The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-30-2017, 05:53 AM
Nobility

Meanwhile, other women (so-called Harry hook-ups) are trying to cash in on the royal association:

Prince Harry’s former flame Camilla Thurlow to join Love Island | TV & Radio | Showbiz & TV | Express.co.uk

A reality show with a fling in front and behind the cameras. They want their 15 minutes, but I wouldn't be surprised they are pea green with envy that an American with show biz ties somewhat like theirs is being talked up as a future royal duchess. Stunts like this are the reason these two are out of the running, just sayin'.

Old 05-30-2017, 07:00 AM
Gentry

So Suits creator Aaron Korsh has been responding to questions on his official twitter account which I found very interesting!

He was asked if Meghan would be leaving the show & he said he couldn’t comment on the longevity of any of the actors. He did however say that MM was “killing it” during filming of this current season!

He was also asked if the show would be renewed for an eight season, and he said he believed it would.

It is common for shows not to announce in advance that any character is leaving as they don’t want to give away any spoilers. But if the show is picked up for another season but Meghan decides not to renew her contract then this would be the strongest indication that H&M have an understanding between them.

Suits is pretty much Meghan’s bread & butter, and an actress in her position (soon to be 36, biracial) will struggle to find other parts in Hollywood. If she ditches Suits then I think a wedding is pretty much guaranteed!

It will also be interesting to see where the direction of the show will go if Meghan leaves. Though she is not a lead character she has been on the show since day 1 & her character is romantically linked to one of the lead actors. The show already lost one lead actress last year but to lose another I think would be a death nail for the show.

So watch this space folks…!

https://twitter.com/akorsh9/status/869420697012936704

https://twitter.com/akorsh9/status/869392937624289280

https://twitter.com/akorsh9/status/869384900285046784

Old 05-30-2017, 07:09 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
However as already pointed out why would he need to buy a house? He has access to several from the way it sounds on the property already owned by the BRF...as William did.

LaRae
William is in line to inherit Sandringham, the whole kit and caboodle.

Upon marriage, the Queen bought homes for two of her non-heir children so there is a precedent.

My guess is that it boils down to what Harry wants. If he wants a grand or even not so grand home in the Windsor area there is probably something that is already available to him.

If he just wants a base in the Norfolk area then there is probably something on the Sandringham estate that is suitable, but if he wants a country pile in the Norfolk area that he can make his own then I can see why he would want to get his own property for that reason, in addition to having an asset to pass on to his heirs.
Old 05-30-2017, 08:10 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen E View Post
So Suits creator Aaron Korsh has been responding to questions on his official twitter account which I found very interesting!

He was asked if Meghan would be leaving the show & he said he couldn’t comment on the longevity of any of the actors. He did however say that MM was “killing it” during filming of this current season!

He was also asked if the show would be renewed for an eight season, and he said he believed it would.

It is common for shows not to announce in advance that any character is leaving as they don’t want to give away any spoilers. But if the show is picked up for another season but Meghan decides not to renew her contract then this would be the strongest indication that H&M have an understanding between them.

Suits is pretty much Meghan’s bread & butter, and an actress in her position (soon to be 36, biracial) will struggle to find other parts in Hollywood. If she ditches Suits then I think a wedding is pretty much guaranteed!

It will also be interesting to see where the direction of the show will go if Meghan leaves. Though she is not a lead character she has been on the show since day 1 & her character is romantically linked to one of the lead actors. The show already lost one lead actress last year but to lose another I think would be a death nail for the show.

So watch this space folks…!

https://twitter.com/akorsh9/status/869420697012936704

https://twitter.com/akorsh9/status/869392937624289280

https://twitter.com/akorsh9/status/869384900285046784
They're going to be so tight lipped about that for multiple reasons. Firstly, they don't want to spill future sl, Meghan leaving would be huge for the show. Mike and Rachel are the only couple on the show, and it would mean big changes for Mike as well. Added the fact, that if they announced Meghan leaving, the engagement gossip would triple straight away, like you said. With meghan being in the public eye herself, it's easier to follow their steps just by looking at her professional life changes.
Old 05-30-2017, 08:21 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Claude View Post
William is in line to inherit Sandringham, the whole kit and caboodle.

