The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2017, 11:26 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
My guess is ..small private wedding and she knows neither of the parties marrying. Makes sense that she would attend the reception/party but not the wedding.

LaRae
I agree. She also might even feared, that unwillingly she/her and Harry would take the attention away from the people getting married. Imo very thoughtful.

Old 05-20-2017, 11:28 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
My guess is ..small private wedding and she knows neither of the parties marrying. Makes sense that she would attend the reception/party but not the wedding.

LaRae
Another factor to figure in is that at the time of Pippa and James' engagement (July, 2016), Harry and Meghan weren't even a couple yet. The wedding planning usually starts not too long after the engagement announcement and it was probably already decided what the guest list would look like for the church, reception and party long before Harry and Meghan went public with their relationship.

There were only 150 guests, I believe, that were invited to the church ceremony and with that small of a group, its not easy to squeeze in a latecomer. The larger party probably presented less of a problem to add Harry's +1 to the guest list.

Its not a snub to either Harry or Meghan of what Meghan is invited to or not invited to. I'd be willing to be my last cheese curl that if Harry and Meghan were as involved as they are now back then, she would have been included in all three events.

Old 05-20-2017, 11:31 AM
Nobility

We know nothing about what really goes on, MM could have been sneaked in a back door to the church, although the rumours that PH drove off after the reception does suggest that he was going to collect Meghan for the afternoon/evening do.

Who knows
Old 05-20-2017, 11:37 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by TortillaChips View Post
We know nothing about what really goes on, MM could have been sneaked in a back door to the church, although the rumours that PH drove off after the reception does suggest that he was going to collect Meghan for the afternoon/evening do.

Who knows
Since everyone seemed to leave the church through the front door (including Harry) it seems like a stretch to think Meghan snuck out the back door. Harry doesn't seem to be playing the "hide the girlfriend" game with Meghan.
Old 05-20-2017, 11:51 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocoasneeze View Post
I agree. She also might even feared, that unwillingly she/her and Harry would take the attention away from the people getting married. Imo very thoughtful.
I doubt that thought ever crossed her mind. She didn't attend because she wasn't invited, and she wasn't invited because it would be inappropriate to do so.
Old 05-20-2017, 11:58 AM
Heir Apparent

How do we know which part of the day, the wedding ceremony and/or receptions Meghan was or wasn't invited to? None of us are privy to the arrangements, nor do we know whether the Middletons considered inviting Meghan inappropriate or not. Neither do any of us know what does and doesn't go through Meghan's mind as none of us know her personally.

Anyway, after she and Harry are married the inappropriateness factor will disappear like magic!
Old 05-20-2017, 11:58 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by USRoyalWatcher View Post
Update on the wedding via ET. Meghan and Harry left KP together, he dropped her off at the Middleton Mansion, went to the wedding/earlier reception. Now, he is supposedly going to get her for the bigger reception. I'm guessing no one really knows why she didn't attend.
This does not make sense. Isn't the big reception at the Middleton mansion with the glass marquee.... Etc? So why would he have to pick her up if he was going to be there anyway. He would simply meet her at the reception.

Quote:

LaRae
Interesting, this must be cultural. If I don't know an individual well if enough they will not receive an invite to my wedding. A wedding invitation usually includes the reception afterwards.
I don't understand the concept of inviting someone to one event but not the other.
Furthermore a church is a public place and anyone really is free to attend. Moreover, if I don't feel comfortable inviting you to the ceremony why would I invite you to the reception where there is food, music, and people letting there hair down and having fun?!
Old 05-20-2017, 12:03 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa View Post
This does not make sense. Isn't the big reception at the Middleton mansion with the glass marquee.... Etc? So why would he have to pick her up if he was going to be there anyway. He would simply meet her at the reception.
For the earlier (afternoon) reception at the estate where the church is located.
Old 05-20-2017, 12:04 PM
Majesty

The reception after the wedding is being held on the church grounds itself in a marquee. The evening party is slated to be in the "crystal palace" which is on the Middleton's estate.

