The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2017, 02:45 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
May I ask why does it really matter where she was?

^^Spoken like a true resident of Noneofyourbusiness Drive.

Xenia, this is a little puzzle that is fun to figure out.

Old 05-21-2017, 02:50 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Why does it matter what Kate wore? Or what food was served? People are interested. If you aren't, by all means don't venture a guess.
Why does it matter what Kate wore, because she was part of the bridal party and women like talking about clothes.
It does not matter what food was served and I have yet to see anyone here talk about it.
Speculating about where Meghan was and how far Harry had to go to get her?
I just assumed that he important things were Meghan wasn't at the wedding but shes at the party; the in between I would think is irrelevant. I do not understand why that matters and I asked a genuine question because I was hoping for a genuine answer and not an attitude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leopoldine View Post
^^Spoken like a true resident of Noneofyourbusiness Drive.

Xenia, this is a little puzzle that is fun to figure out.
OK thank you, thats all I was wondering, to me it didn't make sense so I just wanted to better understand.

Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 05-21-2017, 03:48 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Why does it matter what Kate wore, because she was part of the bridal party and women like talking about clothes. It does not matter what food was served and I have yet to see anyone here talk about it. Speculating about where Meghan was and how far Harry had to go to get her? I just assumed that he important things were Meghan wasn't at the wedding but shes at the party; the in between I would think is irrelevant.
You are an interesting contradiction, XeniaCasaraghi. You profess a desire not to be restricted in what you talk about (when you perceive a criticism) yet you (on the same foot) question everyone else's conversational points as unworthy, irrelevant. How does this work?

Quote:
I do not understand why that matters and I asked a genuine question because I was hoping for a genuine answer and not an attitude.
Not an attitude? That's good to know. Wondering why posters must justify their interests to you. Are you doing research? You are a funny one.
Old 05-21-2017, 04:01 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Okay, claws away people - back on topic, which is not a debate on what is or is not important to discuss.

Further bickering posts will be removed.
Old 05-21-2017, 04:09 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Over all the conversations about this wedding so far, something has stood out for me. We weren't invited. Nor was the Press. I think it can be boiled down to titles of children's Dick and Jane books easily too.

1. Dick and Jane Get Engaged
2. Dick and Jane Plan A Wedding
3. Dick and Jane Make A Guest List
4. Dick and Jane Ignore The Press
5. Dick and Jane Baffle The Public
6. Dick and Jane Get Married

Lets face it. It was Pippa and James' wedding first and foremost. We were lucky to be able to get the pictures that we did by courtesy of the bride and groom. Privacy for the entire event was paramount and so was the guest list their own business.

Every speculation about Meghan's attendance is just that. Speculation. Logic tells me that if Pippa and James drew up the guest list of who would be invited where, that's exactly what happened and it wouldn't have mattered if one was a prince or a pauper, if your name isn't on the list for a certain event, you're not invited to it. Harry and Meghan adhered to the wishes of the bride and groom and would have had no input whatsoever in who went where and how and why. The bride and groom call the shots on their wedding day.

Upstaging the bride, Harry plotting the moves for the press and all those irrational speculations are fragments of the illumination of a overactive imagination. Meghan was invited to the evening party with Harry and that's all she wrote. Harry picked her up for the party and they went.

Even the villagers of Pippa's home town had precedence over the press and the public and that's how it should have been. Pippa and James could have really cashed in big time by making their wedding public because of the public interest in this couple but they opted out for as much privacy as they could attain. So what if the public and press get annoyed that they feel "left" out and turn into tabloid reporters all over the internet. The last book title was the one Pippa and James were aiming for.

7. Dick and Jane Had The Perfect Day And Lived Happily Ever After.
Old 05-21-2017, 05:28 AM
Courtier

Love the fact that Harry drove back to KP to pick up Meghan for the evening party!
Old 05-21-2017, 05:32 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee Anna View Post
Love the fact that Harry drove back to KP to pick up Meghan for the evening party!
That's *if* he drove back to KP. We actually have no clue whatsoever just where Meghan was at the time. He did go fetch her though.
Old 05-21-2017, 06:24 AM
Heir Presumptive

So she wasn't at the church? Seems a bit odd. one more person for the "plus one" of very prominent guest, is hardly a lot to accommodate and I'm sure Pippa would have fallen over herself to have her there...
Old 05-21-2017, 06:39 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
So she wasn't at the church? Seems a bit odd. one more person for the "plus one" of very prominent guest, is hardly a lot to accommodate and I'm sure Pippa would have fallen over herself to have her there...
I disagree. Status, position, bank account and social prominence played a very little part in how I think Pippa wanted her day to be. Her family and close friends came first and I seriously doubt that "connections" were an impetus when planning her wedding day. Harry was most likely invited as a friend and part of extended family and not as a prince of the UK. When it became more and more obvious that Harry and Meghan were a serious item, Pippa graciously invited Meghan to the evening party.