Upon marriage, the Queen bought homes for two of her non-heir children so there is a precedent.

My guess is that it boils down to what Harry wants. If he wants a grand or even not so grand home in the Windsor area there is probably something that is already available to him.

If he just wants a base in the Norfolk area then there is probably something on the Sandringham estate that is suitable, but if he wants a country pile in the Norfolk area that he can make his own then I can see why he would want to get his own property for that reason, in addition to having an asset to pass on to his heirs.
What about Highgrove?

Once Charles succeeds, he'll have no use for the place; won't Harry inherit that?
Old 05-30-2017, 08:33 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Highgrove isn't owned by Charles, but the Duchy of Cornwall. It is unlikely that Charles would be able to leave it to Harry unless he purchased it from the Duchy first, before he becomes King.
Old 05-30-2017, 08:44 AM
Imperial Majesty

Folks, no one is going to know if Meghan is going to leave or stay on the show. No one from that show will spill anything.

A.W. TOZER
Old 05-30-2017, 08:51 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by JessRulz View Post

Highgrove isn't owned by Charles, but the Duchy of Cornwall. It is unlikely that Charles would be able to leave it to Harry unless he purchased it from the Duchy first, before he becomes King.
Highgrove will also fall into the realm of the things available to William once he becomes Duke of Cornwall when Charles becomes King. Its possible that if William isn't interested in using it himself that he could "lease" it to Harry and his family if that's what Harry seemed to be interested in doing.

One thing I do think though is that the two brothers will have places in close proximity to each other so that their families can grow together.
Old 05-30-2017, 09:14 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
In private she could be called whatever. Rachel, Meghan, Meggy. Whatever.

In public, no she will never be Rachel again once she marries. Her legal name will be Princess Henry. If she is called Meghan, Duchess of X, it will be becayse they are divorced. What the press calls them is another matter. Kate is not Kate and only will be again when her husband is king.

Calling her any first name at all after marriage other than Henry, is wrong. Think Princess Michael of Kent.
Unless she is or becomes a princess in her own right. Think e.g. of Belgium where Elisabetta is sometimes referred to by the Court as Princess Amedeo, but Claire on the other hand is called "Princess Claire" as she is a princess of Belgium in her own right by royal decree issued by King Albert II.

Incidentally, I remember that there was previously an inconclusive discussion on TRF on how Princess Madeleine of Sweden would have been styled if she had married Prince William. Some posters believed that, since she was a princess by birth, she would be entitled to be called "Princess Madeleine, Duchess of Cambridge", while others believed she would still be called only "Duchess of Cambridge", but not "Princess Wiliam". I honestly don't know.
Old 05-30-2017, 09:15 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Folks, no one is going to know if Meghan is going to leave or stay on the show. No one from that show will spill anything.
Not only in regards to Meghan and Suits but basically everything that affects Meghan's life with or without Harry in the picture is just not something for public consumption.

We can think we *know* something but in all honesty, the best we can ever do is speculate, assume, add up 2+2 to end up with 1,392 different answers and dig and find "meaning" in every body position and facial expression from now until doomsday but we're still in the dark with no light at the end of the tunnel.

I'm going to sit, watch and follow though. Its what royal watchers do. Keeps me off the streets and out of trouble.
Old 05-30-2017, 09:42 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiaMia_53 View Post
Yep @Ish, I already conceded that the article was inaccurate in referring to Catherine as Catherine VI, as you can see in my previous post.

Most of what you are stating, I already indicated in my post to which you are responding. The title of Queen Consort may be 'irrelevant,' or maybe you mean 'beside-the-point,' but Kate will still officially be Queen Consort, though not referred to by that antiquated designation.

Sorry! You misunderstood what I was trying to say (or maybe I wasn't clear in it). Queen Consort is not an irrelevant title at all, and Kate will definitely be Queen Consort. What I meant was specifically in regards to how many Catherines have held that title before her - that's the irrelevant part. Consorts don't get numbered, so there could have been 100 Catherines before her and she would still remain "simply" Queen Catherine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
Incidentally, I remember that there was previously an inconclusive discussion on TRF on how Princess Madeleine of Sweden would have been styled if she had married Prince William. Some posters believed that, since she was a princess by birth, she would be entitled to be called "Princess Madeleine, Duchess of Cambridge", while others believed she would still be called only "Duchess of Cambridge", but not "Princess Wiliam". I honestly don't know.

