The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #5921  
Old 05-22-2017, 02:35 PM
Alisa's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: , United States
Posts: 2,075
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocoasneeze View Post
Bit in bold: that's exactly what I meant, you explained it much better. Thank you!

Lainey Imo, again, is absolutely correct with this article.
Meghan Markle kept a low profile at Pippa's wedding with Prince Harry
Lainey is spot on.
The couple is very good at protecting their relationship. They dated for months without the press finding out!
Good for them!
__________________

__________________
Those who plot the destruction of others often perish in the attempt. ---Phaedrus
  #5922  
Old 05-22-2017, 02:41 PM
Alisa's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: , United States
Posts: 2,075
Quote:
Originally Posted by O-H Anglophile View Post
I think it is being realistic or pragmatic, rather than an arrogant assumption.

I think I tend to agree with the poster that said Harry and Meghan are not ready to be photographed "officially" as a couple. William and Kate attended weddings together before they were engaged, but never arrived together to be photographed as a couple until just before they announced their engagement.
I agree. Leading up to the wedding Meghan was all over the press. The Sun called Pippa's wedding "The Wedding of the Rears" with an enlarged photo of Meghan's toned booty/bum/butt on the front cover. Social media was all abuzz over what she would be wearing etc.

Meghan would have unintentionally steal the spotlight by her presence alone.
It was a very mature and conscious decision for her to lay low and let Pippa have her day.
__________________

__________________
Those who plot the destruction of others often perish in the attempt. ---Phaedrus
  #5923  
Old 05-22-2017, 02:44 PM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 13,465
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa View Post
Lainey is spot on.
The couple is very good at protecting their relationship. They dated for months without the press finding out!
Good for them!
That's what's it's all about protecting their privacy. None of it is about who's not invited to which event. I'm sure Pippa made sure Harry's girlfriend was invited to everything, but the couple did things their way.

I think it's all exhausting though. It's a lot of weight off the shoulders once everything becomes official and the couple is able to go about their business together without all the ducking, slipping and sliding about the place.
__________________
"WE CANNOT PRAY IN LOVE AND LIVE IN HATE AND STILL THINK WE ARE WORSHIPING GOD."

A.W. TOZER
  #5924  
Old 05-22-2017, 03:16 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Somewhere in, United Kingdom
Posts: 463
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
That's what's it's all about protecting their privacy. None of it is about who's not invited to which event. I'm sure Pippa made sure Harry's girlfriend was invited to everything, but the couple did things their way.

I think it's all exhausting though. It's a lot of weight off the shoulders once everything becomes official and the couple is able to go about their business together without all the ducking, slipping and sliding about the place.
Which is why I'm thinking there's no way neither Harry or meghan would continue as a long term, non married couple. I think, if/when they get engaged, and then married, it'll make things a lot easier for them.
__________________
  #5925  
Old 05-22-2017, 03:32 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Norfolk, United States
Posts: 1,098
E News has more information, which sounds more accurate than her already being at Englefield House.

Did Prince Harry Really Drive 100 Miles to Get Meghan Markle Inside Pippa Middleton's Wedding Reception? | E! News
__________________
  #5926  
Old 05-22-2017, 03:44 PM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 13,465
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocoasneeze View Post
Which is why I'm thinking there's no way neither Harry or meghan would continue as a long term, non married couple. I think, if/when they get engaged, and then married, it'll make things a lot easier for them.
Listen, I watched the Cambridge's relationship from its early days. After a while all the..not arriving together at events, walking with ones heads down and sneaking about the place...it gets tiring to watch. Privacy is always important and I don't blame them for protecting it, but once their able to go about their lives in a more comfortable way together in public...the better.
__________________
"WE CANNOT PRAY IN LOVE AND LIVE IN HATE AND STILL THINK WE ARE WORSHIPING GOD."

A.W. TOZER
  #5927  
Old 05-22-2017, 04:10 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Woodbridge, United States
Posts: 375
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa View Post
I agree. Leading up to the wedding Meghan was all over the press. The Sun called Pippa's wedding "The Wedding of the Rears" with an enlarged photo of Meghan's toned booty/bum/butt on the front cover. Social media was all abuzz over what she would be wearing etc.