Methinks people put too much emphasis on the "royal" attendance at the wedding than actually seeing how these people interact as human beings. When it comes to something very meaningful for a couple and who they want to share it with, I seriously doubt they'd pull out Burke's Peerage to drum up the "right" people to share it with.
Old 05-21-2017, 07:20 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post

They were already having to cram people into the vestry in that tiny church, so perhaps space was a consideration?

Or it may have been Meghan and Harry's choice.

Although I'm pleased Pippa and James turned down the magazine exclusives like HELLO and People, now I wish we could see more pictures of the evening party. Guess I'm just never satisfied...
Old 05-21-2017, 08:01 AM
Heir Apparent

I suppose we won't see any pix of the evening party and I regret it very much !
Old 05-21-2017, 08:45 AM
Majesty

In a way, having no pictures available of the evening party shows how much they were able to keep a private event exactly that. Private. The guests didn't have to worry about waking up the next morning with their faces splashed all over the tabloids and could relax and just celebrate the marriage.

Of course we'd love to see pictures or interviews with the proverbial fly on the wall but in a way, I'm glad the party wasn't at all intrusive by the press.
Old 05-21-2017, 09:08 AM
Heir Presumptive

Everyone is waiting for an engagement but what would happen if there never is one. Meghan has been there done that so might not be wanting to go there again. Would they be able to continue with their current arrangement? Meghan keeping her acting career etc.
Old 05-21-2017, 09:29 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
Everyone is waiting for an engagement but what would happen if there never is one. Meghan has been there done that so might not be wanting to go there again. Would they be able to continue with their current arrangement? Meghan keeping her acting career etc.
No, Harry has spoken extensively of wanting to marry and have a family. If Meghan does not want the same thing they would have to go their separate ways.
Old 05-21-2017, 09:56 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa View Post
No, Harry has spoken extensively of wanting to marry and have a family. If Meghan does not want the same thing they would have to go their separate ways.

Interesting what if he was willing to forgo the family or maybe either one can't have children So many people these days are in this position and many don't want to marry. I just find it interesting as it could happen.
Old 05-21-2017, 10:30 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa View Post
I think that would of already happened if they both didn't have the same or similar views.

LaRae
Old 05-21-2017, 11:00 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
Last summer, Meghan was interviewed by Lifestyle Magazine for the cover article of their fall issue. In that interview, she said:

"I also dream to have a family. It's all about balance, and I have so much happiness in my career and am fortunate to travel the world and see so many amazing things — it will also be nice to be anchored to something grounded and in the same place. Raising a family will be a wonderful part of that."

So from her own lips, marriage/family are a priority for her.
Old 05-21-2017, 11:36 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by hel View Post
Last summer, Meghan was interviewed by Lifestyle Magazine for the cover article of their fall issue. In that interview, she said:

"I also dream to have a family. It's all about balance, and I have so much happiness in my career and am fortunate to travel the world and see so many amazing things — it will also be nice to be anchored to something grounded and in the same place. Raising a family will be a wonderful part of that."

So from her own lips, marriage/family are a priority for her.

I don't know what Meghan thinks, but, at least in the quote above, she is not saying marriage/family are a priority for her. Instead, she talks about "balance" between her career (and traveling the world etc.) and raising a family. It seems to me that she wants to have both, which obviously will be impossible if she marries Harry unless she considers a "career change" from actress/activist to princess of the United Kingdom.
Old 05-21-2017, 12:25 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
That's *if* he drove back to KP. We actually have no clue whatsoever just where Meghan was at the time. He did go fetch her though.
True. Sky reported that Harry left the first reception after about an hour and returned with Meghan in time for the start of the second reception some hours later. Plenty of time for the round trip. But not sure where else Meghan would be, other than the KP pad she shares with Harry on her visits over.

Anyone know did they stay with the Middleton family (and extended members) last night? Couldn't expect Harry to repeat the route, and definitely not if partying, although of course a (non partying) bodyguard could!
Old 05-21-2017, 12:28 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
I think that would of already happened if they both didn't have the same or similar views.

LaRae
Agreed! I think they are very serious about each other.