The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-30-2017, 05:47 PM
Heir Apparent

I wonder if she would have to give up acting? It would be really tough for me to give up the job I love because of who I married.

Old 05-30-2017, 06:03 PM
Serene Highness

She would have to since her full time job would be charity work and I am certain that wouldn't do well if she were to do a part where she would be making out with a guy or wearing provocative clothing.

Old 05-30-2017, 06:21 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I think one of the most important parts of Meghan's becoming a Duchess and a princess and a member of the working "Firm" is that she'll need to remember each and every time she steps out the door whether its with Harry, on a solo engagement or just out shopping with friends is that one thing that the Firm does is represent *all* of the British people and it would be very unwise to stand up and speak out on issues that have the tendency to divide the people. Those issues are for the government politicians to hash out.

This wouldn't mean that should she marry Harry that she would have to be the "good little wifey" and not have opinions or think for herself but, as it is also with Harry, avoid issues and causes that have people for or against it. You'll notice that the majority of what the British royal family does is geared to things that will not divide the people and label them as "pro this" or "anti that" but the good they do benefits all the people they're standing up for. I seriously doubt that there are many people out there that anti support for wounded service personnel or anti mental health awareness. These are just examples.

Its more or less falling in line with the aims of the "Firm" and how they wish to handle issues.

It would also be impossible for her to carry on a personal career or any kind too because basically, if and when she marries Harry, she's signing on for a relentless full time job for the rest of her natural life with no retirement, no pension and always and ever in the public fishbowl being gawked at, analyzed, dissected and discussed till the cows come home each time she steps out the door.

I would imagine that one would have to be very much in love with a person to sign on for all this in their lives but then again, sometimes love does conquer all and makes things so much easier working as a team.
Old 05-30-2017, 06:37 PM
Nobility

I think her acting training and experience will help her tremendously. Things like public speaking, moving gracefully, what to do with your hands, even maintaining the proper facial expression during a solemn occasion can be a challenge.

I think Harry is destined for Highgrove, and will wind up leasing it from the Duchy. When William is in that part of the country, he seems to like being at Bucklebury. Harry will also be a few minutes away from the Phillips and Tindall families, which would suit him.

Or ... now this is just terrible of me, but when Charles inherits, he might pack Andrew & Co. off to Verbier for good and install Harry at Royal Lodge.

*cowers, awaiting brickbats*
Old 05-30-2017, 06:49 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leopoldine View Post
I think her acting training and experience will help her tremendously. Things like public speaking, moving gracefully, what to do with your hands, even maintaining the proper facial expression during a solemn occasion can be a challenge.

I think Harry is destined for Highgrove, and will wind up leasing it from the Duchy. When William is in that part of the country, he seems to like being at Bucklebury. Harry will also be a few minutes away from the Phillips and Tindall families, which would suit him.

Or ... now this is just terrible of me, but when Charles inherits, he might pack Andrew & Co. off to Verbier for good and install Harry at Royal Lodge.

If I'm not mistaken, when Andrew moved into Royal Lodge, He spent millions refurbishing the Queen Anne property and was granted a lifetime, rent-free lease in return by the Crown estate, which was nice for him. I don't think Charles as king or not could "evict" him to anywhere with this in place as its not his to decide who lives there.

source: http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...-lies-in-ruins

As for Highgrove, it wouldn't surprise me if eventually when Charles does become King, the property is maintained by the Duchy of Cornwall with it being opened to the public for tours through the various gardens. Just a thought.
Old 05-30-2017, 07:55 PM
Majesty

Quote:

I think the forum should permanently keep a map of the UK on hand for people to check out distances and time. Driving for 1.5 hours isn't close

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 05-30-2017, 07:58 PM
Majesty

Quote:

I think Royal Lodge was given to Prince Andrew by his late grandmother Queen Elizabeth in her will. It belongs to Andrew alone, not to the Crown and not the PoW?

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 05-30-2017, 08:04 PM
Majesty

Royal Lodge is part of the Crown Estate and Andrew has a lifetime rent-free lease as I've said earlier.

Where Harry and his family end up is anybody's guess right now. Suffice to say, his place at Nottingham Cottage at Kensington Palace seems to suit him just fine. For now.

Someone asked how old of a dog is Lupo. If I remember right, William and Kate got Lupo not long after they were married and before George was born so my guess would be that Lupo is around 4 or 5 years old now? Approximately. Maybe a bit older. Maybe this is in the wrong thread? Think I need some coffee. :)

Speaking of dogs, I think if Harry and Meghan do marry, they'll most likely already be a family of four if Meghan brings her two dogs with her over to the UK. Lucky dogs.
Old 05-30-2017, 08:23 PM
Nobility

^^ Yes thanks, Osipi! I asked about Lupo in the other thread where they were discussing the new candid photos of William and his family, and the British GQ interview with William where he said, "I want George [and Charlotte] to grow up in a real, living environment, I don't want [them] growing up behind palace walls ... The media make it harder but I will fight for them to have a normal life." Prince William's comment is relevant to some of what's been discussed here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanyT View Post

Oh boy. The St. Meghan narrative is a bit much for me..
Oh sweet Lord, Meghan is far from saintly, I'm sure. Anyway, what's your favorite Meghan narrative?