Meghan would have unintentionally steal the spotlight by her presence alone.
It was a very mature and conscious decision for her to lay low and let Pippa have her day.

I agree given the way the media creates rivalries and fake narratives, staying low key was the best thing for both Pippa's wedding and the relationship. By not giving the media content it forced them to stay focused on the Bride, also by not going the media could not ramp up the hysterical marriage talk.

I suspect now without any future weddings to hype up Harry and Meghan can now control their own narrative at their own pace.
__________________
  #5928  
Old 05-22-2017, 05:06 PM
MaiaMia_53's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 428
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
So they were based at Engelfield House for the wedding I see. I hope they had a good time.
Meghan Markle waited in suite to join Pippa's wedding
I've seen another article from E-online that has a source indicating Harry and Meghan both left KP on Saturday morning, and then Harry left Meghan at a friend's rented house in the vicinity of Buckleberry & Englefield. Harry left the reception to go have lunch with Meghan at the rented house. Meghan had someone come to do her makeup, and then they left for the evening celebration at Buckleberry estate. All of this sounds logical and not made up.

In addition, E-online claims that Meghan was invited to all the events, including the church ceremony. However, Harry and Meghan decided it was best for Meghan to keep a low profile and only attend the late evening affair. Again, perfectly reasonable and already speculated by many posters (especially in light of the ridiculous, glaring headlines from infamous tabloids trying to stir up some kind of idiotic war). Even the guff about Pippa stealing Kate's spotlight in 2011 is completely ridiculous and a pure media creation.

Did Prince Harry Really Drive 100 Miles to Get Meghan Markle Inside Pippa Middleton's Wedding Reception? | E! News

There's also a video with Melanie Bromley actually talking to someone who claims to know Meghan (apparently a business acquaintance) Nick Ede a 'brand expert,' who says he has worked with Meghan previously. Ede speaks of Meghan very positively, and he has kind things to say about both Meghan and Harry. It's nice to hear kind words, even if it is a bit of p.r., what with all the negative slants and slurs from tabloids and trolls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
... I don't think that she will be so unadjusted that she will bring down the monarchy, and even if she did....
More like Meghan will uplift the monarchy with her down-to-earth style and presence. Along with William & Kate, Harry & Meghan perhaps will help lead the royal family slowly but surely into a new era with adherence to the most respected traditions of the past, but with a relaxing of the more archaic and antiquated stuff that's been confounding and hampering the lives of royals for far too long.

Already, there have been increasing changes in how the royal children are being raised in a less stuffy and strict 'behind palace walls' way. As a modern mother, Kate is taking on more of a major role with less nanny dominance, in raising Prince George and Princess Charlotte (with the help of William and the Middletons). Some of these changes began with Diana & Charles in their approach to raising William and Harry.
__________________
  #5929  
Old 05-22-2017, 05:30 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Somewhere in, United Kingdom
Posts: 463
It's been actually funny to follow the tabloids make up stories re this wedding. One tabloids makes up one story, every other one repeats it. This 'Harry drove 100 miles to go and collect Meghan being one of them. Shows just how little they know.
__________________
  #5930  
Old 05-22-2017, 05:36 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: TX, United States
Posts: 579
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
If it is true that Meghan didn't go to the wedding to avoid upstaging the bride, then it would sound to me like a very arrogant assumption on Meghan's part and a very rude thing to do, especially if her reasons for not going were leaked to press. I doubt that is true though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa View Post
I agree. Leading up to the wedding Meghan was all over the press. The Sun called Pippa's wedding "The Wedding of the Rears" with an enlarged photo of Meghan's toned booty/bum/butt on the front cover. Social media was all abuzz over what she would be wearing etc.

Meghan would have unintentionally steal the spotlight by her presence alone.
It was a very mature and conscious decision for her to lay low and let Pippa have her day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlowVera View Post
I agree given the way the media creates rivalries and fake narratives, staying low key was the best thing for both Pippa's wedding and the relationship.
I agree that it is an arrogant assumption, and I do not believe it is the reason that Meghan did not attend the wedding. I think that due to space at the church, Prince Harry was not allowed a plus one, and Meghan was not issued an invitation on her own. No more, no less.

