The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-29-2017, 01:06 AM
Nobility

I am curious to see which charities that Meghan would handle if there is a marriage.

Side note: I went on Harry's Wikipedia page and Meghan is listed there in the "Relationship" section, along with Chelsy Davy and Cressida Bonas. Meaningless flings and one night stands would not get a mention unless they are pre-cursors to a major scandal.

Old 05-29-2017, 01:11 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Verseau View Post
I am curious to see which charities that Meghan would handle if there is a marriage.

Side note: I went on Harry's Wikipedia page and Meghan is listed there in the "Relationship" section, along with Chelsy Davy and Cressida Bonas. Meaningless flings and one night stands would not get a mention unless they are pre-cursors to a major scandal.
And which of those three was there concern may have simply been a fling or one night stand

There is no hard set rules on wiki. Even rumored relationships are often mentioned on pages. Having been reported as dating, for any period of time, would get you mentioned on wiki. It's not any real sign of seriousness.

http://www.express.co.uk/life-style/...-harry-norfolk

If to be believed.....nothing too big at all. Guest only has eight bedroom, five reception rooms and a guest house with a further three bedrooms and three reception. Very quaint and humble.

http://www.countrylife.co.uk/propert...-the-east-7959

Old 05-29-2017, 03:25 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Verseau View Post
@MaiaMia_53 -They tried the "she looks good on paper" narrative on Diana for Charles (right aristocratic background, virgin, etc.) and look how that turned out. Frankly, I thought no American woman, regardless of background, would have a shot at marrying a British prince because of Wallis Simpson, but here we are. Those that are being salty about Meghan may have issue about a woman of color possibly becoming a royal duchess and marrying relatively close to the throne (but not showing it). There is no chance of Harry becoming king, and even so, Meghan should not be viewed as a constitutional crisis. To me the main criterion to become a consort to a royal is not having anything in your past that would be an embarrassment to the Crown and poorly reflect on the U.K. Criminality should be a non starter. Meghan has qualities and experiences that would be an asset to her in working for the Firm, but she still needs to get familiar with the protocol and keeps elements of herself that make her unique. I think that's possible now.

off topic - if Harry and Meghan make it official the new bride gets her own coat of arms and monogram. For the monogram, would it be R for Rachel, her first name or M? Or a combination of both? For her CofA, her background would be reflected. I'm not sure U.S. symbols would be used (bald eagle, part of the U.S. flag), but what about California, her birth state? Here are some of the symbols of California:

State animal - grizzly bear
State flower - California poppy
State nickname - The Golden State
State motto - Eureka (I found it - referring to the gold found in California)
I think RMMW for the monogram and perhaps a lioness for the animal because Meghan's astrological birthdate sign is Leo.

BTW, Harry's birthdate sign is Virgo (close to being a Libra); to be honest though, it's not always about only the birthdate sign, there are other astrological influences based on time of birth, etc. that help determine compatibility. Nonetheless, here's the Leo/Virgo outlook:

"Leo is extroverted, dominant, and charismatic, and often has a short fuse. Virgo is studious and withdrawn, possessed of more versatility than Leo. Although there are differences, they make a wonderful love match when each partner warms up to the other's unfamiliar style."
Old 05-29-2017, 03:49 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
Of course it wouldn't be possible. And meghan may nto be brain of America, but I'm sure she's not so foolish as ot settle for being a mistress rather than a Princess. If she's ambitious, she'll want the whole bag..
Charles certainly would not allow such a situation.
I don't think Prince Harry would allow such a situation either! And I doubt the thought ever crossed his mind. It's only being proposed by speculators here, but there's all kinds of speculation going on everywhere.

We really have no idea how this couple are together in private, but I tend to think it's different from what many of us might imagine because bottom line, we don't really know either of them intimately. Some of the clues that I am relying on are based on the comments leaked by friends of Harry's, obviously with his approval:

"Harry is besotted... they are comfortable together... as if they've known each other for a long time. They are deeply happy..."
Old 05-29-2017, 03:49 AM
Heir Apparent

Meghan does have a Leo sun sign but has more signs in Libra, an air sign. Funnily enough, Chelsy was a Libran sun (and other planets in that sign) so Harry may be attracted to that.

I think a grizzly with a gold nugget would do fine. What about a touch of Canada, and Toronto in particular? After all, Meghan has spent six years there. Two bears perhaps?
Old 05-29-2017, 04:26 AM
Majesty

Could do a bear on the bottom, for both California and Ontario flags

And then a poppy up in one corner for California and a trillium for Ontario in other.
Old 05-29-2017, 04:31 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
Meghan does have a Leo sun sign but has more signs in Libra, an air sign. Funnily enough, Chelsy was a Libran sun (and other planets in that sign) so Harry may be attracted to that.
That's interesting. Leo mixed with Libra is irresistible...

