbish, I was impressed after reading this from her blog.

How to Be Both - The Tig

On the other hand, being overtly "political" is a negative for a prospective royal bride given the principle of political neutrality of the monarchy. I'm not sure that Meghan, being used to US-style activism, would adjust to the type of neutrality that is expected from the royals especially in the UK (in other countries , royals are allowed to be more outspoken on public issues, but not in Britain).