If Pippa and her family are so private and do not care about media coverage, then Meghan stealing Pippa's spotlight should not be an issue. To their friends & family, Pippa & James were the most important couple of the day, not Prince Harry and his girlfriend. And these friends & family are who should matter to the bridal couple and their families - not who got more (or any) coverage in the media. Other than a few pictures of guests greeting the groom as they arrived at the church, the photogs did not take picture of the bride & groom amongst their guests. It seems that Pippa arrived after the guests were in the church, and left before their guests exited the church, so there would have been no disruption of the happy couple's big day while while photogs clamored for the money shot of Harry & Meghan. But any spotlight stealing would only matter if Pippa and her family do not care about the press attention, which, IMO, they do.
__________________
  #5931  
Old 05-22-2017, 06:01 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 793
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocoasneeze View Post
It's been actually funny to follow the tabloids make up stories re this wedding. One tabloids makes up one story, every other one repeats it. This 'Harry drove 100 miles to go and collect Meghan being one of them. Shows just how little they know.
Kind of funny but also a bit annoying when, if you follow these people at all, you know the likelihood of certain stories being true are slim to none. Yet people read them and believe them---forever!

I think the E News story sounds like the most likely of the "where was Meghan" stories.
__________________
  #5932  
Old 05-22-2017, 07:03 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 4,916
It's a bit sad that we have only one grainy photo with reference to the reception. Yes, I know it was a private event but no photos again allows people on other sites to snigger, infer that Meghan wasn't really there for any of Pippa's celebrations, that the romance isn't valid in spite of Harry's November declaration, and a dozen other imputations.

I agree with Dman and what observers and well wishers found frustrating in the early years of the Cambridges' courtship, that there is always quite a lot of (unnecessary IMO) sneaking around involved in dating a Royal. There were hardly any photos of Will and Kate in the first couple of years of their dating life and they were living in the same country!

In Harry's case we've had a statement that he is dating Meghan, yet some people still don't believe it or are making up ulterior motives for it.

It would be better surely to have lunch or dinner dates or go to the pub as 99% of couples do, especially when Harry is in Toronto, a very laid back town, and let the cards fall where they may as far as paps and onlookers with cell phones are concerned.

At least then, people who don't believe that this a serious romance will have the evidence in front of them before the engagement announcement.

After all Harry and Meghan would only be doing what the majority of dating couples do, enjoying each other's company. And quite frankly, at least after a while, I doubt they'd be bothered very much, at least not in Canada.

The cloak and dagger stuff, the trying desperately for privacy at times when it's not really necessary, holed up inside your home when you'd really like to go out, is like some board game played with the tabloid press, 'Catch Me When You Can!' it ought to be called, and as a long time Royal watcher I just find it very irritating.
__________________
  #5933  
Old 05-22-2017, 07:35 PM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 13,465

Great comment, Curryong, and I agree. I think everything will be much easier once the couple get to where they're comfortable to go out and about like the other royal couples. I applaud their desire for privacy and to be in a world of their own though.
__________________
"WE CANNOT PRAY IN LOVE AND LIVE IN HATE AND STILL THINK WE ARE WORSHIPING GOD."

A.W. TOZER
  #5934  
Old 05-22-2017, 08:09 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 749
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
It's a bit sad that we have only one grainy photo with reference to the reception. Yes, I know it was a private event but no photos again allows people on other sites to snigger, infer that Meghan wasn't really there for any of Pippa's celebrations, that the romance isn't valid in spite of Harry's November declaration, and a dozen other imputations.

I agree with Dman and what observers and well wishers found frustrating in the early years of the Cambridges' courtship, that there is always quite a lot of (unnecessary IMO) sneaking around involved in dating a Royal. There were hardly any photos of Will and Kate in the first couple of years of their dating life and they were living in the same country!

In Harry's case we've had a statement that he is dating Meghan, yet some people still don't believe it or are making up ulterior motives for it.

It would be better surely to have lunch or dinner dates or go to the pub as 99% of couples do, especially when Harry is in Toronto, a very laid back town, and let the cards fall where they may as far as paps and onlookers with cell phones are concerned.

At least then, people who don't believe that this a serious romance will have the evidence in front of them before the engagement announcement.