More details: https://www.astromatcha.com/astrolog...compatibility/

Sounds like a great match to me. "When this partnership works well, each partner will bring out the best in each other." Leo can show Virgo a joyful way of life, while Virgo can bring a calming influence and a no-nonsense love and perspective. Apparently Virgo flourishes upon feeling needed while both Leo and Virgo are straightforward emotionally ... Leo exuberance & joy met by Virgo's discriminating depth & sincerity.
Old 05-29-2017, 04:46 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiaMia_53 View Post
I don't think Prince Harry would allow such a situation either! And I doubt the thought ever crossed his mind. It's only being proposed by speculators here, but there's all kinds of speculation going on everywhere.
Ahem *cough* Had no idea it would cause such a stir. Just rambling with ideas.

Quote:
We really have no idea how this couple are together in private, but I tend to think it's different from what many of us might imagine because bottom line, we don't really know either of them intimately. Some of the clues that I am relying on are based on the comments leaked by friends of Harry's, obviously with his approval:

"Harry is besotted... they are comfortable together... as if they've known each other for a long time. They are deeply happy..."
Nicely said, and the quoted comments are very sweet. We know Harry is smitten. Let's hope it's mutual, for his sake. From the comments sounds like it is. Good news. Maybe an engagement is not far off.
Old 05-29-2017, 05:04 AM
Nobility

Yes, those comments have appeared along with similar ones in a number of articles, citing royal sources, so apparently approved by Harry and Meghan.

Here's one of articles:
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Are 'Deeply Happy'

Another quote:
"Despite the distance, the media attention and everything else, there’s a real ease to their relationship, it just works...”

And the source had this to say about Meghan:
“She is incredibly cool and down-to-earth. She has a wonderful warmth to her and a bright smile. It’s very easy to see why Harry was so drawn to her."

This Instagram of a quote Meghan is impressed by was posted by her in April 2016 before she met Prince Harry. It seems kind of prophetic, wouldn't you say (although it could resonate for anyone and everyone):

https://www.instagram.com/p/BEToqt_GBBj/
Old 05-29-2017, 05:13 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Based on what we know about both of them (their interviews and various times they've talked about these personal subjects) they seem to want the same things they appear to be compatible.

You don't fly back and forth to Canada/England for a relationship that you think has no future.

LaRae
why not? They have money to burn. He has not got a full rota of duties.. THey can spend as much time with each other as her career will allow easily because they are well off enough to fly back and forth. But a long distance relationship isn't necessarily a good foundation for a marriage that will be very much scrutinised and will be a big leap for Megan
Do they want the same things? I Don't know. If she's an actress, I presume she likes to act and she wont be able to do that. If she like America or Canada, she will have to leave there and live in the UK.
And I don't believe the RF would sanction a long standing "mistress" relationship.. and Harry would be deterred from undertaking it. He has money true but if he wants to go on being a working Prince.. if he wants to be a royal in good standing with his family, he will either marry Meghan or just let the relationship end in due course...
Old 05-29-2017, 09:10 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Their relationship to me is like working together on a jigsaw puzzle. Harry has some of the pieces and Meghan has some of the pieces and what they're doing as time passes is making the big picture out of them. If their pieces all fit together snugly without any pieces missing, it'll form the picture of their marriage.

They both have had busy, successful lives with dreams, ambitions and goals of what they're looking for in life along with life's ups and downs and upside downs and those all make for pieces of their puzzle. In this relationship, if the puzzle is finished and the picture is clear, all those little, individual pieces will show a picture of a strong marriage that is based on the both of them rather than the individuals. They both created it.

From there, should they marry, its time to start new puzzles. The working together puzzle, the family puzzle and whatever puzzle they want to build a picture of. They may find the marriage puzzle to be incomplete and not such a pretty picture that they can live with so they'd take their pieces, go separate ways and try again with someone else.

Some people do jigsaw puzzle, some paint with oils and some make mosaics out of ceramic tiles but a relationship is always painting a picture.
Old 05-29-2017, 09:20 AM
Heir Apparent

That's an absolutely beautiful metaphor, Osipi.
Old 05-29-2017, 09:45 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

I think a grizzly with a gold nugget would do fine. What about a touch of Canada, and Toronto in particular? After all, Meghan has spent six years there. Two bears perhaps?

Meghan only lives in Canada because of her job.
Lots of shows film in Canada instead of the USA because production costs are cheaper.

It's not like she is Canadian, so why use any Canadian symbols?
Old 05-29-2017, 09:53 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Their relationship to me is like working together on a jigsaw puzzle. Harry has some of the pieces and Meghan has some of the pieces and what they're doing as time passes is making the big picture out of them. If their pieces all fit together snugly without any pieces missing, it'll form the picture of their marriage.