Generalizations, accusations, and exaggerations of all kinds are off-base. Forgive me, I didn't mean to imply that everyone here may not be better educated, more attractive, more sophisticated, more stylish, or kinder, or a better cook, or a more accomplished humanitarian than Meghan Markle.

I just feel that Meghan has been fortunate to have two parents who love her and who have encouraged and supported her to be herself. From what I can see, and from what Meghan has revealed about growing up, both of her parents gave her the wings to fly. I think she's lucky in that way. But still, she's the one who built upon the gifts her parents gave her. I doubt that Meghan had a perfect life growing up, but it seems she had a lot of love and parents who did everything they could together to nurture her (despite their divorce). From all I've seen and read, Meghan seems to be a very positive, confident, upbeat person who gives thanks for her blessings. She seems to have drive, passion and purpose. I see nothing wrong with aspiring to live well, to enjoy life, to make good money and to be self-reliant, especially when you also have a social conscious and a genuine desire to give back.

Regardless of Meghan's level of expertise as an actor, she is a competent, successful actor. It is definitely not easy to land a well-paying role in a popular tv series, to show up for work everyday and to know your lines and hit your marks. It took gumption and hard work for Meghan to even get to the point where she landed the role in Suits.
Old 05-30-2017, 08:29 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Royal Lodge is part of the Crown Estate and Andrew has a lifetime rent-free lease as I've said earlier.

Where Harry and his family end up is anybody's guess right now. Suffice to say, his place at Nottingham Cottage at Kensington Palace seems to suit him just fine. For now.

Someone asked how old of a dog is Lupo. If I remember right, William and Kate got Lupo not long after they were married and before George was born so my guess would be that Lupo is around 4 or 5 years old now? Approximately. Maybe a bit older. Maybe this is in the wrong thread? Think I need some coffee. :)

Speaking of dogs, I think if Harry and Meghan do marry, they'll most likely already be a family of four if Meghan brings her two dogs with her over to the UK. Lucky dogs.
Ok thanks Osipi. I thought sure I read that RL was willed to the Duke of York by the Queen Mum, just as she had left Clarence House to Prince Charles as well as some Scottish properties.(the Castle of Mey)

Lupo was given Prince William by his mother-in-law Carole as a gift during his first married married Christmas, which would have been Christmas 2011. Lupo is from the Middleton stud and he is an adorable doggie, now approaching his 6th birthday which means he is into a comfortable middle age in canine years.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 05-30-2017, 08:53 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
Ok thanks Osipi. I thought sure I read that RL was willed to the Duke of York by the Queen Mum, just as she had left Clarence House to Prince Charles as well as some Scottish properties.(the Castle of Mey)

Lupo was given Prince William by his mother-in-law Carole as a gift during his first married married Christmas, which would have been Christmas 2011. Lupo is from the Middleton stud and he is an adorable doggie, now approaching his 6th birthday which means he is into a comfortable middle age in canine years.
Interesting. I've always heard it was James Middleton that gave the gift to the couple as Lupo's mother Ella is James' dog.
Old 05-30-2017, 08:58 PM
Gentry

I think for most people the illusion of the Monarchy was well & truly broken after Charles & Diana, and all the other shenanigans that happened during this period. Britain is also a different country & the days of Rule Britannia are long gone.

I think the media more than anything has contributed to how people now view the royals. There was a period in time when the media could not report on the personal lives of royals or famous figures, but this is no longer the case. Now does this mean this current crop of royals are worse than previous generations? The answer is no. Royal history is filled with dubious characters & shameful secrets. The only difference is the public are now told all their sordid details.

Given all we know about royal history it's laughable that some people would think a man who is currently 5th in line to the throne will bring about its downfall simply because he is dating a tv actress!

Those who suggest Harry should give up his place because he is dating Meghan I find this hard to digest. This is the same guy who wore a nazi uniform, smoked cannabis, made racial slurs & was caught frolicking naked in las Vegas. When Harry was getting up to no good no one suggested he ought to give up his place. But the minute he starts dating a biracial tv actress all of a sudden he has crossed the line & the opinions of him by some has now changed. If Harry dating an actress was the game changer for you & not his other indiscretions, then this says more about your own morals & what you are willing to overlook & tolerate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Marmalade View Post

There MUST be that line that separates us from them, otherwise, what would be the point of the Monarchy?

Harry, in his desire to live a normal life like we ourselves live, is, I think, blurring it too much. That video of him and the Queen last year...was a little too...common...a little too low-class for me. Just MO.

This is an average actress, a woman who has already voiced her views in typical modern Hollywood ways..

Catherine may have been born middle class, or upper middle class, but her breeding and the way she carries herself allowed her like the Countess of Wessex to transfer to the other side and become one of them.

This woman, I am sorry, my gut tells me no. It is too Hollywood, too blurring the lines between "us" and "them".

Harry needs to remember at the end of the day whether he likes it or not he is a Prince of the House of Windsor. He does not, maybe sadly, have the choices and the ability to live like a "normal" person, like we do.

