Prince Harry: Relationship Suggestions and Musings 2016-2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know a great many wish this couple well and hoping for that big announcement soon, but we should really wait and allow Harry and Meghan the time and space to get to that point.

While some seem anxious for an engagement and wedding sooner rather than later, a great many of us, while wishing for a marriage for Harry and Meghan (if that is what they want), figure some more life and career stuff has to wrap up first. I think it will be at least several more months.

Actually, I remember those days well. Natalie Pinkham was a great friend of Harry and of Will. She wasn't alone on a houseboat with Harry anywhere.

And the Press, mainly the DM, ALLEGED that Harry took Cressida on safari to Africa. No reports of this trip, no Twitter or any photos ever emerged.

Yes, Chelsy holidayed with Harry in Africa. She was born in Zimbabwe. They would holiday on occasions with her parents and brother at various places. They took ONE trip on that houseboat that was pictured, pursued by paps, press photographers every inch of the way. Pictures the Daily Fail bought. They certainly weren't on that boat annually.

This is a pointless arguement. Harry will propose how he best see fit for the couple. If it's in Africa on a safari, so be it. If that's what he feels defines him and Meghan best and is special to them, then that's just what it is. Will and Kate doesn't have monopoly over Africa safaris. Besides, I highly doubt Harry cares what the public will say regarding how he proposed. As long as it's special to him and Meghan, assuming he at some point proposes to her, that's his prerogative.

Just lets make this clear at No Point was I stating my opinion. He can propose at McDonald's over a Big Mac if it makes them happy :lol:

My point was what the headlines would say. It would be Harry proposed in African Safari like his brother. We all know people follow media like a pack of sheep. Just look at the board, we font have far to look for people who have fed into the he roll be engaged by Invictus and are now sure he is set to propose.

IMO Harry will want Meghan to have her Own special moment. No one elses. It is him to decide.

According to Niraj Tanna, all the agencies have photographers on the way to Botswana. It's not looking good for a private holiday for the two of them. :sad:

According to Niraj Tanna, all the agencies have photographers on the way to Botswana. It's not looking good for a private holiday for the two of them. :sad:

Unless Botswana is a red herring. :D Harry and Meghan wouldn't be advertising where they're going and being tipped off in a certain direction would be a perfect foil if they were somewhere else.

I just keep thinking back that Harry wanted to take Meghan to Sentebale in Lesotho. I could imagine Harry looking at Meghan and saying something like "Think you could make these kids your own too?" and proposing right then and there and a grand engagement party happens with all the kids around them.

ETA: I just was curious and ended up going to the website for Sentebale. Learned something new too. As per the website, it states: "We help the most vulnerable children in Lesotho and Botswana get the support they need to lead healthy and productive lives.". So, maybe, Botswana is in the picture for Harry and Meghan but in relation to Sentebale? Its possible.

http://sentebale.org/who-we-are/

Fanciful thinking I know but with what I know about Harry, he'll be as unique and as sincere in a proposal as he is about everything else he's passionate about.

Last edited:
... We all know people follow media like a pack of sheep. Just look at the board, we font have far to look for people who have fed into the he roll be engaged by Invictus and are now sure he is set to propose.

IMO Harry will want Meghan to have her Own special moment. No one elses. It is him to decide.

^^ And none of us know regarding a proposal or when it will come, but it does seem imminent, although it may not be announced right away for a variety of logistical reasons (one being as reported, that the Palace will have to make preparations and scheduling regarding the wedding a bit in advance of an engagement announcement). I agree with you that Harry feels Meghan is special and he treats her that way. We are all trying to figure it out and sharing our perceptions for various reasons of feeling intrigued and enchanted, or simply engaging in the pleasure of vicarious royal-watching, or wallowing in the peevishness of jealous and/or annoyed royal watching, or wink-wink detachment, or whatever. ?

One thing's for certain, Harry is picking his spots in terms of sharing anything about this relationship. And I don't think that will change. (I agree with @Osipi that it's possible Botswana has been tactically used to throw pap hounds off the scent.) :D There will apparently be a protective wall put up permanently around this relationship in order to keep the inanity and petty intrusiveness at bay. Harry will not allow Meghan to be disrespected, hounded, slighted, or pretentiously pitted in faux write-ups vs any members of the royal family.

Meghan herself is clearly no one's fool, and she's also a very accomplished, genuine, kind and caring person. So even the most skeptical members of the royal family will likely be won over by her down-to-earth charm and delightful presence. Above all, Harry's family surely see how much Meghan means to him and what a difference their connection and blossoming of their relationship has had on him. And also how gracefully and calmly Meghan has conducted herself in the midst of the OTT media storm, and what she has been willing to give up, which is not insubstantial.

What more concrete signs are needed to see how serious M&H are about each other, and also how suited they seem to be for each other?

Last edited by a moderator:
Denville, If Harry wanted a 'friends with benefits' relationship with someone there are plenty of women in Britain he could do that with. He'd hardly choose a woman who lives in another country whom he's only been able to see on average every three weeks or so.

She might be the one he likes at present. And He may enjoy a relationship where he is not with his loved one all the time. I was merely pointing out that I don't see that the fact that harry spends time with her when she comes to the UK, instead of hopping off to Paris to watch the rugby as he apparently did when Dating Chelsey, (which was another long distnance relationship) is an indication that he is truly madly deeply in love.

Well, it doesn't matter what any of us think anyway. ? It's their relationship. And, as Prince Harry famously declared in last November's warning to the press: "This is not a game. It's my life and hers..."