Some people do jigsaw puzzle, some paint with oils and some make mosaics out of ceramic tiles but a relationship is always painting a picture.
we know little or nothing of their relationship. They may just be in it for fun, they may mean it to be serious but do the RF In general want the affair to go on towards marriage.
IMO relationships esp marriage are extremely difficult and that's proved by so many marriages failing. and the RF wont want a marriage that' is likely to fail.
Old 05-29-2017, 10:00 AM
Majesty

As far as Meghan creating a coat of arms, there are many different symbols and colors that she could use as each one has its own specific meaning in heraldry. The bear, although a symbol of California, may not symbolize Meghan in heraldry meanings though. It will be interesting to see what she does come up with should a coat of arms be needed.

Heraldry Symbols & Meanings, Coat of Arms Symbols A- D

Quote:
we know little or nothing of their relationship. They may just be in it for fun, they may mean it to be serious but do the RF In general want the affair to go on towards marriage.
IMO relationships esp marriage are extremely difficult and that's proved by so many marriages failing. and the RF wont want a marriage that' is likely to fail.
The thing is that these are two human beings that first and foremost are concentrated on their own relationship with each other. Where it is going, no one knows except for the two of them.

No one, including the RF, has any clue if a marriage is going to last or a marriage is going to fail until that marriage actually happens. One would have to have a crystal ball to predict a failed marriage and sadly, mine is in the shop being cleaned. The RF are also wise enough and have had enough experiences to know that they cannot stamp a potential marriage as a success or a failure.

ETA: When it comes down to the time where Harry wishes to marry, it will not be up to the entire royal family as a consensus whether he marries the bride of his choice or not. They don't get to tell Harry "no" because she parts her hair on the wrong side to them or things like that.

While he does need the stamp of approval from the Queen, its her stamp of approval as Harry's monarch and pertains to his bride's acceptability within the monarchy and British interests. Most likely a (theoretical) daughter of Bashar al-Assad of the Syrian regime would raise a few eyebrows of the Queen and her Privy Counsel.
Old 05-29-2017, 10:10 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
Meghan only lives in Canada because of her job.
Lots of shows film in Canada instead of the USA because production costs are cheaper.

It's not like she is Canadian, so why use any Canadian symbols?
Meghan has said several times that she regards Toronto as 'home'. She has, after all spent quite a lot of time there in the past six years.
Old 05-29-2017, 12:15 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Meghan has said several times that she regards Toronto as 'home'. She has, after all spent quite a lot of time there in the past six years.

Perhaps, but she probably wouldn't stay once the show concludes, even if she doesn't marry Harry.
She'd want to find more work, which means L.A. or NYC.
Old 05-29-2017, 12:42 PM
Majesty

Quote:
That's interesting. Leo mixed with Libra is irresistible...

More details: https://www.astromatcha.com/astrolog...compatibility/

Sounds like a great match to me. "When this partnership works well, each partner will bring out the best in each other." Leo can show Virgo a joyful way of life, while Virgo can bring a calming influence and a no-nonsense love and perspective. Apparently Virgo flourishes upon feeling needed while both Leo and Virgo are straightforward emotionally ... Leo exuberance & joy met by Virgo's discriminating depth & sincerity.

HA...my husband and I are a Leo/Libra mix.

LaRae

Quote:
why not? They have money to burn. He has not got a full rota of duties.. THey can spend as much time with each other as her career will allow easily because they are well off enough to fly back and forth. But a long distance relationship isn't necessarily a good foundation for a marriage that will be very much scrutinised and will be a big leap for Megan
Do they want the same things? I Don't know. If she's an actress, I presume she likes to act and she wont be able to do that. If she like America or Canada, she will have to leave there and live in the UK.
And I don't believe the RF would sanction a long standing "mistress" relationship.. and Harry would be deterred from undertaking it. He has money true but if he wants to go on being a working Prince.. if he wants to be a royal in good standing with his family, he will either marry Meghan or just let the relationship end in due course...

Because such a casual relationship is not what either of them have said they want...that's why not.

LaRae
Old 05-29-2017, 12:59 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
HA...my husband and I are a Leo/Libra mix.

LaRae
Although our natal charts are totally different, hubby and I share the same sun sign of Capricorn down to the same date. So much factors into individual natal charts that is pretty generic to just go by one's sun sign and compatibility.
Old 05-29-2017, 01:24 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

If Harry and Meghan marry I would love to see Golden Poppies mixed into her bouquet or somewhere in the floral arrangements. They can range in color from a deep gold to bright orange, but I'm sure a talented florist can make it work.

Now on a lighter note if Harry designs an engagement ring featuring a grizzly bear with gemstone eyes he would replace Prince Joachim as the designer of the royal world's ugliest engagement ring! https://www.google.com/search?q=bear...B4IM:(Actually I have full confidence in Harry to chose something lovely for Meghan if it comes to an engagement.)