If you keep blurring the lines, then what becomes the point of having them at all?

Maybe if he marries her he should just leave the The Firm, ask Andy Cohen for a reality show then and then he can have that normal life he seems to crave.

I give him tremendous respect for his compassion, for his charities, for his desire to talk about mental health, his HIV tests, he and William are wonderful representations of their mother on Earth .
Old 05-30-2017, 08:59 PM
Heir Apparent

Lupo was a wedding present from James Middleton

https://www.google.com/amp/www.mirro...ve-4615977.amp

Puppy Lupo shows up early in 2012 so he is 5.
Old 05-30-2017, 09:11 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Ok thanks Osipi...
^^ Thanks, Lupo looks like such a sweet and happy dog, as do Meghan's dogs too. Does anyone know what breed of dog is Lupo? From that famous picture of him with Prince George staring at him face-to-face, I had the impression that Lupo was a larger dog than he appears to be from the recent family pictures. ETA: Okay thanks for the above link @Skippyboo. I see that Lupo is a English cocker spaniel.
http://photos.laineygossip.com/artic...31mar14-03.jpg Georgie & Lupo

I was also wondering about why Prince Harry seemed to have such straight and silky locks as a child. As an adult, his hair is gingery, less blond and rather scruffy/frizzy instead of straight. In other words, the texture of his hair appears to have changed. I understand that his hair is thinning, but why is it frizzy rather than straight?

http://cdn.images.express.co.uk/img/...ana-745178.jpg

(And no, I'm not asking about this for anyone to indicate that Meghan's natural hair is frizzy/ curly. I know that she straight perms her hair, and she has never shyed away from saying she has naturally curly hair that she straightens). I was just wondering about the different looking texture of Harry's hair as he's grown.

As far as the course of their relationship, the media stories are still all over the place:
http://hollywoodlife.com/2017/05/30/...dding-in-love/

So, perhaps M&H will continue to take it slow, and the gossip reports about a September engagement were mainly gossip? I suppose we may find out something truthful when we least expect it. I don't think Harry wants Meghan to stop everything she's doing that makes her who she is. If they do marry, it will be interesting to see how they both adjust and adapt to changes in their relationship.

This is a cute prank:
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/...1043082056.jpg
Old 05-30-2017, 09:21 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Neither the Royal Lodge or Clarence House were the Queen Mum's to will to anyone. The Castle of Mey was her own personal property but that was willed to the Castle of Mey Trust with Charles as its president.

We're getting off track of Harry and his relationships here but I can attest to the fact that there's some really good information on the various properties in this subforum: British Royal Residences - The Royal Forums

All in all, it does go to show though that once Harry does marry and start his own family, there will be plenty of places for him to do so in a matter to which his status and position would require him as a senior royal. Just where Harry decides to lay down his roots is anybody's guess right now. We'll just have to wait and see what happens.
Old 05-30-2017, 09:22 PM
Heir Apparent

Lupo is a English Cocker Spaniel.
Old 05-30-2017, 09:30 PM
Courtier

Quote:

The Castle of Mey was put into a trust in 1996 and is a Scottish charity. Prince Charles rents it when he stays there. He inherited Birkhall from his grandmother.
Clarence House is part of the Royal Collection Trust. The Queen Mother didn't own it nor does Charles.
Old 05-30-2017, 09:32 PM
Heir Apparent

Looking back at Harry at 17 and 18, his hair was also straight. It was cropped quite short at one stage.

When he was photographed in Afghanistan on that first foreshortened tour of duty, trying out an abandoned motor bike, all you can see is this shock of ginger hair, completely straight, that obviously hadn't seen a comb or shampoo in a while! Harry's hair IMO looked it's best in his mid twenties. It was still thick and he could do things with it even though he did use product on it as well.

I think it looks frizzy in photos now because of him at 32 frantically putting product on it and combing it every which way. I wish that he'd gone to a hair studio to have treatment when it started to thin at the crown about 2011. Too late now, though!
Old 05-30-2017, 09:36 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiaMia_53 View Post
^^
I was also wondering about why Prince Harry seemed to have such straight and silky locks as a child. As an adult, his hair is gingery, less blond and rather scruffy/frizzy instead of straight. In other words, the texture of his hair appears to have changed. I understand that his hair is thinning, but why is it frizzy rather than straight?

This is off topic from this thread but in short, many people have hair that changes color and/or texture from childhood through the teen years to adult hood. My father had straight blond hair as a child and as an adult it was very, very curly and dark brown.
Old 05-30-2017, 09:49 PM
Courtier

Back on topic-I think Meghan seems to have many fine qualities, experiences and skills that would be useful as a Royal Duchess. I doubt she is perfect and I'm sure it would take a lot of adjusting if she and Harry marry. But she seems to be making Harry happy and if that continues and they become stronger together than separately, it is all good. I think Meghan would find outlets for her charitable endeavors without causing political waves in the United Kingdom or Commonwealth.
And since the British Royals have made it through the past 500 years they would survive the Queen's grandson marrying an American actress.