After all Harry and Meghan would only be doing what the majority of dating couples do, enjoying each other's company. And quite frankly, at least after a while, I doubt they'd be bothered very much, at least not in Canada.

The cloak and dagger stuff, the trying desperately for privacy at times when it's not really necessary, holed up inside your home when you'd really like to go out, is like some board game played with the tabloid press, 'Catch Me When You Can!' it ought to be called, and as a long time Royal watcher I just find it very irritating.
Here in Toronto, Meghan and her employer use a very well connected publicist/stylist, Jessica Mulroney, who will certainly keep track of how, when, where and why Meghan is photographed. Do not kid yourself that there is anything 'informal' or 'laid back' in this relationship; it is tightly controlled and perhaps even scripted
__________________
  #5935  
Old 05-22-2017, 08:09 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 2,554
I agree with you Curryong and until they are out and about Meghan wouldn't have a true picture of what life with Harry will be
__________________
  #5936  
Old 05-22-2017, 09:40 PM
MaiaMia_53's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 428
Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenPenny View Post
...
If Pippa and her family are so private and do not care about media coverage, then Meghan stealing Pippa's spotlight should not be an issue. To their friends & family, Pippa & James were the most important couple of the day, not Prince Harry and his girlfriend. And these friends & family are who should matter to the bridal couple and their families - not who got more (or any) coverage in the media. Other than a few pictures of guests greeting the groom as they arrived at the church, the photogs did not take picture of the bride & groom amongst their guests. It seems that Pippa arrived after the guests were in the church, and left before their guests exited the church, so there would have been no disruption of the happy couple's big day while while photogs clamored for the money shot of Harry & Meghan. But any spotlight stealing would only matter if Pippa and her family do not care about the press attention, which, IMO, they do.
It has little to do with the Middletons being worried or not worried over media coverage. Of course for their family and friends, Pippa and James were the focus, and all of the guests were there to celebrate their day, as was Meghan later that evening. The issue is that Harry and Meghan have only been dating for just under a year, and there's a lot of tabloid nonsense being generated around their relationship chiefly because of Meghan's beauty & background. As soon as Meghan was revealed to be Harry's girlfriend, there was gossip in the media comparing Meghan with Pippa and Kate. OTT tabloid nonsense just generates a lot of unnecessary negativity, which is more distracting for the royals than it is for their friends and in-laws. But because of the press attention that was already surrounding Pippa's wedding, which is purely due to who Pippa's sister is married to, any further wild headlines distracting from Pippa and James would have been unfair to the bridal couple, and it would not be something the royal family would have liked to see happen.

Frankly, if the tabloid media was not so OTT crazy, and if Meghan and Harry had been together for a longer time with some of the mega-hysteria having died down, Meghan could have attended all the events like any other plus-one guest, particularly since Meghan means a lot to Harry. None of this is Meghan's or Pippa's fault. It's squarely on the media and the way they were trying (at Pippa's and at Meghan's expense) to make something fantastic and crazy out of an upscale family wedding, and out of a simple, loving relationship between M&H that is just reaching its first-year anniversary.

The silly and slimey 'bum war' headlines the day before Pippa's wedding were surely the last straw, particularly for Meghan and Harry. It must have been enough for Harry how the paps swarmed over the Inskip wedding in Jamaica. Harry was not a happy camper about that. Obviously, neither Harry nor Meghan were willing to give the media any further opportunities to blare crazy headlines with harmless pics made out to be some kind of battle cry. That kind of thing on the day after the wedding would have obscured a lot of the focus away from Pippa and James.

Media headlines of course weren't going to spoil the ceremony, the reception, nor the evening party, where cameras were not allowed. However, by Meghan barely being seen at all, and no pap shots provided of what Meghan was wearing, as you can see, the media had no choice but to stick mostly with the real story of Pippa, James, and the cute kids in their outfits with Kate shepherding them. And even then, we still had to see silly goings-on in print about 'where Meghan was,' and 'where Harry went to pick her up,' etc.