Harry may have picked up Meghan to drive her to the church grounds reception.
Old 05-20-2017, 12:06 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Interesting, this must be cultural. If I don't know an individual well if enough they will not receive an invite to my wedding. A wedding invitation usually includes the reception afterwards.
I don't understand the concept of inviting someone to one event but not the other.
Furthermore a church is a public place and anyone really is free to attend. Moreover, if I don't feel comfortable inviting you to the ceremony why would I invite you to the reception where there is food, music, and people letting there hair down and having fun?!
My cousin had a very small wedding ceremony in the morning with a big blowout party in the evening. People do different things.
It sounded like only actual parishioners could attend Pippa's wedding and then only if there was room, so not quite public today.
Old 05-20-2017, 12:07 PM
Heir Apparent

Isn't the earlier reception at Englefield House near the church, the one where the speeches and the cake feature? The glass house at the Middletons is where the evening party will be held. We don't know at what hour of the day Harry was photographed in the car going to pick Meghan up, but he was still in his morning suit, sans jacket, so I think it was still quite early.
Old 05-20-2017, 12:07 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Its similar to what my son did for his wedding. The ceremony was held at a gazebo in a park and children were invited. The reception afterwards was for adults only. Its done this way a lot I think. The church was small so they had to limit the church invites. The reception and the evening party are probably planned for more guests to attend. Will and Kate did the same thing for their wedding. Some were invited only to the church. Some were invited to the church and the wedding breakfast at BP only and some were invited to the church, wedding breakfast and the evening party.
Old 05-20-2017, 12:10 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
She wouldn't of gotten a personal invite to the reception. She (if she's going to the other events) would be going as a plus 1 to Harry.

LaRae

Quote:
The link earlier said she was in London, and Harry was going there to get her.

LaRae
Old 05-20-2017, 12:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
The link earlier said she was in London, and Harry was going there to get her.

LaRae
No, the link said that the couple left KP together and Meghan was likely to be dropped off at the Middleton home.

The long and short of it is that no one knows and the media speculations aren't making sense.
Old 05-20-2017, 12:22 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Meghan was likely to be dropped off at the Middleton home.
Which made/makes NO sense... what was she supposed to do with herself, alone, in an unfamiliar house with NOBODY but frantic caterers running about ? Make the sandwiches ?
Old 05-20-2017, 12:29 PM
Gentry

People.com were the only ones reporting for several weeks now that Meghan would only attend the evening reception. They have been consistent & have been proved right.
Unfortunately after the Polo some media outlets got ahead of themselves & started to report that she will be attending the whole event. This has now proven to be nonsense.

People seems to have gotten it right so far & according to them Meghan remained in London & Harry is now on his way to pick her up. They even have a picture of Harry leaving in his car
Where Meghan Markle Was During Pippa Middleton's Wedding
Old 05-20-2017, 12:30 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post
Which made/makes NO sense... what was she supposed to do with herself, alone, in a house with NOBODY but frantic caterers running about ? Make the sandwiches ?

The Matthews family is very hotel oriented and our Pippa has caught herself a well situated party I think that the Prince has brought his Meghan to a nearby hotel to ready herself for the evening's festivities and will use that as a home base for the weekend.
Old 05-20-2017, 12:34 PM
Heir Apparent

I think you may very well be right, gerry. Meghan would be much more comfy there and it would be an overnight stay.
Old 05-20-2017, 12:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
No, the link said that the couple left KP together and Meghan was likely to be dropped off at the Middleton home.

The long and short of it is that no one knows and the media speculations aren't making sense.
There was a link in a different thread that indicated she was in London.

LaRae
Old 05-20-2017, 12:42 PM
Nobility

It is possible that Harry would drive clear back to London for Meghan, but it makes more sense that he dropped her somewhere on the way to Bucklebury. Harry would have a 2 1/2 to 3 hour trip to collect her from London after the ceremony.

Closed Thread