There is precedent in Britain for a scenario like this; Princess Marina of Greece and Denmark married into the BRF and became Princess George, Duchess of Kent within Britain, although she really only used Duchess of Kent (which is standard for the BRF). As a widow she got permission from the Queen to revert to her own title, becoming Princess Marina, Duchess of Kent, to distinguish herself from her daughter-in-law, but that was an unprecedented move.

In the hypothetical where William marries Madeleine she likely would have followed a similar styling.
Old 05-30-2017, 09:44 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Not only in regards to Meghan and Suits but basically everything that affects Meghan's life with or without Harry in the picture is just not something for public consumption.

We can think we *know* something but in all honesty, the best we can ever do is speculate, assume, add up 2+2 to end up with 1,392 different answers and dig and find "meaning" in every body position and facial expression from now until doomsday but we're still in the dark with no light at the end of the tunnel.

I'm going to sit, watch and follow though. Its what royal watchers do. Keeps me off the streets and out of trouble.
It's just best to not follow endless speculations and just sit and wait and see. We've been through all this before.

A.W. TOZER
Old 05-30-2017, 10:04 AM
Majesty

Quote:
It's just best to not follow endless speculations and just sit and wait and see. We've been through all this before.
Yeps. We're veterans at this sort of thing.

This all is actually the calm before the storm in regards to Harry and Meghan's relationship. Once the engagement is announced (if it ever is), the activity in the Harry threads and other relevant threads are going to make what we see now as moving at a snail's pace and we're bound to see a huge influx of new posters interested in following everything to do with Harry's wedding.

Enjoy the relaxed pace while it lasts.
Old 05-30-2017, 10:36 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

Dman, you don't have to join in the speculation. But what's the harm in those of us who enjoy it partaking? Most of this whole thread is speculation....
Old 05-30-2017, 10:50 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish View Post
Dman, you don't have to join in the speculation. But what's the harm in those of us who enjoy it partaking? Most of this whole thread is speculation....
The job of a royal watcher is observing what is going on. We talk about what we see and how it seems to be in our eyes. Its the stuff discussions are made out of and its interesting to see how different people see things different ways.

Sometimes we're right on the money and can do the "I told you so" dance happily in front of our monitors and sometimes we'll slap ourselves on the forehead and ask ourselves how we could have ever believed something so insidious as was "scooped" by gossip sites and the Fail. Sometimes heated discussions occur over something very small and very trivial.

As I said, it keeps us busy and off the streets and out of trouble (with the occasional wrist slapping by the mods doing their job).
Old 05-30-2017, 11:12 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Keeps me off the streets and out of trouble.
Thank goodness because if I had to get in touch with your local authorities this could make things awkward between us!

Meanwhile I'm secretly hoping that the pair are already engaged and are just awaiting the right time to share the news.
Old 05-30-2017, 11:19 AM
Aristocracy

Why would Harry propose if they had to keep it secret for months?
Old 05-30-2017, 11:25 AM
Courtier

Why is everyone so sure that Harry will propose? I'm married, and my husband never proposed. We discussed our future together from early on in our marriage. When we felt that we were sure that we wanted to spend the rest of our lives together, we got married.

Perhaps Harry wants to propose? But I'm also quite sure that even in the cases where there is a proposal, it's more of a rhetorical question. Couples who want to be together decides this bit by bit, I think.
Old 05-30-2017, 11:32 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Oh the media..they've had Harry house hunting for over a year at least.

LaRae
I know but I believe it this time!! It all fits now.
Old 05-30-2017, 11:40 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanyT View Post
Why would Harry propose if they had to keep it secret for months?
One very good reason. Its something personal between Harry and Meghan and their families and friends. No need to alert the public masses until its absolutely necessary.

Most likely too, there is a lot of things to put into place and things needed to be done before going "public". One would be Meghan's contract with Suits. She may want to be totally free and clear of commitments to Suits before making her future step be known publicly.