So what about the other guests, many of whom the general public do not know by name, aside from Princess Eugenie and Roger Federer! And Federer is a well-known person whose been in the public eye for ages. He adds to the invited guests cache as a friend of the bride and groom, without coming close to being made into a distracting media headline. But as we know, the tabloids were gnawing at the bit to turn Meghan into the headline of year at Pippa's wedding! Good that they didn't get the chance.
__________________
  #5937  
Old 05-22-2017, 10:09 PM
Ish's Avatar
Ish Ish is offline
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 3,406
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
In Harry's case we've had a statement that he is dating Meghan, yet some people still don't believe it or are making up ulterior motives for it.

It would be better surely to have lunch or dinner dates or go to the pub as 99% of couples do, especially when Harry is in Toronto, a very laid back town, and let the cards fall where they may as far as paps and onlookers with cell phones are concerned.

At least then, people who don't believe that this a serious romance will have the evidence in front of them before the engagement announcement.
I disagree. Why should Meghan and Harry have to go out in public and essentially put on a performance for the public and media just so that people will believe in the existence of their relationship?

Harry and Meghan owe the public nothing - not when it comes to their relationship. There will certainly be a point when their lives have to be on display, if they get married, but right now they're not at that stage. So why should they have to perform just to convince us that they're really together?
__________________
  #5938  
Old 05-22-2017, 10:09 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: TX, United States
Posts: 579
Hi MaiaMia_53, I agree with the sentiment of being happy that the tabloids didn't have the opportunity to compare Meghan with Pippa or anyone else. Battle of the bums - gross and so demeaning. All women, all human beings, are much more than body parts. However, I maintain that unless one is concerned with media coverage, then the stealing of any spotlight (according to the media only), does not matter. They are mutually exclusive, and I do not think all of the pap shots of Pippa jogging, biking, shopping in the weeks leading up to her wedding are a mere coincidence

But this is the Prince Harry relationship thread, so on topic, I do not think Meghan was invited to the church, and I think the media needs to move on until there is something to report
__________________
  #5939  
Old 05-22-2017, 10:11 PM
XeniaCasaraghi's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: 1729 Noneofyourbusiness Drive, United States
Posts: 2,879
@Curryong Whatever people want to believe is their problem not Harry's or Meghan's. Their sneaking around as well as Will and Kate's was entirely justified because they deserve privacy without being harassed by onlookers or having secret photos taken of them. Its nice to see Harry prefer to date the royal way and stay away from hotspots and just see his girlfriend where he knows they can feel safe.
__________________
Princess Grace, April 19, 1956
Princess Margaret Rose, May 6, 1960
Crown Princess Mette-Marit, August 25, 2001
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
  #5940  
Old 05-22-2017, 10:15 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 793
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiaMia_53 View Post
OTT tabloid nonsense just generates a lot of unnecessary negativity,

Frankly, if the tabloid media was not so OTT crazy,
I second your entire post, but I think the first sentence quoted here is so true. And some people seem to thrive on negativity.

I feel like the media acts like these are not real people sometimes. And their crazy stories can lead some people to the weirdest ideas.

The second partial sentence quoted made me laugh. Given some of the stories out there, I think they must sit around trying to come up with the most ridiculous ideas to print to top their rivals. Some of them don't even seem to pretend to be real journalists anymore.
__________________

__________________
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (1 members and 1 guests)
ACO
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Popular Tags
affair archduchess marie astrid beatrice (1986- ) birthday carl gustaf chris o'neill crown princess mary crown princess victoria crown princess victoria hats current events denmark duchess of cambridge duke of york earl of snowdon english books family general news grand duke henri hereditary grand duchess stéphanie hereditary grand duke guillaume infanta cristina infanta leonor infanta sofia iñaki urdangarín jewels king felipe king felipe vi king philippe king willem-alexander letizia liechtenstein meme monarchy news prince alexander prince carl philip prince daniel prince felix prince gabriel prince harry prince harry of wales prince nicholas prince oscar princess beatrice princess claire of luxembourg princess estelle princess leonore princess madeleine princess margaretha of luxembourg princess mary style princess of asturias princess sofia princess victoria queen elizabeth ii queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen mathilde queen maxima queen silvia spanish jewels state visit state visit to spain stephanie sweden swedish royal family uae nature victoria zog



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:59 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017
Jelsoft Enterprises