Of course neither Harry nor Meghan are just simply 'do-gooders'. I think their humanitarian endeavors are a huge part of their connection. But at the tail end of the comment Harry made in the linked documentary, he added: "It's fun to be good, and boring to be bad [pause], but you can be naughty too." :lol: I think both Harry and Meghan have a sense of fun and a mischievous quality. They both clearly enjoy the good things in life, as well as giving back. It's not everyone though who grows to recognize that being in a prominent, influential position brings with it enormous responsibility that you can either ignore and shirk, or go out of your way to uphold and commit to fulfilling in beneficial ways.

Another aspect of their connection I see is how Harry is known to be a very competitive person, as he emphasized during the documentary. He fully commits to what he believes in. Meghan has expressed a similar sentiment when she spoke in a pre-Harry interview of having 'endless ambition,' and desiring to 'exceed expectations.'

In the documentary, Harry apparently is trying to articulate that he found his soul and his life's purpose in Africa. The work he has done with his charity, Sentebale, was not an easy process, but he persevered and it came together. This work helped him heal, even as he contributed mightily to the lives of these needy children. The name Sentebale (in honor of his and his friend, Prince Seeiso's mothers, means: Forget-me-not. A poignant and fitting tribute. I have no doubt that one of the things Prince Harry looks forward to doing while in Africa, is sharing with Meghan all that Sentebale means to him.

No matter the petty, negative slants, nor even the positive, fanciful views surrounding this fascinating couple, what will be, will be. I wish them well. :flowers: As Harry said, "Why not try to increase good in the world any way you can?" :lucky:

Last edited:
Actually, I remember those days well. Natalie Pinkham was a great friend of Harry and of Will. She wasn't alone on a houseboat with Harry anywhere.

And the Press, mainly the DM, ALLEGED that Harry took Cressida on safari to Africa. No reports of this trip, no Twitter or any photos ever emerged.

Yes, Chelsy holidayed with Harry in Africa. She was born in Zimbabwe. They would holiday on occasions with her parents and brother at various places. They took ONE trip on that houseboat that was pictured, pursued by paps, press photographers every inch of the way. Pictures the Daily Fail bought. They certainly weren't on that boat annually.

Ah! Thanks for clearing that one up! ?

I wondered who the "third" girlfriend was, the only ones with any sort of official status I could recall are Chelsy and Cressida. I'm sure Harry dated others before, in between and after them over the years, but nothing really serious.

No recollection of hearing anything about Harry and Cressida in Africa. Chelsy well yes, it's her home.

I could see them being engaged by December 2017

I could see Harry and Meghan being engaged by December or January.

It's a very emotional process, committing to someone for the rest of your life and starting a family.

Last edited by a moderator:

The pictures of Harry groping Natalie's boobs are why the tabloids label her an "ex-gf". Personally, I think they just had a flirty friendship, maybe friends-with-benefits. But the tabloids always wag their eyebrows at male-female friendships, then when you add sleazy pictures to the mix they'll definitely run away with it.

He's quite careful really...makes it clear he hasn't met her ...just speaking in the generic sense.

LaRae

:previous: Very true, if anyone was a rank outsider it had to be Mike. I don't think that he was ever handsome and his nose is a tribute to a lifetime of playing Rugby. But you only have to see him grin at Zara and you know why she fell in love with him. See him with Mia and your heart goes all gooey.

Meghan may be the same. Divorced, career actress, independent feminist and a brunette to boot. Yet Harry loved her enough to "out" the relationship in an attempt to protect her. And now they are happily (I hope) flying under the radar and it's my hope they land in Church.

For sure...Mike was not the upper class gentleman by any means ...quite frankly I can totally understand why Zara went for him. He may be a guy's guy but he is secure enough in who he is that he can be supportive to his wife/child and not afraid to show it.

I have to admit if Harry doesn't marry Meghan (or she doesn't marry him, whichever) I'll be disappointed...and I was never disappointed when his previous relationships ended.

LaRae

Mike is the first family member to actually mention Meghan.

Well, Mike talking about Meghan probably means Harry has talked about her to his family. And while Zara and even more so Mike are not the inner circle of The Royal Family (rather they are part of the family whose matriarch happens to be the Queen) I don't think they'd talk about Meghan if Harry was vehemently opposed to it.

I would consider Zara to be in the inner circle of the BRF. She's very close to the Queen and her cousins.

LaRae

I think it's very meaningful that Mike talks about Meghan.

Just to point out to everybody, Mike is married to Zara, so he's a dear family member. He knows what's it's like being a member of the family. Just for those who's doubting Mike's opinion.

Last edited:
I would consider Zara to be in the inner circle of the BRF. She's very close to the Queen and her cousins.

LaRae

I capitalized The Royal Family hoping people would realize I meant Mike was only speaking as family, not as an official representative as could be the case if William had said something. The inner circle of officialdom not family.

Last edited:
It was very nice of him to do that, I think. Zara is quite close to her cousins and I'm sure she and Mike wish Harry and Meghan all the best.

I find these comments by Mike to be very interesting- especially as the last few episodes of "Suits" have made me believe they're laying the ground work to write Meghan's character off the show. (They're showing problems in her character's long time relationship on the show)

I think it is all apart of the couple's strategy. There is no way Mike would say anything concerning the couple without an OK from Harry.
I suspect we will be seeing little deets like these leading up to the engagement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom