Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
Finally a picture! They are smiling and look happy.Their turn next

Old 05-20-2017, 10:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa View Post
Finally a picture! They are smiling and look happy.Their turn next.
That's what I was thinking. I think Prince Harry is doing the full-court-press with her (getting her invited to the wedding is part of that, I think). I wish him well, and rather hope she will agree. She will make a gorgeous bride, both because she is very agreeable to look at and because she has such style herself. We shall see.
Old 05-20-2017, 10:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa View Post
Finally a picture! They are smiling and look happy.Their turn next
You can barely see anything.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 05-20-2017, 10:43 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
My thoughts exactly!
Old 05-20-2017, 10:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

I see nice makeup and sparkling earrings on Meghan and a nice smile on Prince Harry. It is not much---but it is enough😊
Old 05-20-2017, 11:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Sparkling earrings and a smile are a sign they are next

Gabriela and Eugenie dates were the same. Well maybe one of them will be next. Honestly Gabriela seems most likely to be next.
Old 05-20-2017, 11:28 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Sparkling earrings and a smile are a sign they are next

Gabriela and Eugenie dates were the same. Well maybe one of them will be next. Honestly Gabriela seems most likely to be next.
Um...no. Me saying "they're next" is clearly my wish for the couple.😎
Old 05-20-2017, 11:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

Picture is no big deal. Meghan is in shadow and there is a glare that makes her barely visible.
Old 05-20-2017, 11:46 PM
Nobility

So now that there's a pic, is it enough proof that she was there? Or is the picture too grainy to be trusted? I like that this couple are doing things their way, and being as low key as possible too. Imo both go for great lengths to see each other, appreciate each other, and respect each other. I love it.
Old 05-21-2017, 12:24 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerry View Post
The Windsor theory is more plausible; I had no idea of the geography of Berkshire?) so put out the hotel idea, but I would think that a comfy afternoon at the family castle would be more in the Prince's scheme of things for his Meghan.
Maybe Harry prevailed upon the Yorks and had Meghan stay at Royal Lodge. Princess Eugenie was, after all, a guest at the wedding, and Harry has always been on good terms with them. The Yorks might have even hosted Harry and Meghan at Chalet Helora.
Old 05-21-2017, 12:36 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
The reception after the wedding is being held on the church grounds itself in a marquee. The evening party is slated to be in the "crystal palace" which is on the Middleton's estate.

Harry may have picked up Meghan to drive her to the church grounds reception.
I think the fact that the villagers were allowed way in front of the media to watch the arrival of the guests and the bride really says how well the Middleton's are accepted as part of the village. On the same theme, both William and Harry managed to disappear into the guests with ease which shows how relaxed both are around the Middleton clan.

I'm a bit dubious about the report that had Harry had to do a 100 mile round trip to KP and back to pick up Meghan. Two things come to mind;

1. Leaving her safely at the Middleton's home, as previously reported was perfectly sensible and also makes me think she went to the reception because by then the family, friends and media had all seen the bride in all her beauty and her presence at the Reception wouldn't detract from the bridal couple.

2. It would be rude of Harry to skip the Wedding Reception having been invited to the wedding. Moreover, the reception would be the perfect opportunity to meet more of Harry's friends. It's a bit hard to meet new people and remember their faces, let alone their names in a crowded evening bash with the music rocking and the lights strobing.
Old 05-21-2017, 12:41 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Verseau View Post
Looks like the Sun got the money shot. Curious about more pictures possibly coming out.

As for being stared at, any woman dating a senior British royal is going to get this treatment. If Harry were 10th in line to the throne his love life would not get a lot of ink and clicks. What ups the curiosity ante is Meghan is an American, a divorcee, a woman of color, and a practitioner of the Jewish faith according to some reports. To have a woman with this kind of background possibly marrying into the BRF has some significance in history making and putting on a new image of the British monarchy. For that reason the stares are going to be more intense. If there were an engagement announcement the media would go into hyper-drive with questions about a woman with
a diverse heritage and her potential impact.

Here, here. A fine post.

I think the Royals themselves are less concerned over her ethnicity and divorce and more concerned about her current family and discord within that makes its way into the press. The 1990's press wars are a lesson hard learned for the Windsors.
Old 05-21-2017, 01:18 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leopoldine View Post
Here, here. A fine post.

I think the Royals themselves are less concerned over her ethnicity and divorce and more concerned about her current family and discord within that makes its way into the press. The 1990's press wars are a lesson hard learned for the Windsors.
The discord is pretty much her much older half sister who seems to be jealous of Meghan's life and seeks to make herself important. Not really much of a problem IMO.
Old 05-21-2017, 01:29 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
I think the fact that the villagers were allowed way in front of the media to watch the arrival of the guests and the bride really says how well the Middleton's are accepted as part of the village. On the same theme, both William and Harry managed to disappear into the guests with ease which shows how relaxed both are around the Middleton clan.

I'm a bit dubious about the report that had Harry had to do a 100 mile round trip to KP and back to pick up Meghan. Two things come to mind;

1. Leaving her safely at the Middleton's home, as previously reported was perfectly sensible and also makes me think she went to the reception because by then the family, friends and media had all seen the bride in all her beauty and her presence at the Reception wouldn't detract from the bridal couple.

2. It would be rude of Harry to skip the Wedding Reception having been invited to the wedding. Moreover, the reception would be the perfect opportunity to meet more of Harry's friends. It's a bit hard to meet new people and remember their faces, let alone their names in a crowded evening bash with the music rocking and the lights strobing.
I don't think she was in London but I doubt she was at Middleton. For one he was seen driving her. If she was already at Middleton manor where would he be seen driving her? The night party was there.

Middleton manor would be crazy with caterers and staff. Not to mention she has never met the family till now. A bit uncomfortable for her.

More likely they have a hotel room. They aren't likely to have driven back to London after the party. And Middleton manor would be full. She was likely where ever they are staying tonight.
Old 05-21-2017, 01:35 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
I don't think she was in London but I doubt she was at Middleton. For one he was seen driving her. If she was already at Middleton manor where would he be seen driving her? The night party was there.

Middleton manor would be crazy with caterers and staff. Not to mention she has never met the family till now. A bit uncomfortable for her.

More likely they have a hotel room. They aren't likely to have driven back to London after the party. And Middleton manor would be full. She was likely where ever they are staying tonight.
I agree, this seems more practical.
Old 05-21-2017, 01:39 AM
Heir Presumptive

May I ask why does it really matter where she was?
Old 05-21-2017, 01:40 AM
Heir Apparent

Why does it matter what Kate wore? Or what food was served? People are interested. If you aren't, by all means don't venture a guess.
Old 05-21-2017, 01:42 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post

I can't see much either but hope it was them. I wonder how many people there would she have meet before.
Old 05-21-2017, 01:42 AM
Nobility

Curiosity and the disbelief in the stories printed in the press.����

Closed Thread